2008 Movies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Strangelove
Hey there! To continue with my little 'trademark' here are the movies that will be released in 2008, so far. I know it's early, but I want to make sure that someone else doesn't take it. And because it's early, I meticulously double- and even triple-checked the release dates wink

Just so people are familiar with my style, I mark all the movies that I'm interested in seeing in blue, just because I'm an arrogant prick like that. As I add movies, or if a release date is changes along the way, I mark those in green. And finally, all films in limited release are in italics

Also, I am an American, so these release dates are for the US. If you want me to look up a release date for another country, just alert me in this thread or through a PM and I'd be glad to help out smile

February
15- The Spiderwick Chronicles

March
14- Horton Hears a Who!

May
2- Iron Man
16- The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian
TBA- Indiana Jones 4, The Power of the Dark Crystal, Space Chimps, Where the Wild Things Are

June
6- Kung Fu Panda
27- The Incredible Hulk
23- Speed Racer
TBA- The Few, Hellboy 2: The Golden Army

July
2- Star Trek XI
18- The Dark Knight

November
7- Bond 22, Madagascar 2
21- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
TBA- The Smurfs

December
12- Angels & Demons

TBA 2008- 10,000 B.C., The A-Team, American Dog, Battle Royale, Benighted, The Brazlian Job, Bubba Nosferatu and the Curse of the She-Vampires, Car Wars, Cat Tale, Ender's Game, Fear Effect, Gnomeo and Juliet, The Gospel According to Janis, Halo, Hannibal the Conqueror, High Rise, Inglorious Bastards, Jackboots on Whitehall, Jurassic Park IV, Knight Rider, Marley & Me, Meg, Metal Gear Solid, The Mummy 3, Ollie the Otter, The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything: A VeggieTales Movie, Planet One, Punk Farm, Rambo IV: Pearl of Cobra, The Rum Diary, Scary Movie 5, Silence, Sin City 2, Sin City 3, The Spellman Files, Toy Story 3, Untitled Harold and Kumar Sequel, Watchmen, Will, The Wolf Man, Wolverine, World War Z

Alright, there it is. I know, there's a lot to be filled in, but as I said, I did it for purely selfish reasons.

wuTa
I'm not impressed with the casting of Iron Man. They are making a sequal to the Hulk? The ones I'm most looking foward to are....

1. Dark Knight
2. Sin City 2 and 3
3. Incredible Hulk
4. Iron Man (even tho my expecations are getting lower by the minute)
5. Wolverine/Hellboy 2

Unfortunetly I think Hollywood is gonna **** up Moore's Watchmen which would be a shame considering how great the novel is. Hannabal the Conquer could be sweet tho, I'm on the fence about Indy 4, its perfect as a trilogy. Why **** it up like they did with Star Wars by adding another one that isn't nearly as good?

Kram3r
Wow, as much as I know most of those films are assumed to be released in 2008 I hope it's correct.

Strangelove
Originally posted by wuTa
I'm not impressed with the casting of Iron Man.Better Roberts Downey Jr. than Tom Cruise

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by Strangelove
Better Roberts Downey Jr. than Tom Cruise

I don't know sick

wuTa

Thats true, but I would have prefered an unknown, or at least someone younger than Downey, and someone with more talent and sensibility than Cruise.

tabby999
I dunno whats gonna happen with Sin City 2 & 3 if Rodruigez isn't on board, he made the first movie what it was

Strangelove
Originally posted by tabby999
I dunno whats gonna happen with Sin City 2 & 3 if Rodruigez isn't on board, he made the first movie what it was ...Robert Rodrieguez is still on board blink

Dusty
I heard he wasn't for the third.

Strangelove
Originally posted by Dusty
I heard he wasn't for the third. I haven't heard anything otherwise

Lunch_Meat
Unfortunetly I think Hollywood is gonna **** up Moore's Watchmen which would be a shame considering how great the novel is.

I guess we'll have a pretty good idea in march with 300 if Snyder shows that he knows how to handle a graphic novel to movie.

wuTa
Originally posted by Lunch_Meat
I guess we'll have a pretty good idea in march with 300 if Snyder shows that he knows how to handle a graphic novel to movie.

I love Frank Miller, but his work has be proven to translate to film smoother than Moore's work, expescially if Miller's involved creativily. Every time they translate Moore's work it's not nearly as good as the novel, V for Vendetta is the only movie I thought did a halfway descent job, but it still wasn't as good as the book. And don't get me started on From Hell or League of Extraordinary Gentleman, if they can't get any of those 3 right, than I don't see them getting Watchmen right, which is the most complex, and least film adaptable of Moore's work.

spidey-dude
there making a captain america in 2008 right ?

Mišt
Awesome year for movies then w00t

Strangelove
Originally posted by spidey-dude
there making a captain america in 2008 right ? nope, 2009

Solo
There's no way a proper adaptation of The Watchmen can be made. They'd also have to rid of the side story (the comic the kid's reading at the comic book stand), which would be awful. Hopefully he pulls it off, but 300 looks awful.

The cast for Iron Man couldn't be better.

taste_u
I have nothing valuable to contribute here.

Strangelove
Update- May 23

January
11- The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything: A VeggieTales Movie
18- Fanboys

February
29- Babylon A.D.

March
7- 10,000 B.C.
14- Horton Hears a Who!, Spring Breakdown
28- Wanted

April
4- Be Kind Rewind
11- Foodfight!

May
2- Iron Man
9- Speed Racer
22- Indiana Jones 4
25- John Rambo
TBA- The Power of the Dark Crystal, Space Chimps

June
6- Kung Fu Panda
13-The Incredible Hulk
20- Get Smart
TBA- The Few

July
4- American Dog
11- The Mummy 3
18- The Dark Knight, Mamma Mia!

August
1- Hellboy 2: The Golden Army

October
3- Where the Wild Things Are

November
7- Bond 22, Madagascar 2
14- The Wolfman
TBA- The Smurfs

December
12- Angels & Demons
25- Star Trek

TBA 2008- The A-Team, Battle Royale, Benighted, Bubba Nosferatu and the Curse of the She-Vampires, Car Wars, Cat Tale, Ender's Game, Fear Effect, Gnomeo and Juliet, Gospel According to Janis, Hannibal the Conqueror, Harold and Kumar 2, High Rise, Inglorious Bastards, Jackboots on Whitehall, Jurassic Park IV, Knight Rider, Marley & Me, Meg, Ollie the Otter, Planet One, The Punisher 2, Punk Farm, The Rum Diary, Scary Movie 5, Silence, Sin City 2, Sin City 3, The Spellman Files, Watchmen, Will, Wolverine, World War Z

Rogue Jedi
Hey there! To continue with my little 'trademark' here are the movies that will be released in 2008, so far. I know it's early, but I want to make sure that someone else doesn't take it. And because it's early, I meticulously double- and even triple-checked the release dates wink

Just so people are familiar with my style, I mark all the movies that I'm interested in seeing in blue, just because I'm an arrogant prick like that. As I add movies, or if a release date is changes along the way, I mark those in green. And finally, all films in limited release are in italics

Also, I am an American, so these release dates are for the US. If you want me to look up a release date for another country, just alert me in this thread or through a PM and I'd be glad to help out smile

February

March
14- Horton Hears a Who!

