Al Franken for U.S. Senate?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Strangelove
Comedian, author, political satirist and 'SNL' vet Al Franken has long been considering a Senate bid in 2008 against Norm Coleman, who won the seat in 2002 after a personal friend of Franken, Sen. Paul Wellstone, died in a plane crash.

This article in the St. Paul Pioneer Press suggests that he's serious about running. However, The Washington Post's political blog has continued to suggest that Franken is too polarizing a figure to win a statewide race.

What do you think?

Grimm22
Al Franken is the left wing Bill O'Reilly

Nothing but blant and stupid opinions

Strangelove
Originally posted by Grimm22

Nothing but blant and stupid opinions Incorrect. Unlike Bil O'Reilly, Al Franken is intelligent.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Strangelove
Incorrect. Unlike Bil O'Reilly, Al Franken is intelligent.

This is what you said about Bill O'Reilly when I told you that he was joking...

I don't know with him.

This makes you look like a hypocrite

Strangelove
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
This is what you said about Bill O'Reilly when I told you that he was joking...

This makes you look like a hypocrite I said that I couldn't tell if he was joking or not when he went into a tirade about the possibility that Stephen Colbert might be French. That doesn't mean I don't know anything about him

Shakyamunison
I said that I couldn't tell if he was joking or not when he went into a tirade about the possibility that Stephen Colbert might be French. That doesn't mean I don't know anything about him

OK, thank you for clarifying that. Your other statement was too vague.

Strangelove
Well, I've yet to hear anything other than an an uninformed opinion...anyone else want to try?

Kinneary
Al Franken is nothing more than the left wing O'Reilly, like what was said before. Liberal nuts run around him just like conservative freaks love O'Reilly. God I hope he never becomes a senator.

Strangelove
Originally posted by Kinneary
Al Franken is nothing more than the left wing O'Reilly, like what was said before. Liberal nuts run around him just like conservative freaks love O'Reilly. God I hope he never becomes a senator. Originally posted by Strangelove
Well, I've yet to hear anything other than an an uninformed opinion...anyone else want to try? make that two uninformed opinions

reggie_jax
edited

Kinneary
make that two uninformed opinions
http://www.lyingliar.com/index.htm

Strangelove
Originally posted by Kinneary
http://www.lyingliar.com/index.htm not his official webpage. It's bullshit. He's official website is alfranken.com, funnily enough

Strangelove
Seriously. Al Franken is not the 'liberal Bill O'Reilly' and anyone else who says that I will assume he/she does not pay any attention to politics.

Al Franken is a comedian. He is a self-described liberal. He is critical of the Bush Administration. Because he is a comedian, he is playful when he criticizes the Administration. And somehow people think this gives them the right to call him the liberal's Bill O'Reilly, which is completely false.

Why it is assumed that Franken is 'too polarizing a figure' to win a statewide election in a pretty true-blue state baffles me. He has good ideas, stands on the right side of the issues from my standpoint, and I believe he'd make a great Senator. It's only too bad that I don't live in Minnesota to vote for him.

Quiero Mota
Seriously. Al Franken is not the 'liberal Bill O'Reilly' and anyone else who says that I will assume he/she does not pay any attention to politics.

Which itself is a flawed comparison, because O'Reilly is moderate. He even says so himself. Only far-left hippies would call him a right-wing extremist.

Strangelove
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Which itself is a flawed comparison, because O'Reilly is moderate. He even says so himself. Only far-left hippies would call him a right-wing extremist. Then grow my hair and call me a hippie smokin'

Quiero Mota
Then grow my hair and call me a hippie smokin'

He leans a bit to the right, but he's no Coulter or Limbaugh.

Strangelove
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
He leans a bit to the right, but he's no Coulter or Limbaugh. Leans? Do you watch his show? While he may not be as hyperconservative as Coulter or Limbaugh, he can only be accused of leaning to the right when watched from the perspective of Coulter or Limbaugh.

More important than that, however, is his complete lack of journalistic integrity or intellectual honesty.

The point I'm making, however, is that Al Franken is not the 'liberal's Bill O'Reilly' It's absoultely false.

Back on topic.

Strangelove
He has officially announced his candidacy! w00t

Yh8LfGIM62M

Kram3r
He has officially announced his candidacy! w00t

Yh8LfGIM62M

Good to hear that O'Reilly Franken is running. 13

Strangelove
Why I oughta....shakefist

Badabing
Al Franken failed on radio and TV, why should politics be any different. He's a hateful, repugnant little lefty who skews facts to promote his own agenda. He would have the USA be turned into Cuba Major with a large, central government.

Bill O'Reilly is a stand up, straight shooter who tells it like it is. People who don't like O'Reilly just hate the fact that he exposes the Far Left for who they truly are, insidious, pernicious, self promoting commies. He advocates children's rights and champions the power of clear minded individuals.

