ryu (street fighter) vs. kyo (king of fighters)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jake hamoy
oh yeah. don't know what to expect

Remulous
Originally posted by jake hamoy
oh yeah. don't know what to expect I do.

Lord Saboteur
Originally posted by Remulous
I do. This isn't a very pretty thread, is it?

TricksterPriest
Not on your life, bub. stick out tongue Kyo gets KTFOed. Ansatsuken>Magatama. Magatama no Orochi seems to be far closer in power IMO.

Sado22
i would agree if Ryu can toast people alive and have enough power to vaporize people. according to KoF Kyo, the kusanagi flames can render the opponent to a pile of ash (no puns intended) if the weilder doesn't control himself. also powerwise, Kyo was able to send Orochi a god to lalaland. Ryu couldn't even defeat Sagat. now don't tell me you guys think that Sagat is stronger than Orochi do you?

nonetheless this will be a great fight. Kyo though finishes it with an orochinagi and makes a philly cheese stake out of Ryu!

~The INvincible Sado-sama

Remulous
Originally posted by Sado22
i would agree if Ryu can toast people alive and have enough power to vaporize people. according to KoF Kyo, the kusanagi flames can render the opponent to a pile of ash (no puns intended) if the weilder doesn't control himself. also powerwise, Kyo was able to send Orochi a god to lalaland. Ryu couldn't even defeat Sagat. now don't tell me you guys think that Sagat is stronger than Orochi do you?

nonetheless this will be a great fight. Kyo though finishes it with an orochinagi and makes a philly cheese stake out of Ryu!

~The INvincible Sado-sama No it wont, this fight will be a walk in the park, I mean Kyo will put up a fight but not enough to notice. Kyo's flames aint that hot they burn but not that good cause Iori still kicks his ass nearly unscathed. Let's see Kyo last more than 30 minutes with Ken if that long. I still respect Kyo though, maybe when he's like 40 he'll win. Kyo is still bad ass, a true blue King Of Fighters!

beta ray bob
?

ryu=OMGSPLOSION

Sado22
two things here remulus:
-Iori never kicked his ass decisively enough. most of their fights have only ended in stalemates, save the KoFXI one. Iori holds the upperhand is something that the general fandom seems to agree on and was proven right by KoFXI.
-Iori doesn't get toased because a) he has the same natural resistance to flames that Kyo does. as it is Iori's flames are hotter than Kyos so he has more resistence to them. b) i said kusanagi can burn people to ash when fully unleashed and for that Kyo needs to go beserker.

Ken has no hope against Kyo. saying that would mean Ken can beat Iori which is a definitive HELL NO. Not only does Kyo have more experience, he also has better competition, better acclodates and better chin. Ken has yet to beat a single hightier. His only notable wins are against an unfocused Ryu, Sakura, Karin and sean. that's a shitty record. tell me Ken can KO Orochi, hold his own against things like Ignitz, go toe to toe with the most badass mofo in 2D fighting history (Iori), survive godtiers and take down a GOD with a punch. not to mention how one blast by Kyo made the whole NEST base crumble in KoF99 and how he took down Krizalid (a KoF hightier) with ONE move. also Kyo took on Orochi Chris and beat him during the big fight of KoF97 and O.Chris is godtier like Geonitz. Also not a single move of Ken can even compare to mu-shiki.
no hope for Ken Masters people. NO HOPE.

So a King of fighters is nothing in front of a street fighter?smile
I like Ken a lot too man. He was the first favorite character of mine when i started playing SF. but in all honesty, he is no where in Kyo's league.

~The Invincible Sado-sama

olympian
Originally posted by Lord Saboteur
This isn't a very pretty thread, is it?
It wont be, no.

P-Geyser
I go for Ryu...he trains hard and takes it seriously. Not to mention he has the fighting spirit and alot of experience to go with that. Though folks don't forget Kyo is a natural, so he closes most of that gap embarrasment

TricksterPriest
*cough* liar *cough* stick out tongue You said that just to dig at Brainchild, didn't you? laughing Kyo is enormously overrated. The Orochi win does not count due to that being a plot device win. It's not Kyo's power, it's the fact that he's a kusanagi with the flames. And Sagat would WTFPWN Kyo. And in case you're wondering, he'd beat Ryu too. Though it would be very close. Crouching fierce ftw. thumb up

Oh, and Ken would would beat Kyo too, but not as badly as Ryu.

Remulous
two things here remulus:
-Iori never kicked his ass decisively enough. most of their fights have only ended in stalemates, save the KoFXI one. Iori holds the upperhand is something that the general fandom seems to agree on and was proven right by KoFXI.
-Iori doesn't get toased because a) he has the same natural resistance to flames that Kyo does. as it is Iori's flames are hotter than Kyos so he has more resistence to them. b) i said kusanagi can burn people to ash when fully unleashed and for that Kyo needs to go beserker. Kyo's flames can not burn his opponents to ash. No one he ever fought has been burned that badly,

Ken has no hope against Kyo. saying that would mean Ken can beat Iori which is a definitive HELL NO. Not only does Kyo have more experience, he also has better competition, better acclodates and better chin. Ken has yet to beat a single hightier. His only notable wins are against an unfocused Ryu, Sakura, Karin and sean. that's a shitty record. tell me Ken can KO Orochi, hold his own against things like Ignitz, go toe to toe with the most badass mofo in 2D fighting history (Iori), survive godtiers and take down a GOD with a punch. not to mention how one blast by Kyo made the whole NEST base crumble in KoF99 and how he took down Krizalid (a KoF hightier) with ONE move. also Kyo took on Orochi Chris and beat him during the big fight of KoF97 and O.Chris is godtier like Geonitz. Also not a single move of Ken can even compare to mu-shiki.
no hope for Ken Masters people. NO HOPE. Ken has WAY more experience than Kyo, he's been fighting since he was a kid and he is far older than Kyo. Ken will also kick the crap out of Iori. You musn't have seen Ken's Shoryuken in the Alpha movie, It has been officialy stated by Capcom that Ken can kill with his Shoryuken. Kyo winning means he can go toe toe toe with Ryu and last a long time. He can survive in a one on one fight with Bison and he can win the U.S. martial arts chamoion chips several time in a row and win the final round in 30 seconds or be near Gill level. Kyo doesn't stand a snow balls chance in hell. You know why Ryu and Ken haven't beat guys like Bison or Gouki, because Capcom doesn't Job. If Capcom makes a God like character he's gonna remain that way. He's not gonna get beat by 1 single character just becuase he's the star unlike KOF, unfortunately.

