Every emotion not matter how little, always becomes something huge?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BlackC@
I know people that say "So what if I'm scared? It doesn't matter!"

But isn't every emotion a pathway to deeper and darker feelings?

Example:

Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering...

Bardock42
Originally posted by BlackC@

Example:

Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering...

No, though I like Star Wars I don't think that a reasonable fear will lead to "dark feelings" or to harm.

If I am scared of jumping down a 30 metre bridge that is a most reasonable fear and I would say that someone that isn't afraid of it might very well head into way more suffering than me.

jaden101
Originally posted by Bardock42
No, though I like Star Wars I don't think that a reasonable fear will lead to "dark feelings" or to harm.

If I am scared of jumping down a 30 metre bridge that is a most reasonable fear and I would say that someone that isn't afraid of it might very well head into way more suffering than me.

laughing

its the only logical explanation Jim

BlackC@
You feel fear, that leads to something.

Symmetric Chaos

Everything leads to something . . .

All things contain chaos, your actions reorder it . But at the same time the rest of the universe move to disrupt you. Emotion is at the same time potentially explosive and without any chance of consequence.

Storm
We can take control over our emotions.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Storm
We can take control over our emotions.

The trick is; we are always in control of our emotions. It is the dilution that other people make us... angry, fearful, and loving or whatever that makes us disconnected from how we feel. If we take responsibility for how we choose to feel, we then can change how we feel.

Atlantis001

Lord Urizen
Storm and Shaky, I disagree with you both...you cannot control your emotions, you can only condition your responses....

You can only learn how to think differently, and handle your emotions, learn to see past your emotions....

But you cannot control them. You can't choose how to feel. You can only choose to regard or disregard an emotion as valid / beneficial / worth enduring.

Shakyamunison

Affinity

Nothing lasts forever, yet ironically, nothing ever extinguishes.

So, If it can exist but cannot unexist, it must change. Therefore, one thing inevitably must lead to another.

Storm
It' s time to clarify my earlier post.

The one thing you can take charge of is your own behaviour. You can only control your reactions to your emotions. Our reactions to other people are often determined by the way we feel and the kind of day we' ve had, rather than by what people actually do.

You cannot control your life so that you can prevent yourself from getting, say, angry. You can only choose how to respond to that anger, and you can use techniques which can help you control your thoughts, lessen the anger. You can either remove yourself from the situation, take a few deep breaths, think of something relaxing, focus on something positive, etc. or you can give in to your anger and respond aggressively.

You can' t get rid of, or avoid the things or the people that for example enrage you, nor can you change them, but you can learn to control your reactions.

By Crom!
It' s time to clarify my earlier post.

The one thing you can take charge of is your own behaviour. You can only control your reactions to your emotions. Our reactions to other people are often determined by the way we feel and the kind of day we' ve had, rather than by what people actually do.

You cannot control your life so that you can prevent yourself from getting, say, angry. You can only choose how to respond to that anger, and you can use techniques which can help you control your thoughts, lessen the anger. You can either remove yourself from the situation, take a few deep breaths, think of something relaxing, focus on something positive, etc. or you can give in to your anger and respond aggressively.

You can' t get rid of, or avoid the things or the people that for example enrage you, nor can you change them, but you can learn to control your reactions.

You can also become ambivalent to the things that you cannot control and realise that what will be will be, because "That's life".

smile

Lord Urizen

I think that's what you actually meant in your initial post. With this I agree. smile

True, you have the power to deal with your emotions in any way you choose to do so. But emotions, themselves, are not a choice.

True, you can also question and challenge your emotions....

Lord Urizen

Shakyamunison

Lord Urizen
Shaky, it seems you ignore external factors.

I do not have control over my life. Neither do you. You may have control over yourself, but not your life.

Is Hurricane Katrina my doing ? Did I somehow cause it ? Did the black people who live there somehow bring the hurricane to thier midst ?

I AM NOT responsible for what another person does to me. I have no power over another person, only over myself. If a person attacks me, or my mother, he or she is an external factor, who I have no control over or responsbility for.

Nothing I did, could do, or done, is responsible for this person being at this place and at this time.

If a man or woman breaks my jaw, or hurts my loved ones, he or she is responsible for this event, NOT me or my loved one.

Shakyamunison

Lord Urizen

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
You got in that car because:

You had to go to work

You had to buy groceries

Your freind wanted a visit

Your mother was sick

etc.