May
2- Iron Man
TBA- Indiana Jones 4, The Power of the Dark Crystal, Space Chimps, Where the Wild Things Are

June
6- Kung Fu Panda
27- The Incredible Hulk
23- Speed Racer
TBA- The Few, Hellboy 2: The Golden Army

July
2- Star Trek XI
18- The Dark Knight

November
7- Bond 22, Madagascar 2
TBA- The Smurfs

December
12- Angels & Demons

TBA 2008- 10,000 B.C., The A-Team, American Dog, Battle Royale, Benighted, The Brazlian Job, Bubba Nosferatu and the Curse of the She-Vampires, Car Wars, Cat Tale, Ender's Game, Fear Effect, Gnomeo and Juliet, The Gospel According to Janis, Halo, Hannibal the Conqueror, High Rise, Inglorious Bastards, Jackboots on Whitehall, Jurassic Park IV, Knight Rider, Marley & Me, Meg, Metal Gear Solid, The Mummy 3, Ollie the Otter, The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything: A VeggieTales Movie, Planet One, Punk Farm, Rambo IV: Pearl of Cobra, The Rum Diary, Scary Movie 5, Silence, Sin City 2, Sin City 3, The Spellman Files, Toy Story 3, Untitled Harold and Kumar Sequel, Watchmen, Will, The Wolf Man, Wolverine, World War Z

Alright, there it is. I know, there's a lot to be filled in, but as I said, I did it for purely selfish reasons.
the A Team? rock on!!! Happy Dance

exanda kane
Seems I was the only one intrigued by Downey Jr.'s casting in Iron Man.

Hidden Lotus

Ender's Game
no way
that is my absolute most favorite book ever
im soooo gonna watch it wink

sithsaber408
Next year RULEZ!

The Dark Night
Iron Man
Incredible Hulk
Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian
Bond 22
Harry Potter: Half Blood Prince

and oh yeah, INDY4!!

Strangelove
Update- June 14

January
11- The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything: A VeggieTales Movie
18- Fanboys

February
15- The Spiderwick Chronicles, Vantage Point
29- Babylon A.D.

March
7- 10,000 B.C.
28- Wanted

April
4- Be Kind Rewind
11- Foodfight!

May
2- Iron Man
9- Speed Racer
22- Indiana Jones 4
25- John Rambo
TBA- Space Chimps

June
6- Kung Fu Panda
13-The Incredible Hulk
20- Get Smart
TBA- The Few

July
11- The Mummy 3

August

October
Scary Movie 5

November
7- Bond 22, Madagascar 2
14- The Wolf Man
26- Bolt
TBA- The Smurfs

December
12- Angels & Demons
25- Star Trek

TBA 2008- The A-Team, Battle Royale, Benighted, Bubba Nosferatu and the Curse of the She-Vampires, Car Wars, Cat Tale, Ender's Game, Fear Effect, Gnomeo and Juliet, Gospel According to Janis, Hannibal the Conqueror, Harold and Kumar 2, High Rise, Inglorious Bastards, Jackboots on Whitehall, Jurassic Park IV, Knight Rider, Marley & Me, Meg, Ollie the Otter, Planet One, The Power of the Dark Crystal, The Punisher 2, Punk Farm, The Rum Diary, Silence, Sin City 2, Sin City 3, The Spellman Files, Watchmen, Will, Wolverine, World War Z

Emma718
they are making a Smurfs movie, wow ok.

Strangelove
Update- October 27, 2007

January
4- One Missed Call
11- 27 Dresses, In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale, The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything: A VeggieTales Movie
14- Fanboys
18- "Cloverfield", Mad Money
25- Be Kind Rewind, How She Move, Rambo, Untraceable

February
1- Charlie Bartlett, The Eye
8- Pathology, Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins
15- Funny Games The Spiderwick Chronicles, Vantage Point
29- Babylon A.D.

March
7- 10,000 B.C.
28- Wanted

April
4- Be Kind Rewind
11- Foodfight!

May
2- Iron Man
9- Speed Racer
22- Indiana Jones 4
25- John Rambo
TBA- Space Chimps

June
6- Kung Fu Panda
13-The Incredible Hulk
20- Get Smart
TBA- The Few

July
11- The Mummy 3

August

October
Scary Movie 5

November
7- Bond 22, Madagascar 2
14- The Wolf Man
26- Bolt
TBA- The Smurfs

December
12- Angels & Demons
25- Star Trek

TBA 2008- The A-Team, Battle Royale, Benighted, Bubba Nosferatu and the Curse of the She-Vampires, Car Wars, Cat Tale, Ender's Game, Fear Effect, Gnomeo and Juliet, Gospel According to Janis, Hannibal the Conqueror, Harold and Kumar 2, High Rise, Inglorious Bastards, Jackboots on Whitehall, Jurassic Park IV, Knight Rider, Marley & Me, Meg, Ollie the Otter, Planet One, The Power of the Dark Crystal, The Punisher 2, Punk Farm, The Rum Diary, Silence, Sin City 2, Sin City 3, The Spellman Files, Watchmen, Will, Wolverine, World War Z

Strangelove
I messed up my edit, so here's the whole thing. It will be green DOMINATED.

