Is Britain racially intolerant?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I'm a thousands miles away from the garbage that is Celebrity Big Brother UK, but I've recently been reading all the news about the racist fiasco engulfing it.

Jade Goody has always been pretty reprehensible in my eyes, but the clips I've seen on YouTube have taken her to the next depth. She and her little cronies come off as retarded, ignorant, little spiteful children, but does their behaviour reflect the general consensus in British society?

Obviously a large number of people have voted to get her evicted, but does this mean that the majority of people in England do find racial intolerance abhorrent, or is it just a superficial showing?

When I was back in England during the summer, I was struck by the amount of intolerance shown towards recent immigrants. This was displayed in a number of newspapers, but also through conversations I had while I was there.

So, what do you think? Is Britain racially intolerant?

Rogue Jedi
from what others here say, racism is pretty bad in the UK.

Bardock42
About the Big Brother thing, what I have seen I am not quite sure whether it is racism which motivates them or if they are just stupid bitches.

As for Britain being racially intolerant, I don't know.

I am glad I could contribute to the topic. Thank you, thank you.

Rogue Jedi
how about in the motherland? how bad is it there?

Bardock42
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
how about in the motherland? how bad is it there?

Fatherland.

And it is great. No racism. Nope. Not a bit.

smoker4
racism is pretty bad in the UK.

The voting was just a superficial showing

They tuk our jebs! rolling on floor laughing

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Bardock42
Fatherland.

And it is great. No racism. Nope. Not a bit.
not even a miniscule amount? not one racist person at all?

Bardock42
not even a miniscule amount? not one racist person at all?

NO, NOTHING BAD HAPPENED!

smoker4
NO, NOTHING BAD HAPPENED!

Lolz

Rogue Jedi
with all the fouled up people out there, i find it hard to believe there isnt one in your homeland.

Alpha Centauri
I can't say if it is or not. I know lots of people who aren't, many who are.

The only kind of racism I hear from people close to me is the armchair "They take all our jobs", racists. Most of these people actually have many friends from said races anyway. It's a bit stupid.

I've never known any real, serious racists.

I think it depends where you go.

-AC

vintageSW77
Definatley depends on the area
i hear rascist views every day from all sides
its the norm where i live,its worse in the rough areas and its on the rise
i hear why white people are making such comments
gangs of immigrants are groping their daughters at the shopping centre and taking photos
every day there is some black or asian gang attacking whites and causing shit
we have a tv programme called CRIMEWATCH and nearly every ****er on there causing a crime is "of colour"
this is fact
and there is racism going on between blacks and asians
a lot of young asians have money and are faking the Hip Hop lifestyle...the blacks on the other hand are mostly umemployed and are bitter so its always kicking off
another fact
this doesnt go for them all as i know good hard working people of colour but a lot of them are wannabe "GANGSTAS" who are ****ing it up for everyone and doing Serious damage to race relations in the UK
its going to pot
its ok for some middle class kid to say theres no racism when the only people of colour he knows are also middle class or run the corner shop

its RIFE

Rogue Jedi
there is a small town about 50 miles north of here that still has the KKK.

vintageSW77
and as for the immigration thing the majority has had enough
there ARE too many coming over and its going to **** everything up in the long run
i get my bus in the morning on a packed bus and apart from another guy who is uk black im the only english guy........even the drivers a Polish immigrant!

i live in Manchester the city of The Smiths,Joy Division,Frank Sidebottom,The Hacienda and grand victorian buildings....day by day its turning into little Africa

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by vintageSW77
and as for the immigration thing everyone has had enough
there ARE too many coming over and its going to **** everything up in the long run
i get my bus in the morning on a packed bus and apart from another guy who is uk black im the only english guy........even the drivers a Polish immigrant!
UK, right? do you guys have the same "land of the free" mentality as the USA has?

Ushgarak
Britiain's issue with racism has always seemed pretty mild to me. There are pretty vicious inner city tensions but that's the same in most countries.

vintageSW77
the majority of brits who say there aint a race problem in the UK usually come from well to do areas with little or no ethnic areas

and yes we have a land of the free attitude but were smaller than the USA and were at bursting point
we were due thousands of romanians but theyve ****ed off to Spain instead where this a huge immigration problem too

Rogue Jedi
cab drivers here, man, i have never seen one without an accent.

By Crom!
The Big Brother incident is more ignorance than Racism. Ignorance is prevalent in Britain any culture which allows someone like Jade Goodey to become a household name and in some ways a "role model" for the young and ignorant. Has a number of intrinsic problems. Education in the U.K. is generally poor. The "cult of the celebrity" is all pervasive. Ironic as i am posting this response on a movie Website.
Is the U.K. racist, I suspect if you scrape away the veneer yes, I suspect many have made a comment in jest that actually isn't truly in jest.

