Sersi vs. X-Men

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rutog98
Sersi

vs.

Cyclops
Emma
Kitty
Wolverine
Beast

guy222
Originally posted by Rutog98
Sersi

vs.

Cyclops
Emma
Kitty
Wolverine
Beast

xmen in a stomp logan guts her

celestialdemon
Originally posted by guy222

confused1

Sersi is Eternal, meaning she has control over her molecules. Gutting her does nothing.

The only ones who would pose a serious threat are Cyclops and Emma. I would still give this to Sersi 7/10, and that's being generous to the X-Men.

DarkCrawler
Sersi.

boriquaking55

Sersi would pimpslap the shit out of that X-men roster big grin

guy222
Originally posted by celestialdemon
confused1

Sersi is Eternal, meaning she has control over her molecules. Gutting her does nothing.

The only ones who would pose a serious threat are Cyclops and Emma. I would still give this to Sersi 7/10, and that's being generous to the X-Men.

she is an eternal

i think we all agree who created them

boriquaking55
she is an eternal

i think we all agree who created them

Yes - but back on topic

Wolverine & Beast would be utterly useless in this battle. Cyclops and Kitty are realistically just annoyances.

I think Emma would be the toughest of the group, but she can't hang with what it arguably the most powerful female on Earth for long.

Rutog98
Vision has rendered Sersi unconscious by phasing his hand into her and solidifying it. Kitty can probably do the same with a rock.

Emma will definately keep Sersi busy telepathically.

guy222
Originally posted by boriquaking55
Yes - but back on topic

Wolverine & Beast would be utterly useless in this battle. Cyclops and Kitty are realistically just annoyances.

I think Emma would be the toughest of the group, but she can't hang with what it arguably the most powerful female on Earth for long.

sounds fair still taking xmen for 6/10

boriquaking55
Vision has rendered Sersi unconscious by phasing his hand into her and solidifying it. Kitty can probably do the same with a rock.

Emma will definately keep Sersi busy telepathically.

If you go check out some of the feats in the Sersi respect thread, she has some amazing TP feats - at least for an eternal.

That vision feat sounds like major PIS. Sersi has been molecularly vaporized (Blastaar did it) and completely reformed unharmed seconds later.

Rutog98
If you go check out some of the feats in the Sersi respect thread, she has some amazing TP feats - at least for an eternal.

That vision feat sounds like major PIS. Sersi has been molecularly vaporized (Blastaar did it) and completely reformed unharmed seconds later.

I read that arc. I may have to dig it out as I have not read anything with Sersi in years since she has not been an Avenger for a long time. I don't recall it happening that way. Blastaar destroyed all the Eternals and they reformed themselves in such a way that his power could not longer harm them when they got the frequency or something of it. Anyway, Vision did this with phasing, not energy like Blastaar. Apples and oranges. I don't recall it being seconds later either. It took a while for the Eternals.

Honestly, you are going to have to prove that Sersi is a more powerful telepath than Emma. The White Queen is a powerful telepath in the X-world and those telepaths far outdo the others. Even if you can prove that Sersi is a stronger telepath (which I hightly doubt), its not going to be by much. In other words, her battling Emma will take most if not all of her concentration if a psi-war is raged. She will not be able to bring her other powers to bear as she won't have any concentration to spare to do so.

boriquaking55
I read that arc. I may have to dig it out as I have not read anything with Sersi in years since she has not been an Avenger for a long time. I don't recall it happening that way. Blastaar destroyed all the Eternals and they reformed themselves in such a way that his power could not longer harm them when they got the frequency or something of it. Anyway, Vision did this with phasing, not energy like Blastaar. Apples and oranges. I don't recall it being seconds later either. It took a while for the Eternals.

Honestly, you are going to have to prove that Sersi is a more powerful telepath than Emma. The White Queen is a powerful telepath in the X-world and those telepaths far outdo the others. Even if you can prove that Sersi is a stronger telepath (which I hightly doubt), its not going to be by much. In other words, her battling Emma will take most if not all of her concentration if a psi-war is raged. She will not be able to bring her other powers to bear as she won't have any concentration to spare to do so.

