Empty

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ShinobiRikari
My friend influenced me to revisit KMC even though I never thought I would return after seeing how the Role Playing sections fell apart due to lousy posts.
To be quite honest, the forums seem different, empty in fact.
Currently there are only 100 active members, a number which seems odd considering there used to be upwards of 500.
Maybe it's just me having been away for so long, but I'm still amazed.

JacopeX
Originally posted by ShinobiRikari
My friend influenced me to revisit KMC even though I never thought I would return after seeing how the Role Playing sections fell apart due to lousy posts.
Currently there are only 100 active members, a number which seems odd considering there used to be upwards of 500.
Maybe it's just me having been away for so long, but I'm still amazed. You're looking at one of the best. big grin

But yes, it has died down alittle for some reason.

TRH
hello

SelphieT
um, alrighty smile

Leo.M
I like what you did to the text droolio

Naz
wavey

InnerRise
I've been noticing how inactive KMC is becoming as of late myself.

It's disappointing. sadwalk

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Dr. Badass420
idk, I haven't seen kmc in the "full house" mode, so I wouldn't know
weep

Spearhead
Completely unrelated to the post itself, what you did with the colors was sweet

Dr. Badass420
Originally posted by Spearhead
Completely unrelated to the post itself, what you did with the colors was sweet
agreed yes

Ambience

Yes, the role play boards are in a dire state.
The good roleplayers, are of a quickly dying breed.
That's why we have to stick together.
=]

SpadeKing
Originally posted by JacopeX
You're looking at one of the best. big grin

But yes, it has died down alittle for some reason.

Showoff disgust

Originally posted by Ambience
=]

we? confused

Gannon
Cool text. thumb up

SpadeKing
it must've took him 12 minutes for that post I just looked at the qoute

InnerRise
What is so wow about that post? I fail to see anything magnificent.

Dr. Badass420
Originally posted by Ambience
=] Originally posted by SpadeKing
Showoff disgust

we? confused
PWNT

Lana
I would like to put forward my opinion that if you only RP in Unhosted, you don't know many of the good RPers on KMC because largely they avoid that place like the plague...

General Kaliero
Indeed, I've never set foot in Unhosted. Gms make RPing so much better. And good posts should be counted on quality, not quantity... ermm

JacopeX
Ill argue with that part. Im in Defence of the Unhosted RP Forums.

you see, I RP in the Role Playing forum and also the URP Forums. Most of the best rpers are there with great minds and Ideas. The Role Play forums to me is quiet, boring, dire, and unfun. The only RP's I like there was the teen titan one.

ladygrim
Originally posted by Leo.M
I like what you did to the text droolio i was just thinking that

Scythe
Much like pennies in ones pocket...

Ambience

you see, I RP in the Role Playing forum and also the URP Forums. Most of the best rpers are there with great minds and Ideas. The Role Play forums to me is quiet, boring, dire, and unfun. The only RP's I like there was the teen titan one.

Well, I have to debate this.
I only stick to one roleplay on the site.
Halo: Spartan III

There are some brilliant roleplayers on this site.
But it's gone down hill by a land slide.
Crying shame really.
I'm not saying everybody is bad on this site because hey, there's still me. stick out tongue

OK, but in all honesty, not only are there very few good boards, but there is really no originality to them.

JacopeX
Im just pissed I listen to anyone. My RP wouldve of been awesome in KMC but Why the friggin hell did I do it in the friggin Blaxican forum. AH! mad Damn!

Lana

If you like juvenile RPs with no real futurescope, then by all means, I suppose Unhosted might be better.

However, I have RPed in the Hosted section since I joined KMC - literally - and have dabbled around in Unhosted before. Unhosted is so full of garbage that I don't think you could pay me to step foot in it. But the games I play? Been running for years and generally have some sort of waiting list to get into the game because there's so many wanting to play. I doubt anything in Unhosted could make that claim.

JacopeX
Originally posted by Lana
If you like juvenile RPs with no real futurescope, then by all means, I suppose Unhosted might be better.

However, I have RPed in the Hosted section since I joined KMC - literally - and have dabbled around in Unhosted before. Unhosted is so full of garbage that I don't think you could pay me to step foot in it. But the games I play? Been running for years and generally have some sort of waiting list to get into the game because there's so many wanting to play. I doubt anything in Unhosted could make that claim.

But that is all of the negatives that can be thought of from you probably. The reason why the Unhosted Rp is so much better is for the fun and positivity of it all. Yes, there are RP games that have too many n00bs coming in and ruining the RP's. Its actually not our faults at all. I have checked in the Role Playing Forums and it looks soooo dull and boring. There's even errors with which is hosted and which is unhosted. The Rpers have very great ideas but it seems that originality is not cared for because you are the few that care about originality. The rest just want to have fun in anyway.