Ushgarak
the majority of brits who say there aint a race problem in the UK usually come from well to do areas with little or no ethnic areas

and yes we have a land of the free attitude but were smaller than the USA and were at bursting point

We're not actually at bursting point at all, and our racial tensions are tiny compare dto those in US inner cities.

People who say we do have a large race problem tend to be those who have lost perspective.

tabby999
i dont think it matters where you go in the world there will be people who are racist, simply because many of the generations that were incredibly racist (my grandfather for example, as racist as they come with no problems making it known) in the past still think they're fully justified and weren't doing anything wrong in the first place. They pass that onto the kids (as i'm told my grandpa tried with me) and on goes the cycle. The UK has just been highlighted because of the BB "scandal" which as Bardock said, seems to be as much sheer unadultered stupidty as anything, the storm will blow over until theres another well publicised crime involving two people of different colour that drags the "racisim problem" into the light and once again fails to improve anything

vintageSW77
take a trip to Oldham then
we had asian riots 3 years back
its there
i aint got time to post links but there is a massive problem

regarde -
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/1354441.stm

Ushgarak
Being able to point to one race riot hardly makes out the UK as a centre of racial intolerance. It's not a racial nirvana but then nowhere is. The Oldham riots compare rather favourably which much worse disturbances in France or the USA. Aside form anything else, I don't believe anyone died.

The backlash against the BB incident- which was barely even racism- shows the distaste for such things within even the lowest common denominators- i.e. those who watch Big Brother.

If you want a country you can pin down as racially intolerant, try Russia, where they are now considering laws banning immigrants from taking jobs in markets because... they don't like foreigners selling fruit and veg. That is intolerance.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Being able to point to one race riot hardly makes out the UK as a centre of racial intolerance. It's not a racial nirvana but then nowhere is. The Oldham riots compare rather favourably which much worse disturbances in France or the USA. Aside form anything else, I don't believe anyone died.

The backlash against the BB incident- which was barely even racism- shows the distaste for such things within even the lowest common denominators- i.e. those who watch Big Brother.

If you want a country you can pin down as racially intolerant, try Russia, where they are now considering laws banning immigrants from taking jobs in markets because... they don't like foreigners selling fruit and veg. That is intolerance.
how bad would you say the oldham riots were to, say, the rodney king trial riots?

Ushgarak
Well, a few dozen people died in the King riots, as opposed to none in Oldham. And I believe the destruction was much, much more widespread.

The main reason it was big news is that it had happened at all. Nothing close to it had happened in over a decade, and nothing since, and I understand race crime in Oldham has dropped in the years since.

Compared to the King riots, I think if something like Oldham happened in LA, it would be forgotten fairly quickly because it would be dwarved in scale.

tabby999
Yep, Australia has had massive problems in the past and we're still improving with what has been described by some as the "aboriginal problem," thats involved past genocides through to some of the most inhumane treatment of people i've heard of in "modern times" in a 1st world country. Melbourne has some of the most vicious asian gangs going around at the moment, we had the Cronulla riots (drunk bogans trying to kill anyone looking remotely muslim in the area).

Every country has it, Ushgarak has given you French, America, Russia, i've given you Australia, ask people from different countrys and you'll find there will be problems all over the world, not just in the UK specificly. Its like saying sexisim is only a real problem in Korea.

Ushgarak
A quick wiki check gives me figuresd that 20 people were injured at Oldham, with 37 arrests.

The King riots saw about 2000 people injured and 10000 arrests.

Rogue Jedi
A quick wiki check gives me figuresd that 20 people were injured at Oldham, with 37 arrests.

The King riots saw about 2000 people injured and 10000 arrests.
wow. thats apples and oranges. i always felt sorry for that truck driver who got jacked in LA. reginald denny? is that his name?

tabby999
Another wiki job i'd imagine

Ushgarak
To be fair, Oldham is a fairly large town, as opposed to LA which is a vast bustling uber-metropolis.

But you are right, they still don't really compare.

And, err, I think that was the name, though I am afraid I don't have lots of facts committed to memory on this one.

Rogue Jedi
poor guy. just doing his job, then some arseholes pull him out of his truck and beat the holy hell outta him.

By Crom!
England has always liked a riot over many things, mob mentality and herd behaviour are amusing except when people get hurt. Look at the paediatrician who people thought was a pedophile. He got is practice burnt down.

Bardock42
Originally posted by By Crom!
England has always liked a riot over many things, mob mentality and herd behaviour are amusing except when people get hurt. Look at the paediatrician who people thought was a pedophile. He got is practice burnt down.

Mob mentality, herd behaviour?

Why did you come back, Whirly?

tabby999
poor guy. just doing his job, then some arseholes pull him out of his truck and beat the holy hell outta him.

tends to be the people not involved in any way that get hurt in the end.

Rogue Jedi
this is why i carry protection at all times.

By Crom!
Mob mentality, herd behaviour?

Why did you come back, Whirly?

