Team Nintendo vs. Team Final Fantasy VII

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nikkolas
Link
Mario
Samus

vs.

-Composite Sephiroth
-Cloud Strife
-Vincent Valentine

Scenario 1:
Composites of team Nintendo.

Scenario 2:
Team Nintendo with equipment from only one game.

MetaHybrid
Composites of team Nintendo means Mario and Link have the power to do pretty much anything they want. Team FFIV have a great chance in the second Scenario.

MadMel
nope...
in the 2nd round - marios star = instant pwnage laughing out loud..

MetaHybrid
But how long would the Star last? less than 10 seconds. During that time, they could keep away from Mario.

MadMel
ok ok...erm...what if link got the star, then used faroes...oh yea only on item..ok
i remeber one thing samus had that could instant kill...i cant remember its name though..

beta ray bob
sephiroth ( stab with really long sword)

cloud: OMNI-SLASH!

Vincent:chaos!

MadMel
laughing out loud
2 can play that
mario - star
link - naryus love
samus - power bomb

beta ray bob

OMGSPLOSIONPWNZED

MadMel
only samus MAY die
the other two are pefectly fine, and if they try to attack, star mario instantly kills them stick out tongue

beta ray bob
sephiroth: super nova! or turn mario in to a frog

MadMel
laughing out loud then samus wins stick out tongue

beta ray bob
no, cloud flattens samus with his insanely big sword

MadMel
sephiroth cant breathe in space..samus can..therefore, if seph goes supernova, he kills himself..

beta ray bob
do you know what supernova is? it is a meteorite that comes FROM space and instantly kills the target

Cloud_VII
Originally posted by MadMel
sephiroth cant breathe in space..samus can..therefore, if seph goes supernova, he kills himself..
Sephiroth can breathe in space, actually.

MadMel
where, when????
edit - SN doesnt instant kill (in my incredibly uber skill in ff7, i managed to survive 3 in a row, TOP THAT), and it takes an incredible amount of time to get going..in that time samus can do whatever she likes to blow the living crap outta all three with her REAL instant kill move..

Pulse2
Sephiroth isn't human, how you know he can't breath in space? Lol. Now Cloud and Link I can see a match there.

Vincent and Samus look better together, and Mario? Why is he even in this, the only thing he can do is yell mamamia and die by Sephiroth throwing one of those evil mushrooms from Mario games at him, lmao.

MadMel
where the hell did sephirtoh get those mushrooms laughing
nah your right, id replace mario with kirby + any form of his choice..

Nikkolas
Ya know Supernova?

The spell that doesn't actually destroy the sun because it comes back?

In Super Mario Bros. 3, the sun is actually out to get Mario and he kills it with a Koopa shell.

Mario destroyed a sun with a turtleshell.

He wins.

beta ray bob
sephiroth would chop mario into bite-sized pieces and feed him to jenova

MadMel
then samus explodes everyone except herself into atoms with sonic boom

Blaxican
Originally posted by beta ray bob
sephiroth would chop mario into bite-sized pieces and feed him to jenova

Don't you know? mario is mostly resistant to sword attacks, as shown in pretty much all his games.

Mario hurls a turtle shell at the sun, making it explode and kill everone and everything.

IceJaw
laughing out loud ^

Scenario 2:

Mario with his equipment from Paper Mario.

Link with his from Ocarina of time.

Samus with hers from Metroid Fusion.

Mario slows down time for team FF7 with the power of the stars, Samus shoots them to bits with her hyper beam and Link loafs around in the background. no expression

OMGSPLOSIONPWNZED
How would that kill them?

Mario would die unless he uses the star rod to make himself invincible, Link could just use Nayru's love to, guess what? Become invincible and Samus is..well Samus, anyone who has played Metroid can tell that won't work on her.

swe_ak5
and that is the end ? smile i mean, who would match that...

dirkdirden
this is the dumbest thread ever becuase mario would be worthless even if he used a star he couldn't catch any of the FF7 people they are much to fast they would just wait for his start to end then kill him.

Link and cloud is an ok fight. Link can't really do much to hurt cloud, and link and a million ways to make himself unhurtable so it would be a stale make with no winner except the fact that Mario would be dead in 10 seconds and Sepiroth and Cloud would tag team link and kill him gay sex style.

Samus and vincent is an ok fight. Samus and more fire power with rockets and bombs but vincents and faster fireing. I would have to vincent becuase once samus hit him with his rocket or his fully charged wepon he would go into his monster mode and rip her in half.

MadMel
ok we scrath mario and put plasma kirby in instead
WTFOMHSPLOISION laughing out loud
anyways, we give samus hyperbeam, or better yet, her sonic boom, and then she wins

Nikkolas

MadMel
or samus could just use sonic boom and wipe them all out in one hit erm

Pulse2
Sephiroth IS time -_- He doesnt die, he only gets stuck in time, hes virtually immortal, thus the reason why he isn't dead yet, Mario is a waste of time, he'd get killed ing the first five seconds of the match tripping over a turtle shell. Lol. And Samus, this is where the battle will get tough, seeing as Vincent is a vampire, he is already dead, therefore cannot be killed, not only that is extremely difficult to shoot at, chances are you're more likely to get his cloak then him, as for cloud, in a gun battle, I dunno, he dodged bullets easily in Advent children, but him and link would be interesting, chances are he'd own Link, the only way link could win is with magic, cos Cloud can dodge arrows the same wat he can dodge bullets. messed This is a very uneven match, you might as well up the stakes and add Pikachu and Kirby to it. Samus is a great competitor, but on her own she can't defeat three vitually unstoppable, fast, untouchable forces, next to impossible. sad

I'm sorry, but Mario just makes me laugh, hes utterly useless in this matchup, lol.

MadMel
youve ingored everything we've said mad
samus's sonic boom moves faster than what even chaos is capable of, and turns any enemy it touches into atoms, effectively destroying it..

beta ray bob
or seph,cloud, or vincent would push her in to a wall and then all her equipment would malfunction

Nikkolas
I'm gonna have to ask everyone who keeps saying Mario is nothing to either read my posts or leave. It's piss-poor debating skill to totally ignore facts after facts to show how Mario is better and stronger than anyone on FFVII's team. Same goes for Link. Cloud can not pwn Mario or Link. Sephiroth can not pwn Mario or Link.

If you want me to get into the specifics of Composite Mario and Link, either of which could solo the FFVII world, I will.

beta ray bob
mario has only won his significant battles by sheer luck, samus takes a while to regain her stuff after it all malfunctions( which can happen by her getting knocked in to a wall{you'd think she would be more durable}) , and link vs cloud? cloud would win with not to much trouble

Darkchoco
Originally posted by dirkdirden
this is the dumbest thread ever becuase mario would be worthless even if he used a star he couldn't catch any of the FF7 people they are much to fast they would just wait for his start to end then kill him.

Link and cloud is an ok fight. Link can't really do much to hurt cloud, and link and a million ways to make himself unhurtable so it would be a stale make with no winner except the fact that Mario would be dead in 10 seconds and Sepiroth and Cloud would tag team link and kill him gay sex style.

Samus and vincent is an ok fight. Samus and more fire power with rockets and bombs but vincents and faster fireing. I would have to vincent becuase once samus hit him with his rocket or his fully charged wepon he would go into his monster mode and rip her in half.

Dude you are so gay, You base your skill of the cooler looking character and weapons.

Darkchoco
mario has only won his significant battles by sheer luck, samus takes a while to regain her stuff after it all malfunctions( which can happen by her getting knocked in to a wall{you'd think she would be more durable}) , and link vs cloud? cloud would win with not to much trouble

Proof for Link Losing?
Proof that mario wins by sheer luck?

Nikkolas
Link has items to make himself invincible, make himself a demi-god and items to give him at least strength enough to move around 20 tons. He kills Cloud no problem.

Mario at baseline can run up walls and outrun bullets. His strength is enough to toss castles and Bowser. He can be shot out of a cannon and into space and jump off mountains with no damage.

Honestly...get over your stupid bias, people.

beta ray bob
vincent can lif the ground up from underneath link and become chaos( a more satanic demi god)

MadMel
then samus sonic booms everyone..
BTW where did you get that bullcrap about her equipment malfunctioning??

Cloud_VII
All the people who say Team Nintendo would win should see this: http://www.squarenation.com/ffvii/info/materia_list.php

I'm not saying Team Nintendo can't win I'm just siding with Team Final Fantasy VII on this one.

