The Crossing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Smasandian
A new game from the creators of Dark Messiah.

Looks like an regular game, but with one huge twist that could be very groundbreaking.

It's called an FPS crossplayer.

It's suppose to fuse singleplayer gameplay with multiplayer. Instead of AI NPC's, the singleplayer will have human players as the NPC's. It sounds completely interesting, and quite compelling about how fun this game could be. Just think, your going against a squad of NPC's, but instead of predictable behaviour, each time you face them, its always different.

The theme and location of the game is based in France and has two difference dimensions where you have the present French people and the Templers from the 1300's who all died.

It's really hard to explain, but definitly check out this feature from 1up.com and check out the new trailer from gamevideos.com...it looks amazing.

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3156558

It's pretty interesting.

General Kaliero
Hmm... that actually seems like a pretty interesting idea. Nicely solves the AI problem that constantly plagues FPS games, and provides a game that both MP and SP gamers can enjoy. I think I'll be following this game's development.

Smasandian
The only problem I see is if they can do it correctly.

As you probalby noticed, its heavily influenced by Half Life 2, considering the art director is the same guy.

But one worrisome is that Arkane Studio's isnt the greatest studio out there and thier last game wasnt recieved very well.

Hopefully, Valve can help these guys out because I have a feeling Valve is also part of it.

MadMel
i honestly dont get it..
so when you playing single player, theres also a multiplayer match going on at the same time in the same level??
also like the use of the grappling hook laughing out loud

H. S. 6
Sounds like an interesting concept.

Smasandian
Originally posted by MadMel
i honestly dont get it..
so when you playing single player, theres also a multiplayer match going on at the same time in the same level??
also like the use of the grappling hook laughing out loud

Well, watch the 1up show and they kinda of say what it means.

Basically, the singleplayer guy plays the game, but the system the developers set up find a match thats going on and connects you to it.

They're could be a MP match going on, but then an announcements happens, or after a match ends saying that an SP player is coming on (or elitist), then the MP guys (or skirmishers) come on and play against the SP. Then somethign about mercaneries and such.

It's ****ed up. It's hard to explain but basically, they're will be no AI NPC's. Every time you play will be against another player but still in the type of singleplayer relm.

The one thing that gets me exicted is the locale. The whole alternate reality is soo interesting.

H. S. 6
And what happens if the game isn't popular? Or once it loses its popularity?

The whole system goes kaput. They're going to have to have some kind of AI in the game, as a back up. erm

Smasandian
Well, that's why people say that the game would be cool if it works.

I think they're will be enough players for it too work..but yeah, they might have some sort AI backup or something.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.