Update- October 27, 2007

January
4- One Missed Call
11- 27 Dresses, In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale, The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything: A VeggieTales Movie
14- Fanboys

February
8- Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay, Pathology, Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins
22- The Signal
29- Babylon A.D., The Other Boleyn Girl
TBA- All the Boys Love Mandy Lane

March
7- 10,000 B.C., College Road Trip
21- Drillbit Taylor
28- (Run, Fatboy, Run), Stop Loss, Superhero Movie

April
4- Leatherheads, The Ruins, Shine a Light
11- Foodfight!
25- Big Stan, Sophomore

May
2- Iron Man, Son of Rambow
9- Speed Racer
22- Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
30- Sex and the City: The Movie
TBA- Space Chimps

June
6- Kung Fu Panda
13- The Happening, The Incredible Hulk
20- Get Smart, The Love Guru
27- WALL-E
TBA- The Few

July
11- Hellboy 2: The Golden Army

August
1- The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor
8- Journey 3-D

September
19- Nothing But the Truth
26- Death Race

October
17- The Lonely Maiden

November
7- Bond 22, Madagascar: The Crate Escape
26- Bolt
TBA- The Smurfs

December
19- Angels & Demons
25- Star Trek

TBA 2008- The Argentine, The A-Team, Battle Royale, Car Wars, Cat Tale, Ender's Game, Fear Effect, Flash of Genius, Gnomeo and Juliet, Gospel According to Janis, Hannibal the Conqueror, High Rise, I Know What Boys Like, Inglorious Bastards, Jackboots on Whitehall, Jurassic Park IV, Knight Rider, Mama's Boy, Marley & Me, Meg, Ollie the Otter, Planet One, The Punisher: War Zone, Punk Farm, The Spellman Files, A Tale of Two Sisters, Trick 'R Treat, Will, World War Z

gingercaily
Most waited 2008 Movies:
One Missed Call- January 4
Boogeyman 2- Jan. 8
The Eye - February 1
Diary of the Dead - Feb. 15

sithsaber408
You forgot Jumper, which comes out in February. smile

Devil King
What was that I saw about The Power of the Dark Crystal?

As in the Jim Henson movie, The Dark Crystal?

Strangelove
Originally posted by sithsaber408
You forgot Jumper, which comes out in February. smile Thanks, I'll get that next timeOriginally posted by Devil King
What was that I saw about The Power of the Dark Crystal?

As in the Jim Henson movie, The Dark Crystal? Yup

Neo Darkhalen
I messed up my edit, so here's the whole thing. It will be green DOMINATED.

Update- October 27, 2007

January
4- One Missed Call
14- Fanboys

February
8- Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay, Pathology, Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins
22- The Signal
29- Babylon A.D., The Other Boleyn Girl
TBA- All the Boys Love Mandy Lane

March
7- 10,000 B.C., College Road Trip
21- Drillbit Taylor
28- (Run, Fatboy, Run), Stop Loss, Superhero Movie

April
4- Leatherheads, The Ruins, Shine a Light
11- Foodfight!
25- Big Stan, Sophomore

May
2- Iron Man, Son of Rambow
9- Speed Racer
30- Sex and the City: The Movie
TBA- Space Chimps

June
6- Kung Fu Panda
27- WALL-E
TBA- The Few

July
11- Hellboy 2: The Golden Army

August
1- The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor
8- Journey 3-D

September
19- Nothing But the Truth
26- Death Race

October
17- The Lonely Maiden

November
26- Bolt
TBA- The Smurfs

December
19- Angels & Demons
25- Star Trek

TBA 2008- The Argentine, The A-Team, Battle Royale, Car Wars, Cat Tale, Ender's Game, Fear Effect, Flash of Genius, Gnomeo and Juliet, Gospel According to Janis, Hannibal the Conqueror, High Rise, I Know What Boys Like, Inglorious Bastards, Jackboots on Whitehall, Jurassic Park IV, Knight Rider, Mama's Boy, Marley & Me, Meg, Ollie the Otter, Planet One, The Punisher: War Zone, Punk Farm, The Spellman Files, A Tale of Two Sisters, Trick 'R Treat, Will, World War Z

That is allot of movies.

Bicnarok

sithsaber408
^yeah, he is but the film will still probably tank.

The first was boring, slow, and full of nonsense anyway.

Whats the Angels and Demons story?

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Loved The Da Vinci Code. Look forward to Angels & Demons.

SelphieT
BUBBA NOSFERATU!?!?!?!?!?!??!?! YESSSSSSSSS!

Mairuzu
Saw a pre-screening of a movie called Rocknrolla

was very good

Quiero Mota
I'm not impressed with the casting of Iron Man. They are making a sequal to the Hulk? The ones I'm most looking foward to are....

1. Dark Knight
2. Sin City 2 and 3
3. Incredible Hulk
5. Wolverine/Hellboy 2

Unfortunetly I think Hollywood is gonna **** up Moore's Watchmen which would be a shame considering how great the novel is. Hannabal the Conquer could be sweet tho, I'm on the fence about Indy 4, its perfect as a trilogy. Why **** it up like they did with Star Wars by adding another one that isn't nearly as good?

You're kidding? They should just give up attempting to turn comic books into movies.

sithsaber408
Iron Man and Dark Knight will be ace. thumb up

Mairuzu
especially TDK

Quiero Mota
Iron Man and Dark Knight will be ace. thumb up

I really can't them being terribly different from Hulk or X-men to be honest...or any other crappy comic book movie that came out in the last 15 years. Batman Returns was the last good comic-based movie in my opinion.

Impediment
Sin City, in my opinion, was the best adaptation to date. It was literally flawless.

Batman Begins was also near perfection. I cant wait for the sequel.

Strangelove
^yeah, he is but the film will still probably tank.

The first was boring, slow, and full of nonsense anyway.

Whats the Angels and Demons story? The Illuminati plots to blow up Rome with an antimatter bomb.

Jim Colyer
Looking forward to Mamma Mia! in July.

Thorin

jaden101
Sugar Ray Leonard should be good

not looking forward to the smurfs movie or death race 3000

MrCampion
The main movie I am looking forward to will not be out until the very end of 2008. Star Trek. It is about time someone found a way to reinvigorate the franchise and what a way to do it. By going back, in a sense, to the beginning and give us something truly unique. I just hope it is a good story. Nimoy being involved makes me hopeful, though time will tell.

Tptmanno1
Seems to be a pretty good year for movies if I do say so myself. Some of my anticipations include:

Cloverfield-Must say the guerrilla marketing did really get to me. Looks pretty good, at least from a conceptual point.

Iron Man-I've read quite a bit about this movie, and I hope its gonna be good, and while I never read the original comics, the casting seems pretty good, as well as the plot.

Indiana Jones-I mean I freaking grew up on this trilogy, I'm gonna go see it and pray they don't collectively rape my childhood.

Incredible Hulk-I got excited when I heard this was Edward Norton's little pet movie and that he wants to re-do it more seriously and better than the other adaptation, seems good to me.

Harry Potter-I will probably just end up going to see this with friends or something, not so much an anticipation but an inevitable.

Get Smart-Show I grew up watching re-runs on TV Land of + Steve Carrell + "Lower The Cone of Silence!" =awesome

A-team- (See above, except Replace with Mr T, and "I love it when a plan comes together."

