Arrrrgggg!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CaptainJacksLuv
Omg! i just bought this months issue of "Smash Hits" and inside is the "The 10 best ever movie couples" and number nine is none other than.....

Will and Elizabeth:

"Why can't Orlando Bloom be in love with us from afar? Or Even from a short distance, or heck, us close! So hot! Will (Orlando) and Elizabeth (Keira Knightley) are the sassiest couple to come out of a pirate movie. The love story begins in unrequited territory. Will is in love with Elizabeth, but she is set to marry an uptight loohooser named Norrington (Jack Davenport). In a bizarre turn of events Elizabeth and Will end up helping the notorious eccentric Captain Jack Sparrow (Johnny Depp) reclaim his beloved ship, The Black Pearl. They end up in love and engaged, but in the sequel their wedding is postponed when they're both arrested (yes, it's a rocky road for these two). We'll just have to wait to see how it ends in the third and final installment"

I screamed my head off and i was like "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

oops.....winkKa-Chowwink

*jcd*gmc*
AHHHH!! bawlingbawlingbawling

CaptainJacksLuv
sadsadsadsadsadsad

akanai
But which pairing won a prize? >X3
SPARRABETH!!!

katelovespirate
eh, no big deal. it's a magazine, not the producers of the film. but maybe you should hide this thread before everyone gets on and freaks out... blink

Gravitation
You all care abit to much about who's going to get paired up.
Just be happy we're even getting a third movie!

Surreal_44
Guess everyone in the world isn't such a J/E shipper after all. Look, the writer didn't even mention the Kiss of Doom and Death and Bad Things. Apparently they were as impressed with it as I was. :yawn: laughing

lovethemtigers
yeah, who cares...Jack and Elizabeth won the People's Choice for best couple....voted on by the people..that's just a mags opinion...no biggie..but yet, I agree with Kate...get rid of this before it starts all kind of trouble..

Gravitation
I also agree with Kate. You might want to ask Rogue to do something before we have another outbreak like our 'war' with KTTC.

*mumbles* I don't want to through do that again.

lovethemtigers
Someone lock this thread quickly....please.......

Gravitation
Rogue can probable delete it...Because,even if it's locked,they can still read it....

Shall I ask for closer?

Surreal_44
I think it's a good reminder to this forum that not everyone enjoys J/E, nor does the whole world see Jack and Elizabeth as the only valid couple from Pirates of the Caribbean.

And it shouldn't be dismissed as 'just' someone's opinion. wink That isn't very fair, is it? I mean, you're belief that J/E should end up together is 'just' an opinion as well, and the People's Choice Awards is 'just' an awards show that allows obsessive people to vote multiple times (and since there is no registration, you can vote multiple times a day from different computers), so is it really what the masses voted for, or just a specific group of people who are driven enough to vote as much as possible? big grin

Chew on that for a while. I'll be posting in the Norribeth ficcie thread soon. big grin

Gravitation
Yes,but lets not forget that that is how the KMC vs KTTC battle happened. Most of us here thought people at KTTC thought it was going to be W/E while we thought it was going to be J/E.

But look now. some of us are from KTTC and friends with people here. But now,this isn't about what WE think anymore. It's about people who don't come here.

J/E won one thing,and now W/E something else. It's almost like a repeat. We all might use that against each other. saying J/E won this and blah,blah.
We can't let this get to our heads. Not yet. Right now,lets just enjoy what we have on the forum so far,and not worry about pairings.

*pants* Never typed that much before...

katelovespirate
seriously. i thought we had all let the shipping wars die down a little bit. it's not like any of our arguments mean anything when it comes to what's going to happen.

Gravitation
True,and they have died down. Also,is it just me or is less and less people coming here. This forum used to be full of life...

katelovespirate
no, actually, a lot more people have been coming, numbers wise. i think it's just that fewer people are posting. and certain notables have drifted away a bit.

Chiki Mina
Omg lol. Big deal. Will and Liz is still considered a couple looool.

Its only a magazine from the fans, is not a magazine from the writers, T&T, choosing their best couples lol.

Big deal.

It won't stop me from breathing, eating, sleeping, and living, And it certainly won't stop me from loving POTC smile

Who wants some waffles with extra syrup? big grin

T.Maria
speaking of certain noteables...

since i got back, LovelyOne has disappeared sad

Gravitation
Lovelyone was last on Jan 14th.

lovethemtigers
I think Lovely has become dismayed with all the rumors and spoilers the last post I saw from her was very negative....she was not enjoying what she thinks is going to happen in AWE

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by Chiki Mina
Omg lol. Big deal. Will and Liz is still considered a couple looool.

Its only a magazine from the fans, is not a magazine from the writers, T&T, choosing their best couples lol.

Big deal.