My Rp for example (The Ultimate Hero RP) Was one of the best accordingly to the Most underrated rpers. But sadly its been ruined by a n00b. Therefore, it is not our faults.

Lana
But that is all of the negatives that can be thought of from you probably. The reason why the Unhosted Rp is so much better is for the fun and positivity of it all. Yes, there are RP games that have too many n00bs coming in and ruining the RP's. Its actually not our faults at all. I have checked in the Role Playing Forums and it looks soooo dull and boring. There's even errors with which is hosted and which is unhosted. The Rpers have very great ideas but it seems that originality is not cared for because you are the few that care about originality. The rest just want to have fun in anyway.

My Rp for example (The Ultimate Hero RP) Was one of the best accordingly to the Most underrated rpers. But sadly its been ruined by a n00b. Therefore, it is not our faults.

Hosted is not dull and boring, complete opposite. Unless of course you find games that actually have rules and one single person in charge boring.

I HAVE RPed in Unhosted before. And it bored me to tears. Fun? Not really.

The main difference between Hosted and Unhosted is that Hosted has one person who is clearly in charge, usually some sort of set plot, and some sort of rules in place. Unhosted is generally free-for-all do-what-you-want things with no one specifically running the game, no real plot, and no rules.

And if you have a game that can be ruined by a single person acting like an idiot, you need to rethink how it's structured and run. Because if it's set up in such a way that that's possible, then it is your fault.

Not to mention that you're saying that like that's newly the case. No, that's how Unhosted has ALWAYS been, as long as I've been on KMC.

AOR

cry I have missed you taking my ridiculous sig requests...

JacopeX
Hosted is not dull and boring, complete opposite. Unless of course you find games that actually have rules and one single person in charge boring.

I HAVE RPed in Unhosted before. And it bored me to tears. Fun? Not really.

The main difference between Hosted and Unhosted is that Hosted has one person who is clearly in charge, usually some sort of set plot, and some sort of rules in place. Unhosted is generally free-for-all do-what-you-want things with no one specifically running the game, no real plot, and no rules.

And if you have a game that can be ruined by a single person acting like an idiot, you need to rethink how it's structured and run. Because if it's set up in such a way that that's possible, then it is your fault.

Not to mention that you're saying that like that's newly the case. No, that's how Unhosted has ALWAYS been, as long as I've been on KMC. Actually, all RP's have plots. 20% of the RP's from both Unhosted and Hosted have no plot nor rules. The rest of them do. Great RP's are usually in Unhosted. Example Judgement of Celestial. Its not the only great one by the way, its a very well done and put together in in a good way. And Most of the RPers who are in the Unhosted rped there and I checked it out many times. Genius is all I have to say. In the Hosted, there is not one INTERESTING RP That gives you a story that can let be free besides Having to follow the RP in a such strict manner. You want to eat but mutants dont eat. Stuff like that.

BurningThought killed the RP by having everyone quit due to his extreme godmodding. I made Many rules for the RP but if you dont listen, things like this can happen. And this does happen in the hosted. Ive been there before. If its due to godmodding and breaking the rules, it is still not my fault whatsoever in that case. And yes I did rethink and redone the RP easily, it just that the RPers will refuse to RP, therefore it had to go.

I still dont see no difference between hosted and unhosted but there meanings and title. But Unhosted has the better meaning with more Interactive RPs, Original Chracters, Excitment, suspence, and Very well thought out plots in some RP's.

Captain REX
A majority of the Unhosted do not have plots. 20%? No, more like 80% to 90%.

Great RPs are NOT Unhosted. I'm going to say Ush's Star Wars game is a great RPG, great enough to have its own section.

Godmodding isn't possible in a great RP. Nor is it desired.

More interactive? Maybe, but that's because you can do whatever the hell you want and run rampant. Original characters? You haven't met Galder. Excitement and suspense? I laugh greatly at the Unhosted. Well thought out? You play as you go, that's how Unhosted works!

Lana
Hate to bust your bubble, but "making it up as you go along" is not the same as actually having a pre-defined in-depth plot. And you REALLY have not looked in Hosted if you say there's not a single RP with an interesting plot. If this was true, there wouldn't be 3-4 year old games running in there. But there are. So that sort of busts THAT part of your argument. I've not seen a single Unhosted RP that even approaches the caliber of some of the Hosted ones. Not in rules, plots, characters, anything.

And HAH! at the 'excitement and suspense' being better in Unhosted. I cannot even begin to fathom that. Try playing a game for well over a year, with the plot gradually being revealed bit by bit...and then discovering that everything that we thought was true the entire time was a lie and that we had been led on. THAT, is suspense right there.