So a King of fighters is nothing in front of a street fighter?smile
I like Ken a lot too man. He was the first favorite character of mine when i started playing SF. but in all honesty, he is no where in Kyo's league.

~The Invincible Sado-sama He's A King of Fighters not THE King of fighters. He's king in his own universe but if he was sent to the SF universe he'd see that being the star of the game means nothing. Kyo would actualy have to put in work or else he'd be shit out of luck. Kyo would be in mid average tier if he went to SF.

Sado22
that's what i'm saying: Kyo doesn't hasn't gone berserker yet...the only time he did was against a duo of Yamazaki and Yashiro but Kagura stopped him. he would've crisped them and Kagura didn't want him to become a murderer and wind up in jail...........especially since Kyo was the main player in the fight against orochi along with Iori.

dude, Ken doesn't have more experience than Kyo. Ken is not even a street fighter. also Ken is 32 in SF3. he and ryu parted ways after sf1. till that point he was only a dojo dork. REAL fighitng is different from dojo training. if you think dojo training does matter however, just know that Kyo has been training in Kusanagi ryu since he was young child all the way till the age of 18. since the age of 18 he's been not only fighting EVERY YEAR in the KoF tournament (save the 99 and 00) but has also been fighting other times. he's been fighitng people like Iori, Terry, Ryo, K', Rugal, Seisyu, Andy etc.
Ken's calibre of opponents is not so great dude. aside from Ryu and Bison, Ken has only fought Sean, Sakura and Karin who are rookies.
also you say Ken can kill with shoryuken.....dude KYO CAN ROAST!
Can Ken KO a god? no.
IMO Kyo can not only go toe-to-toe wtih Ryu he can stalemate with him anyday and if i have to pick a winner i'd definitely say Kyo. i don't care if you call it jobbing..............its impressive and shows Kyo's callibre.
can ken take on Iori and draw with him? no.
can Ken defeat godtiers? no.
can Ken put out hightier kriazalid with ONE MOVE? no.

Kyo would definitely be in the league of Ryu. he'd be just like Ryu a third highest tier....or possibly high tier. Kyo's really, really good. you don't become KoF for nothing you know.

Ken can never beat Kyo. good fight. yes. beat him...hell to the no baby. Ken is better off taking on rookies and school girls...which is all he does.

Do you guys know that Kyo's flame is not natural? do you guys know that its an art just like Ryu weilding flames for shinkunetsu hadouken?
kusanagiryu is just an art, much like ansatsuken karate.
i'm telling you this because i'm sick of hearing people say Orochi's defeat was plot device. Kyo and Iori used their skill to defeat Orochi. nothing more. nothing less.

~The Flameweilding Sado-sama

Remulous
that's what i'm saying: Kyo doesn't hasn't gone berserker yet...the only time he did was against a duo of Yamazaki and Yashiro but Kagura stopped him. he would've crisped them and Kagura didn't want him to become a murderer and wind up in jail...........especially since Kyo was the main player in the fight against orochi along with Iori. How do you know Kyo would've toasted them and not just beat the hell out of them? It has been stated that when flame users go berserk they are even weaker.

dude, Ken doesn't have more experience than Kyo. Ken is not even a street fighter. also Ken is 32 in SF3. he and ryu parted ways after sf1. till that point he was only a dojo dork. REAL fighitng is different from dojo training. if you think dojo training does matter however, just know that Kyo has been training in Kusanagi ryu since he was young child all the way till the age of 18. since the age of 18 he's been not only fighting EVERY YEAR in the KoF tournament (save the 99 and 00) but has also been fighting other times. he's been fighitng people like Iori, Terry, Ryo, K', Rugal, Seisyu, Andy etc.
Ken's calibre of opponents is not so great dude. aside from Ryu and Bison, Ken has only fought Sean, Sakura and Karin who are rookies.
also you say Ken can kill with shoryuken.....dude KYO CAN ROAST!
Can Ken KO a god? no.
IMO Kyo can not only go toe-to-toe wtih Ryu he can stalemate with him anyday and if i have to pick a winner i'd definitely say Kyo. i don't care if you call it jobbing..............its impressive and shows Kyo's callibre.
can ken take on Iori and draw with him? no.
can Ken defeat godtiers? no.
can Ken put out hightier kriazalid with ONE MOVE? no. Kyo has nearly no experience compared to the most inadequate SF, Ken has way more experience and he's older than 32, he's nearly 40 in SF3. Ken has fought on the streets plenty of times, where do you think most of his fights were at other than the American champion ships. I'd rather be a dojo dork training with Ryu than to be on the streets fighting a bunch of nobodies. Fighting with Ryu is far More intense than beating up on no bodies no matter where it is. Kyo does not even fight if it's not in a KOF tournament unless it's Iori, Ken has fought Ryu, Gouken, Bison, Karin and Sakura, who are not push overs, Urien and countless other fighters, FAR more than Kyo can even dream of.Kyo trained when he was younger but he doesn't train anymore, he just fights and it has been officially stated that he hates putting effort into anything. Ken's nor Shoryuken can kill but no one has ever officially stated that Kyo's flame can. Kyo can only KO Orochi because of a plot device, no more, not of his own power. Ken can KO Orochi. He can not go toe to toe with Ryu, Kyo won all his fights by luck and dumb ass plot devices, not off of skill. Ryu will destroy Kyo.
Ken wont draw with Iori, he'll beat him.
The god tiers of KOF are weaker and more arrogant and are far quicker to underestimate their opponents than SF.
If Kyo put out Kriazalid in one move so can Ken
Can Kyo win the final round of the U.S martial arts championships in 30 seconds? How about NO.

Kyo would definitely be in the league of Ryu. he'd be just like Ryu a third highest tier....or possibly high tier. Kyo's really, really good. you don't become KoF for nothing you know.
No he wont, he'd be in Sakura's tier, no where near Ryu's league. He doesn't even train, his fights revolve around plot devices.

Ken can never beat Kyo. good fight. yes. beat him...hell to the no baby. Ken is better off taking on rookies and school girls...which is all he does.