It won't stop me from breathing, eating, sleeping, and living, And it certainly won't stop me from loving POTC smile

Who wants some waffles with extra syrup? big grin

that's what I said too...it's only one mag...who cares, really.....

yes, lets have waffles and extra syrup.....I love those....

T.Maria
see now i read in a mag once that BOTH jack and liz get captured by sao feng.

I guess they're just talkin' crap, but they were just outlining AWE....

do we know if jack get captured aswell as liz??

Depprived
Smash is a kids magazine. W/E appeal (mostly) to the kids. That's all I have to say (or indeed, type).

ludagurl3d
We'll just have to wait to see how it ends in the third and final installment"

^^^ Did anyone read that the same way I did? big grin

I never heard of the magazine...how important can it be?

ludagurl3d
Smash is a kids magazine. W/E appeal (mostly) to the kids. That's all I have to say (or indeed, type).

LOL that explains a lot as well. laughing out loud

PirateDiva
LMAO....so not even worried about this....LMAO!! They are number 9....and they spoke to soon cause PIRATES 3 isnt even out yet and well they're gonna be over...cause a new power couple is gonna evolve....SPARRABETH!!!!! Yeya!! big grin!

+ Who has the award to their name choosen by the FANS!!!??? Thats right SPARRABETH!!!!

CaptainJacksLuv
Originally posted by akanai
But which pairing won a prize? >X3
SPARRABETH!!!

Jack and Rose from the titanic.

PirateDiva
LMAO....Forget JACK and ROSE....It's ALL ABOUT SPARRABETH!!!!!! big grin

Chiki Mina
Jack died lol

But the other Jack comes back stick out tongue

That was mean of me lol

PirateDiva
Yes that was evilevil face lol!

lovethemtigers
Jack Sparrow shall live forever....it is kind of odd how he can never die...and always seems to escape death...

lovethemtigers
Ha..Smash...a kids mag...well, now that explains everything...

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by T.Maria
see now i read in a mag once that BOTH jack and liz get captured by sao feng.

I guess they're just talkin' crap, but they were just outlining AWE....

do we know if jack get captured aswell as liz??

read the rumors central on OhJohnny.net...and it says that Will is the one who gets captured by Sao Feng.. not liz...interesting...

katelovespirate
I thought Will made a deal with Sao Feng after getting caught by him earlier, and then he's going to trade Jack to Sao, but Jack makes a better offer by throwing in Lizzie... right? has it changed since that draft?

lovethemtigers
yes

lovethemtigers
it has changed...the last copy of the leak script I received that scene has been altered....Jack doesn't trade liz to soa feng....

Chiki Mina
It's not really a trading he does....but, he does give sao lizzie to have her safe..

CaptainJacksLuv
Jack died lol

But the other Jack comes back stick out tongue

That was mean of me lol

winklol

PirateDiva
Originally posted by lovethemtigers
it has changed...the last copy of the leak script I received that scene has been altered....Jack doesn't trade liz to soa feng....

Yes as a matter of fact Sao trades Jack to Beckett!!! InTeresting!

PirateDiva
Originally posted by lovethemtigers
read the rumors central on OhJohnny.net...and it says that Will is the one who gets captured by Sao Feng.. not liz...interesting...

LOL....is it me, or does Bloody Stupid WILL always get caught by the Villans?....he was dumb enough to get caught by Barbossa, then he got caught by Davy Jones, then he gets caught by SAO, and then there is a pic of Will standing chained next to Beckett (so im assuming he gets caught by BECKETT TOO!!!) LOL!!

IheartPocky
I think he gets intentionally caught in the third.

Just a thought......

willofthewisp
Norrington a loser? Will sassy? Unrequited love between them? Did they see the same movie we all did? Liz definitely had a crush on Will in the first movie. That wasn't some "oh, I love Miss Swann but she doesn't know I'm alive." It was more, "Oh, I love Miss Swann and she opened a door for me to let me call her Elizabeth, but I screwed that up and let her get kidnapped."
I find it interesting how it stops after the beginning of DMC. Yes, they're arrested, but that's one of the few scenes they have together in the entire film! They aren't so much a couple in that one since they are doing different things and their motives stop being so much about trying to save the other. Whatever, though. They're in for a surprise.

CaptainJacksLuv
Originally posted by ludagurl3d
We'll just have to wait to see how it ends in the third and final installment"

^^^ Did anyone read that the same way I did? big grin

I never heard of the magazine...how important can it be?

its an aussie mag, its called "smash hits" and its for teens, it has music lyrics in it, and posters, that y i get it, for the great posterswink

Epik
There was a really funny pirate sketch on Saturday night live. It was with Peter Sarsguard. Check it out, its hilarious.

willofthewisp
Do you have a link?