And I'm just going to think about the characters in the RPs I play and sit back and laugh at the better original characters thing. Yeah. Not a chance.

InnerRise
funny

Come on people.

You all are doing the same thing just in different fashions.

Can't we put aside the differences and get along.

Afterall if there were no differences there would be no need for 2 seperate sections of RPGs.

ermm

Captain REX
I think you should change your 'catch-phrase' to another language, perhaps German. ermm

General Kaliero
Right. The Matrix isn't interesting at ALL right now. And Ush's Star Wars SAGA (yes, it's a ****ing SAGA by now) obviously must not be interesting, since it's now years old (at a near-continuous pace) and EVERY game has a waiting list for people who want to play.

As for the freedom thing, a decent RP needs a set plot to have any real success, because something needs to push the players in a singular direction together. Otherwise, everyone does their own thing, and there's no real game, it's just people saying "I do this!" "And then I do this and it's cooler!"

All RPs are interactive, duh. That's the whole point of role-playing: an interactive story.

Original characters? Truly original characters only develop through both good and bad experiences, and like real life trudging through hell gives them character. That's what a set story does: gives experiences of both ease and hardship. If you're just doing what you WANT to do then that never happens.

Excitement: You've never blown up an entire building with a pile of explosives in the basement while you were still in it, have you?

Suspense: Two words: Ghost. Citadel.

Very well-thought-out: Unhosted's not thought out, you make it up as you go along and hope that someone else doesn't mess up what you planned.

InnerRise
Originally posted by Captain REX
I think you should change your 'catch-phrase' to another language, perhaps German. ermm I don't have a "catchphrase". no expression

why? ermm

JacopeX
Originally posted by Captain REX
A majority of the Unhosted do not have plots. 20%? No, more like 80% to 90%.

Great RPs are NOT Unhosted. I'm going to say Ush's Star Wars game is a great RPG, great enough to have its own section.

Godmodding isn't possible in a great RP. Nor is it desired.

More interactive? Maybe, but that's because you can do whatever the hell you want and run rampant. Original characters? You haven't met Galder. Excitement and suspense? I laugh greatly at the Unhosted. Well thought out? You play as you go, that's how Unhosted works!

Hate to bust your bubble, but "making it up as you go along" is not the same as actually having a pre-defined in-depth plot. And you REALLY have not looked in Hosted if you say there's not a single RP with an interesting plot. If this was true, there wouldn't be 3-4 year old games running in there. But there are. So that sort of busts THAT part of your argument. I've not seen a single Unhosted RP that even approaches the caliber of some of the Hosted ones. Not in rules, plots, characters, anything.

And HAH! at the 'excitement and suspense' being better in Unhosted. I cannot even begin to fathom that. Try playing a game for well over a year, with the plot gradually being revealed bit by bit...and then discovering that everything that we thought was true the entire time was a lie and that we had been led on. THAT, is suspense right there.

And I'm just going to think about the characters in the RPs I play and sit back and laugh at the better original characters thing. Yeah. Not a chance. Are You kidding me? I can right name most of the RP's in the first page that have a plot at least. You have to check it out at least. If you are looking ofr a plot with a story, there's that also.

But you see, Ush's games are not original by the TITLE itself period. There is really no denial within that. Therefore, the hosted is not all that great. The unhosted is fun and RP's are actually meant to be interesting in many ways.

Actually, it possible. Some idiot will come in and say ::Kills all, I win!::. But I hardly see that now days. Things in the Unhosted has gotten way much better than before.

If you are actually just gonna jump to conclusions and call the unhosted very wreck less, check again. The more decent RP's are not like that at all. Plus, if your RP is meant to be like that, They are all VERY well ORGANIZED.

Example: Ultimate Hero RPG: Were Heroes are Born and Legends Die

I guess I never met Gladder But as I said....Underrated.

Well that seems kind of bizarre, I'm to bored to even laugh at the Hosted with the lack of suspense and excitement. At least there is more climax in many ways and more parts that the Hosted. I can prove by using Similes between two Rp's. The rules changed for us. We are not newbies, we are RPer's

Well To the part with the 3-4 year old rp's was so ridiculous. I doubt that alot. I actually see some childish RP's in there as well so there goes much for irony. When you said, not one RP is close to being as good not by in rules, plots, characters, and anything, it really does seem like you have not really seen how much you know. The Unhosted has more post, not because of legnth but the amount of people it gets. More people get into the more interesting RP's besides the dull ones. If I rped in the Hosted, I would understand them all easily but the thing is that where is the excitment? What is my motivation? Why cant I do this? And of course I know that there are rules. To have people follow the simple rules such as godmodding, cheating, and grammar. Also how much you type (which is not tolerated as much in both Hosted and Unhosted)).

