"Empire" Yoda vS "Empire" Vader

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
Who'd win..

xxXAcStylesXxx
Vader, Yoda was half dead.

Mic Assassin
Well he was damn old in the PT too, yet he was still able to fight without his age being an issue, and he's only grown stronger with the force since the PT. I'd say Yoda pwns him.

darthsith19
Lets see... according to Lucas, ANH Obi-[Wan > ANH Yoda and ANH Obi-Wan = ANH Vader. I'd assume Yoda would even be a little weaker in ESB than he would be at the time of ANH, and Vader'd be a tiny bit stronger. So Vader takes this, probably with a little trouble.

Mizukage Yoda
When the hell did Lucas say Obi > yoda. Dude did you not see in ESB when Yoda lifted an X-wing fighter Out of the swamp with ONE HAND. and even if yoda is half dead Yoda could prob take four vaders at once in ROTS

darthsith19
Originally posted by Mizukage Yoda
When the hell did Lucas say Obi > yoda. Dude did you not see in ESB when Yoda lifted an X-wing fighter Out of the swamp with ONE HAND. and even if yoda is half dead Yoda could prob take four vaders at once in ROTS
OMG, I'm assuming your kidding, one Yoda (ROTS) couldn't even take on two Vaders and win. Wow, he lifted an X-Wing with one hand, big deal, I'm sure no other PT jedi could do that! roll eyes (sarcastic) And Lucas states that ANH Kenobi > ANH Yoda in the ANH Auduo Commentary (during the Vader vs. Kenobi fight he says "At this time Kenobi is the strongest good guy." or something like that.

Mizukage Yoda
Originally posted by darthsith19
OMG, I'm assuming your kidding, one Yoda (ROTS) couldn't even take on two Vaders and win. Wow, he lifted an X-Wing with one hand, big deal, I'm sure no other PT jedi could do that! roll eyes (sarcastic) And Lucas states that ANH Kenobi > ANH Yoda in the ANH Auduo Commentary (during the Vader vs. Kenobi fight he says "At this time Kenobi is the strongest good guy." or something like that.

well duh Yoda isn't even as much as mentioned in ANH and as far as I'm concerned Sidious=Yoda>Mace,Agen,Tinn,and Fisto> four Vaders

Darth_Glentract

So ANH Obi-wan is stronger than a character that isn't even in movie. Woohoo.

Lee-San28
yoda craps on him

Blaxican
Vader force chokes him to death roll eyes (sarcastic)

Yoda doesn't even have his lightsaber...

Gideon
In the Force? Yoda'd still probably take him without being pushed to his absolute limit. But in an all out fight? Vader's got the edge.

Kadesh
And? Vader by the OT has alot of force powers in his arsenal, crush, grip Etc you name it, and what does yoda have? TK, push, pull? They dont do much effect unless there are spikes you can push your opponent too.

Rampant ox
Was it not stated somewhere that Yoda had a defence for every dark side technique. I feel this gives him a significant advantage in a force fight. There is also the fact that Vader has never used crush in a duel.

But then again Yoda is lightsaberless. I feel he will lose because of this.

Kadesh
So? exar has never used amulet blasts in a battle and yet we debate that he does in SWV, its part of his arsenal as it is part of vaders

By the way, By TESB if yoda did know every technique for dark side techniques, why didnt he face the emperor? Neither of them had lightsabers for your information

By the way rampant, i can prove to you vader can use the force to deflect bolts. Read shadows of the empire novel it states right there in the first few chapters that the force allows him to block bolts

Rampant ox
Firstly, Vader has used Crush a grand total of once. I cant be bothered getting into another debate about this, but I dont feel it is sufficient proof enough that he can go around pwning anybody with the technique. If he could why didnt he use it on Sidious who we know he was planning to overthrow? According to you it is unblockable so Vader could have (according to your logic) defeated his master whenever he wanted. But thats just my views on the matter, im sure yours differ.

Secondly, Yoda was a crazy hermit who was stuck on Dagobah. Sidious was a powerful Sith Lord who had access to Holocrons from which he was certain to study from and the Galactic Army at his command. Yoda wouldnt have been able to get anywhere near Sidious before being captured or shot (or both). Also I would presume that Sidious still had his saber, despite the fact we didnt see it (but feel free to prove me wrong on this). Finally, how the f*ck would Yoda know if if Sidous had his saber or not?