Nikkolas
Mario with all his powerups:
* Giant (Super Mushroom)
* Fireball-throwing (Fire Flower)
* Invincible (Super Star)
* Throw bouncing balls (Power Flower)
* Flight with racoon tail, tail attack (Super Leaf)
* Tanuki Suit (Transformation into invincible statue)
* Infinite Hammers (Hammer Bros Suit)
* Underwater breathing and high jump (Frog Suit)
* Invincibility to spikes (Kuribo's Shoe)
* Superjumping and gliding with bunny ears (Power Carrot)
* Phase through matter (Vanish Cap)
* Metal Body (Metal Cap)
* Improved Flight (Wing Cap)
* Inifnite Flight (P Wing)
* Fatness (P Balloon)
* A cape that deflects attacks (Super Feather)
* Yoshi
* Water Cannon (FLUUD)
* Ability to fling self around invincibly (Noko Noko Shell)
* Super-duper power hammer (Donkey Kong)

So what we have is a gigantic, glowing, fire-breathing, invincible, ball-shooting, hammer-chucking, flying, swimming, metallic, partially invincible, swollen, racoon/turtle/bunny/frog super strong man wearing a cape, with a water gun attatched to his back, riding on a dinosaur in a giant shoe and wildly swinging a super-powerful hammer.
So, we take away the star. We still got the rest. Mario at baseline could chuck a castle into the distance. Throwing a hammer will be even easier and more powerful. MM won't have a head left.
And that's only from the platformers. We give him items from his RPGs...like the Star Rod...goodbye.

And Link?

If Link has access to all of his abilities, he can use the Chateu Romani, a special type of milk that gives him infinite magic power for three days straight. Taking abilities from Majora's Mask, he has six bottles with which to carry said milk. That means, at maximum, he has just under three weeks worth of infinite magic.

Then you have his Magic Armor from Wind Waker. It's an item that surrounds Link with a shield of pure energy for as long as he has magic. While the Armor is active, he is invincible.

Those two factors combined make Link unkillable for nearly three weeks straight. Dante would be dead long before that.
Plus the Gold Gauntlets gave Link "teh strength to move mountains."

Fierce Deity Mask gives him the power of a god.

Silver Arrows penetrate magical defenses.

Complete Triforce + Invincible/infinite magic for nearly 3 weeks + high strength class + demi-god powers + penetrates magical barriers.

MadMel
someone said (sarcasticly) earlier that we could add kirby as well..
ok thats fine, but its blopdy overkill, kirby is just as big a powerhouse as mario...he cat punch a freaking crack all the way down his planet, fly, take hits from giant cannons and can absorb the abilities of anything he swallows..with the right form, he could prove a worthy match to team FF7

Pulse2
This is not a battle of weapons, weapons are useless unless team Nintendo is like dragon ball z, even the sonic boom cannot effect Vincent, ppl, all but cloud cannot be killed, do you not hear me, if Samus herself can't be effected by the sonic boom, then Vincent sure can't, links ability to turn invincible and lift things is exactly what I said, in a match up without magic, or potions, or powerups he gains throughout levels, he'd loose, he'd still loose if he had all those things and Cloud had all his stuff as well.

Sephiroth shouldn't even be in this, its unfair, he is time itself, he can be reborn several times, he doesn't die messed And with the virus he creates during Advent children, that alone is enough to kill all Nintendo team without him being on the field yet messed

This argument is about as childish as it gets, but I'm persistant, roflmao!

MadMel
why the hell cant samus's sonic boom not affect vincent...thats just a pointless assumption to think that vincent is suddenly immune..
and there a good reason why it doesnt affect samus...its shot AWAY from her roll eyes (sarcastic)

swe_ak5
but then, samus takes Yasumi Matsuno, the writer of ff XII as hostige, kills everyone, and vins...glory to the vinner :P

Cloud_VII
This thread is dumb as shit, IMO

dirkdirden
Originally posted by Cloud_VII
This thread is dumb as shit, IMO

It's best to stay out of anything that involves a classic character because the fanboys are rampant. Link = superman Mario = The Hulk, and Samus = superwoman and they are unbeatable.

Pulse2
why the hell cant samus's sonic boom not affect vincent...thats just a pointless assumption to think that vincent is suddenly immune..
and there a good reason why it doesnt affect samus...its shot AWAY from her roll eyes (sarcastic) Whats stopping Vincent from vanishing and appearing right there next to Samus? If Samus can avoid the sonic booms, lol, so can Vincent smile

Lol, lets have a full blunt argument smile Samus would get owned with one slash of Sephiroth's sword, which virtually cuts anything except Cloud's sword in half, lol.

MadMel
nah thats just more fanboyish assuming laughing out loud

Nikkolas
Um...Samus' shield allows her to wade through acid and lava uneffected. Anything to to suggest acid and lava are weaker than Seph's sword?

And Mario, Link and Samus ARE unbeatable until you actually prove why they aren't. They're all clearly stronger and more durable than anyone on FFVII's team. They have items to make themselves invincible and into demi-gods. Samus has enough firepower to waste a planet in short order.

Honestly...we're not bias because we're actually providing facts for why we're right.

Darkchoco
Dont get me wrong, I love Final Fantasy 7 but nintendo clearly would win, you are just assuming and basing your power off your characters looks.

Pulse2
Originally posted by Nikkolas
Um...Samus' shield allows her to wade through acid and lava uneffected. Anything to to suggest acid and lava are weaker than Seph's sword?

And Mario, Link and Samus ARE unbeatable until you actually prove why they aren't. They're all clearly stronger and more durable than anyone on FFVII's team. They have items to make themselves invincible and into demi-gods. Samus has enough firepower to waste a planet in short order.

Honestly...we're not bias because we're actually providing facts for why we're right. Am I not prooving facts too? Its just a clash of opinion, by saying either will win with out reason is not providing facts.

Seph's sword is extremely powerful, you only had to look at the robots, animals, materials he has cut in half with the slash of one sword, not to mention while Samus can destroy planets, so can seph, his move in the final battle of FF7 is a powerful maelstorm which destroys planets, in fact, they don't even fight on a planet for the last fight, they fight in a space between a time gap. Only memories and will power kept Cloud from loosing, not just anyone can take down Seph, and the same way he came back in Advent children is the same way he can come back, over and over and over again. Firepower and brute force is practically useless against a force of unpredictability. Seph is practically capale of anything. And this is just Seph.

As for Cloud and his ability to dodge bullets, summon beasts of great power if you're including magic and items in this, the power to curse the enemy, the power to be revived, heck, just summoning Neo Brahamut by Cloud is enough to extinguish the fire that is Link.

And Vincent is dead, I've said this already, he came back from the dead, hes really can only be killed by magic or sealed away, other then that, he can't be touched or killed.

Character designs mean nothing, had you put Tidus or Squall in this, they would have easily been eaten alive. Cloud, Seph and Vincent are completly different, in fact, they are a force to yet be dominated.

If Mario can get defeated by a mushroom in Mario brothers ds, if Link can be defeated by a giant fish, if Samus can be killed by small alien blobs in Metroid Prime, what on this green earth do they have over Cloud, Vincent and Seph? Roflmao, this debate gets lamer by the second, lol.

beta ray bob
it is obvious that this will go on and on because mario and zelda fanboys as well as ffVII fanboys at war could make this forum turn in to a flame pit where everyone would be drawn in just to get back at the other guy so i am not discussing this anymore

Pulse2
it is obvious that this will go on and on because mario and zelda fanboys as well as ffVII fanboys at war could make this forum turn in to a flame pit where everyone would be drawn in just to get back at the other guy so i am not discussing this anymore Actually its no where near that, its just a silly funny debate about characters in a game smile If someone takes this seriously then they're a gaming nerd, thats different, I've been laughing at the posts, I have no reason to start accusing anyone of being a fanboy or even start cursing thier mothers because they think Link can beat Cloud, thats immature smile

MadMel
lol i agree..but you have to admit both teams are powerhouses

Nikkolas
Well, your major flaw is that Supernova, the almighty attack that destroys planets, doesn't destroy anything. As it is pure game mechanics, it leaves the planets uneffected. In fact, since he can do the move again and again, it's simply an illusion. He can't destroy a singel planet on his own, let alone a solar system.

