Would Ben have evolved?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules
Had he lived, would he have evolved like Pete did? After all he was the perfect clone of Pete

H. S. 6
Maybe he already has.

After all, Peter's death is what spurred his evolution. When Ben died, who knows? Perhaps he developed a body like Peter did.

It's entirely plausible, I think.

steverules
Didn't ben turn into dust?

H. S. 6
Originally posted by steverules
Didn't ben turn into dust?

In a matter of speaking, but there's nothing to say that he wouldn't be able to grow a new body, inside a cocoon like Peter's.

Dan-El
To my dismay, they'll never bring back Ben Reilly

steverules
I actualy liked Ben more than Peter, I know you may or may not hate me for that but I did and I still do. I would actualy like to see him come back evolved.

doctorstrongbad
I actualy liked Ben more than Peter, I know you may or may not hate me for that but I did and I still do. I would actualy like to see him come back evolved.

I like ben, but I don't like how they tried to make him the "real" spidey and Peter the cone. That was such garbage. ugh

I like the idea that he could come back evolved. I have seen crazy things in comics.

Dan-El
I like 'em both equally. I liked the whole brothers working together concept. It gave Pete that sense of family that he'd been lacking.

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by Dan-El
I like 'em both equally. I liked the whole brothers working together concept. It gave Pete that sense of family that he'd been lacking.

Yeah that is true, but they went way to far. Peter is not the real Spidey, even though we have know the guy for thirty years. I mean wtf, that was like a slap in the face. It ruined Ben's street cred and thats when I really started to dislike the character.

steverules
I think the new ultimate clone saga is better cause it's not done that, we know Pete's the original in this and that's pretty good, I liked the Ultimate clone saga alot

Spideys Sister
The only thing I know about Ben Reilly is that he had a kid he didn't tell anyone about. The side effect for the kid was when he hit his teens he started to do a Kaine and decompose.

NoFate007
Maybe with the new things they're trying to do in the series, they actually will bring Ben back. What if they, instead, bring him back as the opposite of Peter's transformation? That might be cool.

steverules
i would love too see Ben return

Spideys Sister
Who the hell wouldn't. He's F***ing awsome.

Entity
Hey I was one of the few people I know that actually loved the idea of Ben. Don't get me wrong I loved Peter too just like the idea of Scarlet Spider having to deal with all of Peter's crap and know that he is really just a copy of someone else. Great concept!

I always wanted to see Ben leave with Gwen's clone and one day see a new hero with Spiderman's abilities come into the mix and meet May (Peters daughter) only to discover as he takes off the mask that he has blonde hair and is Ben and Gwen's son?

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by Entity
Hey I was one of the few people I know that actually loved the idea of Ben. Don't get me wrong I loved Peter too just like the idea of Scarlet Spider having to deal with all of Peter's crap and know that he is really just a copy of someone else. Great concept!

I always wanted to see Ben leave with Gwen's clone and one day see a new hero with Spiderman's abilities come into the mix and meet May (Peters daughter) only to discover as he takes off the mask that he has blonde hair and is Ben and Gwen's son?

This kinda sounds like when Norman raped Gwen and the two new goblins showed up. I thought that was a really bad idea.

Spiderman_RJ
okay,why the hell is he so awesome? becouse he had glue balls.and spiker out of his wrist? and a "cool" suit?
really,i dont have him (except when he took that new spider suit) but what is so awesome in him? pplease elaborate your thoughs.

Spiderman_RJ
it was not rape....it was consentual wich is worse....yah..like gwen was going to fall for that, they called us stupid,and laughed at our faces.....i would have no problem if she got laid with flash,harry or even the whole gimn team,if she wanted to,but to fall for osborn...comon....

steverules
Ben's cool because he took being a clone much better than Peter did, he had to listen to Peter complain quite alot, he took alot of s*** from Peter and was still there for him and when Peter wasn't there for MJ Ben was.

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by Spiderman_RJ
it was not rape....it was consentual wich is worse....yah..like gwen was going to fall for that, they called us stupid,and laughed at our faces.....i would have no problem if she got laid with flash,harry or even the whole gimn team,if she wanted to,but to fall for osborn...comon....

No I will always consinder it rape and I really bad idea. Why take such a great character and drag her thru the mud? Why not change MJ's past into a hooker? It would have about the same effect.

Sparkz
Ben's cool because he took being a clone much better than Peter did, he had to listen to Peter complain quite alot, he took alot of s*** from Peter and was still there for him and when Peter wasn't there for MJ Ben was.