Your definition of suspence didnt have much interest to me so it makes me think more to avoid the Hosted RP's from the ones you all RP in. Im alright in one RP there but the rest is dull.

And It really seems you dont give a chance when you yourself said you have not been there much. I did see you there checking it out. But have you really rped there decently in a way how it is suppose to be as a real rper?

Hosted RP = 0% Orginality due to the fact they are all based on a show, Video game, book, movie, ect.

Unhosted is from the mind and idea itself.

P.S. Make sure those RP's made by n00bs should be closed. No permission, no RP. Rules are rules. wink

Originally posted by General Kaliero
Right. The Matrix isn't interesting at ALL right now. And Ush's Star Wars SAGA (yes, it's a ****ing SAGA by now) obviously must not be interesting, since it's now years old (at a near-continuous pace) and EVERY game has a waiting list for people who want to play.

As for the freedom thing, a decent RP needs a set plot to have any real success, because something needs to push the players in a singular direction together. Otherwise, everyone does their own thing, and there's no real game, it's just people saying "I do this!" "And then I do this and it's cooler!"

All RPs are interactive, duh. That's the whole point of role-playing: an interactive story.

Original characters? Truly original characters only develop through both good and bad experiences, and like real life trudging through hell gives them character. That's what a set story does: gives experiences of both ease and hardship. If you're just doing what you WANT to do then that never happens.

Excitement: You've never blown up an entire building with a pile of explosives in the basement while you were still in it, have you?

Suspense: Two words: Ghost. Citadel.

Very well-thought-out: Unhosted's not thought out, you make it up as you go along and hope that someone else doesn't mess up what you planned. To me, I understand the MAtrix but it sucks.

And what takes the fun out easily is if you are not able to for example talk to someone because they are in different clans. (Yes this has hapopened before and it was the last straw. Too strict and very un fun). Anbd No, I doubt they do it cause they think it is cool, they do it because they are RPING. Simple as you said with interacting only thats there are meaning for it. Example, I used it to explain that it is more than the Hosted.

The chracter part I agree but there is a problem.....Every Chracter has done through hardship. Every BIo I ever read icludes the persons entire life. Not one everm issed a part that is the main point of there character. It explains more as well.

Im gonna skip the experience part because you really dont know who I am.

Ghost Citadel? Never heard of that. Please explain...

Actually, thats the last thing I think about. Someone messing it up. It seems you all think about the rules and put the RP's into a very strict trance while our RP's are more succesful in many perspectives. When I made my RP, I already had 15 people wanting to join and it went on smoothly. It was always in the top. but, at a random day, it all goes down. Plus, I was not able to control anything since I was out. Therefore, there are excuses for that part.

General Kaliero
To me, I understand the MAtrix but it sucks.

And what takes the fun out easily is if you are not able to for example talk to someone because they are in different clans. (Yes this has hapopened before and it was the last straw. Too strict and very un fun). Anbd No, I doubt they do it cause they think it is cool, they do it because they are RPING. Simple as you said with interacting only thats there are meaning for it. Example, I used it to explain that it is more than the Hosted.

The chracter part I agree but there is a problem.....Every Chracter has done through hardship. Every BIo I ever read icludes the persons entire life. Not one everm issed a part that is the main point of there character. It explains more as well.

Im gonna skip the experience part because you really dont know who I am.

Ghost Citadel? Never heard of that. Please explain...

Actually, thats the last thing I think about. Someone messing it up. It seems you all think about the rules and put the RP's into a very strict trance while our RP's are more succesful in many perspectives. When I made my RP, I already had 15 people wanting to join and it went on smoothly. It was always in the top. but, at a random day, it all goes down. Plus, I was not able to control anything since I was out. Therefore, there are excuses for that part.

So just because you don't like the Matrix it's not worth anything to anybody? Wow, that's mature. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Talking to people from different factions is what the RP General Discussion thread is for. We don't want opposing sides reading our side's thread anyway.

Simply writing that your character's life sucked before the game starts isn't actual development. It's set plot points in during the game that your character hates but has to do anyway that causes development.

So you admit that you've never done anything in a game as exciting as blowing up a building while still in it, then.

I'm not going to explain Ghost Citadel, as it was big and complicated and I wasn't personally a part of that.

Well, you're admitting that it does happen, at least.

Lana
Hi, obviously you've missed me saying that I HAVE RPed in Unhosted before. And that I couldn't stand it.