Do you guys know that Kyo's flame is not natural? do you guys know that its an art just like Ryu wielding flames for shinkunetsu hadouken?
kusanagiryu is just an art, much like ansatsuken karate.
i'm telling you this because i'm sick of hearing people say Orochi's defeat was plot device. Kyo and Iori used their skill to defeat Orochi. nothing more. nothing less.

~The Flameweilding Sado-sama No it was a plot device, those of Kusanangi blood and those who are the sucessors of those who beat Orochi the first time are the only ones who can permanently beat him now, it's all a stupid plot device. Kyo will get crushed by Ryu and Ken. He'll have a hard time beating Sakura.

Superboy Prime
Wow. You were right Ryu always loses when it comes to Sado.

All i can say is it isn't right for Kyo to defeat someone with the RAW power, skill, speed and experience of Ryu. Same goes for Kyo beating on Terry. Even Ken suits the bill.

Sado22
hey, a man can have his own opinion you know. i could turn around and tell you that superboy is f@g and having him in ur avatar is sad....that'd just be my opinion. you could tell me that having a mama'sboy pansy like jin as avatar is even gayer........opinions, dude, we all have 'emsmile

cuz it SAID that he'd have toasted them...you played KoF Kyo?

Ken is 32 in SF3 dude. Ryu is 33 and Ken is only an year younger than Ryu. so no, not more experience.

by most of his fights you mean the ones where he fought school girls and rookies right?

so now everyone in KoF is a nobody? get real man.
also Kyo fights in non-tournaments as much as Ken...never unless provoked.
and need i remind you that prior to KoF, Kyo also won the national Japan tournament in order to compete in KoF. oh wait i see it coming: kyo fought wankers in Japan but Ken fought really tough people in US even though Ken's opponents are people Capcom hasn't even bothered to name yet.
also while the tournaments for Ken have been farspaced, Kyo fights ANNUALLY. Ken didn't even take part in SF1 but fought in US tournament. Five years later he fought in SF2. Five years later he fought in SF3 and then US championships.
Not only does Kyo fight every years, he has won the first 4, put out the boss with one move in 99, and then two years later put Ignitz out of commition who was a legitimate godtier.
You're talking about Ken fighting Sakura, Bison, Ryu and Sean as a big deal. Try Orochi, Ignitz, Iori, Orochi Iori, Orochi Chris, Geonitz etc. THAT IS FAR MORE BETTER COMPETITION THAN KEN and you know it. now don't tell me that school girls are better competition than godtiers and freaks of nature. In the regular cast you have going toe to toe with legends like Terry Bogard and Ryo Sakazaki and holding his own.

Ken's shoryuken can kill yet Ryu who is "with all given proof" the superior fighter could NOT kill Sagat. He couldn't even kill Hugo with SHIN shoryuken. now don't tell me Ken is stronger than Ryu cuz we all know he isn't. Also Kyo hates putting in effort.........and yet put in unparralled effort to take on Orochi Iori, then the Orochi team where he was up against godtier Orochi Chris, and then fought Orochi who is a demon god. sure...look at his lack of effort. also keep in mind that Kyo has reinvented his whole moveset on TWO occassions. After he escaped 99 he has been training and practiscing (canon) to be strong enough to take 'em down. Also read his profile again: Kyo hates putting effort OTHER THAN fighting. read it again, rem (you seen trigun?).

look don't tell me plot device. it is baseless logic. i can turn around and say ken is shown to be almost as good as ryu due to plot device as well (since its obvious that not only is Ken a slacker, he isn't as focused as ryu). i could also tell you that ryu beating akuma in SFA2 (thanx for the headsup Darkstorm) is also plot device since Ryu's training regime is not inhuman like Gouki's nor could he at any rate be powerful enough to blow an island back then (since canonwise SF3 Ryu is as strong as SF1 Evil ryu).
plot device or not.........FACT REMAINS that Kyo KO'd a demon god. Has Ken even been able to KO Ryu yet? no. Has ken beaten a godtier yet? no. has ken beaten high tiers yet? no.
Please keep plot device out of it.

oh a day when Iori has both legs blown off by a shotgun, arms tied behind his back, blind folded and castrated with a .45 shot to the nuts.........then yeah. otherwise: no way dude in all honesty smile
okay lets make it more "diplomatic:
you tell me why he can and i'll offer a rebuttle. Again keep plot device out of this.

don't be a judge of things that you have no hope of measuring or knowing, remulus. with a mere GLIMPSE of his power Geonitz was able to turn the whole huge stadium and the surrounding area into a wrecked hell hole with everyone blown out of there and not a single remaining structure. JUST A GLIMPSE. Akuma's strongest move only cracked Ayres Rock in half. Do the math.....and please note the Orochi Chris was stronger than Geonitz and Orochi stronger still. Has Akuma ever had to be sealed away because he threatened to destroy the world?

once again all evidence shows otherwise, baby. Kyo was able to make the whole NEST base collapse with that move which by the way killed Krizalid (and that move was Kyo's serpeant wave..........a move he dropped prior to KoF96 as he considered it obselete).

possibly he can. Ken fought people in the US tournament that Capcom hasn't even bothered to name. so yeah they were bums from all standards. the people who Kyo fought in the semi and final are the other 2 people of the strongest team in KoF: team Japan.

Superboy Prime
Fact of the matter is you gravely underestimate Ryu, and that fact makes arguing with you a bit stale and boring to tell the truth. No matter what proof is given Ryu and Ken are cheerleaders who only fight whenever they are out of lipstick to you.

Sado22
does that mean you've got nothing to say and are admitting defeat?
come on mang! don't throw in the towel yet! i haven't even used kryptonite and kidnapped lana lang yet laughing

~The Invincible Sinister Sado-sama

Superboy Prime
I haven't given up, because I never argued with you in the first place. I simply stated my opinion on Kyo beating on the likes of Ryu, Terry & Ken and that was it. Here take a look at this map: you are arguing with Remu, not me.

Cloud_VII
I think Ryu would win but that's just my opinion.