The respect thread has scans of her stalemating Exodus - but I'm not sure how he compares to Emma.

Emma's not really one of the most powerful mutant telepaths anyways.

celestialdemon
The respect thread has scans of her stalemating Exodus - but I'm not sure how he compares to Emma.

Emma's telepathy is nothing compared to Exodus'. And Sersi was able to hang with him. That's pretty impressive on her part.

Rutog98

Its been stated about Emma numerous times in continuity that she is one of the most powerful telepaths on the planet. This is a lady who can mind control an entire city. Can Sersi do that?

boriquaking55
Emma's telepathy is nothing compared to Exodus'. And Sersi was able to hang with him. That's pretty impressive on her part.

That's what I was thinking also. If Sersi could stalemate Exodus - he should be able to kill Emma.

Kitty phasing and actually causing real damage to Sersi (the most powerful matter manipulator out there) is PIS - period.

Rutog98

I disagree. Emma is a stronger telepath than Exodus. Exodus has scary TK. That's what makes him so dangerous.

Rutog98
Well, I'm starting to agree with you guys. If Kitty can't hurt Sersi, Emma by herself can't defeat all of those Eternal powers. I'm going to create a new thread.

celestialdemon
I disagree. Emma is a stronger telepath than Exodus. Exodus has scary TK. That's what makes him so dangerous.

Not necessarily. He was able to telepathically keep Jean, Quicksilver, and Wanda frozen in place while motivating the mutates on Genosha to start killing people. While he was doing that, he still withstood a direct psychic assault from Xavier.

guy222
Well, I'm starting to agree with you guys. If Kitty can't hurt Sersi, Emma by herself can't defeat all of those Eternal powers. I'm going to create a new thread.

alright

i will respond to it

the Darkone
This team gets stomp into oblivion, Sersi will turn the whole team into corn field, my god the ignorance. Emma is not even in Exodus league in mental powers, and Exodus stalemated Sersi the most powerful being on the planet. Exodus kicked Wanda, Jean, Xavier and the Avengers and Xmen a$$ at the same time, Sersi rapes this team a new a$$hole.

Sersi 100/100

boriquaking55
perhaps a stronger x-men roster could do it - Sersi vs. X-men could still be interesting

*awaits teh inevitable Storm team*

Rutog98
alright

i will respond to it

Cool. Its the "Sersi vs. Inner Circle" thread that I created. Its a better team than this one.

Rutog98
Not necessarily. He was able to telepathically keep Jean, Quicksilver, and Wanda frozen in place while motivating the mutates on Genosha to start killing people. While he was doing that, he still withstood a direct psychic assault from Xavier.

That was PIS. The issue stated that Xavier was the most powerful telepath on the planet. The whole issue was PIS. Exodus was not given enough power to be able to stand up against that character lineup. Strategic powerful characters were written down in that arc. Its no different from Magneto taking on the entire X-Men team when you have members on the team who are strong enough to challenge him one-on-one and overpower him. PIS of the highest order.

Cosmic Flame
X-Men lose this. None of them have anything that to combat her TK, flight or speed. All she has to do is grab them all with her TK, fly them to space and leave them there. She can also turn off access to their powers. That's the problem with high level TPs fight mutants...Or she could turn them all into turtles...

celestialdemon
That was PIS. The issue stated that Xavier was the most powerful telepath on the planet. The whole issue was PIS. Exodus was not given enough power to be able to stand up against that character lineup. Strategic powerful characters were written down in that arc. Its no different from Magneto taking on the entire X-Men team when you have members on the team who are strong enough to challenge him one-on-one and overpower him. PIS of the highest order.

Xavier has always been regarded as the most powerful telepath on the planet. That moniker will never go away even when more powerful people appear (Nate Grey, Legion). It's not PIS. Exodus is just that powerful. That's why Fabien Cortez and even Magneto (in AoA) were afraid of his powers.

Magneto has regularly owned the X-Men. It's not PIS if it always happens. PIS is Kazaar defeating Thanos.

Rutog98
Xavier has always been regarded as the most powerful telepath on the planet. That moniker will never go away even when more powerful people appear (Nate Grey, Legion). It's not PIS. Exodus is just that powerful. That's why Fabien Cortez and even Magneto (in AoA) were afraid of his powers.

