DE Luke vs. RotS Sidious

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Advent
Combatants: Dark Empire Luke Skywalker versus Darth Sidious, as seen in Revenge of the Sith.

Setting: Kalakar Six, where the "resurrected" Darth Maul fought Darth Vader.

Rules: Anything goes: lightsabers, Force powers, hand to hand, whatever - "I'll allow it".

Let's get it on!

Gideon
Depends. Is this Luke at the beginning of Dark Empire? Because then I would give this to Sidious without the Dark Lord putting forth an extreme amount of effort. However, if this is Luke as of Empire's End, I could see him winning.

Mic Assassin
DE Luke, firmly. He's displayed greater use of the force than RotS Sidious is capable of, shown when he took down an AT-AT Walker with the force, and his speed with a lightsaber was insane, being described as completely invisible to the naked eye while fighting Palpatine across the throne room; Sidious wouldn't be able to handle that kind of speed, given how slowly he moves in the movies.

darthsith19
DE Luke. Even at the beginning of DE he wasn't far behind DE Sidious with a saber and he destroyed an entire cyber droid army with a wave of his hand, as well as collapsed an AT-least as good as Sidious's are.

jollyjim311
Luke could hold off any force attacks by Sidious until he got close enough to enter lightsaber combat.

General Kenobl
Probably DE Luke.

xxXAcStylesXxx
I'm gonna say Sidious, becuase without Liea and baby Anakin giving Luke a double surge of power, he would have lost just like he got tooled the first time he tried to take on Sidious in his new clone body.

http://www.swtimeline.ru/?comics=125&page=122
http://www.swtimeline.ru/?comics=125&page=123

Sidious as of TMP was already stated to be moving faster then the eye can see(The journal of Darth Maul Sidious outlines him with his saber before he can even blink) so thats no knock against him, as of AOTC he was already confirmed (By the complete visual guide) to be the most powerful Sith ever. Sidious takes this.

darthsith19
Luke didn't get beaten too badly the first time, he even managed tog et a Force Push in on Sidious. And Leia and Anakin helped a little, yes, but not THAT much. I'd personally put DE Luke above PT Yoda, too.

xxXAcStylesXxx
LOL are you blind? Sidious ignites his saber they deadlock and Sidious completely overpowers him and tosses him on the ground. Then he proceeds to break Luke and futher trap him in the dark side, if thats not an ownage victory I don't know what is.

Good for him, so did Yoda, and he does so when Sidious was in mid boast, and just got into the clone body.

R U Serious? He goes from getting completely tooled by Sidious, overpowered and all to matching, and beating him in a saber duel.

http://www.swtimeline.ru/?comics=125&page=143

Notice Liea glowing, thus we have her and baby Anakin, combining there force powers with Lukes making effectively tripling Lukes own power. PLUS he was drawing on the entire Lightside of the force. It helped THAT much.

I

Well thats your opinion, a shitty and wrong one but your opinion none the less.

Kadesh
Well Empires end proved leia used BM in DE, vima da boda told her that in the Millinieum falcon

xxXAcStylesXxx
We've already established that...

Kadesh
Did you? sry

darthsith19
Ownage victory would be like Aayla vs. Grievous in the Microseries or Kit vs. Palaptine or Bane vs. Sirak (the second time). Yes, he beat Luke and then further traps him in the Dark Side, but the fight they had wasn't so bad, I mean, it wasn't as close as Yoda vs. Palpatine or anything but Luke didn't do to badly.

Then Sidious shouldn't have been boasting. The point is Luke did get one hit on him with the Force.

he didn't get pwnd to badly the first time, and Empire's End states that Leia used a premature form of Battle Meditation, indicating that it probably wasn't very strong, just enough to give Luke the help he needed to win.

I doubt fetus Anakin did anything, he doesn't even know Battle Meditation.

How is that wrong? Most ppl here agree with that and I doubt Yoda could destroy an advanced Cyber Droid army with a wave of his hand.

Gideon
Luke's Force push on Sidious was a smart move, and Sidious was foolish to allow Luke to get one in. But the same thing happened with Sidious and Yoda in RotS. Sidious could have killed Yoda very easily had he not continued to boast and gloat over his victory, but he didn't. That still doesn't change the fact that he could have. Or that Yoda could have likely disabled Sidious's lightning had he not went in outrageously cocky.

xxXAcStylesXxx
Please do tell me how he DIDN'T do bad. How does getting completely overpowered and disarmed in one stroke NOT = ownage? Luke got shitted on. Period.

Again so the f*ck what...

"Whew he force pushed him he MUST be a GODD!!!!"

Raynar force pushed an unprepared DN Luke does he too = God? Its easy to use one offensive force power to an unprepared foe that does absolutely no damage at all. Why would Sidious defend? Luke at that point couldn't harm him in anyway, Sidious knew it and Luke knew too. Thats why he goes from talking all his Jedi tough talk to begging like a b*tch for Liea to save him.

What is your point? It was premature because Liea didn't know what she was doing all she thought was "hey I'm gonna combine my power with my brother" And really, since the power of a force ability is directly tied to how powerful they are in the force we can logically assume that it was infact a LARGE boost, based on Liea pretty much having the same potential as Luke, then we have the fact that Luke goes from being completely overpowered and disarmed with one attack to going toe to toe with Palpatine AND cutting off his hand.

DE Handbook as well as pretty much EVERY other source regarding the battle says otherwise. Knowing the technique is regardless, as Liea proved.

"Together with a third force wielder stirring in her womb, Luke and Liea were able to overcome the Emperor with Lightside energy."

http://www.swtimeline.ru/?comics=125&page=165

And before you say that was in regards to the force storm:

"Listen to me Liea...we can stop him...I've read his dark books according to his own word he cannot control the chaos he has awakened. Join your Jedi power to mine."

" I already am, Luke haven't you sensed it."

They were both bolstering him all throughout the duel, hence Liea glowing in the back ground.

http://www.swtimeline.ru/?comics=125&page=145

Do I give a shit what "Most ppl" here agree on? Appeal to Majority/Consensus is a logical fallacy. Considering Yoda has tossed ships at each other with the wave of his hand it pretty much trumps that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.