Thirdly, I dont care if Vader can block laser bolts. Blocking laser bolts and blocking force lightning are two different things. (Yes I do know that you brought this point up to debate force lightning - yet this all I have to say on the matter).

Kadesh
Originally posted by Rampant ox
Firstly, Vader has used Crush a grand total of once. I cant be bothered getting into another debate about this, but I dont feel it is sufficient proof enough that he can go around pwning anybody with the technique. If he could why didnt he use it on Sidious who we know he was planning to overthrow? According to you it is unblockable so Vader could have (according to your logic) defeated his master whenever he wanted. But thats just my views on the matter, im sure yours differ. You really downplay Vader alot, just for your information vader executed crush in EAW several times in cut scenes And it ravaged an entire tank the size of an at-at in 4 seconds. Why couldnt he do it on sidious? Because simply sidious is stronger and actually has a defence to the technique? FOC proved he studied the ancient jedi and sith holocrons, and he had the entire jedi archives to himself, . Just to let you know he shook down a 20 story building as well there.This however may not suit work because yoda is just as powerful as sidious so ill concede

Secondly, Yoda was a crazy hermit who was stuck on Dagobah. Sidious was a powerful Sith Lord who had access to Holocrons from which he was certain to study from and the Galactic Army at his command. Yoda wouldnt have been able to get anywhere near Sidious before being captured or shot (or both). Also I would presume that Sidious still had his saber, despite the fact we didnt see it (but feel free to prove me wrong on this). Finally, how the f*ck would Yoda know if if Sidous had his saber or not? No, i was referring before he fled to dagobah, sry i didnt specify earlier, By the way, sidious didnt need his lightsaber after ROTS, vader does the dirty work of doing so, and in empire comics he relies solely on the force to kill his enemies. Also if yoda could block any attack, he surely can block bolts because AOW proved this. He can kill humans quickly by slamming them on the wall, he could have gone back to fight sidious but he knew he had no chance even had he killed the guards in the senate.

Thirdly, I dont care if Vader can block laser bolts. Blocking laser bolts and blocking force lightning are two different things. (Yes I do know that you brought this point up to debate force lightning - yet this all I have to say on the matter). Nothing to argue, was just proving that vader knows how to block bolts with the force because many people believe he cant

darthsith19
Lucas says Kenobi's is the strongest good guy AT THE TIME of ANH, not the strongest IN ANH. Yoda is a good guy and he was a good guy during the time of ANH so he counts. ROTS made Kit, Agen and Saesee look terribly, and them 3 plus Mace couldn't beat 4 Vader's. By the time Mace ebats the Vader he takes out the otehr three Vaders will have kileld the otehr Jedi and they the 3 Vader's together'd beat Mace pretty easily.

Vera21
In regards to Yoda knowing everything against the Dark Side, even if he does know the defenses, that doesn't mean he's powerful enough to use them against the Emperor.

Tangible God
God this place is strange sometimes. A thread about Vader and Yoda flies off on a tangent to talk about Mace, Palpatine, and the three masters he pwned.

Still though, I'm doubtful that an aging, year-from-death-by-old-age Yoda, who's spent the last 22 years out of practise, and without a lightsaber, is gonna defeat a Dark Lord of the Sith, who's incased in armour, well developed in the Dark Side, physical strength and saber technique.

Yeah, Yoda lifted an X-wing with one hand in 20 seconds. Vader's never gonna compete with the likes of such uberness.

jollyjim311
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=5546745

Vader.

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by jollyjim311
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=5546745

Vader.

eek!

LORDSIDIOUS01
Since Yoda died during The Empire Strikes Back. Frankly I don't see how "empire" Yoda will defeat "empire" Vader.

kamikz
...... Yoda died in ROTJ.......

Kadesh
Yoda will simply die because empire yoda is simply too childish, he would think vader is a statue and beat him with his stick.

Jack Daniels
yoda trained luke in no time to be a match for vaderdarthdaddy
I say yoda

LORDSIDIOUS01
Still I do not see this happening.

Tangible God
Thank you for the valuable input.

Darth Subjekt
Luke has something that Yoda doesn't...an able body. Vader takes this.

Captain REX
Wow, he lifted an X-Wing with one hand, big deal, I'm sure no other PT jedi could do that! roll eyes (sarcastic)

This line makes me sad.

*bludgeons EU forum to death*

Count Makashi
Vader takes this, by the time of ESB Yoda has weakened a lot, old age has caught up with him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.