Gladiator vs Namor and Aquaman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
they are sealed inside a 20' thick sphere of true adamantium that is completely filled with water. the sphere has a radius of half a mile. glads has 15 minutes of air.

can the 2 last 15 minutes with the dreaded 'ripper of stars"? can they take him out BEFORE the time-limit?

shifty

snoopdogg
While Glads is pounding Namor into a puddle of fish crap Arthur uses tp and makes Glads feel like a little school girl who was just violated and falls to his knees crying.

Like Cassandra Nova did to him.

guy222
Originally posted by leonidas
they are sealed inside a 20' thick sphere of true adamantium that is completely filled with water. the sphere has a radius of half a mile. glads has 15 minutes of air.

can the 2 last 15 minutes with the dreaded 'ripper of stars"? can they take him out BEFORE the time-limit?

shifty

team

AQUA-MARINER
Originally posted by snoopdogg
While Glads is pounding Namor into a puddle of fish crap Arthur uses tp and makes Glads feel like a little school girl who was just violated and falls to his knees crying.

Like Cassandra Nova did to him.

i believe i agree thumb up

Silent Master
Doesn't Aquaman's tp require that the person have evloved from sea life, besides how would he know to attack Gladiator's confidence?

xmeat
aquaman gets killed first then namor.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by xmeat
aquaman gets killed first then namor. Aquaman is alot more powerful then Namor is. Namor is stronger though.

golem370
Can you say Speedblitz even in water. Or Eye beams evaporating the water. Freezing Breath freezing the water and the team

leonidas
freeze breath . . .? confused

how does he draw breath to expel it? the water wouldn't evaporate -- the adamantium would keep it within the sphere, but i DID consider the idea of superheating the water to burn/kill the team. not sure what kind of durability they have to extreme heat. the fact that it would turn to steam wouldn't affect them either -- water is water, whether it is steam or not. but the superheating . . .?

i think it would be interesting to see if the tp would work on glads as well. how have the x-people done tp-wise against galds? i can't recall off-hand . . .

golem370
He is faster and tougher. He can survive in space. If he can do freezing breath which I don't know if he can he should be able to do it in water right?

Newjak
freeze breath . . .? confused

how does he draw breath to expel it? the water wouldn't evaporate -- the adamantium would keep it within the sphere, but i DID consider the idea of superheating the water to burn/kill the team. not sure what kind of durability they have to extreme heat. the fact that it would turn to steam wouldn't affect them either -- water is water, whether it is steam or not. but the superheating . . .?

i think it would be interesting to see if the tp would work on glads as well. how have the x-people done tp-wise against galds? i can't recall off-hand . . . That is a good though because if he could superheat the water depending on how hot his Heat Vision thing he could boil them alive. Anyone know how hot his eyes are supposed to be?

Madvillain
in water the team wins, outside of water they die horribly.

leonidas
but golem, glads needs to draw in breath to expel it. in this case, he could use the breath he is holding, but, if he used it he would end of drowning himself. after all, this IS a lot of water and it would NOT be easy for him to freeze it.

leonidas
Originally posted by Newjak
That is a good though because if he could superheat the water depending on how hot his Heat Vision thing he could boil them alive. Anyone know how hot his eyes are supposed to be?

yeah. like i said, only problem is their durability. are they durable enough to AVOID being boiled alive? hasn't namor survived in lava, or something . . .?

it totally depends on their durability. there is also the question of whether or not he could dehydrate them by superheating the water.

to tell you the truth -- i'm not sure . . .

Newjak
yeah. like i said, only problem is their durability. are they durable enough to AVOID being boiled alive? hasn't namor survived in lava, or something . . .?

it totally depends on their durability. there is also the question of whether or not he could dehydrate them by superheating the water.

to tell you the truth -- i'm not sure . . . As for dehydrating them I would say no. There isn't anywhere for the moisture to go so more than likely they stay hydrated. Although along with the heat the pressure would go way up. Think about ti with the water turning to gas where the moelcues couldn't spread out they would literally be pushing against everyone putting added pressure on them.

Plus if he did this then their could eb a possibility of some breathable air entering into the fray meaning Glads could go longer than the 15 minutes.

Either way though I think Aquaman could TP him if Glads attack's Namor first.

golem370
Alright he heats the water and then freeze them laughing out loud

xmeat
Aquaman is alot more powerful then Namor is. Namor is stronger though. laughing laughing laughing laughing namor kills aquafag.

snoopdogg
I never thought the idea of Glads heating the water with his hv. That may work, I know Iron Man did that to Namor underwater and weakened him. to where Tony defeated Namor.

snoopdogg
laughing laughing laughing laughing namor kills aquafag. In a slugfest perhaps. But at full potential AM will put Namor down. Check out Aquamans respect thread.

xmeat
In a slugfest perhaps. But at full potential AM will put Namor down. Check out Aquamans respect thread. check namors.who has ac taken down close to abomination,thor, hulk.

snoopdogg
check namors.who has ac taken down close to abomination,thor, hulk. I have checked it out slapnuts. When it comes to power AM has more than Namor does. Namor has more physical strength is all.

xmeat
I have checked it out slapnuts. When it comes to power AM has more than Namor does. Namor has more physical strength is all. you haven't seen namors waterskills have more.