Point of fact, if you attack Ultima Weapon on the Highwind with one of the Bahamuts, the deck is blown to pieces. Yet, we know that the deck didn't actually go anywhere as it re-appears at the end of the attack. You all were just in the Lifestream with Seph and the blue-and-white backdrop was of no storyline significance.

Cutting through robots of some unknown composition means nothing. Wading through pits of lava and acid with zero effect means something because we can guage the power of lava and acid. Show me one reason why Sephiroth's sword can get through Samus' shields. Her tech is about a couple centuries ahead of anything in FFVII.

Link = invincible giant demi-god with the Triforce. He is far beyond Cloud or Neo Bahamut's capabilities of hurting...due to being an invincible demi-god thanks to Magic Armor and Fierce Deity Mask and all.

Well, he may still be alive, but Mario jumping on his head will make him a still-living pile of goo. Mario's jumps crush entire castles. Vincent won't be walking away from them.

They have:
Mario with Star Power, invincible.
Link with Magic Armor, invincible.

IceJaw
Cannot believe I missed THIS.

Bump.

Pulse2
Well, your major flaw is that Supernova, the almighty attack that destroys planets, doesn't destroy anything. As it is pure game mechanics, it leaves the planets uneffected. In fact, since he can do the move again and again, it's simply an illusion. He can't destroy a singel planet on his own, let alone a solar system.

Point of fact, if you attack Ultima Weapon on the Highwind with one of the Bahamuts, the deck is blown to pieces. Yet, we know that the deck didn't actually go anywhere as it re-appears at the end of the attack. You all were just in the Lifestream with Seph and the blue-and-white backdrop was of no storyline significance.

Cutting through robots of some unknown composition means nothing. Wading through pits of lava and acid with zero effect means something because we can guage the power of lava and acid. Show me one reason why Sephiroth's sword can get through Samus' shields. Her tech is about a couple centuries ahead of anything in FFVII.

Link = invincible giant demi-god with the Triforce. He is far beyond Cloud or Neo Bahamut's capabilities of hurting...due to being an invincible demi-god thanks to Magic Armor and Fierce Deity Mask and all.

Well, he may still be alive, but Mario jumping on his head will make him a still-living pile of goo. Mario's jumps crush entire castles. Vincent won't be walking away from them.

They have:
Mario with Star Power, invincible.
Link with Magic Armor, invincible. Dude, regardless to how high Mario can jump, he can get killed by mushrooms and purple kitties and they havent even attacked him, just merely touched him, so his threat is about as much as a frog, all Vincent would have to do is touch him, he'd go "Mamamia!" and die.

Metriod prime on DS as these little green blob things, and a slight touch of them saps your life away, so much for ancient armour if she looses life for that -_- and Link, well, after playing Zelda and getting eaten by a big fish while swimming and killed instantly despite how many powerups I had, that pretty much sums it up. Theres your powerhouse team smile Great attacks, not so great defence or life for that matter.

MetaHybrid
All Mario would have to do is get a Mega Mushroom, and "touch" team Final Fantasy. Then they all die. So much for them I guess. stick out tongue

IceJaw
You could have quoted me, I've said that a couple of hundred times.
Originally posted by Pulse2
Dude, regardless to how high Mario can jump, he can get killed by mushrooms and purple kitties and they havent even attacked him, just merely touched him, so his threat is about as much as a frog, all Vincent would have to do is touch him, he'd go "Mamamia!" and die.

Metriod prime on DS as these little green blob things, and a slight touch of them saps your life away, so much for ancient armour if she looses life for that -_- and Link, well, after playing Zelda and getting eaten by a big fish while swimming and killed instantly despite how many powerups I had, that pretty much sums it up. Theres your powerhouse team smile Great attacks, not so great defence or life for that matter.
Wow, you're smart, you're basing all that on frickin' game mechanics! barker

Oh, great, you basing Mario on SM-f*ckin-B 1. Try current Mario for once, or better yet, Paper Mario - Mario.

Are there ANY giant fish here? For **** sake, man that couldn't be more irrelevant.

And yeah by your logic Samus would instantly die if she got by todays revolvers and guess what? She fights space pirates with frickin' LASERS and shit, so IF we were going by your 'logic' then we should rename her to Doris the bullet-dodger or more accurately The High-tech Laser dodger (or Lady Luck herself).

Oh I win. redjump

Pulse2
Originally posted by IceJaw
You could have quoted me, I've said that a couple of hundred times.

Wow, you're smart, you're basing all that on frickin' game mechanics! barker

Oh, great, you basing Mario on SM-f*ckin-B 1. Try current Mario for once, or better yet, Paper Mario - Mario.

Are there ANY giant fish here? For **** sake, man that couldn't be more irrelevant.

And yeah by your logic Samus would instantly die if she got by todays revolvers and guess what? She fights space pirates with frickin' LASERS and shit, so IF we were going by your 'logic' then we should rename her to Doris the bullet-dodger or more accurately The High-tech Laser dodger (or Lady Luck herself).

Oh I win. redjump You're twisting it when its convenient for you, you want to take out all the good parts and leave the bad? Hell naw! If you are gonna point out the attacks they have and all the great stuff, talk about what they get killed by as well, its hardly fair that you can involve powerups from thier games, but won't involve what they get killed by, if you are gonna ignore what they get killed by, then powerups dont count in this either, the thread maker didnt point out powerups are allowed in his first thread smile

So there :P

Mushrooms own ^^

And like I said, if a musroom can kill Mario, a fish can kill Zelda, and a green blob can kill Samus, what chance to they stand against Seph who only dies to cloud after a major battle, Cloud who takes damage from soldiers and giant dragons and Vincent who doesnt literally die at all messed

IceJaw
Scenario 2:
Team Nintendo with equipment from only one game.

kamikz
You're twisting it when its convenient for you, you want to take out all the good parts and leave the bad? Hell naw! If you are gonna point out the attacks they have and all the great stuff, talk about what they get killed by as well, its hardly fair that you can involve powerups from thier games, but won't involve what they get killed by, if you are gonna ignore what they get killed by, then powerups dont count in this either, the thread maker didnt point out powerups are allowed in his first thread smile

So there :P

Mushrooms own ^^

And like I said, if a musroom can kill Mario, a fish can kill Zelda, and a green blob can kill Samus, what chance to they stand against Seph who only dies to cloud after a major battle, Cloud who takes damage from soldiers and giant dragons and Vincent who doesnt literally die at all messed

That's silly, I could take any enemy from FF7, like let's say a normal thug! Now Cloud plus TWO COMPANIONS can be beaten by a normal thug. Damn he sucks...

Seriously though, we cannot compare like that. Link has never ever lost to his enemies in the game, no matter how big no matter how small, it is just pure gameplay! Same is with Cloud, I don't think we have seen him being taken out by one thug while having two of his companions with him. It could happen if the player sucks, but it wouldn't happen for Cloud, same deal for the others.

IceJaw
Exactly, like Kamikz and I said, there are several reasons why stuff-tha- never-happens-according-to-the-story- or game mechanic based comparisons don't work, are not logical and should definitely not be used.

Pulse2
If thats the case, power ups shouldn't be allowed either, cos all battlers would be pretty much godly. Lmao, I don't see an end to this battle.

smile

IceJaw
You're riding a boat that's sinking la la la la.

(Kamikz forced me erm)

kamikz
"IceJaw forced himself on me"

....................... jkstick out tongue

MadMel
you 2 cut out the funny mind trick stuff...lets gewt back to proving that team nintendo kicks ass..

Pulse2
you 2 cut out the funny mind trick stuff...lets gewt back to proving that team nintendo kicks ass.. Never! Let them romance smile Its better then being faced with the fact Link would get sliced like cheeze.

Cloud_VII
Never! Let them romance smile Its better then being faced with the fact Link would get sliced like cheeze.
Ditto

dirkdirden
Ditto
Ditto his Ditto

Cloud_VII
Ditto his Ditto
Ditto his Ditto his Ditto

dirkdirden
Ditto his Ditto his Ditto

Ditto your ditto that dittos my ditto of your ditto to his ditto and then ditto it again.

Cloud_VII
Ditto your ditto that dittos my ditto of your ditto to his ditto and then ditto it again.
smile sad embarrasment big grin wink stick out tongue cool roll eyes (sarcastic) mad eek!

kamikz
you 2 cut out the funny mind trick stuff...lets gewt back to proving that team nintendo kicks ass..

Stop spoiling......