Sado22
i respect your opinion man. i really do. but I have my own as well.
besides i don't think you can deny the fact that I do always bring up reasons to why i think "x" can beat "y".

are you trying to start a fight with cRoudO?
laughing

~The Perfectly Rational Sado-sama

Remulous
Kyo loses, Their is no way in hell he would last in a fight with Gouki. He will never be able to beat Ken nor Terry , EVER. Ryu and Ken are not in their 30s because they were in their 30s in SF2. I was never arguing, simply debating. You don't really even need feats, you can just play Fatal Fury and SF and know that Kyo can't win, look at his attitude.I hate debating against my favorite characters, even if it is for Ryu and Ken or Terry. Sorry Kyo. He's still my Ace Koon Boon.

brainchild81
Kyo can beat Terry. SNK just uses that time-limit crap to keep fans happy.Originally posted by Sado22
Ken has no hope against Kyo. saying that would mean Ken can beat IoriNo it wouldn't 'cuz Kyo ain't done it yet. I think Ken'd beat Iori more often than not, but it's close. Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Kyo is enormously overrated. The Orochi win does not count due to that being a plot device win. It's not Kyo's power, it's the fact that he's a kusanagi with the flames. And Sagat would WTFPWN Kyo. And in case you're wondering, he'd beat Ryu too. Though it would be very close. Crouching fierce ftw. thumb up
Oh, and Ken would would beat Kyo too, but not as badly as Ryu. Ditto. But Kyo's only overrated by a very small amount of people & regardless of what some want Kyo IS a natural. I like him more than most here, but even I admit Kyo is a plot device master. For those who say Ken's nameless opponents in the U.S. tourneys are nothingOriginally posted by Remulous
You know why Ryu and Ken haven't beat guys like Bison or Gouki, because Capcom doesn't Job. If Capcom makes a God like character he's gonna remain that way. He's not gonna get beat by 1 single character just becuase he's the star unlike KOF, unfortunately.
Ditto. Real muthaf**kin talk right there.Originally posted by Sado22
so now everyone in KoF is a nobody? get real man.
also Kyo fights in non-tournaments as much as Ken...never unless provoked.
and need i remind you that prior to KoF, Kyo also won the national Japan tournament in order to compete in KoF. oh wait i see it coming: kyo fought wankers in Japan but Ken fought really tough people in US even though Ken's opponents are people Capcom hasn't even bothered to name yet.
also while the tournaments for Ken have been farspaced, Kyo fights ANNUALLY. Ken didn't even take part in SF1 but fought in US tournament. Five years later he fought in SF2. Five years later he fought in SF3 and then US championships.
Not only does Kyo fight every years, he has won the first 4, put out the boss with one move in 99, and then two years later put Ignitz out of commition who was a legitimate godtier.
You're talking about Ken fighting Sakura, Bison, Ryu and Sean as a big deal. Try Orochi, Ignitz, Iori, Orochi Iori, Orochi Chris, Geonitz etc. THAT IS FAR MORE BETTER COMPETITION THAN KEN and you know it. now don't tell me that school girls are better competition than godtiers and freaks of nature. In the regular cast you have going toe to toe with legends like Terry Bogard and Ryo Sakazaki and holding his own.

look don't tell me plot device. it is baseless logic. i can turn around and say ken is shown to be almost as good as ryu due to plot device as well (since its obvious that not only is Ken a slacker, he isn't as focused as ryu). i could also tell you that ryu beating akuma in SFA2 (thanx for the headsup Darkstorm) is also plot device since Ryu's training regime is not inhuman like Gouki's nor could he at any rate be powerful enough to blow an island back then (since canonwise SF3 Ryu is as strong as SF1 Evil ryu).
plot device or not.........FACT REMAINS that Kyo KO'd a demon god. Has Ken even been able to KO Ryu yet? no. Has ken beaten a godtier yet? no. has ken beaten high tiers yet? no.
Please keep plot device out of it.laughingHolla @ SNK 'bout that mane. Ken being almost as good as Ryu because he's a naturally gifted athlete. Not Plot device Read his profile. Ken & Kyo are naturals. As far as the KOFers being nobody's, blame SNK for always being stuck so far up the hero's asses

possibly he can. Ken fought people in the US tournament that Capcom hasn't even bothered to name. so yeah they were bums from all standards.Now be sure to apply that to Terrys nameless opponents on the streets of Southtown as well mane.smile I'd expect to find better fighters in a tourney though.

the people who Kyo fought in the semi and final are the other 2 people of the strongest team in KoF: team Japan.
Goro & Beni ride Kyo's coattails like jockeys mane. How far do they make it w/out him?

P-Geyser
Kyo cannot beat Terry.

lightness
beating omega rugal is more impressive than ryu ever did by himself. Ryu just beat sagat because of the dark hadou and a cheap shot

TricksterPriest
I'll give you Ryu cheap-shotting Sagat. But you can't use Omega Rugal as a victory for Kyo. Kyo didn't win. Omega Rugal self-destructed, but before that, he was beating the entire KOF 95' roster. To say that Kyo could beat Omega Rugal is ludicrous.

lightness
kyo did lasted against goenitz for a long time who beat regular rugal easily. and beat regular rugal fairly. and he came up with a victory against terry

ryu's never really cleanly beat any boss chars canon wise. ryu landed a finishing blow on bison if you can call that a win, after he took on charlie, guile, chunli, sagat, ken, sakura, etc with his psycho drive weakened

brainchild81
I've heard Kyo won by time limit against Terry. I guess that means he had him on the ropes. Sucks that SNK hates the idea of Terry being laid the f**k out.Originally posted by P-Geyser
Kyo cannot beat Terry. Yeah he can. & Iori'd scorch him to the marrow

Sado22
oh man........another huge post to be written by delicate ore-sama. this isn't fiar. cruel worldsad