And yes, there are multiple RPs in Hosted that are years old. Matrix has been going longer than I've been on KMC, same as LOTR...both are well over three years old, LOTR is probably pushing four. Star Wars RP has been around nearly as long as KMC itself has and has been the same game running consistently that entire time.

And I fail to see how an RP is unoriginal simply because it exists within an pre-existing world. If you actually looked at any of the games we've mentioned, you'd note that while we play in that setting, and keep inline with the original plots, our games are actually completely and totally removed from them. We play completely original plots that follow what is laid down by canon but is outside of it, with original characters that we have all created. Not to mention that Unhosted has a lot of games that are based on games/movies/comics/TV shows, and Hosted has 100% original ones.

And the *kills all, I win* thing? Completely and totally 100% impossible in the games we play. It cannot happen.

Unhosted has more posts, but also note that the average age of the people in Unhosted is MUCH lower than in the Hosted games I play. Unhosted also doesn't involve as much depth - it's more for just tossing off random posts and wasting time. Hosted is better for more dedicated RPers who are in to playing for the long run. For that matter, quantity doesn't equal quality.

No godmoding, cheating, etc. are not rules for a game. That's simply common sense. Post length requirements are the stupidest things to ever exist and just promotes the idea of 'quality is better than quantity'. No, when I say rules, I mean REAL rules - as in, this is how to judge how strong your character is at this, this is how to pick what their weaknesses is, this is how to fight, etc.

Writing "whaaaa my life sucked it was so hard" into a character background does not equal development. PLAYING through hardship does.

Ghost Citadel was a plot that took us over a year to play through and finally work out exactly what was going on the entire time, and would take hours to explain. Put short, we spent a year playing through a plot thinking one thing, and then later found out that we were being lied to the entire time, were betrayed, and nearly all got killed before getting to take our revenge. I'll just state that that is one story that I will never, ever forget, and replaces the "blowing up a building we're in" thing that was formerly my top RP unforgettable RP moment.

On the "clans can't talk together" thing...well, if it's an opposed game where there's two groups against each other, that's pretty much how it's going to be. You don't want the other side knowing what you're plotting, right? You are enemies.

If you want to talk about success and people wanting to play before the game's started...trying having a full number of players several months before it's started. Try having to close signups and make a waiting list long before the game is started. Try having said game last for ages, and then when it does come to an end (temporary end, anyway), having all the players constantly pester about when it will start again. Yeah. That I'd call success. Not having a ton of posts and always staying on the front page.

I've done a loooooooot of insane shit in RPs. Of the group I play with, I'd be willing to bet only Rex can top the stuff I've done, and that's simply because he's been in those games longer than I have stick out tongue

ShinobiRikari
Originally posted by AOR
cry I have missed you taking my ridiculous sig requests...
Never got any PMs/requests from you while I was gone, though...

But hey, I missed you too!

Wow, everyone started talking about the RPG forums...

And I created a gradient with the text color by sending it through a generator.

JacopeX
So just because you don't like the Matrix it's not worth anything to anybody? Wow, that's mature. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Talking to people from different factions is what the RP General Discussion thread is for. We don't want opposing sides reading our side's thread anyway.

Simply writing that your character's life sucked before the game starts isn't actual development. It's set plot points in during the game that your character hates but has to do anyway that causes development.

So you admit that you've never done anything in a game as exciting as blowing up a building while still in it, then.

I'm not going to explain Ghost Citadel, as it was big and complicated and I wasn't personally a part of that.

Well, you're admitting that it does happen, at least.

First of all, I never said that the matrix sucks because I said so. I was just explaining my own opinion. I hardly see much posts going on in the Hosted RP's anyways, so that is why I said it sucked because they are not as great. (Now that was not an opinion)

And, we dont want any on you to go and look around in our place getting the VERY wrong ideas. I actually rp there but got bored with it. I never got a complaint about my rping of nothing. I RPed exactly how I RP in Unhosted. Therefore, not Everybody rp's how you all explain.

Are You fricken serious? I have never read one BIO that said "His life sucked." No, or anything on those lines. The way a chracter should be created is firstly by Idea, and very good chracter and I have seen more complex and round chracters in the Unhosted than the Hosted. There are many chracters with personality, and ways of life with a main plot within what he/she does. That is how every RPer in the Unhosted keeps track. The RP I made dosent have no limits, but if it goes to were its godmodding, of course people must object. If YOu are talking about between those two lines, then there just no such thing. You either RP right or are seriously Godmodding. Simple as that.

And and Addition to that, the chracters are what cause a stir in the story with out any confusions. That is why when you RP, you explain what is going on. I as the creater of my RP except other chracters stories to be part of the MAIN PLOt. That way, the interactivity is way more better and more funner besides having to follow a strict rule of following a plot. Why not create a chracter within your idea. Would'nt that be better? Depuite the opinion that the Unhosted is wreckless, all RPer's know what they are doing. There is no such thing as a "Great RPer" Nor "A Great RP".

