Ryu Hayabusa vs Terry Bogard

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Major Snafu
The super-ninja vs the Lone Wolf inside the Illusion Bar (better hope that King is insured against brawling fighters). Each fighter is at his strongest and Hayabusa is fighting hand-to-hand.

lightness
i think they'd proably be pretty even

TricksterPriest
Snafu, you have opened up a can of worms with this one. I might regret this, but what the hell.

It'll be a cold day in hell before Terry Bogard loses to overrated punks like Hayabusa. Let the flame wars commence. stick out tongue

Cloud_VII
Oh no now me and Sado are going to fight sad

Thanks a lot Major Snapoop!!!

Anyways, I think it'll turn out to be a draw.

And TrickPriest, Hayabusa is not being overrated at all. He killedTengu for crying out loud!! mad

TricksterPriest
Tengu was ALSO vastly overrated. And do not compare someone like Tengu to the likes of Geese Howard or Wolfgang Krauser.

Sado22
You bet we're going to fight! mad
*wrings cRoudO's neck...and then goes onto kill Aeris and Tifa fangirls*
big grin
well i don't know too much about DoA except Kasumi is really hot...and the movie sucked big time. Ryu Hayabusa is cool and all and some of his moves are pretty nasty. but Terry has beaten Ninjas and even godtier characters by sheer will power. I guess it depends on what kind of people Ryu Hayabusa has fought and defeated.

Due to sheer ignorance regarding DoA, I'll just stick the my own personal favorite fighitng game character and say this:
Are you okay?! BUSTA WOOOOOOOOORF!!!

~The Invincible Sado-sama

Cloud_VII
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Tengu was ALSO vastly overrated. And do not compare someone like Tengu to the likes of Geese Howard or Wolfgang Krauser.
Tell me how Tengu was overrated, because everything stated about him was 100% true. Tell me how Geese Howard or Wolfgang Krasuer can defeat someone who can bring about ultimate disaster and calamity and cover the world in chaos.

Remulous
Snafu, you have opened up a can of worms with this one. I might regret this, but what the hell.

It'll be a cold day in hell before Terry Bogard loses to Hayabusa. Let the flame wars commence. stick out tongue I was gonna say the same thing, looks like I don't have to.Originally posted by Sado22

Are you okay?! BUSTA WOOOOOOOOORF!!!

~The Invincible Sado-sama Does he really say "Are you okay"?? That never made since to me. Still a bad ass move though.

TricksterPriest
That part never made sense to me either. Hey Rem, is any of what Cloud saying true? Because I have a strong hunch he's blowing smoke. I have never seen anything that puts any of DOA's character or bosses on god tier or high tier in SF/KOF.

Sado22
yeah i'm pretty sure that's what he says...but then again Terry is notorious for his engRish. I mean come on:
power geyser: power pizza
rising tackle: rising tacko
power dunk: throw a duck
power wave: by the way
buster wolf: bustaaaaaaa oorf
burn knuckle : bana cool
mad

StyleTime
That part never made sense to me either. Hey Rem, is any of what Cloud saying true? Because I have a strong hunch he's blowing smoke. I have never seen anything that puts any of DOA's character or bosses on god tier or high tier in SF/KOF.
Cloud_VII speaks the truth.

However, in hand to hand Hayabusa is a bit overrated. He is about equal to Hayate who is below both Kasumi and Ayane. Hayabusa is probably going to lose against a guy like Terry if he is going strictly hand to hand. I can see Terry and Hayabusa fighting to a draw, but for now I give Terry the slight edge. Ayane or Kasumi could take Terry though.

Terry 6/10.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by StyleTime
Cloud_VII speaks the truth.

However, in hand to hand Hayabusa is a bit overrated. He is about equal to Hayate who is below both Kasumi and Ayane. Hayabusa is probably going to lose against a guy like Terry if he is going strictly hand to hand. I can see Terry and Hayabusa fighting to a draw, but for now I give Terry the slight edge. Ayane or Kasumi could take Terry though.

Terry 6/10.

.........bull. I don't see anyone in DOA taking Terry except Alpha-152. What the f**k? Terry 10/10. Ayane&Kasumi would lose too.

StyleTime
.........bull. I don't see anyone in DOA taking Terry except Alpha-152. What the f**k? Terry 10/10. Ayane&Kasumi would lose too.
Terry taking 10/10 from Hayabusa is simply absurd.