BentonGrey
Well yeah, but Aquaman has come close to putting down Martian Manhunter.......he's not exactly a weakling.

AQUA-MARINER
just wanna say...u took a risk by saying that on here almost everyone is gonna get on here and say o he was letting him do that......watch....although veary good point cool Happy Dance

snoopdogg
Originally posted by BentonGrey
Well yeah, but Aquaman has come close to putting down Martian Manhunter.......he's not exactly a weakling. The guy has a massive hatred for DC characters as you can tell by calling Aquaman "Aquafag".

Aqua-pimp
Team Aqua destroys that guy... and what's the deallio with his hairstyle anyways.. cool
He looks like a mix between a dragqueen a punkrocker and a purple teletubbie...But hey i still give him props for maintaining his confidence while looking like a ***.. laughing out loud
Just look how fast all of that confidence drops when Aquaman uses his Tp to show Gladiator he looks like a gayman's ass...

cool

xmeat
gladiator crushes both their skulls.

Lucid Lui
Considering Aquaman's TP has affected both White Martians and Kryptonians, it entirely plausible it could affect Gladiator. Glads has mind armour though, and the times telepathy has affected him, it was by high level telepaths like Xavier or Nova.

Kallark wins.

AQUA-MARINER
i say aquaman and namor win cause they only have to fight him for 15 mins i mean come on...only 15 mins...and if this is aquaman with his magic hand he can use it to take control of the water their fighting in

BentonGrey
Well, I ran this through Freedom Force and I came out with a 3 of 3 in the favor of the aquatic heroes. Gladiator just couldn't get in enough licks with both of them pounding on him, and when he did manage to cream Namor, 'ol Arthur would imprison him in a hard water shell with his magic hand. Between Arthur's speed and Namor's strength, Gladiator was in trouble. He eventually lost his confidence (which FF actually simulates pretty well) and they just stomped him into the ground.

http://www.inaneasylum.org/users/bentongrey/Default/picture1.jpg
Namor shrugs off some heat-vision to land one on Gladiator.

http://www.inaneasylum.org/users/bentongrey/Default/picture2(1).jpg
After Arthur stuns him with a psi blast, Namor belts him again.

http://www.inaneasylum.org/users/bentongrey/Default/picture9.jpg
http://www.inaneasylum.org/users/bentongrey/Default/picture10.jpg
http://www.inaneasylum.org/users/bentongrey/Default/picture11.jpg
A trio of pictures showing Gladiator burning Arthur down. He just about killed him, but Aquaman managed to wade through it, and:

http://www.inaneasylum.org/users/bentongrey/Default/picture13.jpg
Using the magic hand he:

http://www.inaneasylum.org/users/bentongrey/Default/picture12.jpg
Sent 'el Superman ripoff flying (against his will)

Beta Ray Howard
Namor and Aquaman are closely matched, so saying one is more powerful than the other is honestly unfounded, and I've read through both respect threads.

Anywho, though Aquaman has done some awesome stuff with TP, I consider him to be more of an Emma Frost type telepath, where he can accel at mental combat, but when raw power is needed, he'd need a bit more of a boost.

Gladiator should take majority.

AQUA-MARINER
Originally posted by Beta Ray Howard
Namor and Aquaman are closely matched, so saying one is more powerful than the other is honestly unfounded, and I've read through both respect threads.

Anywho, though Aquaman has done some awesome stuff with TP, I consider him to be more of an Emma Frost type telepath, where he can accel at mental combat, but when raw power is needed, he'd need a bit more of a boost.

Gladiator should take majority.

issue one new wave aquaman probed mm's mind with out mm even knowing...thats a pretty impressive tp feat to me...some may ask what does that have to do with anything but it shows he's a really good telapath...and dont for get he could use his hand to control the water and like stated before he could put a ball of water around glad and make the density thicker so much it would be stronger then steel...but that would only be a distraction...he could keep doing that and drown him eventualy

leonidas
hmm, some good info in this thread. wink

Lucid Lui
Originally posted by Beta Ray Howard
Anywho, though Aquaman has done some awesome stuff with TP, I consider him to be more of an Emma Frost type telepath, where he can accel at mental combat, but when raw power is needed, he'd need a bit more of a boost. See i see him the exact opposite way. He lacks skill with his abilities (which is why his TP mainly works on sealife), but in most cases he makes up for lack of skill with raw power (like when he got through to the millenium giant).