Hi, obviously you've missed me saying that I HAVE RPed in Unhosted before. And that I couldn't stand it.

And yes, there are multiple RPs in Hosted that are years old. Matrix has been going longer than I've been on KMC, same as LOTR...both are well over three years old, LOTR is probably pushing four. Star Wars RP has been around nearly as long as KMC itself has and has been the same game running consistently that entire time.

And I fail to see how an RP is unoriginal simply because it exists within an pre-existing world. If you actually looked at any of the games we've mentioned, you'd note that while we play in that setting, and keep inline with the original plots, our games are actually completely and totally removed from them. We play completely original plots that follow what is laid down by canon but is outside of it, with original characters that we have all created. Not to mention that Unhosted has a lot of games that are based on games/movies/comics/TV shows, and Hosted has 100% original ones.

And the *kills all, I win* thing? Completely and totally 100% impossible in the games we play. It cannot happen.

Unhosted has more posts, but also note that the average age of the people in Unhosted is MUCH lower than in the Hosted games I play. Unhosted also doesn't involve as much depth - it's more for just tossing off random posts and wasting time. Hosted is better for more dedicated RPers who are in to playing for the long run. For that matter, quantity doesn't equal quality.

No godmoding, cheating, etc. are not rules for a game. That's simply common sense. Post length requirements are the stupidest things to ever exist and just promotes the idea of 'quality is better than quantity'. No, when I say rules, I mean REAL rules - as in, this is how to judge how strong your character is at this, this is how to pick what their weaknesses is, this is how to fight, etc.

Writing "whaaaa my life sucked it was so hard" into a character background does not equal development. PLAYING through hardship does.

Ghost Citadel was a plot that took us over a year to play through and finally work out exactly what was going on the entire time, and would take hours to explain. Put short, we spent a year playing through a plot thinking one thing, and then later found out that we were being lied to the entire time, were betrayed, and nearly all got killed before getting to take our revenge. I'll just state that that is one story that I will never, ever forget, and replaces the "blowing up a building we're in" thing that was formerly my top RP unforgettable RP moment.

On the "clans can't talk together" thing...well, if it's an opposed game where there's two groups against each other, that's pretty much how it's going to be. You don't want the other side knowing what you're plotting, right? You are enemies.

If you want to talk about success and people wanting to play before the game's started...trying having a full number of players several months before it's started. Try having to close signups and make a waiting list long before the game is started. Try having said game last for ages, and then when it does come to an end (temporary end, anyway), having all the players constantly pester about when it will start again. Yeah. That I'd call success. Not having a ton of posts and always staying on the front page.

I've done a loooooooot of insane shit in RPs. Of the group I play with, I'd be willing to bet only Rex can top the stuff I've done, and that's simply because he's been in those games longer than I have stick out tongue Well, probably in your perspective, you dont like the way RP's in the Unhosted were made Long Time Ago.

Yes, there is RP's that lasted for a long time. There is one that is still alive The teen titans RPG. It has been around for years. Before I even Joined. It has about 9/10 of them embers posting there from the beginning to present. And that is not the only one. MY RP had about 7/10 of all the RPers in KMC. I was amazed at how many people would like an RP that has the IDeas I have and explaining to you all right now. This shows that RPers who know how to RP, would enjoy an Unhosted RP better.

No goddmodding and no cheating are not common sence to those who are really new. You see, new members come in and mess up RP's. Even Socks. Am I a Predicter or Mind reader? No. I have no idea when so idiot will come and Troll a Hosted RP or unhosted RP. Therefore, its uknown AND IT IS NO ONES FAULT WHATSOEVER! I also Notice alot of closed threads in the Hosted RP that were made by newcomers. It shows that The Hosted is infested or "Plagued" itself. As you said by the way.

You see, If I were to do that, having people to wait for long time, that would be severe and Cause people to forget it and get into other RP's. I never had to do that and Most of my RP's (3) have been successful RPING wise and PLOT WISE.

And It does not matter how long an RP is. As long as It has great PLot, Rping, chracters, and suspence, It will be succesful. and The time does not matter. I had to end my RP with a "The End" Because thats the end of the First Chapter of the series of my RP's. therefore, what you said about a successful RP is really not all true. And Yes I understand everything you are Saying....

General Kaliero
Oh boy, I'm going to love it when Lana comes in and rips you to shreds...