Dark Knight- I mean come on, seems amazing with the most insane Joker ever... Brilliance.

Enders Game-Book was great and I've been interested in this movie since its been announced in 2004

Watchman-I just read this comic book, and it was freaking amazing and I really hope they do a good adaptation, but i think they will

Sin City's-First one = awesome, so hopefully the trend continues...

Strangelove
Watchmen and Sin City 2 aren't likely to come out until 2009, but as long as the sites I use continue to include them, I'll be putting them in my lists.

MrCampion
I didn't even realised next summer we are getting another Batman film or I would certainly have listed that too. I did not see BB in theaters but my father bless him got the DVD for me months afterwards for my birthday that year. An excellent quality film and I hope the new movie does as well.

Sin City 2 I was hopping would already be out but it seems they are not anywhere near it.

JackieCD
I cant wait for Iron Man. Robert is going to be AWESOME in this movie.

MrCampion
Bout time they did a movie with Iron Man. He is pretty cool.

In TBA, is Battle Royale gonna be an American version of the Japanese film or something completely different?

Faith27
I'm so excited to watch Ironman and Harry Potter.

ragesRemorse
The happening
Iron man
Hellboy
Mummy3
Bond 22
Indiana jones 4
babylon Ad
Be kind rewind
Dark knight
harry potter
Where the wild things are
Hell ride
jurrasic park 4
Hanibal the conquerer

Im most excited for Shymalan's the happening, hell ride, dark knight and hellboy 2

Mr Shindiggery
My most hyped movies of 2008 are.

The Dark Knight- The sequel to my favorite comic book movie of all time comes out this year....Ledger is gonna pull a Danial Craig with his Joker performance....and I have faith Nolan is going to deliver an amazing Batman movie again.

Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street- It come out pretty soon out here in the UK...I am a huge Tim Burton fan....Johnny Depp is looking great as Sweeney and its a musical.

Iron Man- RD Jr is looking great as Tony Stark....the Iron Man suit is looking fab and Samuel L Jackson is playing Nick Fury whats not to look forward to.

Indiana Jones 4- A long return from Lucas/Spielberg team....Last year Bruce Willis proved he still had it in him for another Die Hard and this year I think Harrison Ford is going to do the same with this movie.

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince- I thought Harry Potter 5 was very good and I look forward to this one as its one of my most favourite books in the series.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Mr Shindiggery
My most hyped movies of 2008 are.

The Dark Knight- The sequel to my favorite comic book movie of all time comes out this year....Ledger is gonna pull a Danial Craig with his Joker performance....and I have faith Nolan is going to deliver an amazing Batman movie again.

Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street- It come out pretty soon out here in the UK...I am a huge Tim Burton fan....Johnny Depp is looking great as Sweeney and its a musical.

Iron Man- RD Jr is looking great as Tony Stark....the Iron Man suit is looking fab and Samuel L Jackson is playing Nick Fury whats not to look forward to.

Indiana Jones 4- A long return from Lucas/Spielberg team....Last year Bruce Willis proved he still had it in him for another Die Hard and this year I think Harrison Ford is going to do the same with this movie.

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince- I thought Harry Potter 5 was very good and I look forward to this one as its one of my most favourite books in the series. Up for everything you said but I'm not too big on Potter these days. Only seen the first 3. But yeah I agree about Ledger and Ford.

Btw is SLJ really gonna be in Iron Man as Nick Fury?

Mr Shindiggery
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Up for everything you said but I'm not too big on Potter these days. Only seen the first 3. But yeah I agree about Ledger and Ford.

Btw is SLJ really gonna be in Iron Man as Nick Fury?

Yes he only has a cameo role though and you should check out Harry Potter 4 and 5, 4 is not to good imo I have always liked 3 the best and 5 was pretty decent.

Bardock42
Is there a Dragonball movie supposed to come out in 2008?

Bardock42
Originally posted by Impediment
Sin City, in my opinion, was the best adaptation to date. It was literally flawless.

Batman Begins was also near perfection. I cant wait for the sequel.

I liked The Punisher very much, too. Those would be my Top 3 I guess.

Mairuzu
the punisher could have been way better, take travolta out

Röland
I'm looking forward to Cloverfield, There Will Be Blood and The Dark Knight.

Mairuzu
the sex tape roland will be soon making

Röland
Originally posted by Mairuzu
the sex tape roland will be soon making

laughing out loud

Tyranno-Chris
Don't forget an upcoming Jack Black movie called
Be Kind Rewind

i know the story behind it, its where he works in a movie rental store, and he accidentally erases all the movies. so, he himself makes all of them with him acting in them. one of the movies he reshoots is Boys in the Hood.

theburningSKULL
S'all about IRON MAN

YESSS!

Bardock42
the punisher could have been way better, take travolta out Why? What's wrong with Travolta. He was excellent for the kinda job.

theburningSKULL
IRON MAN!!!!!! WOOHOO!

Strangelove
Update- January 15th

2008 in film (Wikipedia)

January
18- 27 Dresses, Cassandra's Dream, Cloverfield, Day Zero, Mad Money, Teeth
25- (4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 Days), The Air I Breathe, How She Move, Meet the Spartans, Rambo, Untraceable

February
1- The Eye, Strange Wilderness
8- Fool's Gold, The Poughkeepsie Tapes, Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins
14- (Definitely, Maybe), Jumper, Step Up 2 The Streets
22- Charlie Barlett, Be Kind Rewind, Vantage Point, Witless Protection
29- The Other Boleyn Girl, Penelope, Possession, Semi-Pro

March
7- 10,000 B.C., The Accidental Husband, The Bank Job, College Road Trip
14- Funny Games, Horton Hears a Who!, Never Back Down, Pride and Glory
19- Inkheart
21- Drillbit Taylor, Shutter, Tyler Perry's Meet the Browns
28- 21, Stop Loss, Superhero!