Yeah Ben took it well...only ran away for 5 years talked a man into killing himself and later talking him out of killing himself. Just because we didnt see alot of Ben's denial dosn't mean it didn't happen. And Pete had more right to be angry anyway he thought he was the original for 5 years and suddenly his whole family was on the line, and as Ben had already been through all this he knew he could get Pete through it and took the shit. In the end they were as bad as each other.

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by Sparkz
Yeah Ben took it well...only ran away for 5 years talked a man into killing himself and later talking him out of killing himself. Just because we didnt see alot of Ben's denial dosn't mean it didn't happen. And Pete had more right to be angry anyway he thought he was the original for 5 years and suddenly his whole family was on the line, and as Ben had already been through all this he knew he could get Pete through it and took the shit. In the end they were as bad as each other.

If somebody came into my life, and told me I was a clone. I would not handle it very well. I don't blame Peter for freaking out.

Sparkz
Originally posted by doctorstrongbad
If somebody came into my life, and told me I was a clone. I would not handle it very well. I don't blame Peter for freaking out.

Neither do I, the point is that Ben did freak out aswell.

doctorstrongbad
Neither do I, the point is that Ben did freak out aswell.

I don't blam him for freaking out. I blame the writers for trying to make everything I know about Spider-man wrong. That the Icon I believed in was a fraud and only a copy. It was just a really silly idea. ugh

steverules
I do have alot..of the clone saga, I bought it all home with me when I went to Ameirca and it could have been planned out much better. I never knew Ben had been in much denial as Pete, I mean Ben kept going on about how he had been living his life thinking he was a clone and that it wasn't that bad. I think the Ultimate clone saga is good, like I said we know spider-man is the real spider-man and not someone else.

Sparkz
I do have alot..of the clone saga, I bought it all home with me when I went to Ameirca and it could have been planned out much better. I never knew Ben had been in much denial as Pete, I mean Ben kept going on about how he had been living his life thinking he was a clone and that it wasn't that bad. I think the Ultimate clone saga is good, like I said we know spider-man is the real spider-man and not someone else.

Well I have the reprints in Astonishing Spider-man and they printed a story of when Ben first found out he was a clone and some of the things he did while on the road.

steverules
I dunno, I like Ben so I guess I was just trying to...stick up for him a bit. He is a very cool character.

Spiderman_RJ
you see? you didnt really answer my question, your answer is the same as asking a fanboy why they like venom and their anser be becouse he is bad@ss!

i must admit i hated ben reilly when he first came up, and to substitute peter,but then when they kinds sorted it out, and ben started to be the family 'brother peter never had, and i started to like the character what do they do? bring NORMAN back, and kill ben!!!!! i mean WTF??
the spit on our faces and still laugh,same thing with gwen rape.

and doctor your wrong,if they did they mj was a hooker,it wouldnt be shoking or surprising for the readers,it would only state the obvious.

and back to topic i doubt ben would have evolved becouse if he had stayed on the comics we would NEVER HAD this the other CRAP!!!!

besides its not a mutation, is a mistical power designated by a demon/god'/deity/whatever, so there could be only one,and peter and ben would had fight like peter and the old man did.

steverules
Gwen rape was rubbish, I would've rather Ben survived the whole Norman thing and was still alive in his own comic today or still part of the spider-man comics.

Doc Ock
I would rather the Clone saga never happened in the first place.

steverules
It was rubbish cause it was planned out so badly, if it had been planned out well then it would've been a hit

Spideys Sister
Originally posted by Entity

I always wanted to see Ben leave with Gwen's clone and one day see a new hero with Spiderman's abilities come into the mix and meet May (Peters daughter) only to discover as he takes off the mask that he has blonde hair and is Ben and Gwen's son? Like I said... He DID have a kid and him and May are cousins... They just don't know it.

Spideys Sister
Gwen rape was rubbish, I would've rather Ben survived the whole Norman thing and was still alive in his own comic today or still part of the spider-man comics. Oh, and careful waht you wish... They might bring him back with all this civil war crap. laughing out loud They keep screwing Pete over this wouldn't be too much of a surprise...

Doc Ock
It was rubbish cause it was planned out so badly, if it had been planned out well then it would've been a hit

The foundation of all bad stories.

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by Doc Ock
I would rather the Clone saga never happened in the first place.

I agree, it was the worst Spider-man idea ever. Way worse than the oganic webbing thing IMO.

Spiderman_RJ
strong bad you don check your pms or are you ignoring me?

steverules
Organic spider webbing, that was crap, it was great when he used to run out of webbing cause it would kinda add to the story...plus he would make new webbing every now and then to beat a certain villain which was cool, dunno if he still does.

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by Spiderman_RJ
strong bad you don check your pms or are you ignoring me?

Sorry about that, I forgot to check them.