As for Alpha-152, Kasumi not only stalemated her, BUT Alpha-152 basically runs away from a tired Kasumi who was still ready to fight. Ayane is the same level as Kasumi as evident by their past fights.

I'll admit that Terry can manage Hayabusa but I don't see him taking Kasumi or Ayane for a majority.

Cloud_VII
Ryu lost to Hayate in DOA3...that's before Ninja Gaiden, and Ryu lost most likely because of his superiority complex. He implied that someone who uses the Mugen Tenshin fighting style doesn't stand a chance against him, and Hayate uses that style. Ryu said, "Since when were you more powerful than me, Hayate?". That's when Hayate kicks his butt. Clearly, Hayabusa lost mainly because of his superiority complex.

StyleTime
Ninja Gaiden occurred 2 years before the first DOA tournament my friend. Ryu just straight up lost in DOA3.

Cloud_VII
Well I'm not totally sure about the timelines though I am speculating with evidence from both series. NES Ninja Gaiden is different from Xbox Ninja Gaiden from what I've heard. I'm not saying you are wrong about that though.

Remulous
That part never made sense to me either. Hey Rem, is any of what Cloud saying true? Because I have a strong hunch he's blowing smoke. I have never seen anything that puts any of DOA's character or bosses on god tier or high tier in SF/KOF. Tengu isn't overrated and for good reason, IMO he aint that tough seeing how he was beaten, I think it was by Kasumi or Hayabusa. One of the two. Geese will beat Tengu, most definetly. Hayabusa and Alpha 152 are the only threats to SF/KOF's stronger fighters..Originally posted by Sado22
yeah i'm pretty sure that's what he says...but then again Terry is notorious for his engRish. I mean come on:
power geyser: power pizza
rising tackle: rising tacko
power dunk: throw a duck
power wave: by the way
buster wolf: bustaaaaaaa oorf
burn knuckle : bana cool
mad

~The Invincible Sado-sama laughing laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing Terry's gotta take some english classes!

StyleTime
Originally posted by Remulous
Tengu isn't overrated and for good reason, IMO he aint that tough seeing how he was beaten, I think it was by Kasumi or Hayabusa. One of the two. Geese will beat Tengu, most definetly. Hayabusa and Alpha 152 are the only threats to SF/KOF's stronger fighters..
Hayabusa killed Tengu.

To admit Hayabusa and Alpha-152 pose threats is to admit that Ayane and Kasumi do as well. Alpha-152 was stalemated by Kasumi and was the top ninja in DOA3 incuding Hayabusa.

Remulous
Even so those are not serious threats but small and mild threats.

StyleTime
I wasn't saying like...Hayate could beat Akuma lol. I'm just saying they wouldn't go completely unnoticed by some of the stronger KOF characters. I think we're saying the same thing though.

Superboy Prime
I think it's stupid to think that Krauser and Geese are more powerful than tengu? Whatever did they do in their games but get their asses kicked by Terry?

Remulous
What did the bosses of DOA do other than get their ass kicked by the ninjas?

Superboy Prime
Tengu actually changes wheather patterns in-game while you fight him. Go figure. What has Geese and Krauser done? Also Raidou crippled Hayate, and Alpha-152 stalemated Kasumi. I don't think they are the *Getting asses kicked by protagonists* kind.

Cloud_VII
What did the bosses of DOA do other than get their ass kicked by the ninjas?
Ryu can overcome an opponent capable of destroying a planet. Also, he's ascended beyond a super ninja.

TricksterPriest
He's not beating Terry unless he gets one of his high powered blades.

Cloud_VII
He will stalemate Terry in hand to hand.

Remulous
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
Tengu actually changes wheather patterns in-game while you fight him. Go figure. What has Geese and Krauser done? Also Raidou crippled Hayate, and Alpha-152 stalemated Kasumi. I don't think they are the *Getting asses kicked by protagonists* kind. Dude, he changes the weather in that area, not the entire world. And at first that wasn't even a move, they added it in DOA Ultimate. Night mare Geese was almost a God and he nearly destroyed a stadium, that wasn't even all his power. Krauser can turn himself into a tornado for god sakes.

Sado22
Happy Dance
Come on Remulus lets say it together:
Are you okay?! BUSTAAAAAAAAAAA WOOOOOOOOOORFF!!!