April
4- Leatherheads, The Ruins, Shine a Light, Wild Child
8- Goal! 2:Living the Dream...
11- College, (Mama, I Wanna Sing!), Prom Night, Smart People
18- Baby Mama, The Forbidden Kingdom, The Rocker
25- Big Stan, Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay, The List, Repo!: The Genetic Opera

May
2- Iron Man, Made of Honor, Space Chimps
9- Speed Racer
16- The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian. Midnight Meat Train, What Happens in Vegas...
30- Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Sex and the City: The Movie, Starship Dave

June
6- Kung Fu Panda, You Don't Mess with the Zohan
27- WALL-E, Wanted

July
2- Hancock, Kil Kittridge: An American Girl
11- Hellboy II: The Golden Army, Journey 3-D, Tropic Thunder
25- Step Brothers, Untitled X-Files Sequel

August
1- He's Just Not That Into You, The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor
8- Blindness, Eagle Eye, The Pineapple Express, The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2
15- Dragonball, The International
22- Case 39, I Know What Boys Like
29- Babylon A.D., Horrorween

Summer TBA- My Name is Bruce

September
5- Clive Barker Presents: Hellraiser
12- Nights in Rodanthe, Punisher: War Zone
19- Lakeview Terrace, My Best Friend's Girl, Nothing But the Truth
26- Death Race, Nowhere Land, South of the Border

October
3- Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist, RocknRolla, Valkyrie, Where the Wild Things Are
8- High School Musical 3
10- Body of Lies, City of Ember, The Express, The Women
17- The Lonely Maiden, Scanners
24- Igor, The Nightmare Before Christmas (re-issue), Saw V

November
14- Four Christmases, Austin Powers 4
26- Bolt, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

December
12- The Day the Earth Stood Still, Twilight
19- Revolutionary Road, The Tale of Despereaux, Yes Man, Marley & Me
25- Star Trek
26- 9

TBA 2008- Americanese, Ace Ventura, Jr. The Anarchist's Wife, The Argentine, The A-Team, Beautiful Loser, Battle Royale, Blood: The Last Vampire, Bloody 27, The Box, Cabin Fever 2: Spring Fever, Car Wars, Cat Tale, Ender's Game, Far Cry, Fear Effect, Flash of Genius, Gnomeo and Juliet, The Great Buck Howard, (Have Dream, Will Travel), Hell Ride, High Rise, Jackboots on Whitehall, Jurassic Park IV, Major Movie Star, Make it Happen, Meg, Ollie the Otter, Punk Farm, Resident Evil: Degeneration, The Spellman Files, A Tale of Two Sisters, Trick 'R Treat, Truth in Numbers: The Wikipedia Story, The Unforgettable, War, Inc., Will, Winged Creatures, World War Z, Zack and Miri Make a Porno

More updates to come.

SweetMagnolia17
i really hope they dont mess up Twilight.

DarkC
Hopefully Halo isn't a disappointment...I also look forward to Toy Story 3 for some reason.

ragesRemorse
Update- January 15th

2008 in film (Wikipedia)

January
18- 27 Dresses, Cassandra's Dream, Cloverfield, Day Zero, Mad Money, Teeth
25- (4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 Days), The Air I Breathe, How She Move, Meet the Spartans, Rambo, Untraceable

February
1- The Eye, Strange Wilderness
8- Fool's Gold, The Poughkeepsie Tapes, Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins
14- (Definitely, Maybe), Jumper, Step Up 2 The Streets
22- Charlie Barlett, Be Kind Rewind, Vantage Point, Witless Protection
29- The Other Boleyn Girl, Penelope, Possession, Semi-Pro

March
7- 10,000 B.C., The Accidental Husband, The Bank Job, College Road Trip
14- Funny Games, Horton Hears a Who!, Never Back Down, Pride and Glory
19- Inkheart
21- Drillbit Taylor, Shutter, Tyler Perry's Meet the Browns
28- 21, Stop Loss, Superhero!

April
4- Leatherheads, The Ruins, Shine a Light, Wild Child
8- Goal! 2:Living the Dream...
11- College, (Mama, I Wanna Sing!), Prom Night, Smart People
18- Baby Mama, The Forbidden Kingdom, The Rocker
25- Big Stan, Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay, The List, Repo!: The Genetic Opera

May
2- Iron Man, Made of Honor, Space Chimps
9- Speed Racer
16- The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian. Midnight Meat Train, What Happens in Vegas...
30- Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Sex and the City: The Movie, Starship Dave

June
6- Kung Fu Panda, You Don't Mess with the Zohan
27- WALL-E, Wanted

July
11- Hellboy II: The Golden Army, Journey 3-D, Tropic Thunder
25- Step Brothers, Untitled X-Files Sequel

August
1- He's Just Not That Into You, The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor
8- Blindness, Eagle Eye, The Pineapple Express, The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2
15- Dragonball, The International
22- Case 39, I Know What Boys Like
29- Babylon A.D., Horrorween

Summer TBA- My Name is Bruce

September
5- Clive Barker Presents: Hellraiser
12- Nights in Rodanthe, Punisher: War Zone
19- Lakeview Terrace, My Best Friend's Girl, Nothing But the Truth
26- Death Race, Nowhere Land, South of the Border

October
3- Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist, RocknRolla, Valkyrie, Where the Wild Things Are
8- High School Musical 3
10- Body of Lies, City of Ember, The Express, The Women
17- The Lonely Maiden, Scanners
24- Igor, The Nightmare Before Christmas (re-issue), Saw V

November
14- Four Christmases, Austin Powers 4
26- Bolt, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

December
12- The Day the Earth Stood Still, Twilight
19- Revolutionary Road, The Tale of Despereaux, Yes Man, Marley & Me
25- Star Trek
26- 9

TBA 2008- Americanese, Ace Ventura, Jr. The Anarchist's Wife, The Argentine, The A-Team, Beautiful Loser, Battle Royale, Blood: The Last Vampire, Bloody 27, The Box, Cabin Fever 2: Spring Fever, Car Wars, Cat Tale, Ender's Game, Far Cry, Fear Effect, Flash of Genius, Gnomeo and Juliet, The Great Buck Howard, (Have Dream, Will Travel), Hell Ride, High Rise, Jackboots on Whitehall, Jurassic Park IV, Major Movie Star, Make it Happen, Meg, Ollie the Otter, Punk Farm, Resident Evil: Degeneration, The Spellman Files, A Tale of Two Sisters, Trick 'R Treat, Truth in Numbers: The Wikipedia Story, The Unforgettable, War, Inc., Will, Winged Creatures, World War Z, Zack and Miri Make a Porno

More updates to come.

Wow, someone really took this thread serious. You get a whole cheesecake for your thoroughness...,did someone say Cheesecake? Yeah, i did eek! Right on Happy Dance

gingercaily
I want to watch National Treasure, The eye and I am Legend

theburningSKULL
Kung-fu Panda...THATS AWESOME!

note to self: See kung-fu panda

erikko
i want to see Dark Knight and Kung Fu Panda

jaden101
the brothers bloom from Rian Johnson (writer and director of brick) will hopefully be good

theburningSKULL
2 more days till Cloverfield! Counting down!

cEejay_01
I hope I will not miss this on big screen.

Discos
sweet another Harold & Kumar, loved the first one. Very good laugh.

theburningSKULL
2 more hours til cloverfield!!!!!!!!!!

