Hal Jordan vs Apocalypse

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JuanJohnboy
Green Lantern Hal Jordan vs Apocalypse....

NO PREP

Apocalypse has access to his normal suit nothing else, and Hal well his power ring.

who wins??

guy222
Originally posted by JuanJohnboy
Green Lantern Hal Jordan vs Apocalypse....

NO PREP

Apocalypse has access to his normal suit nothing else, and Hal well his power ring.

who wins??

hal

hal as spectre or parallax apoc dies

Soljer
Originally posted by guy222
hal

hal as spectre or parallax apoc dies

Why would Hal be Spectre or Parallax in this thread? Does the title say Parallax versus Apocalypse? Does it say Spectre?

No?

Then it's a green-****ing-lantern against Apocalypse. Not God's wrath or one of the strongest Oa wielders to date.

Regardless, Hal should be able to best Apocalypse.

guy222
Originally posted by Soljer

Why would Hal be Spectre or Parallax in this thread? Does the title say Parallax versus Apocalypse? Does it say Spectre?

No?

Then it's a green-****ing-lantern against Apocalypse. Not God's wrath or one of the strongest Oa wielders to date.

i know it doesn't say that

i took hal as well

doctorstrongbad
Apocalypse fights the entire x-men by himself, he is not to be taken lightly. The fight would be closer than you guys think. Check out his bio.

Lord S
Originally posted by doctorstrongbad
Apocalypse fights the entire x-men by himself, he is not to be taken lightly. The fight would be closer than you guys think. Check out his bio. *Yawn* at his bio.

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by Lord S
*Yawn* at his bio.

He can increase his strength and size to crazy levels. He has the experience edge, he has been around since the days of ancient egypt.

juggernaut66666
Hal once destroyed a planet with a blast accidentally. no expression

Symmetric Chaos
He can increase his strength and size to crazy levels. He has the experience edge, he has been around since the days of ancient egypt.

I think the fact that his plans are centuries old and still fail has been brought up

Even "nonjobbing Apoc" goes down to Hal

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by juggernaut66666

Apocalypse has force fields and is used to fighting stronger engery blasters. The guy fought the X-men, X-force, and X-factor all at once. I'm not saying he would own, but he would have a decent showing.

You guys are acting like he has o% chance.

juggernaut66666
Because he has 0% chance. smile

Symmetric Chaos
Apocalypse has force fields and is used to fighting stronger engery blasters. The guy fought the X-men, X-force, and X-factor all at once. I'm not saying he would own, but he would have a decent showing.

The power ring does more than blast people and make constructs Hal could "cure" Apoc mutation and disassemble his tech. Or he could throw Apoc into a blackhole.

doctorstrongbad
Because he has 0% chance. smile

I can't believe he has zero chance. Maybe he makes one of the new horseman? Yeah thats the ticket.

Lets not fight, lets be friends. hehe

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
The power ring does more than blast people and make constructs Hal could "cure" Apoc mutation and disassemble his tech. Or he could throw Apoc into a blackhole.

What kind of villains does Hal and the other Green Lanterns go up against anyway? I'm surprised that the Guardians need so many Green Lanterns if just one is capable of things like that. no expression

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Evil_Ash
What kind of villains does Hal and the other Green Lanterns go up against anyway? I'm surprised that the Guardians need so many Green Lanterns if just one is capable of things like that. no expression

Hal is supposed to be powerful even for a GL. I assume they need the corps b/c they need to police a large area. It might also be because the responsibility of protecting much more than a planet would make any individual snap.

Jyppe
Apocalypse is way too slow. he dies.

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Hal is supposed to be powerful even for a GL. I assume they need the corps b/c they need to police a large area. It might also be because the responsibility of protecting much more than a planet would make any individual snap.

Well if he is king GL then I accept he could win. Apoc could be a regular GL.

Doctor S.T.D.

Hal recently beat an army of Man hunters, each capable of destroying a planet. Hal beats Supes 6/10, what the hell is Apocalypses size changing going to do against him ? The guys be been beaten by Namor.

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by Doctor S.T.D.
Hal recently beat an army of Man hunters, each capable of destroying a planet. Hal beats Supes 6/10, what the hell is Apocalypses size changing going to do against him ? The guys be been beaten by Namor.
Don't forget when he went rogue against OA he slayed alot Gls including Kilowog and Sinestro.

Loot
Originally posted by Soljer

No?

agreed

Doctor S.T.D.
Don't forget when he went rogue against OA he slayed alot Gls including Kilowog and Sinestro. [/QUOTE

Those two would own Apocalypse as well.

swerve1988
well written APOC would be an unstopable force....that being said....hal would get his bones broken, soul stolen, ring stolen, and turned into a horsman. All in under 5 minutes!

Soleran
Originally posted by Evil_Ash

QFT

boriquaking55
Apoc is very powerful, but lets face it - he's not going to be able to hang with an experienced GL like Hal. There are so many ways Hal could win with his versatility that it's sickening.