Remulous
Originally posted by Sado22
Happy Dance
Come on Remulus lets say it together:
Are you okay?! BUSTAAAAAAAAAAA WOOOOOOOOOORFF!!!

~The Invincible Sado-sama Alright...Are you okay?! BUSTAAAAAAAAAAA WOOOOOOOOOORFF!!!

Cloud_VII
Dude, he changes the weather in that area, not the entire world. And at first that wasn't even a move, they added it in DOA Ultimate. Night mare Geese was almost a God and he nearly destroyed a stadium, that wasn't even all his power. Krauser can turn himself into a tornado for god sakes.
- We don't know if it was the world or not.

- He can create illusions as well.

- Do not argue with what the team makes.

- Do not compare SF/SNK top tiers to Gods because that is highly retarded.

- 1. Ayane can destroy a stadium, 2. Tengu can create tornados in every corner of the planet.

StyleTime
Originally posted by Cloud_VII
- 1. Ayane can destroy a stadium, 2. Tengu can create tornados in every corner of the planet.
Nice points.

Remulous
No, Geese did it with out really trying. Since when could Tengu do that, I find it suprisingly amazing that these DOA bosses can do so much stuff, yet get beat single handedly by school girl ninjas.

Superboy Prime
They are still ninjas. Age has nothing to do with it. Kyo was in his teens when he started owning everyone in KOF, so what?

StyleTime
Agreed.

Also, the DOA characters almost seem to specialize in taking down foes with massive power advantages over themselves. For example, Raidou vs Kasumi LOOKS like it should be a curbstomp in Raidou's favor, but Kasum's abilities just plain counteract Raidou's.

Tha C-Master
It's called a plot device, that's why they don't count here...

StyleTime
Normally I'd completely agree with you man, but look at Kasumi. Raidou's big thing is copying people's most powerful moves and using the move against the character. Kasumi really never uses big ninja magic spells or super death moves that Raidou can just throw back at her. She also is a master a teleportation and is faster than her uncle.

Remulous
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
It's called a plot device, that's why they don't count here... Nice Point.

Some how Gouki is suposed to lose to Raidou when KASUMI of all characters already beat'em.

Cloud_VII
- Tengu creates tornados in every corner of the planet as a result of being able to bring about ultimate disaster and calamity to the world. He also does it in the game. Also, he did not get beaten by school girl ninjas and instead was defeated by Hayabusa.

- Kasumi killed Raidou with her sword and you underestimate Kasumi. She did not kill him in hand to hand, and considering she has quicker speed, and teleportation, she'd have the edge against Raidou. He can however mimic any techniques that he sees instantly.

Remulous
- Tengu creates tornados in every corner of the planet as a result of being able to bring about ultimate disaster and calamity to the world. He also does it in the game. Also, he did not get beaten by school girl ninjas and instead was defeated by Hayabusa.

- No one killed Raidou but Kasumi, and that was with her sword. She did not kill him in hand to hand, and considering she has quicker speed, and teleportation, she'd have the edge against Raidou. He can however mimic any techniques that he sees instantly. That tornado is nothing, have you seen Krauser's? If that's the case then Kruaser can and Joe Higashi can create planetary disaster as well.

So just say it, Kasumi can beat Gouki.

Tha C-Master
Nice Point.

Some how Gouki is suposed to lose to Raidou when KASUMI of all characters already beat'em. And that's why I hate feat wars/ circular arguments.

TricksterPriest
- We don't know if it was the world or not.

- He can create illusions as well.

- Do not argue with what the team makes.

- Do not compare SF/SNK top tiers to Gods because that is highly retarded.

-If he can make illusions, then how can we trust anything we hear or see about him? The tornadoes and weather patterns could just be illusions.

-I'm not arguing with the design team, I'm saying you're overhyping the characters.

-No, I'm NOT comparing SF/SNK top tiers to gods, because there are no gods in DOA. Tengu is not a god. Orochi is a god. And you think Tengu is equal to Orochi, even with Orochi's plot device removed? hysterical

1.Big whup. That was with nimpo, which is useless in a pitched battle. 2. You're blowing smoke. See the first thing I said. In any case, like Rem said, Geese would "RAGING STOOOOOOOOORM!" Tengu back to hell.