Discos
how did it go man?

released here start of next month.

theburningSKULL
it...was...really...really...good!!!! One the most intense movies i've ever seen! and you do get a good look at the monster for anyone wanting to know.

Reverend Axel
I have to wait nearly a whole year for Star Trek to come out?

Darth Martin
Why? When's the release date?

JediSamuraiMRB
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Why? When's the release date?

Star Trek comes out on Christmas '08..Meantime here's a pic from Iron Man..

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh180/DARKCAEDUS/IRONMAN.jpg

EDIT: Star Trek teaser trailer..

http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4135&Itemid=99

AND a pic of the Enterprise...
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh180/DARKCAEDUS/PIX/ENTERPRISE.jpg

theburningSKULL
IRON MAN YESSSSSSSSSS!!

meatwadsprite
Too bad Micheal Gondry's Be Kind Rewind (my pre-decision film of the year for 2008). Has been pushed back to Febuary 22nd.

Diary of the Dead - New Romero zombie film febuary 15th : though I have yet to even see Land of the Dead

Drillbit Taylor - I don't know what to think of this movie yet : the trailers are downright horrible , but with Seth Rogen writing the script so who knows what could happen febuary 25th

Shine a Light - A rolling stones documentary directed by Scorsese : april 4th

Speed Racer - Wachowski brothers new film : I have no clue what to expect - but it just might be good May 9th

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - My second most anticipiated movie of the year , just recently the Indiana Jones films have become some of my favorite : and this looks to be another amazing installment.

The Incredible Hulk - I have no clue if this is a sequel or just a completly new film about the hulk : but edward nortan is hulk - so I'm interested. June 13th

WALL-E - Pixar's new film is already coming out , meaning this 3d animation studio is capable of producing the finest looking CGI the fastest. That aside , sounds like an incredible idea for a movie : i just hope it dosen't get turned into the generic family movie. June 26th

The Dark Knight - Sequel to Batman Begins , allright - i'm gona give batman begins one more chance : because I haven't seen it since my tastes have sharpened and Christopher Nolan memento director made it. July 18th

Though this year can never live up to the amazing movie packed year 2007 was - Be Kind Rewind , Indiana Jones Crystal Skull , and WALL-E all look to be amazing films.

FistOfThe North
Man, that Ironman armor looks kick ass. I wonder if his boy War Machine'll be in it.

Hope so.

aciam
would love to see The Dark Knight, Indy 4, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, and Iron Man

ariwin
Ironman - I think it looks awesome I'm definitely looking forward to this, and I really liked the teaser

The Dark Knight - it just looks incredible!!

Stop-Loss - I think its coming out sometime in March, I've seen a couple of trailers for it looks really good, and rumor is it is being screened at SXSW (anyone heard anything about this?)

Indiana Jones

celestialdemon
The new Bond movie is named Quantum of Solace. What a stupid name. I'll still watch it, though.

I'm also looking forward to The Dark Knight, Iron Man, Incredible Hulk, Hellboy 2, Indiana Jones, Harry Potter, Be Kind Rewind, Hancock, Hellraiser, and Scanners.

Rainx
For those wondering about The Hulk..

I have listened to the rumor mill and it is being said it will not be anything like the first one. I hear they are trying to redo this film because the last one was terrible. Apparently Marvel did not mean for this, or something may have changed in their design where they cannot allow for any of their movies to be terrible. That's just a guess, but grabbing Edward Norton for the job was a good move I think. So I too look forward to this NEW Hulk movie, but if they go in the same direction as the last one, I do NOT look forward to this one, it was just too bad last time.

celestialdemon
Originally posted by Rainx
For those wondering about The Hulk..

I have listened to the rumor mill and it is being said it will not be anything like the first one. I hear they are trying to redo this film because the last one was terrible. Apparently Marvel did not mean for this, or something may have changed in their design where they cannot allow for any of their movies to be terrible. That's just a guess, but grabbing Edward Norton for the job was a good move I think. So I too look forward to this NEW Hulk movie, but if they go in the same direction as the last one, I do NOT look forward to this one, it was just too bad last time.

Yeah, the rumor is they want this movie to be less Greek tragedy and more "Hulk Smash!", which is what people wanted to see in the first place.

gingercaily
if it is true, i want this movie to have a happy ending unlike with the previous film. I want hulk end up marrying Betty. I hate tragic endings...

Rajendra
I find iron man good, I saw the trailer and looks interesting.

Mairuzu
so has anyone seen jumper yet

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by celestialdemon
Yeah, the rumor is they want this movie to be less Greek tragedy and more "Hulk Smash!", which is what people wanted to see in the first place.

Ang Lee was not wrong to do what he did. He portrayed the more important side of Hulk better than anyone ever could.

My only criticism was that no, there wasn't enough action, but it can't all be Hulk smashing sh*t.

-AC

celestialdemon
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Ang Lee was not wrong to do what he did. He portrayed the more important side of Hulk better than anyone ever could.

My only criticism was that no, there wasn't enough action, but it can't all be Hulk smashing sh*t.

-AC

Oh, I agree it can't all be Hulk smashing stuff up and that there should be a story there. However, most of the people who are familiar with the Hulk know him as a big green brute who destroys things when he's mad. I think that's what they wanted to see. They wanted an action movie with a story instead of the other way around.

Dgw2007
so has anyone seen jumper yet me

ariwin
I'm actually really looking forward to seeing Tropic Thunder (the new Ben Still movie, that also stars Jack Black, Robert Downey Jr., and Tom Cruise) I just read these reviews and they really pumped me up for this. It looks like its going to be hysterical, and I guess Tom Cruise is going to be in a fat suit! hahaha

bizEb

1. Dark Knight
2. Sin City 2 and 3
3. Incredible Hulk
5. Wolverine/Hellboy 2

The Hulk is not a sequel. Its a re-do. A new script with Ed Norton and Liv Taylor. The script is good. Much better than the last.

Strangelove
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

-AC I liked the story, but the comic book style with the paneling and all that was a turn-off for me.

I'll be updating the list sometime in the next couple days.

Jim Colyer
There are some good movies coming in 2008, much better than last year.

chrisfishlock
that has actually been comfirmed for December 25th/26th (depending on country)

bobripper54
post removed

Strangelove
Update - March 26

I've added a new color denotation - Orange is for documentaries. All of the documentaries on this list are new, and therefore green, so they will be up in orange next update.