What?

smile

tabby999

I dont carry "protection" but i'm wary, in the end if you get dragged into one of those situations your generally screwed so the quicker they think they've won or the quicker you can get away (dont do kung fu, get on the treadmill) the sooner its over. Well it tends to be that way down here anyway.

Rogue Jedi
not that easy.

lord xyz
from what others here say, racism is pretty bad in the UK. Well, a lot f peple I know hate differently coloured people because they're differently coloured, and we do have a lot of jokes, but we wouldn't go as far as ban them from something because they're different, or refuse to help them. Well, I hope they wouldn't.

By Crom!
Originally posted by lord xyz
Well, a lot f peple I know hate differently coloured people because they're differently coloured, and we do have a lot of jokes, but we wouldn't go as far as ban them from something because they're different, or refuse to help them. Well, I hope they wouldn't.

How old are you?

grey fox
Hmmm...

I wouldn't say Britain is completely intolerant of races. I personally believe that the reason everything is 'kicking off' because people wont leave their damn baggage home.

If your part of our (british) society please try to integrate , your own customs are fine and dandy , just don't preach or try to change your street/town/city into a Indian/Polish/Chinese ghetto just because you don't like our ways of life.

Or to put it in a more colloquial format

"Don't like it ? Piss off"

The media never helps , Big Brother and other reality drivel expect and cultivate this kind of thing. 8/10 papers declare that Britain is overflowing with immigrants who are 'stealing our jobs' and 'claiming our benefits' .

I find the only (quasi) reliable source to be 'The Mirror'.

Anyway I personally dont interact with many different races, I live in the south of england and my community is (i'm guessing) around 75% W-B .

Rogue Jedi
Well, a lot f peple I know hate differently coloured people because they're differently coloured, and we do have a lot of jokes, but we wouldn't go as far as ban them from something because they're different, or refuse to help them. Well, I hope they wouldn't.
i have a client i see about once a week. every time we meet, he tells me a new racial joke. i have to put up with it.

Bardock42
i have a client i see about once a week. every time we meet, he tells me a new racial joke. i have to put up with it. Are they funny?

§P0oONY
Questions:

1) What does balanced tolerance look like?
2) Yes means what? Everyone is intolerant or just that some people are?
3) No meaning? Everyone is tollerant? = impossible?

Britain isn't massively intolerant, the media is going wild with immigration problems and the latest big brother shit. The majority of British people actually couldn't give a shit. No one I know personally has any problem with immigrants that come here for decent reasons and then work for a living. The people who do have a problem are the average... "DEY TUK R JUBZ" folk, which is why we see racism in areas of major cities and towns... Britain is NOT a major racist country.

Rogue Jedi
Are they funny?
no comment.

Bardock42
no comment.

Tell some.

vintageSW77

lord xyz
Tell some. Q: 2 people die in a car crash, why is that wasteful?

A: There could've been more. no expression

By Crom!
Q: 2 people die in a car crash, why is that wasteful?

no expression roll eyes (sarcastic)

Bardock42
Q: 2 people die in a car crash, why is that wasteful?

I like it. Though I knew. Let me try though:

Q: 2 Gypsies die in a car crash, why is that wasteful?

A: There could've been more

By Crom!
I like it. Though I knew. Let me try though:

Q: 2 Gypsies die in a car crash, why is that wasteful?

A: There could've been more

You seem obsessed by Gypsies.

Bardock42
You seem obsessed by Gypsies.

Yeah, apparently.

lord xyz
And another:

Q: Why do people smell?
A: So blind people hate them too.

By Crom!
And another:

Q: Why do people smell?
A: So blind people hate them too.

Waht do you think of these jokes?

Ya Krunk'd Floo

By Crom!
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo

As for Britain being a racist country, I can't say that I am in a position to judge fairly. However, the reports I have read and the recent limited experiences I have had suggest that it could be the case.

I think racism is prevalent in the U.K.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
I can't say if it is or not. I know lots of people who aren't, many who are.

The only kind of racism I hear from people close to me is the armchair "They take all our jobs", racists. Most of these people actually have many friends from said races anyway. It's a bit stupid.

I've never known any real, serious racists.

I think it depends where you go.

-AC

In the last 4 years, since the expansion of the EU, there has been a huge influx of Eastern European immigrants to the UK. Do you find that people think it is OK to joke about this situation? And, if they do, do you think that this is racist behaviour?

By Crom!
In the last 4 years, since the expansion of the EU, there has been a huge influx of Eastern European immigrants to the UK. Do you find that people think it is OK to joke about this situation? And, if they do, do you think that this is racist behaviour?

My experience of most Eastern Europeans I have met is they work harder for less. They are usually disliked by the local communities. I have seen them shouted at in Asda as they walk round by racists.

lord xyz
Waht do you think of these jokes? i think they're dumb, but always a good laugh when people are bored.