And yup, FF loses! It's funny how people are just being biased, nothing wrong about liking something, but being in a debate, and trying to get other people to see it the same way, is just ridicilous......

Cloud_VII
*coughomnislashversion5cough*

kamikz
"coughwouldn'tmattercough"

Cloud_VII
Lol...I'm not getting into this since there's too much too discuss anyway.

kamikz
? Ok?

Pulse2
Originally posted by kamikz
Stop spoiling......

And yup, FF loses! It's funny how people are just being biased, nothing wrong about liking something, but being in a debate, and trying to get other people to see it the same way, is just ridicilous...... One thing, watch Advent Children, then all your thoughts about FF will slowly vanish, and don't tell me you've seen it because I won't believe you smile

IceJaw
I have watched the movie, like 4 times (pretty sure Kamikz has too)

and..
Stop spoiling......

And yup, FF loses! It's funny how people are just being biased, nothing wrong about liking something, but being in a debate, and trying to get other people to see it the same way, is just ridicilous......

Pulse2
I have watched the movie, like 4 times (pretty sure Kamikz has too)

and.. Good, so then I need say nothing. FF wins smile

Did I mention how you lot spam too much.

kamikz
Lol, tell that to your friends instead, who spent half the other page replying, "ditto", "ditto his ditto, lolz, hihpwnsz"

And no, FF loses....

IceJaw
Good, so then I need say nothing. FF wins smile

Did I mention how you lot spam too much. We spam? roll eyes (sarcastic) "Ditto, ditto, ditto, DITTO!!!", ring any bells?

Quote something considered as spam that does not include the word "forced" and isn't some crappy ass song, ok?

Pulse2
Lol, tell that to your friends instead, who spent half the other page replying, "ditto", "ditto his ditto, lolz, hihpwnsz"

And no, FF loses.... Lmao, not my friends, not my friends at all, I thought maybe they were urs.

And FF always wins ^^ Cloud owns :P

kamikz
My friends? They were agreeing with your point and spamming maybe 6 posts, and you just ignore them, yet calling being forced in one post spamming?

And no, FF loses. They can't hurt invinsible people, and their swords cannot cut through armor that resists lava, acid, and has a shield around it which can resist laser beams for a while.

Cloud_VII
Sephiroth can turn the entire nintendo team to stone.

kamikz
Gameplay!

And no, doom doesn't work if the target cannot die, so point moot!

Cloud_VII
Being petrified counts as a loss.

kamikz
Read again!

IceJaw
You sure you're not talking about Safer Seph now? Who has Seph petrified other than fangirls?

Pulse2
My friends? They were agreeing with your point and spamming maybe 6 posts, and you just ignore them, yet calling being forced in one post spamming?

And no, FF loses. They can't hurt invinsible people, and their swords cannot cut through armor that resists lava, acid, and has a shield around it which can resist laser beams for a while. Did I say you in particualar was spamming, lol, it was them I was talking to :P lmao.

And lava? Acid? Lmao, who said Seph sword was made of Lava or Acid? I doubt you even know what his sword is made of, how do you even know its made of metal? The game doesn't tell you anything, so you're just assuming, therefore, Mario, Link and Samus can still be sliced like cheeze ^^ lmao.

Or petrified and turned to stone, or instantly killed with death, like you said, powerups are allowed, how about drowned with the power of Lavaithan, or turned over by Titan, or blasted to bits by Neo Brahamut smile Give up yet? Lol

kamikz
Did I say you in particualar was spamming, lol, it was them I was talking to :P lmao.

And lava? Acid? Lmao, who said Seph sword was made of Lava or Acid? I doubt you even know what his sword is made of, how do you even know its made of metal? The game doesn't tell you anything, so you're just assuming, therefore, Mario, Link and Samus can still be sliced like cheeze ^^ lmao.

Or petrified and turned to stone, or instantly killed with death, like you said, powerups are allowed, how about drowned with the power of Lavaithan, or turned over by Titan, or blasted to bits by Neo Brahamut smile Give up yet? Lol

You were? Why did you quote IceJaw then? And why didn't you say so in the second post? I'm confused.... confused

"Lmao, lmao, lmao, lmao".....

Don't you get it? Of course I'm not assuming that Seph's sword is made of lava, I'm showing the durability of Samus armor. If you cannot prove what Seph's sword is made of, or show it is capable of cutting an armor made maybe thousands of years later with better technology, then keep quiet.

All those are gameplay. I missed where Cloud or Seph used to turn people into stones, except for gameplay. Prove up, or shut up!
And since it does not work on people with protection, and those who cannot physically be harmed, I again, see no reason why Mario or Link should fear....

Ok, I think all agrees that team Nintendo wins the first one. The second one is a bit tougher, but they take that one as well.
Let's say it is Paper Mario, who can turn invinsible, and do loads of crap.
Let's say Link is A Link to the Past Link, which has the full triforce, meaning he can just make a wish that Seph, Cloud and Vin die, and they do.....
Samus can be the latest version of Samus, who could use one single blast to cover the whole area they're fighting in, killing these 3 instantly. They have showed nothing to resist this....

This is just turning into feat wars. But it doesn't really matter. You name all these attacks that they will use, but you refuse to admit that non of them will hurt neither Mario or Link, and possibly Samus, because they cannot be wounded when they put themselfs in those states. It doesn't matter if Sephrioth throws "Thousand hounds with glowing eyes", cause it won't damage them. Get it? Give up yet?

dirkdirden
Again I really don't have to say anything but ditto.

I guess I could put that Haste, Wall, and Life 2 would make all three of them rather unkillable, and sense we aren't limited by game mechanics knights of the round would summon King Arthur and all twelve of his knights to whomp some ass, and a little W-summon would bring them back to do it again.

But you guys are fanboys after all so it will take a lot more than 13 huge summons and spells that raise the dead over and over and over again to change your mind.

kamikz
Lol! Yeah, I bet they'll all go throw those 3 spells (which does not give any immortality what so ever) before they get killed..... Right....

And since when are we going with gameplay as well? Did I miss a post?
Doesn't really matter anyway, King Arthur cannot hurt invinsible people either, and I fail to see how he would prove as such a meanicing threat anyway, he cannot hurt them.

And all this is irrelevant, since all Link has to do is use the triforce to kill them. ALTTP Link = Full triforce. Full triforce = Absolute power, able to do anything...

dirkdirden
Lol! Yeah, I bet they'll all go throw those 3 spells (which does not give any immortality what so ever) before they get killed..... Right....

And since when are we going with gameplay as well? Did I miss a post?
Doesn't really matter anyway, King Arthur cannot hurt invinsible people either, and I fail to see how he would prove as such a meanicing threat anyway, he cannot hurt them.

And all this is irrelevant, since all Link has to do is use the triforce to kill them. ALTTP Link = Full triforce. Full triforce = Absolute power, able to do anything...

http://kawatarou.info/image/web/zelda_funky.jpg
LINK: "OMFG what do I do fairy they are just too strong."
FAIRY: "stop being such a gay and just die already."

vanice
The End...

stick out tongue

It has been proved over and over again, I don't know haw many times, that Link wins over Sephiroth. Link can defeat the other two as well, even without the triforce. Not both at the same time perhaps. However, with the triforce, as Kamikz has said a couple of times now, he pwns them.

the end.

dirkdirden

vanice
http://kawatarou.info/image/web/zelda_funky.jpg
LINK: "OMFG what do I do fairy they are just too strong."
FAIRY: "stop being such a gay and just die already."

It's nice that you reminded me. OOT Link can reincarnate FOUR times, because of faries. But he wouldn't have to use them since he can make himself invincible.

kamikz

MetaHybrid
I'm a Zelda fan, but I'll take the Final Fantasy side to make dirkdirden
happy, and hopefully shed some new light on this topic :P

Link can only make himself invulnerable using shields for a limited time. He would soon run out of magic, and can only restore it using blue potions. If he carries blue potions then he is also giving up some of his faires to revive him. When he runs out of magic, that's the time Team Final Fantasy will gang up on him. Also, Link only gets the Triforce once, and he immdetailty uses it once he gets it. So it can be disputed if Link can (if ever) use the Triforce in a battle. Since the only time he could have it in a match is if it took place directly after the match after Ganon, would he have it in this battle? confused

Link facing Superman with the Triforce? How? He would have to remake the Triforce in order to use it, and thats basically using outside help. (Zelda Ganon)

Woo!

kamikz
I congratulate you, cause you're (unlike the others) basing this on something, and not just posting useless feats.