Remulous
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
And that's why I hate feat wars/ circular arguments. Yeah. There is no one in DOA that can beat Gouki. There is no one in DOA capable of destroying ships with a kick nor does any one posses instant death touch moves, yet people still find away to take DOA's side.

Superboy Prime
Yeah. There is no one in DOA that can beat Gouki. There is no one in DOA capable of destroying ships with a kick nor does any one posses instant death touch moves, yet people still find away to take DOA's side.

People still found a way to take Ryu(SF) side in a fight against Link when Link had all his equipment. It's called biased, being a fan...and in worse cases fanboyism.

Remulous
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
People still found a way to take Ryu(SF) side in a fight against Link when Link had all his equipment. It's called biased, being a fan...and in worse cases fanboyism. Dude, I had just got here, and it was my first time in any versus forum, and yes I now know I was wrong but now things are different. There is no excuse for what is going on now, everyone involved in this thread is very experienced, no one is a noob, unlike me at that point in time. Still IMO, Ryu is still the better character. The overrating of Nintendo characters has made me hate them, even Link.

Superboy Prime
lol. I didn't remember it was you. I didn't bring that up to piss you off or anything. I was just saying that in some cases one's liking of a character can make one blind. No one's free of that. No matter how many times they claim they are neutral, no one is 100% neutral.

Remulous
You may be right, although it may not seem that way I do take that into consideration, which is why I never get angry or call people names.

Sado22
Ryu sucks...he can't even beat Bao!!mad
*has popcorn with Superboy and waits for Remulus to lose it and start calling him Capcom hater*
laughing

~The Messing-Around Sado-sama

Remulous
Like I said, being a Capcom hater isn't a bad thing. That term is not insulting. It just means you hate Capcom. I can't lose my cool to a person I can't even see.

Sado22
just kidding dudesmile

Cloud_VII
Yeah. There is no one in DOA that can beat Gouki.
That's like me saying there is no one in SF that can beat a Genra or ALPHA-152.

There is no one in DOA capable of destroying ships with a kick
Ayane can destroy a tritower complex with a punch...

Tritower complex > ship

nor does any one posses instant death touch moves,
Decapitation or assaults from an energy sword are pretty much instant death moves.

yet people still find away to take DOA's side.
They can argue for them because the battle isn't entirely one-sided as you want it to be.

Cloud_VII
-If he can make illusions, then how can we trust anything we hear or see about him? The tornadoes and weather patterns could just be illusions.

-I'm not arguing with the design team, I'm saying you're overhyping the characters.

-No, I'm NOT comparing SF/SNK top tiers to gods, because there are no gods in DOA. Tengu is not a god. Orochi is a god. And you think Tengu is equal to Orochi, even with Orochi's plot device removed? hysterical

1.Big whup. That was with nimpo, which is useless in a pitched battle. 2. You're blowing smoke. See the first thing I said. In any case, like Rem said, Geese would "RAGING STOOOOOOOOORM!" Tengu back to hell.
- 1. He has a superiority complex and doesn't fight at anywhere close to his full potential, 2. They were not illusions because they hurt you.

- I'm not overhyping characters if I'm only saying facts about them.

- He's a god in the KOF universe, and if people who are not gods are capable of beating him, others can to. I'm not going to argue that Tengu is a god, but if he can cause destruction to an entire planet and bring about ultimate calamity, I would put him on par with a "god". I was also saying not to compare him to real gods such as the Presence from DC for example.

- 1. It doesn't matter. It's not useless because it grants the user invulnerability during the process. Some techniques are also undodgeable, i.e., Inazuma, 2. Umm..., 3. He'd just rip a hole in the space and appear in another dimension.

Remulous
Originally posted by Sado22
just kidding dudesmile

~The Invincible Sado-sama Oh, I know!

Remulous
That's like me saying there is no one in SF that can beat a Genra or ALPHA-152. What I said was true. This: "no one in SF that can beat a Genra or ALPHA-152" is not

Ayane can destroy a tritower complex with a punch...

Tritower complex > ship That was Nimpo, not her own power, it was magic that took to long to preform. Despite what you may think, she did not destroy the tower. Helena did with the self destruct mechanisim

Decapitation or assaults from an energy sword are pretty much instant death moves. A todler can decapitate some one with a F**kin energy sword, whoopty F**kin do.