M.T. STYLE
The immigrants are taking over the uk.

their are now:
1 million Polish in uk
1-3 million paki & indian
1-2 million negros/blacks
half a million chinkies
1-2 million others

against

5 million chav racist

winner

IMMIGRANT.

p.s.
im not racist.

vintageSW77
i think for the benefit of others and yourself you might not want to refer to the chinese as "chinkies" even though it is the common name of our local chip shop as is the local off licence refered to by many as the "paki" shop
i must point out i dont use these names
i refer to them as "the lovely chinese family who do the chips" and the "over freindly pakistanis who sell the booze cheap"

§P0oONY
1 - I guess by 'balanced tolerance' I'm referring to a split that shows part being tolerant and part being intolerant. Hence the word 'balanced'.

2 - The majority.

3 - Again, the majority. Surely, this should be obvious?

As for Britain being a racist country, I can't say that I am in a position to judge fairly. However, the reports I have read and the recent limited experiences I have had suggest that it could be the case.

Then the obvious answer is no... You should have made this clear from the start, everyone realises that the majority of Brits aren't racist... This now makes your poll totally inaccurate.

M.T. STYLE
i think for the benefit of others and yourself you might not want to refer to the chinese as "chinkies" even though it is the common name of our local chip shop as is the local off licence refered to by many as the "paki" shop

oh soo you calling me a chink. even though im not.

im far good-looking and sexy to be one.

im half filipino and english. *******

vintageSW77
no you misunderstood i said YOU shouldnt refer to chinese as "chinks"

§P0oONY
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7318400081107989965

Watch this episode of a wonderful comedy... It tackles racism in the UK.

vintageSW77
and at the other end of the spectrum
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4uVYyPemPc
always played to a packed house for 40 years and a multi millionaire...and amazingly asians and blacks go to his gigs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujowb8LNXkM&NR

theres some dodgy stuff there but im sorry there ARE some funny gags in there too

Quiero Mota

§P0oONY
and at the other end of the spectrum
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4uVYyPemPc
always played to a packed house for 40 years and a multi millionaire...and amazingly asians and blacks go to his gigs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujowb8LNXkM&NR

theres some dodgy stuff there but im sorry there ARE some funny gags in there too
My video is actually funny.

Ya Krunk'd Floo

By Crom!
Actually, no it doesn't. The poll is quite clear. Only you have seemed to have problems comprehending terms like 'balanced', 'yes', and 'no'. Even after I've explained them, you're still struggling.

As for saying something like "everyone realises that the majority of Brits aren't racist", it's so bizarre that I don't know where to begin. Will you help me with that one? Take my hand...

All true!

Ushgarak

Rogue Jedi
bugger all? i LOVE brit slang. i know what bugger off means, whats bugger all mean?

Bardock42
bugger all? i LOVE brit slang. i know what bugger off means, whats bugger all mean?

I'd say "nothing" in this case.

Ushgarak
Zero. A completely insignificant amount.

Rogue Jedi
cool. for some reason, brit slang fascinates me. anyways.....

i rememebr once i saw a white guy get jumped by three hood rats (all black). he was getting his arse kicked, and guess who came to his rescue? 2 different hood rats. these new guys looked hard as hell, the kind you'd wanna give a wide berth. the attackers took off, the cops came, and assumed the saviors were the attackers. even when the victim pleaded that they saved him, the cops had them cuffed and on their knees.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Fact is, if all of this was really evidence of a growing racism problem in Britain, the BNP would be doing brisk business. But it's minute vote share is on the drop once more.

Perhaps, but - as in the Goody case - maybe a great number of people say racist things, yet still wouldn't consider themselves as being racist? It's as if they refuse to recognise the traits because of the stigma attached to the term.

vintageSW77
Frankly, I don't think I am wrong about the crime thing at all (I think Greater Manchester police figures demonstrate this), whilst I do think you are being hysterical about the issue. The comparison is fair because Oldham is the most significant flare up of racial tensions in the UK in the last two decades- but it barely compares with incidents in other countries, which puts the UK issue into perspective.

There are pleny of areas in London I could walk around and get the crap beaten out of me by white people. So all that talk really means bugger all. In the mean time, a quick check around the net reveals a lot of opinion saying the demonisation of Glodwock as a no-go area is a myth.

Fact is, if all of this was really evidence of a growing racism problem in Britain, the BNP would be doing brisk business. But it's minute vote share is on the drop once more.

i aint being hysterical
i live near the area i see it /hear of everyweek some aggro
and again parts of Glodwick and Oldham are serious no go areas...u can say youve read this and that ..dont mean shit
a lot of the attacks go unreported
im sick of hearing people say such areas are not no go areas when they have never been any where near said places
im done with this
i live here you dont......end of my contribution to this topic

Imaginary
Eh... I'm a bit scared now, I'm Indian by blood and I'm going to England soon, but anyway...