Actually it's green potions. stick out tongue
But it wouldn't really matter in that case. Say he got 4 bottles, well either he takes 4 green potions, meaning he can do the invincibility about.... 20 times, or he takes 2, making it 8 times. That's enough...

Well that could be argued yes, so it's a matter of how you think. We could leave it in, or we could go without it, for the sake of arguments, let's go without it in this case...

But the thing that is lacking here, is that you're putting Link against all of them alone. (Or maybe you just meant to talk about those feats that Link has, sorry if so), this also has Mario and Samus.

Well the same deal is with the star rod which is in paper mario's possesion. He can just do exactly the same thing as Link's triforce. So the FF team is dead.

dirkdirden
Originally posted by vanice
It's nice that you reminded me. OOT Link can reincarnate FOUR times, because of faries. But he wouldn't have to use them since he can make himself invincible.

All the Invincible cape, and nayru's love would do is drain his magic because he's to slow to catch him and he can fly. So being Invincible would only help Link if he can be Invincible for ever an he can't.

Sephiroth can reincarnate as well, but he wouldn't need to because Life 2 resurrects him automatically, not that he would die in the first place.

Let me add some more to list. Wall, Haste, Life 2, Regain, and auto potion.

MetaHybrid
Right right, green potions :P

Cloud also has Debarrier, so even when Link has a barrier on Cloud can easily dispell it and even combine it with some crazy attack when he does.* Now the StarRod is strong but still a weak wish granter, and I doubt would be able to do things like the Triforce can.

*I never played FF7 just going by what I have learnt in other debates.

kamikz

Pulse2

dirkdirden
How can you wish someone dead if they are already dead? That doesnt make sense to me.

I don't think he understands that Vincent is dead.

Also they would have life 2 casted and would come back to live, and if they really wanted to they could cast Zombie on themselves and become dead like Vincent, and then Vincent would silence Mario then no more wish casting.

kamikz
Game freaking play, dammit.

Besides, Life in FF is un-canon. I wonder why no one in the FF team cast life when Sephrioth killed one of their members in a cut scene. Answere: They CAN'T.

So, Vincent can die in all games he stars in can he not? That's what I thought. And if not, here's how it goes...

He wishes Seph and Cloud dead, Vincent is left. They cut of his head and his arms, Vincent can be dead all he wants so he won't be to use anyway.

Now that I defeated the point, I can go back to the "not gonna debate this anymore, bye"

dirkdirden
Game freaking play, dammit.

Besides, Life in FF is un-canon. I wonder why no one in the FF team cast life when Sephrioth killed one of their members in a cut scene. Answere: They CAN'T.

So, Vincent can die in all games he stars in can he not? That's what I thought. And if not, here's how it goes...

He wishes Seph and Cloud dead, Vincent is left. They cut of his head and his arms, Vincent can be dead all he wants so he won't be to use anyway.

Now that I defeated the point, I can go back to the "not gonna debate this anymore, bye"

Somthing smells like burnt fanboy.........O yeah thats just kamikz.

MetaHybrid

Besides, Life in FF is un-canon. I wonder why no one in the FF team cast life when Sephrioth killed one of their members in a cut scene. Answere: They CAN'T."

Oh, Oh, I got a good one for this. If Bowser could just wish Mario dead, why didn't he? Answer: because the StarRod CAN'T

IceJaw
Which leaves the Triforce which according to Dirk is omgwtfLAME, you're sure showing us you're a hater, good work. thumb up

Why are you defending the FF7 team who're fighting a INVINCIBLE team btw, why? 'Cause you feel you have to defend your favourite prettyboys no matter what?

After all this Link yadery you've totally forgotten about Samus who could just spam missiles at them and they're not immune to high tech missiles btw.

Oh, before I forget, don't use arguments including FF7 team having the materia needed to do spells like slow and haste or hastega unless they got them according to the story line.

kamikz
Originally posted by MetaHybrid
Oh, Oh, I got a good one for this. If Bowser could just wish Mario dead, why didn't he? Answer: because the StarRod CAN'T

LOL! That is wrong. The stars removed some of the starrods power when Mario confronted Bowser, and even if he could, he wouldn't have to, CAUSE HE HAD A CHOICE!

Also, wouldn't you revive your friend when she died? Of course they would, they had no reason not to. Saying they had a choice to revive her but didn't is out of the question, OF ****ING COURSE THEY WOULD! Bowser didn't have to kill Mario, he had a choice! It's the same as Ganondorf who had the power to ****ing trash his own tower when he was on the brink of fainting and losing his power, he could have trashed Link before, but he didn't. Underestimating your opponent can have a very negetive effect on you.

And this doesn't matter, with the starrod, Mario is ALWAYS invincible, it doesn't wear off. FF = Lost!

kamikz
Somthing smells like burnt fanboy.........O yeah thats just kamikz.

Nice refute. Would you want me to state everytime you made a point, "lolz, he is teh fanbaj", you are making it impossible to debate with you anymore, and you don't even accept any of our points, you just state new useless feats, or this crap above!. You have lost!

Swe_Bum
Is this thred still alive? laughing

Seriously this is Pwnage. Team Nintendo kills them almost instantly.

MetaHybrid
Which leaves the Triforce which according to Dirk is omgwtfLAME, you're sure showing us you're a hater, good work. thumb up

Why are you defending the FF7 team who're fighting a INVINCIBLE team btw, why? 'Cause you feel you have to defend your favourite prettyboys no matter what?

After all this Link yadery you've totally forgotten about Samus who could just spam missiles at them and they're not immune to high tech missiles btw.

Oh, before I forget, don't use arguments including FF7 team having the materia needed to do spells like slow and haste or hastega unless they got them according to the story line.

ummmmmmm. I think I stated ealier that I'm a fan of Zelda. The only Final Fantasy I own is Cystal Chronicles and III for the Snes. I own just about every Zelda, Metroid , and a shit ton of Mario games. I haven't even played FFVII before.

The thing is. You guys haven't really come up with a way to beat Team FFVII. Yes I know yoy brought up the StarRod, and I guess that's completly fair to the rules since he does get it.

However, if Mario doesn't use it, they could still probably win. You guys can still continue to debate, while not having a instant kill weapon like the Triforce or StarRod (or BeanStar roll eyes (sarcastic) ), then maybe some people could take you more seroiusly.

Don't worry kamikz , I take you seroiusly. wink

kamikz
Huh? What do you mean, "Don't worry Kamikz, I take you seriousley"? An insult right?

Anyway, ok, if we take away all those things that are instakills, let's see how team Nintendo can beat them...

In all honesty, how will Cloud (who flee from two guys with normal guns in that motorcycle ride, however, there might be something to that, I don't know. If so, explain), Sephiroth or Vincent escape from missiles that exist in a far later universe. They are homing and super fast, Samus herself can dash in supersonic speed. And she got laser, which moves to fast to dodge basically, and beams which cover whole areas. (Watch the new SSBB video to get a clue)

That's Samus, now the other two, we got Link, who is really, really good, though has different things depending on which game. If we would take his Majoras Mask equipment and skills, he can turn into the fierce deity (I'll talk a little about it later on, gonna try to shed some light), a giant, or pratically invisible. He can drink chateau milk which gives him unlimited magic for days, and has shitloads of other weapons to his disposal, not to talk about his excellent sword skills, defeating people like Odolwa (a giant tribal warrior with sword and shield, and magics to his disposal) and the 3 skelletons in the warrior community of Ikana, where one is stated to be the best swordsman in the whole place....

Mario without the starrod is probably the worst out of these three (though I might be wrong), but he can still shoot fire, possibly use stars and other things that are given to him in Paper Mario....

I don't see the FF team beating that. Even if they might have the firepower to kill some of them, how would they be able to use it when they are constantly running from supersonic speed homin missiles, beams, giant people swinging swords all over, fire balls, etc. I don't see the FF team for all their might get out of this one....

About the Fierce Diety. Of course I know this is just speculation, but if you think logically, shouldn't the Fierce Diety have other powers to it's disposal except just the ones showed in gameplay.
For example, Majoras Mask is one friggin powerful character, one of the most powerful in the whole Zelda series. He turns people into children and deku scrubs, pulls a moon out of orbit, causes whole terrains to turn to snow and freeze, etc. However, in battle, he can do what? Grow legs and run around...