Yes I agree with you. hehe

Spideys Sister
Organic spider webbing, that was crap, it was great when he used to run out of webbing cause it would kinda add to the story...plus he would make new webbing every now and then to beat a certain villain which was cool, dunno if he still does. Like in the 90's cartoon when he mad a special batch just for hydroman... Classic.

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by Spideys Sister
Like in the 90's cartoon when he mad a special batch just for hydroman... Classic.

He was always doing that or like when he changed it for Sandman. I thought his ability to change the formula made it better than the organic.

steverules
Yer being able to change it did make it better, dunno if giving him organic webbing in the movie was a good idea...certainly was different just like that flying power ranger that they called the green goblin

doctorstrongbad
Yer being able to change it did make it better, dunno if giving him organic webbing in the movie was a good idea...certainly was different just like that flying power ranger that they called the green goblin

It would be cool if he could make the organic webbing different. Maybe by thinking about it, or altering his diet.

steverules
He should stop eating flys

doctorstrongbad
He should stop eating flys

Well he really needs the extra protein in his diet. hehe

steverules
Well what could he eat that's healthier than eating flys...something that has less fat?

Spideys Sister
The roaches in his apartment....Originally posted by doctorstrongbad
It would be cool if he could make the organic webbing different. Maybe by thinking about it, or altering his diet. Didn't he do that? I read some place that he could do that.

steverules
Wow I thought the whole diet thing was a joke

doctorstrongbad
The roaches in his apartment.... Didn't he do that? I read some place that he could do that.

No I just made that up, but it would be cool if its true. smile

Spideys Sister
Wow I thought the whole diet thing was a joke I was j/king.... embarrasmentOriginally posted by doctorstrongbad
No I just made that up, but it would be cool if its true. smile Coulda sworn...

steverules
...yer I knew that...

doctorstrongbad
I was j/king.... embarrasment Coulda sworn...

It does sound cool, protein = stronger, fats = more elastic, carbs = thicker.

Something like that sounds good.

steverules
I liked it in the PS1 spider-man games where u could find that fire webbing to use against symbiotes, then in the second u could find an ice cartridge...I loved web catridges, they were cool.

doctorstrongbad
I liked it in the PS1 spider-man games where u could find that fire webbing to use against symbiotes, then in the second u could find an ice cartridge...I loved web catridges, they were cool.

Yeah but now he is organic, no more web cartridges.

steverules
Which I think we all agree...sucks

doctorstrongbad
Which I think we all agree...sucks

I think its lame. The only thing good about it is that he never runs out. Is the organic webbing stronger than the old school stuff?

steverules
I dunno, maybe it's the same. But running out of webbing was good, cause it meant he ad to try and either find a way to stop falling or try and get a web cartidge in a web shooter just in time to stop himself from going SPLAT on the pavement

doctorstrongbad
I dunno, maybe it's the same. But running out of webbing was good, cause it meant he ad to try and either find a way to stop falling or try and get a web cartidge in a web shooter just in time to stop himself from going SPLAT on the pavement

It did make things more dramatic. He will never ever run out now, so that is one less thing he has to worry about.

steverules
Lucky us...

Sparkz
It did make things more dramatic. He will never ever run out now, so that is one less thing he has to worry about.

We don't know that its safe to assume his body can only produce so much at any given time so he may run out if he has to use loads and loads and loads, without eating in between or resting etc.

Also it could be dramatic if you had Spidey sick or very tired thus his webbing was alot weaker or didnt fire as far etc.

steverules
I dunno, is that what happens to normal spider's if they get a cold or a tummy infection?

doctorstrongbad
We don't know that its safe to assume his body can only produce so much at any given time so he may run out if he has to use loads and loads and loads, without eating in between or resting etc.

Also it could be dramatic if you had Spidey sick or very tired thus his webbing was alot weaker or didnt fire as far etc.

That would be interesting. Has he been ill since get his new upgrades?

Sparkz
That would be interesting. Has he been ill since get his new upgrades?

I don't think so, though I don't think Spideys been ill since stan lee was writing the book lol

doctorstrongbad
I don't think so, though I don't think Spideys been ill since stan lee was writing the book lol

You might be correct? He has been injured for fighting, but no colds or illness.

steverules
If spider-mans ill it usually effects his aim with his webbing, not sure about the webbing itself

Sparkz
If spider-mans ill it usually effects his aim with his webbing, not sure about the webbing itself

We are talking about the organic webbing of course it ain't going to affect the artificial webbing lol

steverules
oh yer I know that laughing out loud

doctorstrongbad

Why would it affect his aim? Just wondering if his organic webs have any flaws.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.