Raphael vs Leonardo vs Michael Angelo vs Donatello (TMNT)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Loot
who would win?

Symmetric Chaos
erm not comics

but w/ prep Donatello beats all of them

Loot
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
erm not comics

but w/ prep Donatello beats all of them

not comics? the turtles came from comics

with prep yes donatello.
but in pure martial arts, i would say raphael or leonardo.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Loot
not comics? the turtles came from comics

I always thought they were just that TV show.

Madvillain
Raphael is the most ruthless out of all of them so he'd more than likely win.

But Leo is the best tactician, and he has a sword...

but still Ill go for Raphael.

Loot

boriquaking55
The turtles are interesting because they all excel at different things

Raphael is the most ruthless and also arguably the toughest.

Michelangelo is supposedly the most naturally gifted of the four but the biggest goofball.

Leonardo is a great leader and tactician, plus you can argue that the katanas give him an advantage in weaponry.

Donatello is the most intelligent and best w/ prep.

Loot

Soljer
Leonardo has proved to, currently, be the best combatant time and time again.

Mikey, however, does have the most potential, he just fails to utilize it.

BentonGrey
Yeah, I'd have to go with Leo, he really seems to be the most skilled, although I deffinetly agree that Raph is a close second.

Loot

boriquaking55
Donny is the least gifted in battle, but he's a genius with tech so he's always been my fav anyways.

Loot
my favorites are raphael and donatello

Board Walker
In the comics, the darker ones, Michael angelo is the best of the TMNT in combat, after the death of one of the TMNT you get to see this.

boriquaking55
Originally posted by Board Walker
In the comics, the darker ones, Michael angelo is the best of the TMNT in combat, after the death of one of the TMNT you get to see this.

Yep, bloodlusted Mikey is a beast.

Loot

in what comic is that?

NiņoAraņa
In the comics, the darker ones, Michael angelo is the best of the TMNT in combat, after the death of one of the TMNT you get to see this. who dies?

Loot

LordFear
Leo takes this but Donny and Raph are my fav. Without Don's brains the TMNT are nothing and without Raph's passion he watches all of the other's backs

Loot
you think this new cgi movie of the turtles going to be good?

LordFear
you think this new cgi movie of the turtles going to be good?

Well I will tell you this much, if its like the Transformers movie, don't bet on it chief!!!Micheal Bay screw that up

Metalmanx
Originally posted by boriquaking55
Donny is the least gifted in battle, but he's a genius with tech so he's always been my fav anyways.

I disagree with this. While being the most intelligent, I'd still say he's on par with the others. I mean, the way they train is to pit all three against one for a whole training session. Donnie can hold his own against the other three, just like each of the other Turtles can hold their own against their brothers.

That said, my vote is for Donatello.

LordFear
Originally posted by Metalmanx
I disagree with this. While being the most intelligent, I'd still say he's on par with the others. I mean, the way they train is to pit all three against one for a whole training session. Donnie can hold his own against the other three, just like each of the other Turtles can hold their own against their brothers.

That said, my vote is for Donatello.

Donny can take out Mickey but has difficulty with Ralph and LEo. That's because those two fight at a higher intensity. Donny is the less aggressive of the bunch according to Splinter but not the less skilled. He relies more on his brains and ingenuity than his fighting abilities. Ralphand Leo are always fighting to be the best and can easily go into bloodlust mode.

NiņoAraņa

masterbruce
This parallels street fighter and xmen

Leo is Ryu and Cyclops - gifted and trains hard to reach potential

Raphael is Akuma and Wolverine - ruthless and doesn't give a f^&k

Donatello is Beast - smart but also has skills when needed

Michaelangelo is Ken and Iceman - potentially the most powerful but doesnt really work hard enough to reach that potential

Metalmanx
Originally posted by masterbruce
This parallels street fighter and xmen

Leo is Ryu and Cyclops - gifted and trains hard to reach potential

Raphael is Akuma and Wolverine - ruthless and doesn't give a f^&k

Donatello is Beast - smart but also has skills when needed

Michaelangelo is Ken and Iceman - potentially the most powerful but doesnt really work hard enough to reach that potential

That's the most accurate thing you've ever written.

masterbruce
That's the most accurate thing you've ever written.

haha thanks, i guess.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by LordFear
Donny can take out Mickey but has difficulty with Ralph and LEo. That's because those two fight at a higher intensity. Donny is the less aggressive of the bunch according to Splinter but not the less skilled. He relies more on his brains and ingenuity than his fighting abilities. Ralphand Leo are always fighting to be the best and can easily go into bloodlust mode.