Ken cannot beat Kyo. You still haven't even answered to my post so i guess you have nothing to say (you see trigun?)
Ken was 27 in SF2. Ryu was 28 in SF2. SF3 took place 5 years later. regardless.
Kyo has a 50/50 chance of beating Terry. Possibly more.
Ken has may have a 10% chance.
you wanna debate better be reading to face the heat. moetaru?
*always wanted to say that*

name ONE reason why Ken can beat Iori or Kyo. I'm begging you oh respectful fan debator and enlightne this disrespectful videogaming infidel. I beseech theesmile
Kyo and Ken
power: is there a doubt? the day Ken can use an absolete move to not only kill a boss character but make the whole BASE collapse with him, KO a demongod (Orochi), go toe-to-toe against godtier and stronger than Gouki, Geonitz, go toe-to-toe and take out Orochi Chris who is stronger than Geonitz......then i'll say Ken's stronger. Otherwise, hell to the no. and you know it. oh yeah, that's right, Ken only has four moves to begin with.
stamina: in KoF97, kyo fought and won against Terry's team in the finals, then fought Orochi Iori, then fought the Orochi team and then fought Orochi. Sure...he hates effort but he can put a hellova lot in when he has too. So yeah, Kyo takes stamina too.
speed: questionable. could be either but Kyo's got more chain combos and his movements are faster.
experience: Ken is not a street fighter nor does he fight ANNUALLY. Kyo does and faces a hellova lot tougher and stiffer competition than Ken, whose only great fights are agaisnt non-focuses Ryu, Bison (with help) and then school girls and rookies...and unamed losers in the US championships.
career: Kyo is a natural while so is Ken. Kyo is 4 time KoF champ (5 if you count the fact that he is the one who laid out the boss in 99) and is also the champ of the Japanese tournament. 5 against 3....possibly 4 if Ken does in fact win SF though most people doubt it. Ken is a slacker like Kyo, though Ken has never reinvented himself, unlike Kyo who has in two occassions.

the geonitz bit is totally agreed. good point there.
however,kyo hasn't actually beaten Terry from all that i know.

like he did in those tournament where Terry has been making it to the finals and not Iori, right?
did some checking with Kaulu Lantis' FAQ. Terry has been making it to the finals since KoF94 all the way till KoF2000. not Iori's team. not Ryo's team. not anyone else's team.
Like Coop from MEGAS XLR would say: what you gonna rhyme with that sucker?
rolling on floor laughing
you dig Terry Bogard!
I dig Terry Bogard!
we dig Terry Bogard!
chicks dig Terry Bogard!
NICE!smile

Remulous
Yahoo Terry And Kyo!!!

P-Geyser
Originally posted by brainchild81
Yeah he can. & Iori'd scorch him to the marrow

Uh no just no...great opinion.

brainchild81
Yeah but you still seem to think Terry beats or can even hang w/O.Iori even though Terry needed a gang of help to subdue him. Heart conquers all right? Great opinion to you too good sir. smileIt honestly seems to be a combination of you loving Terry & hating Iori though. Originally posted by Sado22
like he did in those tournament where Terry has been making it to the finals and not Iori, right?
did some checking with Kaulu Lantis' FAQ. Terry has been making it to the finals since KoF94 all the way till KoF2000. not Iori's team. not Ryo's team. not anyone else's team.
laughing You've said yourself how Iori wanders the f**k off to look for Kyo. Didn't Iori make it to the finals himself 'cuz he was tired of losing because of his teammates? Iori goes by himself & Terry didn't even make it w/2 people helping him. Wouldn't be surprised if Terry & co took a beating from Iori on his way to the finals. Iori doesn't even care about the finals. He just wants to Kill Kyo. P.S. O.Iori doesn't just scorch Terry to the marrow. He melts him.

Sado22
again....what part of "did some checking with kaulu lantis' FAQ" don't you understand, Mr.President. stick out tongue
Iori wandered off in KoF95, lost to Kyo' team in KoF96......but whats his excuse for KoF97?
Terry on the other hand has been the team facing Kyo since KoF94 all the way till KoF00.
oh and just though i'd tell you this brainy:
in the KoF2000 when Terry and gang reached Zero's base they were attacked by heavily armed minions of NESTS/Zero. Terry took them on and was even willing to keep on doing it but the base collapsed. now...since you were inclined to bring up how Ryu could dodge bullets (from a handgun) i wonder what that makes Terry since he was taking on many heavily minions of the badguys all by himself and was even having fun?

brainchild81
The memory problems must be coming form you. I never brought up bullet dodging. I look for the Iori stuff, but so far it seems Iori's losing to the same guys who took Terry's team out. Big deal. Iori's flattened Kyo. Terry hasn't.

id369
I would think Kyo would win.

P-Geyser
Yeah but you still seem to think Terry beats or can even hang w/O.Iori even though Terry needed a gang of help to subdue him. Heart conquers all right? Great opinion to you too good sir. smileIt honestly seems to be a combination of you loving Terry & hating Iori

Likewise to you Mr. Iori fan. You keep claiming time and time again that Iori would "scorch" of "melt" Terry. Whether it's Iori or O'Iori which has NEVER been proven. I guess ripping everyone like butter with their fingers is a great conquers all to huh?

Remulous
Wait people, this whole Terry vs Kyo vs Iori has all been done before with no clear victor! Besides it's Ryu vs Kyo! Take a look at my avatar, can't we all just get along and swim in a sea of togetherness. big grin

P-Geyser
Wait people, this whole Terry vs Kyo vs Iori has all been done before with no clear victor! Besides it's Ryu vs Kyo! Take a look at my avatar, can't we all just get along and swim in a sea of togetherness. big grin

That gif of Terry you have from the real bout games, always looked better than Terry in the KOF games.

brainchild81
Originally posted by P-Geyser
Likewise to you Mr. Iori fan. You keep claiming time and time again that Iori would "scorch" of "melt" Terry. Whether it's Iori or O'Iori which has NEVER been proven. I guess ripping everyone like butter with their fingers is a great conquers all to huh? laughing I'm not trying to be insulting. Just logical. It's quite logical that if Terry needed a gang of help to take out O.Iori that Terry would lose to him in a 1on1 isn't it?

Cloud_VII
So much text...too much to read...
*hobbles out of room*

Remulous
That gif of Terry you have from the real bout games, always looked better than Terry in the KOF games. Ha, and I thought I was the only one! The Realbout looks awesome, even compared to Garou, although I think Garou is a bit better.

P-Geyser
Ha, and I thought I was the only one! The Realbout looks awesome, even compared to Garou, although I think Garou is a bit better.

Actually I think I am in the minority...I will always prefer the Red Hat and jacket to the MOTW Terry. He looks alot like Ken.

Remulous
Actually I think I am in the minority...I will always prefer the Red Hat and jacket to the MOTW Terry. He looks alot like Ken. Me too. The red with the hat totally symbolizes Terry but the Garou makes him look more serious, a tad older too, IMO.