My friend, who's Sri Lankan went to London last year and she said "My cousins are SO RACIST! Like towards the black people who live down the street from them and the Jewish family that lives next door and even the Pakistani family on the other side, it's bloody weird!"

Is racism between different ethnic migrant groups common, or were my friend's cousins just unbelievable pillocks?

Rogue Jedi
i am gonna visit england in the next couple of years. i will probably ask one of the brit members here about sightseeing.

vintageSW77
i must add much of the "police" force on the streets of such areas in Manchester are CEOS who are a waste of time,whose powers extend to "can you move please" and finish working at midnight
there are hardly any real officers on the streets all we have are those idiots who nobody take seriously
they cant even make a proper arrest and as much of the crime takes place after midnight in Glodwick n Oldham this is why your statistics dont mean shit

By Crom!
There are pleny of areas in London I could walk around and get the crap beaten out of me by white people. So all that talk really means bugger all.

I walk round lots of different parts of London and I have never been beaten up.

Rogue Jedi
this means nothing. there are certain parts of my town that you can walk in 24/7 and have no problems. but, a few miles away, and you are toast.

vintageSW77

i have alomost been attacked by a gang of white lads once but i talked them round

on the other hand i have -
been chased by asians who pulled up besides me in a car and jumped out on a country lane shouting Hey white "mother****er"
been chased after being asked for a light by asians i replied "sorry i dont smoke" they said "**** you white mother****er(all that listening to Tupac has its side affects...they addopt a fake american twang and expletives) " i said "**** You" back and again....got chased
i have been told not to "breathe your white breath on me" by an asian after a mini row involving a que jump
i have been surrounded by asians on the outskirts of Glodwick..i didnt get beaten up because as they couldnt beleive a lone white guy would venture so close to Glodwick they asumed i must have been C.I.D
there have been a couple of incidents waiting for a bus in Oldham town centre at night ans some minor incidents involving shouts from passing cars
not nice but hey all that running keeps me fit

i could quote you experiances freinds and relatives have had but it would be a VERY VERY long post

ive held back on this but lets hear the truth from the man on the street instead of "statistics"

now tell me there is no racial tension

Rogue Jedi
gangs....gang members are sissies. i have NO fear and NO respect for them.

By Crom!
i have alomost been attacked by a gang of white lads once but i talked them round

on the other hand i have -
been chased by asians who pulled up besides me in a car and jumped out on a country lane shouting Hey white "mother****er"
been chased after being asked for a light by asians i replied "sorry i dont smoke" they said "**** you white mother****er(all that listening to Tupac has its side affects...they addopt a fake american twang and expletives) " i said "**** You" back and again....got chased
i have been told not to "breathe your white breath on me" by an asian after a mini row involving a que jump
i have been surrounded by asians on the outskirts of Glodwick..i didnt get beaten up because as they couldnt beleive a lone white guy would venture so close to Glodwick they asumed i must have been C.I.D
there have been a couple of incidents waiting for a bus in Oldham town centre at night ans some minor incidents involving shouts from passing cars
not nice but hey all that running keeps me fit

i could quote you experiances freinds and relatives have had but it would be a VERY VERY long post

ive held back on this but lets hear the truth from the man on the street instead of "statistics"

now tell me there is no racial tension

Race tension perhaps.....
I still feel safe in some very ethnically diverse areas of London, I think London is different to Manchester it is more of a cosmopolitan city state.
In Manchester the rain probably adds to any tension present. wink

this means nothing. there are certain parts of my town that you can walk in 24/7 and have no problems. but, a few miles away, and you are toast.

I grew up in a supposedly violent part of London. I don't see your point.

PVS

are you sure it was london?
are you sure it wasnt nowhere?

Bardock42
Thief.

PVS
macfarlane's the thief!!! mad

By Crom!
Originally posted by PVS
are you sure it was london?
are you sure it wasnt nowhere?

My Ip is coming from a rough part of London now. smile
No I am not on everynight like you, so I do get to walk around. smile

PVS
My Ip is coming from a rough part of London now. smile

princess di's anus?

By Crom!
Originally posted by PVS
princess di's anus?

You're obsessed by our Royal family and me. How sweet.

smile

You seem to love to go off topic as well.

smile

I get the feeling your education stopped with school. Am I right?

PVS
You're obsessed by our Royal family and me. How sweet.

smile

smile

You seem to love to go off topic as well.

smile

smile

I get the feeling your education stopped with school. Am I right?

you forgot something sad

By Crom!
Originally posted by PVS

you forgot something sad

No, I let you add it. smile Capiche? Of course you don't!

PVS
sorry i got you angry smile

maybe you should get away from the computer a bit and cool off smile

By Crom!
Originally posted by PVS

?

Yes, that looks angry no

What were your SAT scores? Comprehension seems an issue. smile

PVS
man i just meant to rib you a bit. dont get all bent out of shape sad

:edit:----> smile

By Crom!
Originally posted by PVS

?