Brutacus

BentonGrey
How so Brutacus? He's got invulnerability, (check) he's got super speed, (check) he's got heatvision, (check) he's got super strength, (check). The community has actually released a quasi expansion that allows you to do just about anything. (INCLUDING his loss of confidence=loss of power)

As a matter of fact, check THIS out.

Brutacus

BentonGrey
Well, Gladiator in what I have read(which is admittedly limited) can't blow up the planet either. This is a game, of course, and there are limitations, but there are a lot of things that you CAN do, and I would say it gets remarkably close. In FF you can see the characters do just about everything you see them do in the comics, even up to taking a building down in one punch, or throwing said building across the street. I'm glad you've played it, but it really has changed a lot recently with the fan made expansion.

Anyway, I feel like we're getting a little off topic here, so if you want to talk about this more, please feel free to PM me, alright? smile

Soleran
Gladiator flys in hyperspace the dude isn't going to drown in water.

He wrecks these two aqua chumps fast and hard.

BentonGrey
Doesn't he have to breath though, like Superman?

Brutacus

BentonGrey
Hmm, well, like I said, my experience with him is pretty limited. May I assume that his powers have been tuned down like modern Superman?

Badabing
Gladiator spanks their boxes. Flight, heat vision, speed, strength, etc. ftw.

spidey-dude
aquaman can last out of water for a period of time. namor as long as he wants. but i say glad takes them both down if there on shore.

BentonGrey
I agree, but the terms of this contest is underwater.

AQUA-MARINER
Originally posted by spidey-dude
aquaman can last out of water for a period of time. namor as long as he wants. but i say glad takes them both down if there on shore.

actually if this is indeed aquaman with his magic hand he does not need water to be hydrated anymore

I agree, but the terms of this contest is underwater.

indeed giveing team aqua the advantage...not to mantion they have controll over their enviroment

spidey-dude
I agree, but the terms of this contest is underwater. im not so sure how glad fights underwater there. so maybe AC and namor take this one

Lucid Lui
Gladiator flies through stars and whatnot, he shouldn't have trouble fightinmg underwater.

BentonGrey
Once again, I don't know that much about the character, but the stipulation in this fight is that he only has 15 minutes of air. So, if he's like Supes, and has to breath (albeit, can hold his breath a LONG time), then he is down to just 15 minutes left.

AQUA-MARINER
Once again, I don't know that much about the character, but the stipulation in this fight is that he only has 15 minutes of air. So, if he's like Supes, and has to breath (albeit, can hold his breath a LONG time), then he is down to just 15 minutes left.

welll thats the point i was trying to make like no matter even if he was able to live underwater forever the stip says he only has 15 mins of air then he drowns....so he has to win before he drowns.....aquaman could keep him wraped up for 15 mins i mean come on he controls alll the water their fighting in....

Brutacus
Originally posted by AQUA-MARINER
welll thats the point i was trying to make like no matter even if he was able to live underwater forever the stip says he only has 15 mins of air then he drowns....so he has to win before he drowns.....aquaman could keep him wraped up for 15 mins i mean come on he controls alll the water their fighting in....

Euh kind of strange iff he could drown, he can survive in space.
But ok he got 15 mins to do it, how fast can he move underwater? or on earth?

Soleran
Originally posted by Brutacus
Euh kind of strange iff he could drown, he can survive in space.
But ok he got 15 mins to do it, how fast can he move underwater? or on earth?

Probably fast enough to make life miserable for Aqauman and Namor.

All he would have to do is boil them in the water.

BentonGrey
Hmm, that actually brings up an interesting point. What if Aquaman turns the water around him super dense, imprisoning him in multiple greater-than-steel-strength layers.....what would his heat vision do to them? They aren't frozen, so it's not a temperature thing....but there could be air between them and the rest of the water, sense the walls would have become very dense......hmm......

Either way, there is a good chance Arthur could give him a seizure before he could even start his eyes to glowing.

AQUA-MARINER
Originally posted by Soleran
Probably fast enough to make life miserable for Aqauman and Namor.

All he would have to do is boil them in the water. ...all aquaman would have to do is make a thought to wrap him in a bubble of water thats thicker then steal...and he could do this for the entier 15 mins...if namor and am work together good then AM and Namor win everytime

AQUA-MARINER
Hmm, that actually brings up an interesting point. What if Aquaman turns the water around him super dense, imprisoning him in multiple greater-than-steel-strength layers.....what would his heat vision do to them? They aren't frozen, so it's not a temperature thing....but there could be air between them and the rest of the water, sense the walls would have become very dense......hmm......

Either way, there is a good chance Arthur could give him a seizure before he could even start his eyes to glowing.

veary well put thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.