March
28- 21, Chapter 27, Flawless, Priceless, (Run, Fat Boy, Run), Stop Loss, Superhero Movie

April
4- Flight of the Red Balloon, Leatherheads, Nim's Island, The Ruins, Shine a Light, Tuya's Marriage
9- Young@Heart
11- Dark Matter, Prom Night, Smart People, Street Kings
14- Chaos Theory
18- 88 Minutes, The Forbidden Kingdom, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Kiss the Bride, Life Before Her Eyes, Pathology
25- Baby Mama, Big Stan, Deal, Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay, Standard Operating Procedure
30- Mister Lonely

May
2- Iron Man, Made of Honor, Son of Rambow
9- Frontier(s), Speed Racer, What Happens in Vegas...
14- Padre Nuestro
16- The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian, The Midnight Meat Train, Reprise
21- The Edge of Heaven
23- The Children of Huang Shi, (War, Inc.), Postal
30- (Bigger, Stronger, Faster*), The Foot Fist Way, Savage Grace, Sex and the City: The Movie, The Strangers, Stuck

June
6- Kung Fu Panda, Mongol, Mother of Tears: The Third Mother, When Did You Last See Your Father?, You Don't Mess with the Zohan
11- Encounters at the End of the World
20- Brick Lane, Get Smart, The Love Guru
27- WALL-E, Wanted

July
3- The Wackness
4- Gonzo: The Life and Work of Dr. Hunter S. Thompson, The Last Mistress
11- Hellboy II: The Golden Army, Journey to the Center of the Earth 3D, Meet Dave, Tropic Thunder
18- The Dark Knight, Hounddog, Lou Reed's Berlin, Mamma Mia!, Space Chimps
23- Boy A
25- American Teen, Baghead, Brideshead Revisited, Henry Poole is Here, The Longshots, Step Brothers, Untitled X-Files Sequel

August
1- Frozen River, He's Just Not That Into You, The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor, The Rocker, Swing Vote
8- Hell Ride, Pineapple Express, The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2
15- The International, Mirrors, Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Seventeen Again, Tropic Thunder, Wild Child
19- Ghost Town
22- The Accidental Husband, Bangkok Dangerous, Crossing Over, Fly Me to the Moon 3D, The House Bunny
28- Choke
29- Babylon A.D., Ballast, College, Hamlet 2, Traitor
August TBA- Assassination of a High School President

September
5- Amusement, Passengers, Vicky Christina Barcelona
12- Burn After Reading, The Duchess, The Family that Preys, Punisher: War Zone, Righteous Kill
19- Igor, Lakeview Terrace, Management My Best Friend's Girl, Nothing But the Truth, Taken
26- Beverly Hills Chihuahua, Death Race, Eagle Eye

October
3- Blindness, Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist, Nights in Rodanthe, Valkyrie
10- Body of Lies, City of Ember, The Express, Miracle at St. Anna, Soul Men, The Women, Untitled Teen Road Movie
16- Where the Wild Things Are
17- The Lonely Maiden, Max Payne, Quarantine
24- The Brothers Bloom, High School Musical 3: Senior Year, Saw V
31- RocknRolla, Zak & Miri Make a Porno
October TBA: The Goods: The Don Ready Story, Trick 'r Treat

November
7- Quantum of Solace, Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
14- Australia, Patriots
26- Bolt, Four Christmases, Humboldt Park

December
12- The Day the Earth Stood Still, Seven Pounds, Twilight, Youth in Revolt
19- The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Revolutionary Road, The Tale of Despereaux, Yes Man
25- Bedtime Stories, Marley & Me
26- 9
December TBA- Gran Torino

TBA 2008
Ace Ventura, Jr. The Anarchist's Wife, The Argentine, Beautiful Loser, Battle Royale, Blood: The Last Vampire, Bloody 27, The Box, Cabin Fever 2: Spring Fever, Car Wars, Cat Tale, Ender's Game, Far Cry, Fear Effect, Flash of Genius, Gnomeo and Juliet, (Have Dreams, Will Travel), High Rise, Jackboots on Whitehall, Major Movie Star, Meg, Ollie the Otter, Punk Farm, Resident Evil: Degeneration, The Spellman Files, A Tale of Two Sisters, The Unforgettable, Will, Winged Creatures

More updates to come!

Sorry there was so much new stuff, I hadn't updated for a while. Also, I recently switched my search engine of choice to ComingSoon.net, so I got a lot of new stuff from that.

moviehead21
Originally posted by Jim Colyer
There are some good movies coming in 2008, much better than last year.
No way last year was a great year for movies

MildPossession
Mother of Tears: The Third Mother in June? wow, we get that on dvd this week here, so long you have to wait for certain films.

T.M
It's out on DVD all ready I thought.

MildPossession
Last week apparently, still it's earlier here.

BetrayedUnicorn
The new hulk looks really good...edward norton!

casper_rific
i agree. . last year was a great year for great movies.. transformer was one of those. . .

scoggialicia
Hey!!

Prince Caspian has released. I think its gonna be one of the best movies of this year.

Strangelove
Update, May 16

May
16- The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian Reprise
21- The Edge of Heaven
23- The Children of Huang Shi, (War, Inc.), Postal
30- (Bigger, Stronger, Faster*), The Foot Fist Way, Savage Grace, Sex and the City: The Movie, The Strangers, Stuck

June
6- Kung Fu Panda, Mongol, Mother of Tears: The Third Mother, And When Did You Last See Your Father?, You Don't Mess with the Zohan
11- Encounters at the End of the World
20- Brick Lane, Get Smart, The Love Guru
27- WALL-E, Wanted

July
2- Hancock, Kit Kittridge: An American Girl
3- The Wackness
4- Gonzo: The Life and Work of Dr. Hunter S. Thompson, The Last Mistress
11- Hellboy II: The Golden Army, Journey to the Center of the Earth 3D, Meet Dave
18- The Dark Knight, Hounddog, Lou Reed's Berlin, Mamma Mia!, Space Chimps
23- Boy A
25- American Teen, Baghead, Brideshead Revisited, The Longshots, Step Brothers, The X-Files: I Want to Believe

August
1- Far Cry, Frozen River, The Midnight Meat Train, The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor, The Rocker, Swing Vote
8- Fly Me to the Moon, Hell Ride, Pineapple Express, The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2
15- Henry Poole is Here, Mirrors, Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Seventeen Again, Tropic Thunder
19- Ghost Town
22- The Accidental Husband, Bangkok Dangerous, Crossing Over, The House Bunny
27- Hamlet 2
28- Choke
29- Babylon A.D., Ballast, College, Traitor

September
5- Vicky Christina Barcelona
12- Assassination of a High School President, Burn After Reading, The Duchess, The Family that Preys, Righteous Kill, The Women
19- Blindness, Igor, Lakeview Terrace, Management, My Best Friend's Girl, Nothing But the Truth, Taken
26- Beverly Hills Chihuahua, Death Race, Eagle Eye