Yes, that looks angry no

What were your SAT scores? Comprehension seems an issue. smile

Originally posted by PVS
man i just meant to rib you a bit. dont get all bent out of shape sad

Comprehension still seems an issue? smile

PVS
you're being so angry and personally attacking me...am i being cyber bullied? sad

By Crom!
Originally posted by PVS
you're being so angry and personally attacking me...am i being cyber bullied? sad

Then make a complaint, although you do seem to be spamming an interesting thread.

smile

Out of interest, what were your SAT scores?

PVS
Then make a complaint, although you do seem to be spamming an interesting thread.

smile

Out of interest, what were your SAT scores?

2401 smile

more personal info on me: im a 17 year old girl posing as an old man smile

By Crom!
Originally posted by PVS
2401 smile

more personal info on me: im a 17 year old girl posing as an old man smile

Well, lets get this thread back on topic my dear. The thread starter is asking a question and doesn't need your hijinxs.

smile

PVS
Well lets get this thread back on topic my dear.

smile

smile

§P0oONY
My question to everyone who thinks that Britain is racially intolerant:

If Britain is so racist, why was there such a large outrage when these things were said in the Big Brother house? If everyone is racist in the UK, surely the media wouldn't have attacked Jade and her cronies. Surely there wouldn't have been more complaints then any other programme that has ever aired.

Saying that everyone in Britain is racist based on a few bad experiences and what you've heard is just preposterous and ignorant. I have lived in the UK all my life and I have never encountered racism. That may be because I'm white but at the same time I've never been around anyone who's talked about other ethnic groups in a negative way.

Bardock42

By Crom!

By Crom!
The media is controlled by liberals. The proffesional classes are less racist than the landed gentry, i.e. Prince Phillip "Chinese slitty eyes" etc. with them it's a superiority complex and the uneducated working class who see the influx of immigrants as a threat to there own position in the work place.

smile

Typical example of a racist brit.

But we always help the oppressed..... shifty Just like the Bush administration.

PVS

By Crom!
Originally posted by PVS
when racism is used by media outlets and tolerated/accepted, it has far more of an impact and makes more of a statement on the populus than any isolated incidents or very localised urban tension.

in other words, take comfort that its such a big deal, since then networks might take more care in the future to not make you look like a bunch of racists. same applies for u.s. media conglomerates, but this one really pushed the line even in the face of u.s. networks.

Actually true.

Although I think the shows producers knew exactly how Goodey would react.

PVS
like i implied, her rection was irrelevant to them.
its all about ratings and publicity which in turn become ratings.

win-win

By Crom!
Originally posted by PVS
like i implied, her rection was irrelevant to them.
its all about ratings and publicity which in turn become ratings.

win-win

Yup, you implied it in the edit, and you're right.

smile

Robtard
I watched a special CNN report last night on UK Muslim radicals... Seems they have a large problem with groups of radical Muslims who refuse to integrate into England. A leader of one of the groups (a lawyer by profession) being interviewed actually said that England would come under Sharia(sp?) i.e. Islamic Law as it is ordained by the Quran either through talk or blood, but that it would happen.

When the interviewer asked/stated to him that, that{/i] would mean women would become second class citizens, capital punishment would be implemented, hands would be severed for crimes such as thievery, no freedom of religion unless it's Islam etc. all of which would go against the Democracy that is England; he said something along the lines that "the law of the Quran is above anything else".

He went on to praise the suicide bombers who blew themselves up in London's business, buses and "tubes". Called Taliban and Al Qaida members worldwide "his brothers" because all Muslim were his brothers.

So as it pretains to the topic, England may or may not be intolerant towards immigrants, but I can't fully condemn them for it in certain cases as it's being attacked internally, albeit by groups of certain people.

Trickster
Spooony, you've never been around people who talk about other ethnic groups in a negative way? Where do you live, then? Some isolated market town or something?

Damn. Well, I've heard racist comments from people, but, to be honest, most of those people I would count as merely 'armchair racists'. Overall I'd say that Britain is relatively non-racist, especially compared to countries like the United States. I think a lot of the race tension here comes from the formation of isolated ethnic communites within the larger white population. However, this can only really occur in cities, where the community can be large enough to support itself and effectively cut off interaction with the rest of the population. It's weird, though, because I've always thought the purpose of moving to another country would be to experience a new culture and way of life.

Fishy
Originally posted by Trickster
Spooony, you've never been around people who talk about other ethnic groups in a negative way? Where do you live, then? Some isolated market town or something?

Damn. Well, I've heard racist comments from people, but, to be honest, most of those people I would count as merely 'armchair racists'. Overall I'd say that Britain is relatively non-racist, especially compared to countries like the United States. I think a lot of the race tension here comes from the formation of isolated ethnic communites within the larger white population. However, this can only really occur in cities, where the community can be large enough to support itself and effectively cut off interaction with the rest of the population. It's weird, though, because I've always thought the purpose of moving to another country would be to experience a new culture and way of life.