First of all, I never said that the matrix sucks because I said so. I was just explaining my own opinion. I hardly see much posts going on in the Hosted RP's anyways, so that is why I said it sucked because they are not as great. (Now that was not an opinion)

Using the Matrix as an example... 52 pages since December isn't "much posts"? There's always a bunch of new posts every day; that argument is invalid on the grounds of you not knowing what the heck you're talking about. And mere length or number of posts is a rather stupid way to judge relative "greatness" anyway.

Actually, we took the liberty of exploring Unhosted again last night. Rather amusing, for me at least. More on that in a bit...

I have! It was yours actually. Maybe not literally "His life sucked" but parts boil down to that anyway.

More complex characters? So female Inuyasha ripoffs and badly played Ed Elrics are more complex than our original Dark Jedi, or our Matrix rebels? Right, you keep living in that dream world.

Of course, you're a godmodder yourself, so I shouldn't have expected you to recognize it in others. Sorry, I apologize.

"the chracters are what cause a stir in the story with out any confusions." I'm confused by that "sentence."

The plot is not some set in stone "THIS MUST HAPPEN EXACTLY THIS WAY" vehicle for the GM to do exactly as he wants. The plot is like a wide road: you can walk on whatever part of it you want, but it's still the same road going in the same direction. We have more of a problem with Ush leaving us clueless at to what to do next than with him forcing us to do something.

And just so you know, oftentimes we do become a part of the plot. For the Star Wars games, my created species was given a link to the main antogonists by the GM. In Matrix right now, Zink's Hephaestus is practically the main character of the story.

That's what the Rules are for. No game should have to deal with godmodders or cheaters, people should know beforehand that that sort of behavior isn't allowed.

The closed threads in Hosted are what happens when people want to play like Unhosted. It's purging the Hosted boards of unprofessional RPs.

Which is a testament to how good Ush's games are. Sure, people could go off and play other games, but they don't because they know they'd rather wait to play an Ush game.

If the length does not matter, then why were you boasting about how long your games were? That's contradiction, and makes you look very foolish indeed.

JacopeX
Oh boy, I'm going to love it when Lana comes in and rips you to shreds...

Using the Matrix as an example... 52 pages since December isn't "much posts"? There's always a bunch of new posts every day; that argument is invalid on the grounds of you not knowing what the heck you're talking about. And mere length or number of posts is a rather stupid way to judge relative "greatness" anyway.

Actually, we took the liberty of exploring Unhosted again last night. Rather amusing, for me at least. More on that in a bit...

I have! It was yours actually. Maybe not literally "His life sucked" but parts boil down to that anyway.

More complex characters? So female Inuyasha ripoffs and badly played Ed Elrics are more complex than our original Dark Jedi, or our Matrix rebels? Right, you keep living in that dream world.

Of course, you're a godmodder yourself, so I shouldn't have expected you to recognize it in others. Sorry, I apologize.

"the chracters are what cause a stir in the story with out any confusions." I'm confused by that "sentence."

The plot is not some set in stone "THIS MUST HAPPEN EXACTLY THIS WAY" vehicle for the GM to do exactly as he wants. The plot is like a wide road: you can walk on whatever part of it you want, but it's still the same road going in the same direction. We have more of a problem with Ush leaving us clueless at to what to do next than with him forcing us to do something.

And just so you know, oftentimes we do become a part of the plot. For the Star Wars games, my created species was given a link to the main antogonists by the GM. In Matrix right now, Zink's Hephaestus is practically the main character of the story.

That's what the Rules are for. No game should have to deal with godmodders or cheaters, people should know beforehand that that sort of behavior isn't allowed.

The closed threads in Hosted are what happens when people want to play like Unhosted. It's purging the Hosted boards of unprofessional RPs.

Which is a testament to how good Ush's games are. Sure, people could go off and play other games, but they don't because they know they'd rather wait to play an Ush game.

If the length does not matter, then why were you boasting about how long your games were? That's contradiction, and makes you look very foolish indeed. Rip me apart? Yea, can you please read the spolier in my sig please.

and After the second part when I quit talking about matrix, I was talking about other hosted RP's that were not as good. The Ush and Matrix games a the best excluding the ones that are dead at the moment. I guess you are misunderstanding once again and calling the Unhosted bad. Which is pretty stupid actually.

Actually, it is still amusing how you all mistunderstand the Unhosted RP.

I said that? I doubt it strongly. I mean, yes my chracter has so many unlucky things going on through his life but thats part of my original story. Why would you just judge someones chracter if it is original .My chracter came out of nowhere but only out of my ideas. I have been RPing Maybe more longer than you and I have been thinking of a main character. Very weak just talking about the negatives of it. Plus, the story does make sence.