P-Geyser
Me too. The red with the hat totally symbolizes Terry but the Garou makes him look more serious, a tad older too, IMO.

Plus to mention the fact he is much slower.

Remulous
I thought it was just the game.

P-Geyser
Yeah....especially if you play KOF 06(MI2) Garou Terry is called "Wild Wolf" and he is much slower than Terry.

Remulous
Unfortunately KOF 06(MI2) is like the only KOF I haven't played but Terry was kinda slow in KOF 03, though. i wonder why the game developers would do that?

P-Geyser
Playmore as of now does not make sense altogether. Terry is slower in his Garou form because I would presume he is older(35)not to mention the fact he is chubbier. Though Playmore has Garou Terry with original Fatal Fury characters.. embarrasment

Correct me if I am wrong, but I dont think Capcom would never do anything like that.

TricksterPriest
I'm sorry to say it P, but I agree. Capcom doesn't job out their bosses or use cheap plot devices as stupidly as SNK does. They also don't wank or wreck their characters. SNK has great characters, but Capcom has the better storylines AND great characters. It's why SvC Chaos sucked ass, and why CvS2 is regarded as one of the greatest fighting games of all time.

P-Geyser
Yeah....I have to agree. I enjoyed CvS2 more than Chaos. How the hell is SNKP not going to have Haohmaru but Genjuro, Earthquake and Shiki....make no damn sense.

Sado22
Lets be a little fair and unbiased here. Capcom first attempt at making a versus series sucked @$$ aswell. CvsSNK was trash. i remember how everyone complained of so many things. the only people who didn't mind it were SF fanboys. the SNK fans were especially pissed with the treatment of the SNK people. Not to mention how shitty they all looked. Even CvsSNK2 aint all that much.
a fair comparison would be snkvscap: chaos and CvsSNK1. they both were the first attentps and they both sucked.

TricksterPriest
That's a joke, right? Even with the problems it had, CvS was far superior to the broken ass garbage that was SVC. What the f**k? blink You're bashing CVS2? CVS2, one of the greatest fighting games of all time? And one of the least broken, buggy and most well balanced games around?

Remulous
Playmore as of now does not make sense altogether. Terry is slower in his Garou form because I would presume he is older(35)not to mention the fact he is chubbier. Though Playmore has Garou Terry with original Fatal Fury characters.. embarrasment

Correct me if I am wrong, but I dont think Capcom would never do anything like that. No Capcom wouldn't do that, (thank God), but they would make the same game over 10 times and sell it for a brand new price and leave their awesome storylines unfinished. SNK does job a hell of alot though and squander their ultra cool bosses, but then again what fighting game doesn't except SF? I haven't seen them job as of yet. FF and KOF has great stories (until PlayMore came to the scene). CvS and CVS 2 are better than Chaos but I still had problems with both. SNK and Capcom f**k up equally it's just in different places. I also agree about that hole Samurai Showdown in SVC Chaos thing. F**k Earthquake, give me Haomaru.(Genjuro and Shiki were excellent additions IMO)

Sado22
maybe you oughta get your brains checked, tp. i am not even saying what all your getting at here with some half@$$ed logic of yours.
I said both Capcom and SNK messed up their first tries at the big crossover. nothing more. nothing less.
as for CvsSNK2 i didn't bash it at all. i said it aint all that...meaning its good but not too good. needless to say, CvsSNK2 isn't too balanced as the scale between some characters is clearly evident. something like Marvel vs Capcom2...which was a great game but some characters were just a little too powerful for the others. in CvsSNK2 Gouki, Rugal and some of the higher tiers do tend to bend the balance of the game. appearance wise, capcom did a shitty job with most of the SNK characters. terry looks like shit, so does kyo and so does iori. that's 3 of the most popular guys of the series that don't look good at all. terry looks damn shabby, iori looks crap and kyo looks the worst ever. they even ruined mu-shiki and it looks not even half as cool as it does in KoF world. not to mention that they ruined the whole movement of Kyo's moves that made them look as cool as they did in KoFworld. Ryo looked like crap too and they took away the haohshikoken's priority. ryokorenbu was too short ranged. koken was crap and slow. also Ryo's speed is practically screwed over...something capcom did to make him look bad infront of Ryu...hmmm i don't know. i admire the changes made to Iori's supers but aside from that the SNK characters look crap and seemed toned down.
hence, CvsSNK2 aint too great a game.

Remulous
maybe you oughta get your brains checked, tp. i am not even saying what all your getting at here with some half@$$ed logic of yours.
I said both Capcom and SNK messed up their first tries at the big crossover. nothing more. nothing less.
as for CvsSNK2 i didn't bash it at all. i said it aint all that...meaning its good but not too good. needless to say, CvsSNK2 isn't too balanced as the scale between some characters is clearly evident. something like Marvel vs Capcom2...which was a great game but some characters were just a little too powerful for the others. in CvsSNK2 Gouki, Rugal and some of the higher tiers do tend to bend the balance of the game. appearance wise, capcom did a shitty job with most of the SNK characters. terry looks like shit, so does kyo and so does iori. that's 3 of the most popular guys of the series that don't look good at all. terry looks damn shabby, iori looks crap and kyo looks the worst ever. they even ruined mu-shiki and it looks not even half as cool as it does in KoF world. not to mention that they ruined the whole movement of Kyo's moves that made them look as cool as they did in KoFworld. Ryo looked like crap too and they took away the haohshikoken's priority. ryokorenbu was too short ranged. koken was crap and slow. also Ryo's speed is practically screwed over...something capcom did to make him look bad infront of Ryu...hmmm i don't know. i admire the changes made to Iori's supers but aside from that the SNK characters look crap and seemed toned down.

~The Invincible Sado-sama You are so wrong. Sad to admit but Most of the SNK characters look and play better in CVS 2 then they have in any other game.

You are a Capcom hater thumb down

Sado22
first i was blamed for "not respecting" ryu...and now thisroll eyes (sarcastic)
what bull.
my opinion...you gotta problem with that?
also SNK characters look like shit in Capcom games admit it. Most hardcore SNK fans would tell you the same. also they are toned down in many ways like i mentioned. you wanna prove a point why don't you offer a rebuttal instead of posting emo stuff like this. you sound like a guy who just found his wife cheating on him. get a life.