The Zelda series has always been like this. Another example...
Zant in Twilight Princess. Who didn't think while playing the game, "How the **** will I beat that guy?", who comes in and tears everyone apart, getting one of the light spirits (who are like demigods) to fly away effortlessly, and turns Link into a wolf like nothing, even making Midna look like a fool. And yet again, when you face him, he can shoot glowing red balls.....

I honestly think that there is more to the Fierce Deitys power than what we know, the name speaks more of it than just a powerful sword. It is speculated to have the same dark power as Majora, or possibly stronger. Not saying I will use this in the debate, but well, just so people would think about it...

And MeatHybrid, being a Zelda fan doesn't mean you have to let them win, I'm a Zelda fan, but I seriously think they're gonna win, doesn't make me biased. Just saying... stick out tongue

MetaHybrid
Didn't read your whole post. No It wasn't an insult. I do take you seriously. Maybe I shouldn't have put the wink

Anyways going to read it now.

kamikz
Ok lol!

dirkdirden

kamikz
"The one who touches it will have their wish granted, is that not what you said Ganondorf?". That's well basically the quote from TWW, "their wish granted". There are no restrictions, in ALTTP Link brings people BACK from the dead, why couldn't it kill people? The king of Hyrule wishes that Ganondorf will drown with Hyrule, isn't that killing someone? Why yes it is....

MetaHybrid
"The one who touches it will have their wish granted, is that not what you said Ganondorf?". That's well basically the quote from TWW, "their wish granted". There are no restrictions, in ALTTP Link brings people BACK from the dead, why couldn't it kill people? The king of Hyrule wishes that Ganondorf will drown with Hyrule, isn't that killing someone? Why yes it is....

Yeah, Link does bring back people from the dead. But Ganondorf drowning is a result of the King's wish, which is for Hyrule to be lost in the ocean. Ganondorf drowning is a result of the King's wish, he isn't directly killing him. (Still Triforce is instant win anyway)

Samus has never really had a beam that takes up a whole area, that's just in SSBB. Just Like how Link never had a Omnislash attack which is also in SSBB. Samus probably doesn't have a weapon like that in her games.

The Firece Deity probably does have alot more strength than actually shown. This might be because Link is just borrowing a small portion of it's power, or because it hasn't fully been revived like Majora's Mask......or something.

kamikz
Well yeah, though he says something, "Ganondorf, may you drown with Hyrule". Maybe he couldn't get up after that, but we will never know since he turned to stone!
But, yeah well I agree....

Nah, but she has some big ass beams, and if she aims one, they're gonna have to move at the same speed as she just turns her arm, which they aren't fast enough for. I don't believe they can do that, I even more doubt they can fight in that state....

Yeah, well I believe it is because of the restrictions of the gameplay. We may never know. DUN DUN DUN!

IceJaw
Originally posted by MetaHybrid
ummmmmmm. I think I stated ealier that I'm a fan of Zelda. The only Final Fantasy I own is Cystal Chronicles and III for the Snes. I own just about every Zelda, Metroid , and a shit ton of Mario games. I haven't even played FFVII before.

The thing is. You guys haven't really come up with a way to beat Team FFVII. Yes I know yoy brought up the StarRod, and I guess that's completly fair to the rules since he does get it.

However, if Mario doesn't use it, they could still probably win. You guys can still continue to debate, while not having a instant kill weapon like the Triforce or StarRod (or BeanStar roll eyes (sarcastic) ), then maybe some people could take you more seroiusly.

Don't worry kamikz , I take you seroiusly. wink
Errr, that was CLEARLY directed towards Dirk, even a monkey would understand that, possibly 'cause I said 'Dirk'!

Wait, is this your way of saying you're his sock? barker

Spamming homing missiles wouldn't kill them? Or just shoot them with either Sonicboom (splits their atoms and has a big blast radius) or a extra charged shot from her Wave beam (It is not stopped by walls and is made up of pure electrical energy. The projectile turns back and forth in a path shaped like a sine wave, hence the name "Wave Beam".) and why did I mention these two? I'll tell you why, it's cause they're impossible to evade.

Name one good reason why Mario wouldn't and shouldn't use it.

You Metahybrid, fail. barker

MetaHybrid
Errr, that was CLEARLY directed towards Dirk, even a monkey would understand that, possibly 'cause I said 'Dirk'! barker

Spamming homing missiles wouldn't kill them? Or just shoot them with either Sonicboom (splits their atoms and has a big blast radius) or a extra charged shot from her Wave beam (It is not stopped by walls and is made up of pure electrical energy. The projectile turns back and forth in a path shaped like a sine wave, hence the name "Wave Beam".) and why did I mention these two? I'll tell you why, it's cause they're impossible to evade.

Name one good reason why Mario wouldn't and shouldn't use it.

You Metahybrid, fail. barker

My bad, didn't catch the Dirk, in your post, also it was right after mine so I misunderstood. If the Sonic boom is so strong, why does it take more than one to kill a grenchier in Prime 2? confused

Also I'm not sure you read this right but I said that using the StarRod is completely fair. I never said he couldn't use it, but I challenged kamikz not to.

IceJaw? Fail? wink

EDIT: I also know that Samus's weapons are extremely strong, so I'm working on a way to counter that. I haven't forgot about her.

dirkdirden
They wouldn't need a counter for her beam becuase the best defence is a good offence. Bust a knights of the round summon and then attack. Samus is good but not good enough to fight of 13 summons while getting shot at by vincent. and even if she can fight off all 13 summons they are going to come right back after she finishes them due to W-summon. There is no way they can win if FF7 team has there magic.

NAME: Dispell
MP COST: 20
TYPE: Dispell
MATERIA: Destruct
TARGETS: One enemy
EFFECT: Negates all positive statuses from target enemy.

NAME: DeBarrier
MP COST: 12
TYPE: Dispell
MATERIA: Destruct
TARGETS: One enemy
EFFECT: Negates all barriers from target enemy

NAME: Shield
MP COST: 180
TYPE: Defensive
MATERIA: Shield
TARGETS: One ally
EFFECT: Creates a protective shield around target ally that absorbs all magical attacks and negates many physical attacks.

kamikz
Comon, you actuallt think 13 KNIGHTS (you know, guys from the middle-age vs someone with hi-tech armor that bombs can barley force their way through) are gonna stop Samus? And you do know that they have to perform some ceratin moves to do that, heck do you even know if they CAN summon them? Show me proof that they can...

And Samus can move in SUPERSONIC SPEED, they won't get a chance to attack before her, and if they stand still they die, I doubt they live even if they move. 13 knights won't do shit against any of them, and she will kill them instantly, they will be occupied for all the time with dodging, Link and Mario can finish them off.

Doesn't shield just reduce damage? Besides, no canon facts or logic prove they got it, only gameplay, and nothing shows they will get it up before they die!

Give up, stop posting useless feats. FF team has lost!

dirkdirden

IceJaw
And they got that summon materia and those magic spells according to the story line?

I know they didn't, useless argument, read my previous post for f*ck sake. barker

And you actually think Samus is just going to stand there while they perform their spells and whatnot? It's not like they were performing them at the speed of light, I know Samus can move at supersonic speeds and simply just ram 'em so they explode.

And for f*ck sake, Vincent's gun's just a overgrown revolver, low-f*cking-tech vs futuristic High tech, and at least attempt to bring proof of that his bullets won't just bounce off the surface her Shields.

IceJaw
And you have yet to tell us how the f*ck they'd evade something they can't evade, Sonicboom & extra charged shot from her wave beam or even her crapload homing multi lock on missiles.

Cloud_VII
Cloud and everyone else did use materia in the FF7 storyline. In AC, Yuffie noticed that she didn't have any of the materia she usually uses. She asks Tifa who was using their materia, and Tifa tells her they're being used by the bad guys.

Cloud keeps all of the cast's materia in a chest. They have been using materia in the original game.

As for which materia they use canonically, I guess I should ask a similar question. What weapons has Samus used canonically? What spells and items has Link used canonically? and what items and accessories has Mario used canonically? If there's no proof that any of these characters have used everything they have in their games, and if you're using them in a debate, then people can use all the materia from FF7 here.

