What Congressman????

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Faceman
What current Congressman would make the best President? I really like Sen. Robert Byrd, from West Virgina, but im affraid he may be to old for the job...

FeceMan
FeceMan for President.

PVS
its like superman vs bizzaro

Strangelove
Originally posted by Faceman
What current Congressman would make the best President? I really like Sen. Robert Byrd, from West Virgina, but im affraid he may be to old for the job... I love Byrd. He's such a hoot laughing

See, when I think of Congressman, I think of people in the House. Not Senators. And I can't think of any Representatives that are equipped for the Presidency.

Faceman
Originally posted by Strangelove
I love Byrd. He's such a hoot laughing

See, when I think of Congressman, I think of people in the House. Not Senators. And I can't think of any Representatives that are equipped for the Presidency. Well what Senator, do you think.?. And yeah Byrd is awesome...

Strangelove
Well what Senator, do you think.?. And yeah Byrd is awesome... Beyond those that are already considering it, I think the Evan Bayh would be a good President. A moderate Democrat who was Governor of Indiana, a notorious 'Red State' for 8 years, left with an 80% approval rating, and elected twice to the Senate. He has executive experience, but he's a little boring to listen to. erm

docb77
What current Congressman would make the best President? I really like Sen. Robert Byrd, from West Virgina, but im affraid he may be to old for the job...

You like KKK Byrd? What's up with that?

jaden101
George Galloway....

as the saying goes

"AND THAT'S WELL AWAY BY GALLOWAY"

HrdFFCnYtbk

here he is ripping your senate a new collective a$$hole

my hometown's best export...after brian cox...

tabby999
BRING BACK CHARILE WILSON!

soin2cal
I am not so familiar with thismessed

PVS
Originally posted by jaden101
George Galloway....

cant we have some type of senate/parliament exchange program so we can get that guy?

Strangelove
Originally posted by PVS
cant we have some type of senate/parliament exchange program so we can get that guy? They can take Dennis Hastert ermm

Alliance
I was under the impression that congressman rarely went from their seat to the Presidency.

Strangelove
Originally posted by Alliance
I was under the impression that congressman rarely went from their seat to the Presidency. Governors are historically better equipped to run for President, with their executive experience.

Alliance
Well, thats public perception, but I don't recall many of the great presidents being governors...and I think thats false imo.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by FeceMan
FeceMan for President.

Are you only saying that because a sock created this thread, or because you actually believe you deserve the office?

Strangelove
Well, thats public perception, but I don't recall many of the great presidents being governors...and I think thats false imo. Well it's not public perception, per se. Because the Governor is an executive, they're better equipped to the executive power of the Presidency over people from the Legislative branch. It's no measure of how great a president they'll be.

Bill Clinton was the Governor of Arkansas when he ran for the presidency, just so's ya know

Capt_Fantastic
Bill Clinton was the Governor of Arkansas when he ran for the presidency, just so's ya know

Quiet down, carpetbagger.

Strangelove
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
Quiet down, carpetbagger. weep

Alliance
Well it's not public perception, per se. Because the Governor is an executive, they're better equipped to the executive power of the Presidency over people from the Legislative branch. It's no measure of how great a president they'll be.

What I'm saying is is that State executive experience is often very different form Presidental executive experience.

Despite the fact that thay are both "executive" I don't really see correlations between good presidents and presidents who had gubenatorial experience.

That leads me to believe that the perception is just that, simply because people equate the word "executive."

Strangelove
What I'm saying is is that State executive experience is often very different form Presidental executive experience.

Despite the fact that thay are both "executive" I don't really see correlations between good presidents and presidents who had gubenatorial experience.

That leads me to believe that the perception is just that, simply because people equate the word "executive." I 'm not saying that gubernatorial experience translates to a good presidency. The opposite, in fact.Originally posted by Strangelove
It's no measure of how great a president they'll be. I merely made the point that since both jobs are executives, Governors probably have an eaier time adjusting

jaden101
Originally posted by PVS
cant we have some type of senate/parliament exchange program so we can get that guy?

you can have him for free...we'll even throw in Boris Johnson

and yes he is an MP...and yes...the man he is hitting is a German

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvLVIwUxMZg

reggie_jax
edited

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.