The purpose for most immigrants that are seen as trouble causers to move to another country is simple a better life. Immigrants from first world country's are in smaller numbers usually with more money and less countrymen in the same country thus harder to form their own community and easier to fit in.

Also in studies held in Holland it shows that most people negative against primarily Muslims/Arabs live in small towns and don't even know any Muslims.

Most racism therefor can easily be drawn back to media influence or something like that.

Oncewhite
We're not actually at bursting point at all, and our racial tensions are tiny compare dto those in US inner cities.

People who say we do have a large race problem tend to be those who have lost perspective.

WHATEVER, anytime someone states a simple thing about Islam, and then their comment is censored, but funny, no offense for people calling Christians stupid or weird or crazy, those threads stay.....don't talk to me about tolerance, people who talk about that are hypocrites, the same ones who want to state something about Christians or Jews, but the first to cry WOLF or OFFENSE or DELETE, because they can't take ONE SENTENCE.

vintageSW77

Oncewhite
not being patronising but your 17 your just starting out in the real world...give it a while and youll see your fair share of racism...if you dont squeeze over i want get in that plastic bubble

listen ive had over the years freinds of all races...mostly afro caribbean and ive had relationships with a couple of black chicks and i myself and these freinds HAVE had experianced many rascist experiances be it when i was in a mixed race relationship,things said at lunch breaks at work about colleagues,on public transport and countless times in nightclubs
im being told that things that ive seen with my own peepers are not so

maybe this depends on the area you live in but i envy all the UK folk who dont experiance rascism...because for me its a common occurence im sure some people on here live in mostly white areas where the only people of colour they come into contact with daily run the corner shop or kebab shop but i dont
and for the last time... at least in the part of Britain I live in...Britain is racially intolerable
]

are these racist comments or attacks from "one" race or from different races?

vintageSW77
in my experiance - white against black(not so much these days but some hostilty towards African immigrants) asian against white(common) black against asian(on the rise) white against asian(a lot)
there is a growing animosity towards Somalis and Polish people too.
ill stress in MANCHESTER
this is what i hear and see at first hand
i have a few different social circles

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Trickster

Nah, I've always lived in the country, never even had a house in a town which obviously aids to why I've honestly never encountered any sincere racism. I don't doubt it exists though but I do not think your average Brit is racist.

not being patronising but your 17 your just starting out in the real world...give it a while and youll see your fair share of racism...if you dont squeeze over i want get in that plastic bubble

listen ive had over the years freinds of all races...mostly afro caribbean and ive had relationships with a couple of black chicks and i myself and these freinds HAVE had experianced many rascist experiances be it when i was in a mixed race relationship,things said at lunch breaks at work about colleagues,on public transport and countless times in nightclubs
im being told that things that ive seen with my own peepers are not so

maybe this depends on the area you live in but i envy all the UK folk who dont experiance rascism...because for me its a common occurence im sure some people on here live in mostly white areas where the only people of colour they come into contact with daily run the corner shop or kebab shop but i dont
and for the last time... at least in the part of Britain I live in...Britain is racially intolerable Racism is always going to be more prominent in cities but that does not mean that Britain in general is intolerant.

Also don't take my age as any sign of ignorance. You talk to me as if I'm totally ignorant to the fact that race hate goes on in the UK. I've watched and read the news you know. I've seen images of racist attacks and intolerance in the UK but I know that these are not committed by the majority. Every country has racism, that does not make that specific country racially intolerant.

Oncewhite
in my experiance - white against black(not so much these days but some hostilty towards African immigrants) asian against white(common) black against asian(on the rise) white against asian(a lot)
there is a growing animosity towards Somalis and Polish people too.
ill stress in MANCHESTER

OK. That doesn't sound good.

What problems do Asians have with whites? I don't get it.
Why the issue between Asians and black? Confused.

And what's wrong with Somalis and Poles?

Is it b/c they came without knowing the culture and they are still learning it?

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Oncewhite
OK. That doesn't sound good.

What problems do Asians have with whites? I don't get it.
Why the issue between Asians and black? Confused.

And what's wrong with Somalis and Poles?

Is it b/c they came without knowing the culture and they are still learning it?
Why are you not asking what White peoples problems with Black and Asian people are? Do you feel it's obvious? Sort of justified? hmm

Oncewhite

§P0oONY
Well, I wondered if it had to do with assimulation...but didn't know why Asians would have a problem with whites...are you stating that it's obvious and justified? I still don't know what's going on with Asians and blacks, is that also obvious and justified? If I am asking, it's because it's not obvious to ME, and I have a genuine interest in understanding.
I'm only asking because why you didn't ask because I actually have no idea what White people could have agaisnt Black and Asian people...