With certain materia, The FF7 team can hasten themselves while slowing down the Nintendo team significantly, and to top it off, they can increase their speed even more. They can also manipulate the other team and command them to do what they want. They can lower their shields, or just put them to sleep. In fact, they can turn the Nintendo team into frogs, or better yet hand-held items. There's more the FF7 team can do in this fight but I think I'll stop here for now.

kamikz
No, they didn't. You show gameplay, we want canon material, but you cannot get that. Oh to bad!

And once again, how will a freaking knight cut armor that has a shield and can resist bomb blasts? Answer, they can't. I wonder why people in our world don't use swords when they take out tanks.... OH THAT*S RIGHT, IT DOESN*T WORK!

And Cloud + team will be dead when Samus fires her weapon. They will have to avoid it. Have you actually watched them perform magical moves in FF? They have to stand to their hand motions in about 5 seconds, 5 seconds = dead Cloud + team....

Cloud_VII
No, they didn't. You show gameplay, we want canon material, but you cannot get that. Oh to bad!

And once again, how will a freaking knight cut armor that has a shield and can resist bomb blasts? Answer, they can't. I wonder why people in our world don't use swords when they take out tanks.... OH THAT*S RIGHT, IT DOESN*T WORK!

And Cloud + team will be dead when Samus fires her weapon. They will have to avoid it. Have you actually watched them perform magical moves in FF? They have to stand to their hand motions in about 5 seconds, 5 seconds = dead Cloud + team....
Now is there anything here worth countering? Nope.

IceJaw
With certain materia. The FF7 team can hasten themselves while slowing down the Nintendo team significantly, and to top it off, they can increase their speed even more. They can also manipulate the other team and command them to do what they want. They can lower their shields, or just put them to sleep. In fact, they can turn the Nintendo team into frogs, or better yet hand-held items. There's more the FF7 team can do in this fight but I think I'll stop here for now.
I can see you didn't think this through before you posted.

All of Samus items are acquired canonically, why? 'Cause:
1.) She needs them to move forward in the story and the game.
2.) The items she gets aren't found and used just to make the player have an easier time beating the crap out of bosses, which exactly what they're for in Final fantasy. Have you ever heard Barret say "oh, let's go get ultimate end to beat the #@&% out Sephiroth in instant!" during the story?

Same thing with Link.

Most of Mario's items are canonically acquired, like his hammers and boots, the stars from Paper Mario and Mario 64, the Chrystal stars from Paper Mario 2 and items that just happened to be in the same treasure chest as the/a/an , you get the point.

kamikz
Now is there anything here worth countering? Nope.

Lol, you CAN'T even counter it. I defeated your points there. Here let me show you...

You argue gameplay. Gameplay = False. Gameplay = No logic.
You wanna argue power, argue something that the characters actually have in their possesion, not some stupid gameplay feats...

Swords don't work on shields and super armor far above our technology. It would be like hitting a sword against a tank, which wouldn't work at all.

And lastly, if she shoots a rocket, which is homing (meaning it will follow him around even if he dodges it) and moves far above a human's speed, then how the hell will they get away from it? And they certainly to no degree, can toss magics while trying to avoid it, they have to do hand motions and focus to do it.

See, I did put valuable points, you just couldn't argue it.

Cloud_VII
I can see you didn't think this through before you posted.

All of Samus items are acquired canonically, why? 'Cause:
1.) She needs them to move forward in the story and the game.
2.) The items she gets aren't found and used just to make the player have an easier time beating the crap out of bosses, which exactly what they're for in Final fantasy. Have you ever heard Barret say "oh, let's go get ultimate end to beat the #@&% out Sephiroth in instant!" during the story?

Same thing with Link.

Most of Mario's items are canonically acquired, like his hammers and boots, the stars from Paper Mario and Mario 64, the Chrystal stars from Paper Mario 2 and items that just happened to be in the same treasure chest as the/a/an , you get the point.
I was asking which weapons Samus has used canonically. Tell me, which weapons did she use in the story?

IceJaw
She has to use all of them, it's part of the whole Metroid typical plot, everyone knows that.

Everywhere in the games you see obstacle A that you have to destroy it with item B, in this case weapon B, but you don't have weapon B, you have to find it, you find weapon B and you then HAVE to use it to get past/destroy obstacle A.

Same thing in the Zelda and the latest Mario games.

Pulse2
Lol, you CAN'T even counter it. I defeated your points there. Here let me show you...

You wanna argue power, argue something that the characters actually have in their possesion, not some stupid gameplay feats...

Swords don't work on shields and super armor far above our technology. It would be like hitting a sword against a tank, which wouldn't work at all.

And lastly, if she shoots a rocket, which is homing (meaning it will follow him around even if he dodges it) and moves far above a human's speed, then how the hell will they get away from it? And they certainly to no degree, can toss magics while trying to avoid it, they have to do hand motions and focus to do it.

See, I did put valuable points, you just couldn't argue it. Lmao, you are the biggest contradictor I have ever seen, lol, first of all you mention only gameplay, okay, so I say that team Nintendo would get mega owned, cos they get owned in their own games by the most simple of creatures such as mushrooms, you tell be thats not allowed, yet star rods and other things the characters dont start off with but gain throught thier games are allowed, how is that fair, then we use the fact that FF team have magic, Cloud can easily use petrification as he has it, it oonly doesnt work against bosses, and you can understand the reasoning behind that, not only that, Vincent which I've stated is already dead, and Sehiroth can be reborn and revitalised over and over again, not to mention the virus he spreads that can slowly destroy humans and life as we know it, only Cloud being able to stop it, then you tell us thats not allowed, only gameplay, and then you go on to talk about fleeing from thugs? Not to mention you stated you were leaving this thread over 8 or so times now, dunno wasn't counting, but it was a lot. If they could use these instant kill items, why would team Nintendo even have a game? You'd be able to run through all Mario games and use the star rod to kill everything in sight. Yet he still gets killed by mushrooms.

So basically you are changing things around when you feel like it so that team Nintendo doesn't loose. If you are going to make this fair take one thing and stick to it, if death from FF cant effect Team Nintendo, why can the star rod instanly kill Team FF, wtf? See what I mean, and you blankly say that they can't be effected by Sephs sword, but yet, you have no idea on Earth what his sword is made of, or even what it is capable of slashing in half. Lets just say team Nintendo win alright, if it makes you happier, that way this immature and rather biased VS match can be laid to rest and both you and I can ACTUALLY leave this thread like you yourself said you would.

Cloud_VII

See, I did put valuable points, you just couldn't argue it.
- Nope. Don't see where you did.

- Isn't that what you've been using throughout the entire debate?

- Shields would destroyed; any kind of armor doesn't counter even most spells in the FF7 realm. You argue about shields and advanced technology. FF7 characters can harness various magical defensive shields. Magical shields >>> physical. What's funny is that the FF7 team can command the other team to do what they want. They can make Samus take off her armor and make her pose while Cloud gets ready to an Omnislash, etc.

- What would rockets do to a magical shield? And Cloud can shoot out a beam from his sword to destory the missile while it's in the air. Sephiroth can just use his mind to send them at the Nintendo team due to his ability to control things with his mind. They can focus on casting magic spells while Samus is attacking because that's what shields are for. They have the option of stopping the other team in time, manipulating them, transforming them, etc.

kamikz
Lmao, you are the biggest contradictor I have ever seen, lol, first of all you mention only gameplay, okay, so I say that team Nintendo would get mega owned, cos they get owned in their own games by the most simple of creatures such as mushrooms, you tell be thats not allowed, yet star rods and other things the characters dont start off with but gain throught thier games are allowed, how is that fair, then we use the fact that FF team have magic, Cloud can easily use petrification as he has it, it oonly doesnt work against bosses, and you can understand the reasoning behind that, not only that, Vincent which I've stated is already dead, and Sehiroth can be reborn and revitalised over and over again, not to mention the virus he spreads that can slowly destroy humans and life as we know it, only Cloud being able to stop it, then you tell us thats not allowed, only gameplay, and then you go on to talk about fleeing from thugs? Not to mention you stated you were leaving this thread over 8 or so times now, dunno wasn't counting, but it was a lot. If they could use these instant kill items, why would team Nintendo even have a game? You'd be able to run through all Mario games and use the star rod to kill everything in sight. Yet he still gets killed by mushrooms.