I think youre misusing the word Complex with something else. Complex is really a round chracter, a chracter with more than one action or feeling. So please, use it the right way. That is why I put "round".

laughing laughing laughing ME a godmodder? Really, you are one of the three people who has ever called me that. Really, I would like to debate with you on that. You surely have no idea. At all. And you expect me to be shredded if you hardly know.

"the chracters are what cause a stir in the story by using there own story. And it is all done with out confusion since we know what we are doing"

Better?

You shouldnt take the stuff from Ush as a problem at all. You should all just keep on going and Rping. Simple as that. And Ive checked out the hosted. It is mostly known with RP titles like "Ush's Blah Blah" "Spike's Blah Blah", Ect. Thats what really killed it Misreably. The reason why is that the RP's are based on what the Creater wants it to be. Adding your name in seems pretty bad, from MY POINT OF VIEW, but yes you can try the RP. I checked it out. I did not like it. I would not have a problem Rping there it is just that, I will really be bored with it all. Im better with my characters. RP = Ment to be Fun.....Period.

Ok, and? (Sorry, Im not much of a star wars or Matrix Fan or have no knowledge of eighter.))

I hate repeating myself but I said NEw Rpers, therefore thety would know shit about the rules. IT happens alot of times.

But as you just said, theres rules to READ so the So called "Newcomer" Shouldve read were they posted. I guess they decided to go into the hosted RPG. so its none's fault but the Newcomer. PEriod. Unproffessional? If you are really gonna have the nerve to call every one in the Unhosted Unprfessional then you sir really shouldnt be arguing with me. I can right now give you alot of posts that show good rping....

And? Only the hosted cares but we dont because we are playing games. Once an RP is approved, we go on and make it. Because when we said "Who would want to join my RP", alot of people would say "I Join" And then while you wait for approval, you set up how you will make an introduction to your RP. Then, you will be ready as it receives permission. DOnt you know anything? erm

I Did not contradict myself there. You see, its like a book and the story is suppose to be VERY VERY long until the end. I had my RP with many events going on by order. First came the threat as we prepared, then It did come, then We went on to hell to fight Satan and his henchmen, then we went on to go and defeat every Villain that ressurected. After all that, we all RPed amongst ourselves now theat the Plot is over. Then I ended it. And I received many RPers, posts, and chracters making that RP one of the best. PERIOD!

boobsmagee
i dont give a dam about eny of this rp crap but the dam anime forum has gone dead there are about five people who browse it used to be alot more than that rows of unread posts it was great now theres about five topics ever replied in my god this sux a$$

LifeInSepia
Originally posted by Kenshiro Yuki
you allnl shhouldrespeeco te!isit KMC even though I never thought I would return after seeing how the Role Playing sections fell apart due to lousy posts.

Lana
Jacope, I took a look at your RP last night, and there is nothing original about your character at all. It's nothing but an overpowered anime character ripoff.

As are, well, pretty much every other character in it I've seen so far.

No depth, no complexity, and no originality or creativity. Not to mention rife with cliches.

Hosted is not dead. Hosted is far from dead. The only reason there's any slowness in it is because most of us RPing there are older and have responsibilities and real-life things to worry about. You know why most games in there are titled with someone's name? Because it's got one person clearly running the game. They're in charge. They made it. It's their game. They're the ones putting the effort into designing the game, making the rules, coming up with a plot, and keeping it running. And it's not an easy job, at all.

Plus I can't really see how that could have killed it as that's how it's always been, anyway. Not that you'd know.

I'll also state that, judging by my recent perusings of the Unhosted forum, the quality of it has dropped significantly since I RPed in there two years ago. Quantity hasn't. Quality, however, has.

For that matter, as you have claimed to have RPed longer than us...how long have you been RPing?

Oh, and might want to take a look at the KMC forum rules, by the way. Advertising other forums is spam and against the rules.

Lord Melkor
What is exactly the point of this thread? Actually, I don`t see much diffrence between Hosted and Unhosted games- most of them seem bland, and Ushgarak`s games are the only ones that have real rules, as well as strong Gamemaster who is in firm control of the game. If you want to see more games like Ush`s check sites like rpg.net. KMC is mostly immature in regards to role-playing, at least in my opinion. Ush`s games being an exception.

Frankly, best role-playing games are usually the ones you play in real life, with you and your friends sittiing at the table. It is harder to roleplay online, though often more convenient.

Edit: I didn`t want to insult some people`s preferences- I am just not a big fan of completely free-form roleplaying.

Kenshiro Yuki
The initial purpose of this thread was me wanting to state how empty I though KMC was. I made a comment about the role playing forums, and it took off from there.

MadMel
^ laughing out loud
im not even gonna bother replying to lanas post...
no offense lana

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.