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by PirateDiva
LOL....is it me, or does Bloody Stupid WILL always get caught by the Villans?....he was dumb enough to get caught by Barbossa, then he got caught by Davy Jones, then he gets caught by SAO, and then there is a pic of Will standing chained next to Beckett (so im assuming he gets caught by BECKETT TOO!!!) LOL!!

laughing yes, Will is bloody stupid...just as jack says...he always gets caught by the villians and he never is patient enough to trust in Jack's plans...."don't do anything stupid"......"like that"

a-k-a-amber
yes I think Jack has a pretty good impression of will

Surreal_44
Will goes ahead to Sao's place to strike a deal with Sao...the 'capture' of Will is false.

Willo wrote:

That isn't a fair assessment of the situation at all. Elizabeth wants Will to call her by her first name, but he has been taught (probably by a stern lecture from the governor himself) that Elizabeth is so far above him that he can't address her in any way except formally.

If he had called her Elizabeth in front of her father and the servants (who are probably above Will in status as well), Will would have been asking for trouble. He wants to call her Elizabeth, but he doesn't want to upset her dad.

And obviously, Elizabeth getting kidnapped is completely not Will's fault, so I don't know why you even wrote that.

Basically, Will and Elizabeth crush on each other, but are not allowed to be together for societal reasons. By the end of the film, they are free from those social constraints (Jack did as much to free Will from his structured life as he did for Elizabeth), which is why they find the courage to stand together in defiance of society.

Not that your opinion isn't valid, but I don't think you are being entirely fair to Will.

Also, on their motivations in the second film. Ted and Terry both state quite clearly that Will and Elizabeth are working to save each other throughout the whole film.

Yes, they say that when Will knows that Elizabeth is free from Beckett he can concentrate more on his father, but that doesn't mean that Will stops caring about her.

And part of why Elizabeth chained Jack up is because she wanted to punish Jack for what he'd done to Will, and because Will's life was in the balance. Don't forget that TnT said the only way Liz would kiss Jack is to save Will, and that Will's life was how they could justify Liz and Jack kissing and keep it in character.

There may be lust and attraction involved, but I don't think there is love...at least not on Elizabeth's part. wink

lovethemtigers wrote:

Why should Will trust anything Jack does?

Also, Will didn't get 'caught' by Barbossa, he willingly offered himself up. What Will didn't get was that Barbossa was too tricky to bargain fairly.

Don't forget Elizabeth made the same mistake, and so did Jack, when he tried to convince Barbossa to send out his men on boats.

Yes, Will got captured by Davy Jones, but there was an omission of truth from Jack, which was that Davy Jones' crew could not be killed.

Will was set up by Jack, a fact that most people tend to ignore.

Just wanted to point that out. big grin

Now you can go back to complaining that people like me are idiots and that our opinions don't matter. big grin

katelovespirate
GOSH PEOPLE like that are IDIOTS and their opinions DONT MATTER!!!!!!!

hahaha of course you know I am kidding dear... I just couldnt help it after your last line. tee-hee! smile

See? That's whats beautiful about these films. Everyone can see a totally different layer of reality in them. They're deep. They have facets. It's brilliant. smile

Chiki Mina
Waaaa *tears* people like you are idiots and opinions don't matter!! Boo hooo! *hugs kate* mommy? *sniff* *sniff*

CaptainJacksLuv
Mina scares me sumtimes

PirateDiva
LMAO....BUT I STILL LOVE HER!!! *hugs Mina for being so right* big grin

Chiki Mina
Originally posted by CaptainJacksLuv
Mina scares me sumtimes

*rubs hands together* good smile

I don't want it to be "sumtimes" I want it to be all the time big grin

a-k-a-amber
lol

katelovespirate
hahaha oh Chiki. smile BIG HUG!!!!

Chiki Mina
Kate I love that song that is in your profile on myspace.

CaptainJacksLuv
*rubs hands together* good smile

I don't want it to be "sumtimes" I want it to be all the time big grin

oh trust me.......in a matter of time it will be all the time and for eternity!

Chiki Mina
I'm gonna work on that stick out tongue

CaptainJacksLuv
ur not gunna work, are r workingwink

PirateDiva
Will needs to have more patience.....and yes Will was dumb enough to get caught by Barbossa because if he would have listened to Jack and not have done anything stupid Jack would have had something to bargin with.....but since BLOODY STUPID WILL gave himself away saying he was BOOTSTRAP SON...then yes he was stupid to get caught! big grin Just needed to have a little more Faith in Jack!

Chiki Mina
Reminds me of that song

"Have a little faith in me" lol

Will does stupid things in order to get Liz to mmm..."notice" him I guess you could say. Not really a "hey look at me" but more like a "hey I'm doing this for you! Don't you feel sorry?"

Something like that lol

Surreal_44
PirateDiva:

And I ask again, why would Will listen to Jack? Especially in that time in the story?