October
3- Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist, Nights in Rodanthe
10- Body of Lies, City of Ember, The Express, Miracle at St. Anna, Soul Men, Untitled Teen Road Movie
17- Max Payne, Quarantine
24- The Brothers Bloom, He's Just Not That Into You, High School Musical 3: Senior Year, Passengers, Saw V
25- Flash of Genius
31- RocknRolla, Zak and Miri Make a Porno
October TBA- Blood: The Last Vampire

November
7- Quantum of Solace, The Lonely Maiden, Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
14- Australia, Patriots
26- Bolt, Four Christmases, Humboldt Park
November TBA- Amusement

December
5- Punisher: War Zone, Youth in Revolt
12- The Day the Earth Stood Still, Seven Pounds, Twilight
19- The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, The Tale of Despereaux, Yes Man
25- Bedtime Stories, Marley & Me
26- 9, Revolutionary Road
December TBA- Gran Torino

TBA 2008
Ace Ventura, Jr. The Anarchist's Wife, Beautiful Loser, Battle Royale, Bloody 27, The Box, Cabin Fever 2: Spring Fever, Car Wars, Cat Tale, Ender's Game, Fear Effect, (Have Dreams, Will Travel), High Rise, Jackboots on Whitehall, Meg, Ollie the Otter, Punk Farm, The Spellman Files, The Unforgettable, Will, Wild Child, Winged Creatures

Checklist418
I was looking through the list and seeing what movies were going to get "lost" around the time of The Dark Knight, but there actually were a few I really want to see.

Baghead -
This apparently did well at sundance. From first glance the trailer didn't seem that interesting, but as it went on it seemed better.

The Rocker -
This looks hilarious!!! It has Rainn Wilson and as soon as I saw the role he was playing I was sold on this film!

American Teen -
Another movie that apparently did well at sundance. It's a documentary that follows kids around their last year of high school. Seemed pretty cool.

scoggialicia
hey i really loved prince caspian that i saw recently.... susan really had that charm within her and william was simply amazing...!!

I have read the book and i think the movie was more lively than the book( thought i loved the book too)

jdea
Can't wait 2 see Hancock (Will Smith) and Harry Potter 6

jdea
Originally posted by scoggialicia
hey i really loved prince caspian that i saw recently.... susan really had that charm within her and william was simply amazing...!!

I have read the book and i think the movie was more lively than the book( thought i loved the book too)

I thought TCON:PC was great 2, loved how Susan and Edmund stepped up, especially Edmund, can't wat for the next oe

crystallake
The Dark Knight and Wanted are the only two absolute must-see movies remaining for me this summer; I'll probably buy advance tickets for the midnight screenings for each of them. There's a few other movies that I'll probably end up seeing as well, like Hulk and Hellboy, but TDK and Wanted are at the top of the list.

After the summer, though - looks pretty barren, although there's a nice bump in that three week period in November with Zack & Miri, Quantum of Solace and Harry Potter.

Mairuzu
RocknRolla was a really good movie, i dont wanna wait till oct erm

chubbychipmunk

omg robert downey jr. c'mon he's soooo hot in the movie!! roll eyes (sarcastic) plus he makes a really good buff/comedic/cool iron man

Darth Martin
Three words: QUANTUM OF SOLACE

The Black Ghost
Thats a movie I cant wait to see. Gave me something big to look forward to after batman

BOPRecruit 16
i think the only movie i could hope to look forward to is the new, upcoming david fincher film coming out in december: "the curious case of benjamin button". too bad the hp6 movie got moved til next year. not sure if it's going to be any good. wasn't exactly thrilled with the book. as for those other movies on the may 16 comment, i might look them up. but there's been so many crappy movies coming this year and lately. there isn't much hope. and gosh i wish tv would stop showing that trailer for that chiuaua movie! my gosh! i feel my brain dying every time i see it! drove me mad when i went to see "wall-e". of course i was just being a tad dramatic. but my gosh! what a dumb movie! boy, quality seems to sink to new lows for movies these days and bleeding into tv as well... *sigh*

chloeclover
Hey ya'all!

Did you guys like the movie Forgetting Sarah Marshall? Wow, just saw it and thought it was hilarious. For those of you who have seen it, whats your favorite scene?

ariwin
Originally posted by chloeclover
Hey ya'all!

Did you guys like the movie Forgetting Sarah Marshall? Wow, just saw it and thought it was hilarious. For those of you who have seen it, whats your favorite scene?

I never did see it, which is a shame because I love Kristin Bell, but a bunch of my friends saw it and loved it. I'll hopefully rent it at some point, I want to see it.

The movie I'm currently a bit obsessed over is Tropic Thunder, which, if you like funny movies, is a MUST see. laughing Have you seen it yet? You can also look at the supplemental stuff they've got, like web sites for the actors:

http://www.tuggspeedman.com/
http://www.kirklazarus.com/

Or they also have a mockumentary about the making of the film with a film:

http://www.rainofmadness.com/?p=40

I love it when movies do stuff like this... like totally get into the spirit of the film, go above and beyond, etc. I think The Dark Knight and Tropic Thunder both have fantastic viral marketing gimmicks, almost as enjoyable as the movies themselves. eek!

Steebo
Tropic Thunder was okay but Tom Cruise sucked it up!!!!!!!

moonlightangel8
Wow, I have not seen any of the good 2008 movies..Dark Knight, Indiana, or Ironman. I bet they're all good!

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by moonlightangel8
Wow, I have not seen any of the good 2008 movies..Dark Knight, Indiana, or Ironman. I bet they're all good!

The Dark Knight/Iron Man are great. Indiana Jones wasn't that good, however.

Zack Fair
Pineapple Express is awesome.

Aequo Animo
Anyone caught Slumdog Millionaire at any festivals or any place else? The Sigur Ros background music in the trailer is beautiful and the movie looks like it could hold your interest with flashbacks.
I don't know the release schedule either but I think it starts gradual release next week.

scott349
Iron Man and The Dark Knight were the best movies.

moviefanatic04
Ironman and Dark Knight were superb!!

moviefanatic04
The Dark Knight......how can u you not love this movie it was way sick

moviefanatic04
So I just saw the play A Christmas Carol again the other night in LA. It was really good the guy from Back to the Future played Scrooge. Anyways now I have to watch the movie haha. I found this thing online where you can add pics of urself in the movie ha kinda weird check it out:

http://www.mymoviemoment.com/

moviefanatic04
hey so how was horton hears a who? i never saw it but wanted to

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.