Vader at Dagobah

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coolmovies
In ESB when luke goes to Dagobah yoda tells him to go some where . There he meets vader and takes his head off .

Now why did luke see vader at Dagobah am confused ? confused

vintageSW77
Yoda said the cave is strong with the dark side and what is in the cave is what Luke takes with him
Vader is symbolic of the dark side plus i guess Vader was on Lukes mind a lot
i think the whole Lukes face in the helmet is showing what could happen if he fails and is also a not very subtle reference to Lukes parentage

queeq
Yeah, it kinda shows his dark side potential. A lovely scene...

Ushgarak
It's an object lesson in why Luke is failing.

What we see in there is Luke's fears. He fears his greatest enemy, which he thinks is Vader, but after he takes on faux Vader, inside the mask we see Luke- Luke's greatest enemy is actually himself. The very fact he didn't listen to Yoda about bringing in weapons demonstrates that. Luke has to overcome his own weaknesses more than he simply has to defeat bad guys.

JaehSkywalker
Originally posted by vintageSW77
Yoda said the cave is strong with the dark side and what is in the cave is what Luke takes with him
Vader is symbolic of the dark side plus i guess Vader was on Lukes mind a lot
i think the whole Lukes face in the helmet is showing what could happen if he fails and is also a not very subtle reference to Lukes parentage

ooh... nice explanation.

coolmovies
I undersatnd now thanks one more thing when vader goes to meet the empiror he tells him about luke . He also says he is the off spring of anakin.

Did vader know his son was alive ? He didnt get a shock when the empiror told him !

Ushgarak
By that point, the name was probably a clue.

queeq
Ya think? laughing out loud

Well phrased explanation, Ush.

JaehSkywalker
laughing out loud

Skywalker?

laughing out loud

coolmovies
I think it was the force lolz

queeq
Some things can be resolved without the Force.

JaehSkywalker
don't be totally reliant on the force?

vintageSW77
Quote - By that point, the name was probably a clue

Of course everyone knows why Vader knew Luke was his son.....he spotted R2 in Lukes X Wing in the trench and put two and two together!

queeq
laughing out loud

I bet he really wanted to find Luke to find out what happened to his droid 3PO.

coolmovies
Luke stole 3PO from vader lolz

queeq
That little ungrateful sh!t...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.