Besides, if Will hadn't offered himself to Barbossa, the captain would have just killed everyone. Giving yourself up is not the same as being captured, by the way.

Chiki:

Elizabeth already noticed him. wink And you could say that Elizabeth does the same to Will then, since she spends just as much time trying to save Will as he does her. big grin

PirateDiva
Originally posted by Surreal_44
PirateDiva:

And I ask again, why would Will listen to Jack? Especially in that time in the story?

Besides, if Will hadn't offered himself to Barbossa, the captain would have just killed everyone. Giving yourself up is not the same as being captured, by the way.

What had Jack done to Will to make him not trust Jack? May i remind u that it was WILL who hit Jack over the head with the Paddle, It was Will who left Jack Behind on Isla de Muerta!

What Will didnt think BARBOSSA was gonna come after him?....He was in fact what they had been Looking for (and he knew it) and if he was any smart he would have known to keep Jack around Because Jack new Barbossa well and what his next moves were gonna be! And just kept a watchful eye on Jack cause of the whole leverage thing....by that point Will had already seen Jacks compassionate side when Jack told him about his father...But Will....being the Idiot that he is Jump to conclusions and decided Jack was bad! He never took the time to see that Jack was a Good Man!

Surreal_44
As far as Will knew, Jack was planning to trade him to Barbossa.

Will doesn't have the benefit of getting to see the 'whole' picture, like we do. He had no idea what Jack's real intentions were.

Not only that, but Jack also hesitated in the cave, wanting to wait for the opportune moment. The problem is, Jack didn't bother to explain anything to Will.

Will reacted according to what he perceived the situation to be; mainly that Jack was going to allow Elizabeth to be sacrificed, and that he would then use Will to get the Pearl back.

If you were in that situation and you had to make a life and death decision, what would you have done?

Also, Will didn't know until afterward that the pirates were looking for him specifically. Another thing Jack didn't bother to mention to Will.

I'm not saying that what Jack did was wrong, I'm just saying that if Jack had been a little more open, the movie would have ended forty minutes earlier than it did. big grin

What compassion? Jack hit Will with the boom and threatened to kill him unless he squared with the idea of his dad being a pirate. I don't think that really counts as being 'compassionate'.

So no, Will had absolutely no reason to trust Jack.

Jack is a good man, but he isn't exactly a shining example of humanity and All Good Things either. big grin

Chiki Mina
"Jack is a good man, but he isn't exactly a shining example of humanity and All Good Things either."

My goodness, no kidding. And Will is a monk. Elizabeth is Virgin Mary and Barbossa is Ghandi.

It's a game of who trusts who. Jack was being honest on help him rescue his bonny lass. Jack got him that far and so far didn't give any indication that Jack was going to betray Will when it was the other way around.

PirateDiva
Originally posted by Surreal_44

What compassion? Jack hit Will with the boom and threatened to kill him unless he squared with the idea of his dad being a pirate. I don't think that really counts as being 'compassionate'.

So no, Will had absolutely no reason to trust Jack.

Jack is a good man, but he isn't exactly a shining example of humanity and All Good Things either. big grin

ONLY AFTER WILL PUT A SWORD TO JACK's NECK! And Jack WAS being compassionate the way he talked about Will's father, he wasn't threating Will at all, so why would Will do something irrational as to take out a sword and THREATEN Jack's life! So who threaten who first? Will threaten Jack first!

I mean Jack did what he said he was gonna do. He took Will to Liz! Isn't that motive to trust him!

Will took advantage of Jack, when Will got what he wanted, he dropped Jack not even considering that Jack took Will to save LIZ! And when he heard of the whole leverage thing why didnt Will just ask Jack what that was about? So if he had asked that question the Movie would have ended 40 Minutes earlier too!

So I guess Will isn't so Much of a Saint either!

Surreal_44
Eh. You have your opinion and I have mine. There was nothing compassionate about how Jack spoke to Will about his dad. He was actually rather blunt and to the point.

Will may have over-reacted, but he's honorable enough to not kill an unarmed man. At least not yet. wink

Why would Will ask Jack about the 'leverage' comment?

Jack is a pirate. Not one known for honesty, right? Will's trust is already being tried with how secretive Jack is being.

Taking Will to where Elizabeth is being held is not enough to create any bonds of trust, especially when Jack is telling Will to 'wait for the opportune moment'.

As far as Will is concerned, that seals the deal. He doesn't want to wait around to see what Jack has in store for himself or for Elizabeth, because there is every possibility that Jack is willing to betray him.

So no, Will is not perfect either. But Will isn't as stupid as you make him out to be. wink

PirateDiva
Ha Ha! Ya I Guess Ur right U Have ur OpiNion And I Have MiNe!!!! big grin

Chiki Mina
Will is not stupid, he just does stupid things big grin

PirateDiva
LOL!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.