Iraq and the Bible....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sithsaber408
VERY INTERESTING-

1. The Garden of Eden was in Iraq.

2. Mesopotamia, which is now Iraq, was the cradle of civilization!

3. Noah built the ark in Iraq.

4. The Tower of Babel was in Iraq.

5. Abraham was from Ur, which is in Southern Iraq!

6. Isaac's wife Rebekah is from Nahor, which is in Iraq!

7. Jacob met Rachel in Iraq.

8. Jonah preached in Nineveh - which is in Iraq.

9. Assyria, which is in Iraq, conquered the ten tribes of Israel.

10. Amos cried out in Iraq!

11. Babylon, which is in Iraq, destroyed Jerusalem.

12. Daniel was in the lion's den in Iraq!

13. The three Hebrew children were in the fire in Iraq (Jesus had been in Iraq also as the fourth person in the Fiery furnace!)

14. Belshazzar, the King of Babylon saw the "writing on the wall" in Iraq.

15. Nebuchadnezzar, King of Babylon, carried the Jews captive into Iraq.

16. Ezekiel preached in I raq.

17. The wise men were from Iraq

18. Peter preached in Iraq.

19. The "Empire of Man" described in Revelation is called Babylon, which was a city in Iraq!

And you have probably seen this one:

Israel is the nation most often mentioned in the Bible. But do you know which nation is second? It is Iraq!

However, that is not the name that is used in the Bible The names used in the Bible are Babylon, Land of Shinar, and Mesopotamia. The word Mesopotamia means between the two rivers, more exactly between the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers. The name Iraq, means country with deep roots.

Indeed Iraq is a country with deep roots and is a very significant country in the Bible.

No other nation, except Israel, has more history and prophecy associated it than Iraq.

And also, this is something to think about! Since America is typically represented by an eagle. Saddam should have read up on his Muslim passages...

The following verse is from the Koran, (the Islamic Bible)

Koran (9:11) - For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a fearsome Eagle. The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands of Allah and lo, while some of the people trembled in despair still more rejoiced; for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah; and there was peace.

(Note the verse number!) Hmmmmm?!

Shakyamunison
Why would you believe the bible? There is a good chance that a lot of the above is only myth.

Strangelove
Originally posted by sithsaber408
The following verse is from the Koran, (the Islamic Bible)

Koran (9:11) - For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a fearsome Eagle. The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands of Allah and lo, while some of the people trembled in despair still more rejoiced; for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah; and there was peace.

(Note the verse number!) Hmmmmm?! Bunk.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/war/quran.asp

Here is the real verse 9:11 in the Qur'an: "But if they repent and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate, they are your brethren in faith; and we make the communications clear for a people who know."

sithsaber408
Well crap.

I cut-and-pasted my way right into that one, didn't I! stick out tongue

Alliance
Well crap.

I cut-and-pasted my way right into that one, didn't I! stick out tongue

Thats why you don't use those crappy sites....EVER.

Gregory
I sometimes at least try to be polite, but if you honestly believed that the Koran would include the lines, "For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a fearsome Eagle. The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands of Allah and lo, while some of the people trembled in despair still more rejoiced; for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah; and there was peace" then you might well be the most gullable person in the history of existence.

fini
well everything there cannot not be exactly proven......... well except that Mesopotamia, was there.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by fini
well everything there cannot not be exactly proven......... well except that Mesopotamia, was there.

and there were Jews too

fini
oh yeah that too.

sithsaber408
Originally posted by Alliance
Thats why you don't use those crappy sites....EVER.

It was e-mailed to me, by somebody who probably had it sent to them. And yes, I should've researched it after reading the e-mail.

Anyways, the Koran part may be wrong, but most of the stuff about the Bible mentioning Iraq is true.

What I mean is, that the Bible does relate those stories, and the areas that they would've taken place in are what is now considered to be modern Iraq.

Just found it to be interesting.

Alfheim
Who cares?

PVS
surely most of it must be true since it was found on the intraweb.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Alfheim
Who cares?

My thoughts exactly.

Alliance
It was e-mailed to me, by somebody who probably had it sent to them. And yes, I should've researched it after reading the e-mail.

Anyways, the Koran part may be wrong, but most of the stuff about the Bible mentioning Iraq is true.

What I mean is, that the Bible does relate those stories, and the areas that they would've taken place in are what is now considered to be modern Iraq.

Just found it to be interesting.

So Bush is in vading to make Iraq a Christian Holyland?

Iraq has been a center of GLOBAL civilization repeatedly throught history. Times much greater than those of the Bible. I've found Americans (and likely people in general) know very little about its history.

At one point, I'd say Baghdad was the intellectual capital of the world.

lil bitchiness
Indeed.

However, I am bias as far as Babylon / Persia goes.

Since my people descended from Pesians, i would always argue Pesia to have been more advanced than Babylon stick out tongue bite me.

Alliance
Oh...is that why Xerxes is gracing your avy stick out tongue

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Alliance
Oh...is that why Xerxes is gracing your avy stick out tongue
Partially. embarrasment

I couldn't find any other pics which were striking enough (and not Spartan)....Xerxes will do, cos there was no picture like that of Cyrus the Great.

Was there ever a movie involving Cyrus the Great? hmmm....

Lord Urizen
Persia is sexy.....something about somebeing being of Persian decent is pretty hott

But then again, I think Greeks, Italians, Spaniards, Isrealis, South Americans, and Japanese ppl are fkn hott 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.