Magneto has regularly owned the X-Men. It's not PIS if it always happens. PIS is Kazaar defeating Thanos.

Its PIS with Magneto because characters like Storm are never given their full range of power and are consistently written weaker in Magneto arcs while they display power levels higher than Magneto in other stories where he is not involved.

Magneto even killed Apacolypse in AOA. There was no way he could do this given Poccy's powers. How can he tear Poccy apart when the guy can absorb and rechannel energy directed against him via Bishop and he has control over his body at the atomic level? Total PIS.

MAgneto has gained a reputation for this. Whenever he goes up against characters or odds that are beyond him, they are always written down. This was really the case in the 90s.

If Exodus were really that powerful, why didn't Sersi use her transmutation power against him? Why was that power forgotten in that fight? Why weren't Storm's powers more powerful? She displayed much higher power levels than she did in that issue. Heck, in an Averger story after this arc, War MAchine was scolded for allowing Exodus' words to get to him prior to their battle. IIRC, it was stated that War Machine probably should have been able to take Exodus by himself had he kept it together mentally and spiritually. This Exodus thing was craptastic. An entertaining plot, but horrible showing for some of the heroes.

celestialdemon
Its PIS with Magneto because characters like Storm are never given their full range of power and are consistently written weaker in Magneto arcs while they display power levels higher than Magneto in other stories where he is not involved.

Magneto even killed Apacolypse in AOA. There was no way he could do this given Poccy's powers. How can he tear Poccy apart when the guy can absorb and rechannel energy directed against him via Bishop and he has control over his body at the atomic level? Total PIS.

MAgneto has gained a reputation for this. Whenever he goes up against characters or odds that are beyond him, they are always written down. This was really the case in the 90s.

You're talking about Magneto's battles being PIS when he has years of support for how powerful he's been. Yet, you are inflating Storm's power level, claiming she can beat people she normally wouldn't have a chance against? Seems a little biased to me.

However, I will agree that Magneto tearing Apocalypse apart is PIS. Could Magneto beat Apocalypse? I think so, but not like that.

If Exodus were really that powerful, why didn't Sersi use her transmutation power against him? Why was that power forgotten in that fight? Why weren't Storm's powers more powerful? She displayed much higher power levels than she did in that issue. Heck, in an Averger story after this arc, War MAchine was scolded for allowing Exodus' words to get to him prior to their battle. IIRC, it was stated that War Machine probably should have been able to take Exodus by himself had he kept it together mentally and spiritually. This Exodus thing was craptastic. An entertaining plot, but horrible showing for some of the heroes.

I don't believe Sersi ever tried her transmutation power against him. She attacked him once, he got up and used his psychic power against her. She was shocked by his power, but from then on she fought him psychically. Had she used her other powers, she probably would have beat him. But she chose not to. Since she was holding her own against him, that proves how powerful a psychic she is and how Emma couldn't take her.

War Machine couldn't beat Exodus. He hit Exodus several times, and it did nothing to him. Rodney was scolded for letting Exodus get under his skin. That's it. He couldn't have beaten Exodus.

Cosmic Flame
Magneto doesn't use all of his powers in battle either: no one does. That doesn't really make much of a difference. Magneto is certainly one of the most powerful mutants in existence: that's never been in dispute. PIS happens to every character. His showings over the years, however have been fairly consistent in that the X-Men can usually thwart his plans, but never truly defeat him.

boriquaking55
Originally posted by Cosmic Flame
Magneto doesn't use all of his powers in battle either: no one does. That doesn't really make much of a difference. Magneto is certainly one of the most powerful mutants in existence: that's never been in dispute. PIS happens to every character. His showings over the years, however have been fairly consistent in that the X-Men can usually thwart his plans, but never truly defeat him.

Magneto is an amazingly powerful character - and that's considering he's only an alpha-level mutant.

His control of his abilities and experience with his power allows him to take on herald-level beings and hold his own. Most alphas would get crushed. Gotta give him his props.

Edit: I know, I know I mentioned Alpha level blah blah blah.....people hate that so I expect to get flamed

Soljer
Sersi.

All that needs to be said.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.