There are external factors that determine what happens to us, and all we can do is respond.

I agree that we are all connected, but I have no power over another person, the way another person has no power over me. (Only If I allow them that power, or vise versa)

However, I am not independent of external forces. Without external forces, I cannot act, because there will nothing to respond to.

Karma is a tricky concept, because sometimes horrid things happen to wondorful people, and wondorful things happen to horrid people.

Life is not fair, is the simple answer to the karma question.

I agree, you have external factors, but you choose to respond to those factors. You always have a choice. The cost maybe too high for you to pay, but that again is a choice that you make.

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Life is not fair, is the simple answer to the karma question.

I agree, you have external factors, but you choose to respond to those factors. You always have a choice. The cost maybe too high for you to pay, but that again is a choice that you make.

Speaking of choosing to step into and out of the Ten Worlds, I just realized something Shaky...

I was in the Ninth World at one point in my life...after I escaped the realm of Hell (my personal Hell), I was in a point at Bodhisattva

Don't ask me how I know, I just DO

It was better than Heaven, the 6th world.....It was the beginning of my senior year of High School, I was at a level of mentality where I realized that all people who aim to hurt me are lost, and that I should look above that.

I loved myself, was absolutely happy with who I was, what I do, and realized that I do not need the constant approval of people to keep me content. I was myself, i was happy with that, and that's all that mattered.

On top of that, I thought to care more for others. The happiness and guidance of others mattered more to me.

I felt more mature at this point than at any other point in my life, I was at such peace with myself and with my world...

I felt i had nothing to complain about, and all I wanted was for people to reach the kind of peace I accomplished....

But then I fell in Love....

I felt Heaven so intense, I did not want to leave it.

Only to have my heart broken, and experience Hell and Hunger for two years....that sense of Heaven was SO addicting, I refused to let it go...

I kept trying to contact the guy I fell for, demanded an answer as to why he had betrayed and abandoned me...why he had denied me in front of his freinds and family...why he lied to me....

He never answered, he cut me out of his life as if i never existed, and i felt Hell for two years....

I think I have been trapped in the 6 lower worlds ever since...

It's painful, but objectively, I find it absolutely amazing that a Broken Heart can destroy your world....

Shakyamunison

Lord Urizen

Shakyamunison

Lord Urizen
This seems really interesting, but almost too good to be true. I will try it out, however, this chant intrigues me, and it doesn't hurt to dedicate 15 minutes or so to a relaxing chant.

I'm always open to new things droolio

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
This seems really interesting, but almost too good to be true. I will try it out, however, this chant intrigues me, and it doesn't hurt to dedicate 15 minutes or so to a relaxing chant.

I'm always open to new things droolio

thumb up PM me if it works for you.

Lord Urizen
thumb up PM me if it works for you.

I WILL droolio

debbiejo

Example:

Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering... Dwelling on any emotion will intensify it. Dwelling on fear makes one more fearful. Dwelling on joy makes you feel more joyful. Good thing we are in charge of those little buggers.. ..And of course emotions lead to actions...Hate leads to acts of hatred and violence just as joy and love lead to eek!

thumb up PM me if it works for you. roll eyes (sarcastic) Ch-----g S--m

LOL

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by debbiejo
Dwelling on any emotion will intensify it. Dwelling on fear makes one more fearful. Dwelling on joy makes you feel more joyful. Good thing we are in charge of those little buggers.. ..And of course emotions lead to actions...Hate leads to acts of hatred and violence just as joy and love lead to eek!

roll eyes (sarcastic) Ch-----g S--m

LOL

stick out tongue I was going to praise you for your above post, but then you had to edit. roll eyes (sarcastic)

debbiejo
laughing out loud Sorry, couldn't help myself.........sorry........ embarrasment

Shakyamunison
laughing out loud Sorry, couldn't help myself.........sorry........ embarrasment

And I was going to say really good things about you, but not now. laughing

debbiejo
Like what??? miffed

Lol

Shakyamunison
Like what??? miffed

Lol

I can't tell you, it would be off topic my now. stick out tongue

debbiejo
You crappy person.......bangin

J/k

Shakyamunison
You crappy person.......bangin

J/k

offtopicbanned

Lord Urizen
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

debbiejo
laughing out loud

Lord Urizen
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.