Oncewhite

§P0oONY
As I don't have no idea what Asian people and black people could have against each other and whites. So, we will just stay baffled.
I think you've missed my point. I'm asking as to why you asked why Black and Asian groups had problems with eachother and White people but not as to why White people have problems with Black and Asian groups.

soin2cal
Theyre immigrants cause they arent getting legal citizenship, its so annoying, all these asians etc coming in without it. I am not racist at all, though disagree with the freely let people coming into the country.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by soin2cal
Theyre immigrants cause they arent getting legal citizenship, its so annoying, all these asians etc coming in without it. I am not racist at all, though disagree with the freely let people coming into the country.
Then your problem shouldn't be with the Asian people, it should be with the Home Office.

Oncewhite

soin2cal
Yes, in general speech, im meaning the government. However anyone who wants to make UK their home should no better thannot to come in freely without persmission first. So i blame both.

§P0oONY
well, since you asked, what problems do you think that whites have with Asians and blacks? I do not know.

I still think you've missed my point but I will not continue trying to explain.

soin2cal
The fact is, they should know better. I have seen what they try doing over work here, which in my opinion is very wrong! They arent going to rely on the government to alter the rules, they are simply idiots a lot of them.

Oncewhite
Someone wrote:

"white against black(not so much these days but some hostilty towards African immigrants) "

Since they stated that this isn't so much the case anymore, I focused more on what could be the issue between Asians and whites, and blacks and Asians...that was all.

§P0oONY
The fact is, they should know better. I have seen what they try doing over work here, which in my opinion is very wrong! They arent going to rely on the government to alter the rules, they are simply idiots a lot of them.
I really have no idea what you're prattling on about.

§P0oONY
Someone wrote:

"white against black(not so much these days but some hostilty towards African immigrants) "

Since they stated that this isn't so much the case anymore, I focused more on what could be the issue between Asians and whites, and blacks and Asians...that was all.
The person also said that there was a lot of racism towards Asian people from White people. You didn't question that though, that is what I'm getting at.

soin2cal
stick out tongue
I am meaning the idiots in genral that decide to come into the UK working etc, illegally. They surely should know better, therefore get permission!

Oncewhite

soin2cal
Coloring in my opinion shouldnt cause confliction at all. Its so pathetic! The amount of people that dislike a person that may be black for example, it all seems wrong. We are all human!

§P0oONY
stick out tongue
I am meaning the idiots in genral that decide to come into the UK working etc, illegally. They surely should know better, therefore get permission!
How can you call them idiots? Why would they ask permission when it is cheaper to simply get passed Britain's Home Office; which as we all know hasn't been working recently?

soin2cal
Yes they are the main ones to blame, for letting them in.
However what the stupid ones do do is their decision therefore half the time its so wrong! The government cannot be walking around each road in Britain seeing what the stupid ones are upto, illegally. can they?
So basically there are actually a lot of idiots trying to rule the country.

§P0oONY
Coloring in my opinion shouldnt cause confliction at all. Its so pathetic! The amount of people that dislike a person that may be black for example, it all seems wrong. We are all human!
Says the person who says illegal immigrants are idiots... confused

soin2cal
Some of them.
Though to me all people that dont get permission first are idiots, they shouldnt do it! Then again the country should be more strict to start off with.

§P0oONY
Yes they are the main ones to blame, for letting them in.
However what the stupid ones do do is their decision therefore half the time its so wrong! The government cannot be walking around each road in Britain seeing what the stupid ones are upto, illegally. can they?
So basically there are actually a lot of idiots trying to rule the country.
What the **** are you on about... Seriously.

soin2cal
You are saying that the ones illegally coming into UK are not idiotsmessed
Thats wrong! They are idiots! You should not freely walk into a country, rule over jobs without permission. The trouble starts by these that simply canot get permission.

Koenig

soin2cal
Exactly. If things had of been stricter at the beginning though..
Just lucky its pretty safe.

§P0oONY
You are saying that the ones illegally coming into UK are not idiotsmessed
Thats wrong! They are idiots! You should not freely walk into a country, rule over jobs without permission. The trouble starts by these that simply canot get permission.
I'm sure some of them are idiots... Just like you've proved some Brits are.

You should not illegally enter a country but doing it doesn't make you an idiot. Most immigrants are just looking for a better life. I've nothing against most of their intentions at all.

soin2cal
I would only really feel apart of that country with proper citizenship, like everyone else in the place.
yes but theyre considered as idiots when theyre doing what theyre doing illegally. some of them.stick out tongue

§P0oONY
I would only really feel apart of that country with proper citizenship, like everyone else in the place.
yes but theyre considered as idiots when theyre doing what theyre doing illegally. some of them.stick out tongue
I just wish I could change my vote on the poll to "yes"... You've totally made me lose faith in the British public.

taste_u
edited

Ya Krunk'd Floo

reggie_jax
edited

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>