Hal 8/10 - I'd give Apoc 2 wins out of generosity to be honest.

TricksterPriest
Much as I hate to agree with you, even well written Classic Apoc would have trouble here. Hal takes 6-7/10. Apoc can take 4-5 with prep. You're not counting his psionics, which are quite formidable.

guy222
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Much as I hate to agree with you, even well written Classic Apoc would have trouble here. Hal takes 6-7/10. Apoc can take 4-5 with prep. You're not counting his psionics, which are quite formidable.

not as good as xavier smile

boriquaking55

What good would that do against one of the strongest-willed Green Lanterns?

Look, I'm sure Apoc could hold his own against an inexperienced GL or maybe Guy. Hal is one of the best though, one of the most powerful herald-level beings out there. Period.

You guys can't seriously think any version of Apoc could take majority on a top-dog GL?

Well, there's the Apoc that fought High Evolutionary. He was mighty impressive - he could hold his own.

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by swerve1988
well written APOC would be an unstopable force....that being said....hal would get his bones broken, soul stolen, ring stolen, and turned into a horsman. All in under 5 minutes!

Have you ever read Age of Apoc? The guy takes over the world.

The problem is they don't always write him to his power level.

boriquaking55

Well if he's never written at his "supposed" power level, so that point is moot.

Hal basically = SS.

This is basically saying you guys think Apoc can beat SS?

In that case I'll just agree, Hal can job to Apoc if that makes you guys happy.

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by boriquaking55
Well if he's never written at his "supposed" power level, so that point is moot.

Hal basically = SS.

This is basically saying you guys think Apoc can beat SS?

In that case I'll just agree, Hal can job to Apoc if that makes you guys happy.

He was written that way in "Age of Apoc" story. He takes over the world.

Like I said earlier, Hal is King GL.

Apoc could defeat a normal GL.

I wonder what he could do with the ring?

Symmetric Chaos

So has Doom (more than once) but he's not at Hal's level either

This is true, but even with the powers he should have the odds of him taking down Hal are extremely slim.

A helluva lot of damage (unless the Oa stop him)

Board Walker
hal

Supreme being
He was written that way in "Age of Apoc" story. He takes over the world.

Like I said earlier, Hal is King GL.

Apoc could defeat a normal GL.

laughing I dont believe your using age of Apocalypse to try and back Apocalypse up, you do know he was killed in that by magneto.

Symmetric Chaos
Hey Board Walker nice sig!

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by Supreme being
laughing I dont believe your using age of Apocalypse to try and back Apocalypse up, you do know he was killed in that by magneto.

Well he did take over the world. Somebody made a comment about him always failing to take over the world.

Face it bad guys always fail. Its like blaming Lex Luthor for never stopping superman. He was President, so that makes him a sucess corect?

boriquaking55
So nobody has a real reason Apoc could hang with high-level heralds. He has showed flashes of dominance, but you guys aren't even talking about his best showings.

You guys should have at least used teh High-evolutionary Apoc - at least he was respectable.

doctorstrongbad
Okay I'll admit Apoc can't beat Hal "The king" Gl.

I still think he could be your normal every day GL.

Then he gets his first ring.... the first of many. hehe

TricksterPriest
The Apoc that beat HE, was "Classic Apoc" He also kicked Loki's ass, PE Ikaris's ass, and a bunch of others. I'm probably the strongest Apoc supporter next to Xplosive, and even I think Classic Apoc would lose a majority of the fights. But he would make Hal bleed for them. I see Classic Apoc taking 3-4/10. Any GL other than Hal or Ion would probably lose outright. That includes Stewart, pre-Ion Rayner, and of course, Guy.

boriquaking55
The Apoc that beat HE, was "Classic Apoc" He also kicked Loki's ass, PE Ikaris's ass, and a bunch of others. I'm probably the strongest Apoc supporter next to Xplosive, and even I think Classic Apoc would lose a majority of the fights. But he would make Hal bleed for them. I see Classic Apoc taking 3-4/10. Any GL other than Hal or Ion would probably lose outright. That includes Stewart, pre-Ion Rayner, and of course, Guy.

I can agree with that. Although I do think Apoc beating Prime Eternal Ikaris might be PIS. I also think Kilowogg could take it to Apoc though too - he's right up there with Hal and one of the finest GL's in the universe.

doctorstrongbad
I can agree with that. Although I do think Apoc beating Prime Eternal Ikaris might be PIS. I also think Kilowogg could take it to Apoc though too - he's right up there with Hal and one of the finest GL's in the universe.

At least you guys are finally giving Apoc some street cred.

Symmetric Chaos
Okay I'll admit Apoc can't beat Hal "The king" Gl.

I still think he could be your normal every day GL.

Then he gets his first ring.... the first of many. hehe

Thats an interesting angle.