I don't think so really. Being the least agressive of the brothers doesn't make him weaker or any less skilled. Donnie is also fighting to the best of his abilities, he just utilizes his superior intelligence as well. It means that he stays the most calm and clear-headed while battling, enabling him to devise strategies mid-fight to gain an advantage. He is a master quarter staf wielder. In my opinion (and the opinion of most martial artists), the staff is the greatest martial arts weapon.

Edit: Honestly, I believe Mikey to be Donnie's most challenging opponent.

Ouallada
I don't think so really. Being the least agressive of the brothers doesn't make him weaker or any less skilled. Donnie is also fighting to the best of his abilities, he just utilizes his superior intelligence as well. It means that he stays the most calm and clear-headed while battling, enabling him to devise strategies mid-fight to gain an advantage. He is a master quarter staf wielder. In my opinion (and the opinion of most martial artists), the staff is the greatest martial arts weapon.

Most martial artists? You sure? From Halberds to Yawaras to Kali sticks, everyone has an opinion. Also, the crux of martial arts is self-defense, and thus weapons training is often secondary, and even when used is often for form and balance.

For this battle, I say Raph. He would simply want it more than the rest.

masterbruce
Can't Leo cut the staff?

I see the only advantage of the staff is its range.

However I see some disadvantages:
1) only one stick as opposed to 2 weapons by the other turtles
2) generally requires 2 hands, meaning less versatile
3) made of wood while others are made of metal

masterbruce
Originally posted by Ouallada

don't know about that, Leo would want it pretty bad.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Ouallada
Most martial artists? You sure? From Halberds to Yawaras to Kali sticks, everyone has an opinion. Also, the crux of martial arts is self-defense, and thus weapons training is often secondary, and even when used is often for form and balance.

My apologies. I should've specified. In terms of general martial arts, the staff is considered one of the most (if not the most) versatile and efficient weapon. HOWEVER, each different fighting style can definitely have certain weapons that are just plain better suited for them. Know what I mean?

I should've made that clear when I said that.

Metalmanx
Can't Leo cut the staff?

I see the only advantage of the staff is its range.

However I see some disadvantages:
1) only one stick as opposed to 2 weapons by the other turtles
2) generally requires 2 hands, meaning less versatile
3) made of wood while others are made of metal

Two reasons why I don't see the staff getting cut:

1. If it's made out of a good, strong wood and is constructed properly, the staff is INSANELY durable.

2. Being the master staff user that Donnie is, he won't be letting his staff get cut, since he would know each and every way to parry his opponents attack so as not to put his staff in any real harm. Know what I'm saying?

Being made of wood does not lessen its abilities. That, and Mikey's chucks are made of wood, too, to my knowledge. And a master staff user only needs that one weapon. Doesn't necessarily require two hands at all times either.

masterbruce
I see the staff being slower than the other weapons, i think that's a big disadvantage.

Metalmanx
I see the staff being slower than the other weapons, i think that's a big disadvantage.

The staff is only slower than the nunchaku. That's it.

LordFear

Exactly the problem with the bo staff is that although it increase range, it is difficult to control and its angle is too wide, leaving the opponent oftentimes open for an attack if he misses, similar to fighting with an axe. Advantage the katanas

masterbruce
The staff is only slower than the nunchaku. That's it.

it has to be slower than the katanas and the sais...they're so much smaller and easier to wield

maybe not much slower, but slower nonetheless

guy222
who would win?

leo where's shredder

Darth Macabre

Agreed....on both accounts.

Badabing
Raphael.

spidey-dude
raph is the best fighter

jinzin
LEO FTW

leo's got the most effecient weapons,
he trains the hardest,
he's the strongest,
he uitilizes stelth better,

and as was stated before, he proves himself time and time again to be superior.

spidey-dude
hes the leader just cause hes the nicest guy and hes the bravest. but rapha would take him down without sais and swords

Martian_mind
Bloodlusted Mikey FTW

jinzin
Originally posted by spidey-dude
hes the leader just cause hes the nicest guy and hes the bravest. but rapha would take him down without sais and swords

why don't you tell that to shredders' elite guard...