~Sado-sama

Remulous
first i was blamed for "not respecting" ryu...and now thisroll eyes (sarcastic)
what bull.
my opinion...you gotta problem with that?
also SNK characters look like shit in Capcom games admit it. Most hardcore SNK fans would tell you the same. also they are toned down in many ways like i mentioned. you wanna prove a point why don't you offer a rebuttal instead of posting emo stuff like this. you sound like a guy who just found his wife cheating on him. get a life.

~Sado-sama Admit you are a Capcom hater. It's not a bad thing...you just hate on Capcom. The SNK characters look bad ass. and any true fighting game fan will tell you the same. Capcom was watered down as well. Got no problems with your opinions but it looks as if you have a problem with mine.

Sado22
some how THIS:

tells me otherwise.
i don't have a problem with opinions at all. but i expect the same from others. Lots of hardcore SNK fans complain about the same thing...trust me when i tell you this. as for "toned down" i already gave an example with Ryo who in SNKverse is pretty fast and powerful and haohshikoken has priority. terry doesn't play the same either, and you can't chain combos as good as you can with him in SNKverse. Kyo's is watered down to shameful levels. infact in CvsSNK he didn't even have the dokugami. mu-shiki looks sad. very sad. its range is shamefully less and so is the damage if i remember correct. redkick lacks speed aswell. Orochinagi looks like crap too. Iori is probably still one of the best guys to take even in this game, and the unblockable thrid hit gives the move good priority. the changes to his powers is a good step in the right direction. gameplaywise Iori is really good, only his speed is the drawback.
appearance wise, i already went through it all. they all look shabby as hell.
there you go. i'm backing up what i'm saying as always. and you?

olympian
I've heard Kyo won by time limit against Terry. I guess that means he had him on the ropes. Sucks that SNK hates the idea of Terry being laid the f**k out. Yeah he can. & Iori'd scorch him to the marrow

Cmon. You`ve heard? You guess?

You can do better than that.

laughing I'm not trying to be insulting. Just logical. It's quite logical that if Terry needed a gang of help to take out O.Iori that Terry would lose to him in a 1on1 isn't it?

Only if O.Iori and regular Iori wer at the same level...nee?

Tha C-Master

~The Invincible Sado-sama SNK vs Capcom was a far worse games on all kinds of levels, I won't even get into that...

Capcom vs. SNK 2 isn't perfect, but it plays fast, looks good, and has good balance with good character selection and the free ratio system.

Sado22
quoted for the truth. that game was just wrong. if i had to choose between SvsC and CvsSNK i'd probably choose SvsC. this is what i was saying to tp in the first place: both companies had a bad first attempt.

like i said again, CvsSNK2 aint bad AT ALL. i like playing it and its one of the most revisisted games these days in my "videogame junkie" club. i play it in the arcades, and when i go to my friends' place. its great and fun...but like you said its not perfect. that is what i was saying too. good...not perfect. i just pointed out a few flaws that i noticed and i did feel that SNK characters weren't done justice too. i felt it, i said it.

Tha C-Master
Yea Capcom vs. SNK 2 had the advantage of a second go at it...

Remulous

i don't have a problem with opinions at all. but i expect the same from others. Lots of hardcore SNK fans complain about the same thing...trust me when i tell you this. as for "toned down" i already gave an example with Ryo who in SNKverse is pretty fast and powerful and haohshikoken has priority. Ryo has always been slower than most. His haohshikoken are still powerful and Capcom even gave him new moves and basically combined all the versions of Ryo into one. Why is it that in all games Ryu's Shinshoryuken is nearly or is an instant kill but in CVS2 it barely takes off as much as the Shinku Hadouken and is weaker than the Shinku Tatsumaki. Not only that but for some reason the Shakenetsu takes off just as much as the normal Hadouken, it's only difference is it knocks you down. Originally posted by Sado22
terry doesn't play the same either, and you can't chain combos as good as you can with him in SNKverse. That's your OPPINION. In fact I can chain combos even better and I can even invent new ones. Not to mention that in CVS2 Terry's moves execute faster than they ever would in KOF. Actually Terry is one of the fastest attackers in the game. He will never get that respect in KOF. Capcom also showed him respect unlike KOF, even though he wasn't the SNK star they didn't make him a no body, unlike KOF. Chun Li was another one that go drenched. She was missing her like 3 hypers and the hypers she did have got cut down. Not only that but her fighting style was indirect and she missed alot. Her over all damage dealing power was greatly reduced. Originally posted by Sado22
Kyo's is watered down to shameful levels. infact in CvsSNK he didn't even have the dokugami. mu-shiki looks sad. very sad. its range is shamefully less and so is the damage if i remember correct. redkick lacks speed aswell

.~The Invincible Sado-sama Once again, your oppinion,Kyo didn't have all his moves because it was a combination of 2 Kyos. Also, alot of Kyo's moves serve the same God damn purpose there's no need to have a bunch of moves if they all do the same . All of Kyo's moves do extreme damage in that game, even his normal attacks do insane amounts of damage, which is why I always pick him. Kyo was also faster and in the P Groove gave him instant or near instant kill combos. Shin Gouki was a huge disappointment, in that game he could be killed with 1 high attack and a throw, no amount of moves in the world can save you from that Suckatude. I always back up what I say when I am asked to do so, you can't even lie to yourself and say I don't.

Every one knows CVS2 is far from perfect!

Tha C-Master
Shin Gouki was a huge disappointment, in that game he could be killed with 1 high attack and a throw, no amount of moves in the world can save you from that Suckatude. Lol, they definitely gave it up to G. Rugal. I mastered Akuma though, but I've never seen something die so fast.

Don't get me started with Joe... erm

Remulous
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Lol, they definitely gave it up to G. Rugal. I mastered Akuma though, but I've never seen something die so fast. it's like Shin Gouki is a real killer but if you slip up, yo ass is grass. Storyline wise, great character, Gameplaywise, the wosrt version of Gouki I have ever seen

Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Don't get me started with Joe... erm If you ask me, in that game Joe was far from a joke character. IMO one of his best versions to me.

Tha C-Master
it's like Shin Gouki is a real killer but if you slip up, yo ass is grass. Storyline wise, great character, Gameplaywise, the wosrt version of Gouki I have ever seen

If you ask me, in that game Joe was far from a joke character. IMO one of his best versions to me. That's my point Joe is overpowered, he has good... everything.