So basically you are changing things around when you feel like it so that team Nintendo doesn't loose. If you are going to make this fair take one thing and stick to it, if death from FF cant effect Team Nintendo, why can the star rod instanly kill Team FF, wtf? See what I mean, and you blankly say that they can't be effected by Sephs sword, but yet, you have no idea on Earth what his sword is made of, or even what it is capable of slashing in half. Lets just say team Nintendo win alright, if it makes you happier, that way this immature and rather biased VS match can be laid to rest and both you and I can ACTUALLY leave this thread like you yourself said you would.

Are you ****ing retarded? As Icejaw and I have said several times, there is canon evidence that they got their abilities, UNLIKE the goddamn ****ing FF team. Tell me, where is the logic that Cloud cuts a guy in the head with a sword, suddenly, "Hey, I learn't a new magic when I killed this guy"? There is no logic to that, that is gameplay, it's just to make the game possible. If there was a cut scene where someone taught them I would be fine with it, but not here, not ever. I'm not contradicting, I am using feats that they HAVE got, unlike your FF team.

2 times, but you keep replying and insulting me afterwards, your ****ing making me come back. So I did...

WTF, "You have no idea what the sword is made of".
Then tell me what it's made of dammit. Oh, you can't? Well then you have NO POINT! STFU!

kamikz

- Shields would destroyed; any kind of armor doesn't counter even most spells in the FF7 realm. You argue about shields and advanced technology. FF7 characters can harness various magical defensive shields. Magical shields >>> physical. What's funny is that the FF7 team can command the other team to do what they want. They can make Samus take off her armor and make her pose while Cloud gets ready to an Omnislash, etc.

- What would rockets do to a magical shield? And Cloud can shoot out a beam from his sword to destory the missile while it's in the air. Sephiroth can just use his mind to send them at the Nintendo team due to his ability to control things with his mind. They can focus on casting magic spells while Samus is attacking because that's what shields are for. They have the option of stopping the other team in time, manipulating them, transforming them, etc.

You don't ****ing listen? Try to do that, that'll help. You are TOTALLY ignoring my points, they don't have those magics unless you prove they have. Now stop whining about those useless magics, THEY WON'T EVEN GET TIME TO DO THE HAND GESTURE AND FOCUS!

Wrong, how do you come to the conclusion "Magical shields > Physical" just like that? Got proof? Nope.
First of all, the only thing the shields in FF do is REDUCE the damage.
Second of all, they don't have a shield ability, because IT*S FREAKING GAMEPLAY!

Rockets would kill someone with a weak shield like the FF ones, and especially since they won't get time to use it OR the fact that they cannot use it!

You're the biggest freaking liar out there. FF team cannot stop time, they have to yet again make a gameplay feat with a big handmotion (very slow one) to SLOW DOWN the other team A LITTLE.
Also, they cannot see invisible people, so that mean's that when Link puts on the Stone mask, they cannot see him or hit him.

And Link has killed hundreds of dead people before. Play Ikana to see.

And did Sephiroth revive when he got killed by Cloud instantly? Nope, and again, cut off his head and he will be lying there, not able to do shit and can be "dead" all he wants..

IceJaw
Pulse, don't start, your repeated point is worthless.

- What would rockets do to a magical shield? And Cloud can shoot out a beam from his sword to destory the missile while it's in the air. Sephiroth can just use his mind to send them at the Nintendo team due to his ability to control things with his mind. They can focus on casting magic spells while Samus is attacking because that's what shields are for. They have the option of stopping the other team in time, manipulating them, transforming them, etc. Have you been ignoring our posts or are you in some trance of denial? First of all you show no proof whatsoever of where and when in the FF7 story they actually GET that materia, so your point in invalid and not worth even a penny I'm afraid.

Do you have proof of that "magical shields > 'physical'"? No wait, that whole point is invalid and Samus's shields are physical.

Command? Is that how Seph commanded Cloud to kill himself? 'Cause that never happened. Where's the proof? *looks under carpet*.

Who said there's only ONE missile? She's got more than a hundred. You know that he'd have to shoot or even react? I know that even guns of his time can bring him down, just look at the ending of AC for f*ck sake, just imagine what more than a hundred missiles would do.

Samus shoots and they're dead.

And for the love of God, if you're gonna ignore our posts we might as well just put you on our ignore lists.

kamikz
Well said IceJaw!

And I'm seriously telling you two, if you're gonna continue this debate, DON'T use the magics and materia arguements before you can prove it. I swear to god, you do that again without backing it up I'll become so angry I'm afraid I have to hurt myself!

MetaHybrid
Been away for awhile. Why exatcly can't Team Final Fantasy VII use their spells? Since it isn't part of the main storyline? As in, "Link can use the Goron Mask, since he got it in the main story. However Cloud can't use Knights of the Round or Stop, since it isn't part of the main storyline" is that whay you guys are saying?

kamikz
Exactly, we don't even know if Cloud can do magic at all, why should we just assume? It's a difference for Link, that for example, the great fairies who grants him the strenght. Now all of those might not be in the main storyline, but WE KNOW that Link is capable of it, even if it is optional, we know Link can have it. We do not know if Cloud can have it, killing some random enemies and learning a spell without even being taught is not what I'd call a source.

This means that we cannot give Cloud anything that shouldn't be in his skills, it would be like giving Tidus the powers like Death, Doublecast, Ultima, when he is just a blitzball player with no confirmation of those magics.

dirkdirden
you two are the dumbest mother ****s I have ever herd of.

Getting and using magic is just as much a part of FF7's story line as Link getting more hearts to increase his health. Link doesn't have to have more health he doesn't need more hearts to complete the story, but he gets them during the story just as clouds gets the magic during his story. To deny FF7 there magic would deny Link, Samus, and mario everything that they don't need to complete there stories. You are stupid fanboys trying to eliminate FF7's powers. Everything you get in FF7 in canon stop being a retard and saying it isn't.

Do a little experiment grab a shield and try to block someone hitting you with a sword the size of clouds and see what happens. F=M*A there is so much mass in the sword and he swings it with extreme acceleration so the force will be so much that link may block it but it will throw his ass to the ground or break his shield arm or knock the shield out of his hand. It's kind of like when you get shot while wearing with a bullet proof vest on it still knocks your ass down and hurts like a hell.

They don't have to hold still to cast a spell they can cast a spell while moving the game mechanics is the only reason they stand still. As for samus blocking the knights of the round that would be imposable each of them are 5 times larger than samus even if she tries to block it she is going to go flying, If they wanted to they could smack her ass into outer space.

It is also very clear that both of you are the two largest fanboys to walk the earth by the way you have to invalidate anything that can kill the Nintendo team.

Lana
Watch your mouth and cut out the hostility right now.

kamikz

dirkdirden

Lana
You really are retarded, and having a debate with a retard is something I'm not good at. When you play final fantasy 7(something you have never done before) each character can use something called materia, and the materia gives them magic and summons. I proved cloud can use summons with the link I posted because he uses a summon in the link I posted.

I'll use your own retarded logic. Prove link has a stone mask, prove Mario has a star rod, prove samus can shoot rockets.

and Lana sorry for the hostility I didn't realize that he was actually retarded if I did I wouldn't have started a debate with him.

Did I not just say to stop the namecalling?

Next case of hostility or namecalling will result in a warning for the person who does it and the thread closed. End of discussion.

kamikz
You really are retarded, and having a debate with a retard is something I'm not good at. When you play final fantasy 7(something you have never done before) each character can use something called materia, and the materia gives them magic and summons. I proved cloud can use summons with the link I posted because he uses a summon in the link I posted.

I'll use your own retarded logic. Prove link has a stone mask, prove Mario has a star rod, prove samus can shoot rockets.

and Lana sorry for the hostility I didn't realize that he was actually retarded if I did I wouldn't have started a debate with him.

You are seriously not getting this? Once again, if Cloud had it, how come it is totally abscent in every fight he has except for gameplay? Why don't he use it in AC? Why is there no logical explenation to why he gets these magics? Striking someone in the head with a sword and getting a new magic is NOT logic!

I don't need to prove it with a freakin link. Link aquires the stone mask after speaking to the soldier on the way to Ikana, healing his soul thus him giving Link the mask. Link aquires this mask, logically and obviously...

Seriously, you throw around the word "retarded" like a goddamn tennis ball. Actually if you would refute a single point and not keep spamming "but he has it" then we could actually work something out. You have no proof, and you have failed miserably when you've tried. The link was in gameplay, it has no value.

dirkdirden
Sorry I guess handicapped is a less offensive than retarded, next time I will use handicapped when referring to retards.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>