Originally posted by Martian_mind
Bloodlusted Mikey FTW

you too....

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Martian_mind
Originally posted by jinzin

you too....

roll eyes (sarcastic)

I don't mean as in he would win the fight...just that he is cool.

spidey-dude
Originally posted by jinzin
why don't you tell that to shredders' elite guard...

you too....

roll eyes (sarcastic) give me his # and i will smile

Loot

spidey-dude

draxx_tOfU
raphael...cos he's my favorite big grin

although i believe donatello shouldve been leader...**shrugs**

python99
Isn't Donny the strongest considering he is alwas fixing something? In other words he is constantly using his muscles.

anyway

Donny - The strongest of the bunch
Leo- the best fighter of the bunch
Raph- The bravest of the bunch
Mikey- the quickest of the bunch . Yeah I know he eats a lot of pizza

LordFear
you guys remember the old school cartoons?
I use to love watching April prance around in that yellow jumpsuit of hers. Man I wish the makers would have made her cleavage more accessible. I would show her the real meaning of "Turtle Power"

spidey-dude
Originally posted by python99
Isn't Donny the strongest considering he is alwas fixing something? In other words he is constantly using his muscles.

anyway

Mikey- the quickest of the bunch . Yeah I know he eats a lot of pizza donny fixes things with his mind. hes not the strongest on the team but yes hes the smartest.

draxx_tOfU

anyway

Mikey- the quickest of the bunch . Yeah I know he eats a lot of pizza

despite Leo being the "leader", i dont think he's the best fighter, probably the most obedient to master splinter though...

spidey-dude
Originally posted by draxx_tOfU
despite Leo being the "leader", i dont think he's the best fighter, probably the most obedient to master splinter though... hes the leader cause hes the most honest one and always obeys. but raph is still my fav.

The Fake Macoy
I think we need a TMNT respect thread to document this stuff. Also, my fave was always Raphael.

draxx_tOfU
hes the leader cause hes the most honest one and always obeys. but raph is still my fav.

i know, but not the best fighter...

he's like, "yes master splinter, sure sensei, whatever you say o wise rat"...

Loot

python99
hes the leader cause hes the most honest one and always obeys. but raph is still my fav.

he is the leader because he is the oldest

spidey-dude
he is the leader because he is the oldest splinter found them as babies at the same time and age before the ooze so there all the same age

python99
splinter found them as babies at the same time and age before the ooze so there all the same age

Well I have an old ass issue of a turtles comic. It states that Leo is the oldest. It also states it in the 4 player arcade version that he is the oldest. You could probably reasearch this anyway on the net.

Loot

spidey-dude

spidey-dude
Well I have an old ass issue of a turtles comic. It states that Leo is the oldest. It also states it in the 4 player arcade version that he is the oldest. You could probably reasearch this anyway on the net. like i sad before that splinter found them at the same time as babies. yes leonardo can be the oldest from being born 2 mins earlier big grin

draxx_tOfU
like i sad before that splinter found them at the same time as babies. yes leonardo can be the oldest from being born 2 mins earlier big grin

probably, dont turtles like, lay a hundred eggsat a time...

spidey-dude
probably, dont turtles like, lay a hundred eggsat a time... ok so leonardos egg shell cracked 1st. big grin

Loot
probably, dont turtles like, lay a hundred eggsat a time...

exactly, if leo is the elder based on that, well...

LordFear
oh man this thread is going under when we start debating who is the eldest based on who's egg cracked first?
Oh boy, its time to move on fellas

spidey-dude
Originally posted by LordFear
oh man this thread is going under when we start debating who is the eldest based on who's egg cracked first?
Oh boy, its time to move on fellas where we going ?

Kento
Leo would easily win this...Though Mikey would be the he'd have to fight since Mikey is the second best fighter. Donny is the worst and hates fighting, and Raph is a brawler. Mikey can beat both of them. Leo is just more serious at the style and Mikey isn't. Leo also can't be easily tricked as Raph so Mikey isn't winning against Leo.

Loot
Originally posted by Kento
Leo would easily win this...Though Mikey would be the he'd have to fight since Mikey is the second best fighter. Donny is the worst and hates fighting, and Raph is a brawler. Mikey can beat both of them. Leo is just more serious at the style and Mikey isn't. Leo also can't be easily tricked as Raph so Mikey isn't winning against Leo.

no one would win easily, thats for sure

King KAM
mikey wins, hands down

Blair Wind
Hmmm interesting. I was reading up on them on Wiki, and found that in the Comics, Mikey actually won a tournament that made him the greatest fighter in the (galaxy?).