That folks is the no spin truth.

shifty

Strangelove
Originally posted by Badabing
Al Franken failed on radio and TV, why should politics be any different. He's a hateful, repugnant little lefty who skews facts to promote his own agenda. He would have the USA be turned into Cuba Major with a large, central government.

Bill O'Reilly is a stand up, straight shooter who tells it like it is. People who don't like O'Reilly just hate the fact that he exposes the Far Left for who they truly are, insidious, pernicious, self promoting commies. He advocates children's rights and champions the power of clear minded individuals.

That folks is the no spin truth.

shifty I was about to rip on you before I saw the shifty look there, you shifty

Badabing
I was about to rip on you before I saw the shifty look there, you shifty
I figured my sig and post would do the trick. laughing My post reflects an extremely exaggerated look at both personalities. Honestly, I agree with O'Reilly more than Franken on most points for two reasons. My views are bit more conservative than liberal and I just don't now when Franken is being serious or satirical. Both are passionate about their views and beliefs.
One thing I do know is that they dislike each other.

Strangelove
Originally posted by Badabing
I figured my sig and post would do the trick. laughing My post reflects an extremely exaggerated look at both personalities. Honestly, I agree with O'Reilly more than Franken on most points for two reasons. My views are bit more conservative than liberal and I just don't now when Franken is being serious or satirical. Both are passionate about their views and beliefs.
One thing I do know is that they dislike each other. Bill O'Reilly hates Al Franken. Al Franken is amused by Bill O'Reilly. The only person that Al Franken hates is Sean Hannity.

But yeah. You're right that it's hard to tell when Franken is being serious or satirical, but he does care deeply about the issues. And I tend to agree with him

Badabing
Bill O'Reilly hates Al Franken. Al Franken is amused by Bill O'Reilly. The only person that Al Franken hates is Sean Hannity.

But yeah. You're right that it's hard to tell when Franken is being serious or satirical, but he does care deeply about the issues. And I tend to agree with him
Oh, it's Hannity that he hates. laughing out loud Bill Maher is another person I have trouble getting a bead on. Sometimes I'll agree with him and sometimes I'm just thinking WTF? The same with Rush and Hannity. It's taxing sometimes to muddle your way through the BS and find the truth. I try to listen to both sides and figure that the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Strangelove
Al Franken raised $1.53 million in the first quarter for his campaign, indicating that he's serious about running. Rasmussen has the numbers so far as 46% for Sen. Norm Coleman, and 36% for Franken (18% undecided).

Franken faces a primary challenge from Mike Ciresi, a trial lawyer and Bob Olson, an energy activist

Devil King
What do you think?

There was a time I would have said he wasn't qualified, had no buisness being in a political office and had no experience in such things. But then again, I've watched the Bush administration for the last 6 years and know that anything is possible.

Strangelove
Originally posted by Devil King
There was a time I would have said he wasn't qualified, had no buisness being in a political office and had no experience in such things. But then again, I've watched the Bush administration for the last 6 years and know that anything is possible. Hehehe

Well he's been a successful political satirist since the '90s, I'd say that gives him some experience. srug

meep-meep

What is a blant opinion?

meep-meep

Strangelove
NOT far right? The ****er was advocating terrorist attacks on an American city simply because it's a "liberal" city!!! Not far right? Gimme a break.

ragesRemorse
al frnken has one of those faces you just want to punch

however, he is conceited enough, an supports all of the left wing propoganda, so i guess he is as lagitamate enough as they come anymore

Strangelove
Al Franken has out-raised Sen. Norm Coleman this year.

I contributed $25 last week big grin

ADarksideJedi

Unlike Franken Bill O'Reilly is the one who is smart!jm smile

lord xyz
Comedian, author, political satirist and 'SNL' vet Al Franken has long been considering a Senate bid in 2008 against Norm Coleman, who won the seat in 2002 after a personal friend of Franken, Sen. Paul Wellstone, died in a plane crash.

This article in the St. Paul Pioneer Press suggests that he's serious about running. However, The Washington Post's political blog has continued to suggest that Franken is too polarizing a figure to win a statewide race.

What do you think? Sounds good to me.

Strangelove
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
Unlike Franken Bill O'Reilly is the one who is smart!jm smile Your opinion means nothing, halfwit smile

pepperjeff
Originally posted by meep-meep
What is a blant opinion?

Totally, what the heck is a blant opinion anyway? Do you mean bland?

Strangelove
This is kind of a serious bump, but I thought I'd just post that Al Franken has locked up the DFL (Minnesota Democratic Party) nomination for U.S. Senate against Sen. Norm Coleman.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.