Quasar's bands vs Green Lantern's ring

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordFear
I was having a heated debate concerning both cosmic weapons. Which one would you prefer to have if facing an impending doom?
I mean like Darkseid or Thanos kinda threat. Would the bands give you a better chance or the ring? Provided that you have equal knowledge of both and have complete mastery of both as well.

What say you all?

LordFear
HOnestly I would put my life in the hands of the bands

xmeat
quantum bands

guy222
Originally posted by LordFear
HOnestly I would put my life in the hands of the bands

give the bands a slight edge over rings

DigiMark007
There's pros and cons to each.

You don't need to concentrate constantly to use Q-constructs. Once you make one, it's there.

But there's probably more potential power in a GL ring. Sure, the Quantum Bands tap a limitless source, but everything suggests that the constructs themselves have a definite limit as far as power and/or durability.

If I'm facing Thanos, give me a GL ring. At least if I lose, I only have my imagination and willpower to blame, not the inherent limitations of my weapon.

Soljer
Gimme the Bands.

The ring is the more powerful weapon, to be sure.

However, if I'm facing down a huge threat and happen to shit myself, I don't want all my defenses going down. The ring is to reliant on will power, and I'm still a normal human. Not any of these super-wills that you see in comicdom.

LordFear
Originally posted by DigiMark007
There's pros and cons to each.

You don't need to concentrate constantly to use Q-constructs. Once you make one, it's there.

But there's probably more potential power in a GL ring. Sure, the Quantum Bands tap a limitless source, but everything suggests that the constructs themselves have a definite limit as far as power and/or durability.

If I'm facing Thanos, give me a GL ring. At least if I lose, I only have my imagination and willpower to blame, not the inherent limitations of my weapon.

You make a good argument but the bands will give me a edge if this battle is prolonged. Now the threat level that you are facing is as high as it can be against Darkseid or Thanos, so I can't rely on my imagination to get me out of a tough fight like that, raw power will be required

LordFear
Originally posted by Soljer
Gimme the Bands.

The ring is the more powerful weapon, to be sure.

However, if I'm facing down a huge threat and happen to shit myself, I don't want all my defenses going down. The ring is to reliant on will power, and I'm still a normal human. Not any of these super-wills that you see in comicdom.

I am with you on that point

LordFear
plus the bands allow you to jump from place to place, so if its getting too hot for me I can just bail out of the battle like the coward that I am.

Symmetric Chaos
plus the bands allow you to jump from place to place, so if its getting too hot for me I can just bail out of the battle like the coward that I am.

I think that possible with the rings too (assuming you have enough will power)

grey fox
Their both rip offs of a pre-existing item.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by grey fox
Their both rip offs of a pre-existing item.

that item being . . .

grey fox
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
that item being . . .

Quantum Bands - Gl ring

GL Ring - Lensmen

LordFear
Quantum Bands - Gl ring

GL Ring - Lensmen

not familiar with Lensmen

Symmetric Chaos
Quantum Bands - Gl ring

GL Ring - Lensmen

Ah, I see

Symmetric Chaos
not familiar with Lensmen

Its a series not an item itself

The Lens is a device wielded by the Galactic Patrol that requires a worthy wielder. The Galactic Patrol is almost idenical the the GL Corps in its mission.

LordFear
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Its a series not an item itself

The Lens is a device wielded by the Galactic Patrol that requires a worthy wielder. The Galactic Patrol is almost idenical the the GL Corps in its mission.

gotcha thanx

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.