Oh and I think CFE version of Sgouki was the worst... yuck...

Remulous
Yeah, Joe was over powered definetly, it's to easy to win with him.

The CFE Gouki did suck and he was missing many moves. Then again, so was every one else.

Tha C-Master
Probably why the game was a hit... Joe had good defense, double projecties, everything...

Remulous
Yeah, and although Dan wasn't that good, in that game he was suprisingly useful and in SVC, he was 1 of the best characters. Strange how Capcom made Joe good and SNK made Dan good.

Tha C-Master
A break from the norm...

brainchild81
Originally posted by olympian
Cmon. You`ve heard? You guess?

You can do better than that.laughing That's an awesome way to waste post space you got there mane.

Only if O.Iori and regular Iori wer at the same level...nee? Maybe you're not paying attention. I'm talking about O.Iori. I'm having a really hard time getting PG to admit that logic points to O.Iori beating the s**t outta Terry. He acts as if admitting Terry(whom he likes) losing to any version of Iori(who he has said he hated) will bring about the Apocalypse or something. Going by your post, are you saying that O.Iori would beat Terry up?

P-Geyser
Originally posted by brainchild81 Maybe you're not paying attention. I'm talking about O.Iori. I'm having a really hard time getting PG to admit that logic points to O.Iori beating the s**t outta Terry. He acts as if admitting Terry(whom he likes) losing to any version of Iori(who he has said he hated) will bring about the Apocalypse or something. Going by your post, are you saying that O.Iori would beat Terry up?

I see you LOVE mentioning me. Yes I stated I dont care for Iori(whom you like)....the same way it can be said with you and Terry. All I hear from you is, Terry beats only jobbers...yeah that's just as bad. You obviously seem to have a problem with me thinking Terry beats Iori. I said in my opinion Terry stalemates with O Iori. Yeah it took other fighters to subdue him...though you somehow make it seem that Terry will get KILLED in the likes of Billy and Eiji and as I stated that ain't happening.

P-Geyser
By the way, why are you bringing this sh!t up in here?

Sado22
^^
isn't it obvious that Brainy has fallen for you but isn't admitting itsmile

P.S. i'd RUN if i were you by the way! you know you don't have a chance against "Orochi lover boy"sad

brainchild81
Not coolOriginally posted by P-Geyser
By the way, why are you bringing this sh!t up in here? Good point. It belongs here. Iori/Terry

Sado22
come on....you know that was funnysmile

brainchild81
quoted for the truth. that game was just wrong. if i had to choose between SvsC and CvsSNK i'd probably choose SvsC. this is what i was saying to tp in the first place: both companies had a bad first attempt.
I think you missed what he said. What he said is true, but he's not agreeing w/youOriginally posted by TricksterPriest
That's a joke, right? Even with the problems it had, CvS was far superior to the broken ass garbage that was SVC. What the f**k? blink Ditto. V.Ken was the only cool thing about SVC. They had a OK lineup, but they fu*ked it up. Genjuro is awesome. No Rock? LAME!!!! & F**k serious MR. Karate. God Rugal would slaughter him

Sado22
and i was refering to his comment regarding CvsSNK. also he later comments on how capcom had the advantage of "second try".
Also ignore my comments regarding you and P-Geyser. i was only kidding.
twisted sense of humor i guess......haven't had breakfast and couldn't sleep the whole night due to traffic next my housesad

~The Tired and Sleepy Sado-sama

Cloud_VII
Ryu and Kyo should do the fusion technique and become Ryukyo.

Sado22
what if they become something like Gill...halfKyo and the otherhalf is Ryu. IMO they'd probably wind up fighting and biting each other since Kyo doesn't strike me as the most "adaptable" of people.

Cloud_VII
Only queers do the fusion technique.

Sado22
Quee-ryu Wuss-anagi would be a nice name instead of Ryukyo, don't you think? big grin

oh coming from a Final Fantasy fan... roll eyes (sarcastic)
need i remind you about Kadaj, Kazuya-wanna-be and the other silverhaired f@g who combine to become a bigger silver haired f@g
that was some messed up stuff right there.

~The Disgusted Sado-sama
P.S. if that guy ever meets Kazuya, he'd get mauled for trying to copy his hairstyle.

Cloud_VII
big grin

Kadaj didn't need Yazoo and Loz to become Sephiroth. He only needed Jenova's remains.

What you said before about Kazuya b*tch-slapping Yazoo for copying his hairstyle was funny as sh*t. I was laughing for a good 15 minutes after that.

Sado22
laughing yeah i remember that. lol.

Darkstorm Zero
Kyo doesn't strike me as the most "adaptable" of people.

I dunno why, but this line just sounded very, VERY wrong and ill... sick

olympian
laughing That's an awesome way to waste post space you got there mane.

I have to get my post counting going up somehow.

:Maybe you're not paying attention. I'm talking about O.Iori. I'm having a really hard time getting PG to admit that logic points to O.Iori beating the s**t outta Terry. He acts as if admitting Terry(whom he likes) losing to any version of Iori(who he has said he hated) will bring about the Apocalypse or something. Going by your post, are you saying that O.Iori would beat Terry up?

I am paying attention. You claimed that because O.Iori was going against a group of figthers including Terry, that it surely meant that 1 on 1 Terry its definatly going to lose. Wich is a wrong logic.

As for what i think, even regular Iori CAN take Terry 1 on 1. I dont see many people actually disagreeing with that. Its the "majority" or "owning" sides of the competition that most dont ever agree.

Cloud_VII
FU-SION-HA!

brainchild81
I have to get my post counting going up somehow.laughing

I am paying attention.smileObviously not enough. You brought up reg Iori when me & PG were talking about O.Iori.

You claimed that because O.Iori was going against a group of figthers including Terry, that it surely meant that 1 on 1 Terry its definatly going to lose. Wich is a wrong logic. Nah. That fight shows that Terry needed help to put O.Iori down. The odds are against him or anybody in that group doing it himself.
As for what i think, even regular Iori CAN take Terry 1 on 1. I dont see many people actually disagreeing with that. Its the "majority" or "owning" sides of the competition that most dont ever agree. If Reg Iori can take him. O.Iori should beat the piss out of him

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.