I suppose Apoc could hunt down less powerful GL's and take thier rings. With all that power he's smart enough and strong willed enough to do some damage to Hal.

boriquaking55
At least you guys are finally giving Apoc some street cred.

nah he's definitely got street cred. I just don't like the idea of him fighting people like Darkseid, Thanos, Gog wars Doomsday, SS, etc etc...

that would be a little too much cred laughing

TricksterPriest
I read that fight, Ikaris was just plain outgunned. He couldn't even hit Apoc. I'm not sure about Kilowog, feats? I'm fairly sure the Dark Lantern form would be too much for Apoc. Unless....Apoc can absorb the green lantern energy.

doctorstrongbad
nah he's definitely got street cred. I just don't like the idea of him fighting people like Darkseid, Thanos, Gog wars Doomsday, SS, etc etc...

that would be a little too much cred laughing

That is true, but watch out once he starts collecting GL rings. wink

Do those rings work against yellow things or was that just in the cartoon?

Symmetric Chaos

At this point I think its all will based and Apoc is smart enough to get around the "yellow impurity" by acting indirectly.

boriquaking55

nah I think that was retconned a while ago.

TricksterPriest
The whole Parallax thing was the retcon of the yellow weakness. The Parallax entity itself was the yellow impurity. Once they booted it out, the battery was able to work on yellow, albeit only experienced lanterns can do so. Novices can't get around the mental block. But basically, with enough will power, and knowing that the yellow weakness is not in force, you can get around it. It would be pretty scary seeing Apoc go on a Hal Jordan or Sinestro style rampage, absorbing the power of the rings. Given that there may not be a power cap on how much he can absorb, he could potentially absorb the great battery on Oa.....unless someone can give me a reason why not?

batdude123
Hal Jordan with his eyes closed 10/10. smile

Supreme being
The whole Parallax thing was the retcon of the yellow weakness. The Parallax entity itself was the yellow impurity. Once they booted it out, the battery was able to work on yellow, albeit only experienced lanterns can do so. Novices can't get around the mental block. But basically, with enough will power, and knowing that the yellow weakness is not in force, you can get around it. It would be pretty scary seeing Apoc go on a Hal Jordan or Sinestro style rampage, absorbing the power of the rings. Given that there may not be a power cap on how much he can absorb, he could potentially absorb the great battery on Oa.....unless someone can give me a reason why not?

If he trys that he will have to face a bunch of Gls and Apocalypse is certainly no Hal Jordan so he isnt going to get far.

Evil_Ash
I can agree with that. Although I do think Apoc beating Prime Eternal Ikaris might be PIS.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/apocmorph3.png

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/apocmorph4.png

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/apocmorph5.png

Originally posted by Jyppe
Apocalypse is way too slow. he dies.

His shapeshifting abilities beg to differ.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/Apocmorph.png

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/Apocmorph2.png

juggernaut66666
CAN'T DODGE THIS! http://img346.imageshack.us/img346/2624/haha025cyhq6.gif
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4988698

Evil_Ash
Why you miserable cork sucker stick out tongue

We all know that made Apoc look like an utter idiot. But seriously, that issue was just PIS writing to begin with. Apoc was written completely out of character.

batdude123
Hal 10/10.

boriquaking55
Apoc with all his awesome agility couldn't dodge Blackbolt big grin

LORDSIDIOUS01
HAHAHAHAHAAHA You can't be serious. If this is Hal Jordan with Parallax powers he might win. Otherwise he stands no chance in hell.

boriquaking55
Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
HAHAHAHAHAAHA You can't be serious. If this is Hal Jordan with Parallax powers he might win. Otherwise he stands no chance in hell.

Oh snap!

I wasn't aware Apoc's Celestial tech actually made him.....a Celestial.

Enlighten us, my friend wink

xmarksthespot
Hal 10/10.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Hal Jordan was an exceptional GL. He was until went mad. When he became Parallax Hal was very powerful. If he still had those powers and abilities he'd kill a lot of folks.

Evil_Ash
Apoc with all his awesome agility couldn't dodge Blackbolt big grin

He didn't need to dodge here.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/powers4.png

boriquaking55
doesn't work

Evil_Ash
Now it does. Check again.

TricksterPriest
Mad props Ash. And you suck monkey balls jugg. stick out tongue See, that was Classic Apoc in Ash's scans, the Apoc who schools X-men suckas and show them who the real team buster is. Represent for Egypt, bitches! laughing

Doctor S.T.D.
Originally posted by swerve1988

Well written my arse ! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Doctor S.T.D.

Destroying Planets > Taking over the world.

guy222
Mad props Ash. And you suck monkey balls jugg. stick out tongue See, that was Classic Apoc in Ash's scans, the Apoc who schools X-men suckas and show them who the real team buster is. Represent for Egypt, bitches! laughing

apoc over green rings big grin

Lord S

The problem is they don't always write him to his power level. Taking over the world is pretty easy when there are no heroes (in full hero mode) around to stop you.

No Thor
No Fantastic Four

BTW, didn't he only take over North America? Wasn't an armorless Dr. Doom opposing him in Europe?

WrathfulDwarf
At full power ring....Hal take Apocalypse out 10/10.

Even at 20% Hal could give Apocaypse a severe injury.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.