As the Turtles personalities have been already discussed, let me talk about the weapons. In national geographic's fight science, they discussed the weapons based on three different criteria:

Range
Control
Striking ability

Bo Staff:
While the Bo staff topped the charts (of the weapons being discussed in THIS fight) with range and control it lacked in striking ability slightly. However, its speed was incredible (since one side of the bo leads to the other) and is MY personal favorite

Sai
While the Sai's were not talked about I can estimate that control would be great, and striking force would be meduim range (sticking things can be deadly, but in pure force it lacks compared to the others). Range would suck. But the tactical advantage the three prongs provide could turn the tide in any battle

Nunchucks
Fastest of the bunch here, its range was minimal, its control lacking (since when using it there is always a split second where you do not control it). Its striking ability was not that great, but the speed made up for it. Using it as a grabbing tool could be useful as well.

Katana:
According to them, it was the greatest of the weapons. It had the best mix of everything, in range, control, and striking force (providing both sticking ability to go through the body and a full body slash).

I would personally use a Bo Staff but that is just preference, and all weapons can be effective it just depends on the skill level.

That all being said, I think that Leo would win. While ralph can take more of a beating, and Mikey has more potential, and Don could possibly outsmart him, in battle Leo is better skilled so does not need to take as much of a beating like Ralph, REALIZED his potential unlike Mike, and is TACTICALLY smarter than Don. With all this said Leo wins

Ouallada
Contrary to what has been stated, a bo is nothing like an axe. An axe is built for heavy striking, as is meant to maim or kill with a single hit, while a bo is mainly defensive, and relies on range and combinations for offense. An axe works more like a scythe, but with less range. certain martial arts use staffs as well these days. Dragon uses a long ten-foot pole controlled at the waist, while Kali sticks is a martial art from Phillipines that uses dual short staffs like nunchucks.

Katanas were considered the best partially due to the eminence of Hanzo and the rest of the samurai, and the historical battles and so on. I do not think they are taken to be the best these days, however.

Nunchucks. Ah, memories of Bruce Lee there. And yes, they lack range, but make up with it in speed and grappling ability. The one ecletic yet standout weapon for feudal Japan was the kusari-gama, basically built like nunchucks, but with one end weighted and with a kama attached to the other side. The Kama is the japanese sickle, and in this weapon could even be abbreviated to a normal blade. Users combine defense with tangling ability and the chains, as well as offense from flicking the bladed side forward like a cobra would strike, and it also has use as a makeshift garotte for strangling purposes. Nunchucks use concussive force, while kusari-gamas use twirling and flicking motions. The difference is clear.

The sais are actually defensive weapons. Don't confuse Elektra's use for traditional sai usage. The jitte, a sai variant, was actually crafted to defend against swords, and they were very effective. Sais defend by tangling weapons, and attack by moving into close quarters where ranged weapons fail. Very useful weapons indeed.

Staying on Topic, Raph and Leo are going to be the last two standing, and Raph's sais give him an advantage against Leo. By the way, katanas were not meant to be used as a pair, due to balance issues. Raph should take that with his weapons.

Loot

jinzin
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Hmmm interesting. I was reading up on them on Wiki, and found that in the Comics, Mikey actually won a tournament that made him the greatest fighter in the (galaxy?).

yes,, you're reffering to the battle nexus tournement....

previous winners to this tournement included splinter himself as well as the shredder....

however, when mikey won, it was through use of plot device, leonardo was prematurely taken out of the tournment when he was nailed with a poisoned dart.

Madvillain
Again, Raphael is the most ruthless, and probably wouldnt hesitate to harm his brothers to save his own hide. And as mentioned before, the Sais are the perfect defensive weapon against Leo's katanas.

Raph for the win.

masterbruce
My brilliant mind just produced a brilliant idea!

Maybe there is a rock scissors paper phenomenon here, as in each turtle can overcome another turtle but will have weaknesses to a different turtle.

Leo > Don but Raphael > Leo
Raphael > Leo but Michaelangelo > Raphael
Michaelangelo > Raphael but Don > Michaelangelo
Don > Michaelangelo but Leo > Don

Ouallada

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.