They can argue for them because the battle isn't entirely one-sided as you want it to be. This fight isn't as one sided as YOU want it to be.

Breathe easy...Cloud.

Cloud_VII
What I said was true. This: "no one in SF that can beat a Genra or ALPHA-152" is not
Riiight laughing

That was Nimpo, not her own power, it was magic that took to long to preform.
Doesn't matter since she can still do it; it's her technique after all.

Despite what you may think, she did not destroy the tower. Helena did with the self destruct mechanisim
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DO3vzVPk3ik

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cmp3eXQ7fkE

Ayane has pledged her life to her half-brother and Mugen Tenshin Clan leader Hayate in his cause to destroy DOATEC for all the suffering the company has caused the ninja clans. She is successful in this mission by casting a powerful Ninjutsu spell in the middle of the DOATEC complex with Hayate defending her, destroying the foundations of the buildings before the ninjas make their escape.

http://www.answers.com/topic/ayane

I think that proves you wrong.

A todler can decapitate some one with a F**kin energy sword, whoopty F**kin do.
You should calm down some time soon. Oh, and a toddler with an energy sword poses no threat to me...so that argument is pretty null.

This fight isn't as one sided as YOU want it to be.
Lol...it seems you will not realize that I'm hardly ever one-sided in a debate...and I don't think you've yet to realize that I said Rugal has a higher chance of winning here than Ryu does.

Breathe easy...Cloud.
I advice you stop cursing and screaming.

Remulous

Doesn't matter since she can still do it; it's her technique after all. But it is still not her own strength, it aint natural.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DO3vzVPk3ik

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cmp3eXQ7fkE

Ayane has pledged her life to her half-brother and Mugen Tenshin Clan leader Hayate in his cause to destroy DOATEC for all the suffering the company has caused the ninja clans. She is successful in this mission by casting a powerful Ninjutsu spell in the middle of the DOATEC complex with Hayate defending her, destroying the foundations of the buildings before the ninjas make their escape. She did not destroy the whole building. Even if it was completly true: "casting a powerful Ninjutsu spell" . it's a spell, if a 4 year old kid knew the spell, he can do the same thing. Now if a 4 year old kid new Gouki's technuiqes they still wouldn't be dangerous becuase the technuiqes rely on your on skill and power, not magic.

I think that proves you wrong. Maybe you don't get what i'm sayin cause you have yet to do so.

You should calm down some time soon. Oh, and a toddler with an energy sword poses no threat to me...so that argument is pretty null. Me calm down? That's a laugh, I never get riled up over such petty issues and anyone capable of cutiing someone is dangerous with an energy sword.

Lol...it seems you will not realize that I'm hardly ever one-sided in a debate...and I don't think you've yet to realize that I said Rugal has a higher chance of winning here than Ryu does. Then waht the hell are we still debating for, everyone agrees Hayabusa will lose.

I advice you stop cursing and screaming. I was not angrynor was I screaming. I wanted you to feel the impact of what I was saying, it seemed either you do not understand or you were not listening. I advice you to stop furiously insulting people.

Remulous
^

Cloud_VII
But it is still not her own strength, it aint natural.

She did not destroy the whole building. Even if it was completly true: "casting a powerful Ninjutsu spell" . it's a spell, if a 4 year old kid knew the spell, he can do the same thing. Now if a 4 year old kid new Gouki's technuiqes they still wouldn't be dangerous becuase the technuiqes rely on your on skill and power, not magic.

Maybe you don't get what i'm sayin cause you have yet to do so.

Me calm down? That's a laugh, I never get riled up over such petty issues and anyone capable of cutiing someone is dangerous with an energy sword.

Then waht the hell are we still debating for, everyone agrees Hayabusa will lose.

I was not angrynor was I screaming. I wanted you to feel the impact of what I was saying, it seemed either you do not understand or you were not listening. I advice you to stop furiously insulting people.
- My point was that she can do it. No one cares if it wasn't by her own strength...

- A 4-year-old mastering the Torn Sky Blast...is pretty funny...

- You said it was the self-destruct mechanism that destroyed the buildings, but it was actually ALPHA-152 and Ayane who contributed in destroying the place.

- A toddler could hardly pick up an energy sword and I could just shoot one with a gun.

- S. Prime and Sado did not agree that Hayabusa would lose outright, although in H2H, I would say Terry has the edge.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.