ROTJ Luke runs the Gauntlet!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthsith19
Since the pwoers of ROTJ Luke are widely controverted, I decided to make a gauntlet to see where most people would put ROTJ Luke. He gets FULL REST. Here's the gauntlet:
1. A Magnaguard
2. Coleman Trebor
3. AOTC Anakin
4. ROTS Aayla Secura
5. Kit Fisto
6. ROTS Quinlan Vos
7. Darth Maul
8. ROTS light-side Anakin Skywalker
9. ROTS Sidious
10. He makes it

darthsith19
I say he kills the Magnaguard in about ten seconds, perhaps slightly less. Trebor and Anakin last longer than that but Luke still beat them without to much trouble, Aayla will put up a decent fight, then Kit MIGHT take him. If Luke manages to beat Kit I don't see him getting past Quinlan, and definitely not past Maul.

Darth Sexy
I would say he loses at Maul.

General Kenobl
Either to Quinlan or Maul he loses.

Blue_Hefner
I don't see him making it past Anakin.

Faunus
Originally posted by darthsith19
I say he kills the Magnaguard in about ten seconds, perhaps slightly less.Yeah, right. When it took Kenobi and Anakin - both Luke's vast superiors - almost a minute to fend off one.

Anakin, who has more training, is almost the same age, thus having a similar level of raw power and more control over it? Sure.

The rest of these would probably take him - he's definitely not getting past Kit.

darthsith19
Say what? Anakin took his out in like 5 seconds, I have the time written down if you want me to go look for it I will,a s for Kenobi, he fought two at once and kileld one of them immediately, plus they were both tired from fighting Dooku.

kamikz
Actually, Anakin and Obi-Wan fought different ones at the same time if I remember right. For Obi it took a while, then he cut of it's head but it's body kept on fighting and thus the fight continued. At that time, Anakin was still fighting his, but he cut it down, a little later Obi cut down his for good. That is not 5 seconds, just 5 seconds of screen time with Anakin fighting his....

Faunus
Say what? Anakin took his out in like 5 seconds, I have the time written down if you want me to go look for it I will,a s for Kenobi, he fought two at once and kileld one of them immediately, plus they were both tired from fighting Dooku. Really now?

Alright, here's a link. The two begin their engagement at 2:19. Anakin doesn't kill his until 2:46, and is being driven back the entire time. That's :27 seconds for him - already almost thrice as much as your estimate for Luke. Obi-Wan doesn't destroy his until 2:56, making it :37 seconds. In short, Luke isn't hitting the :10 mark, not by a looooong shot.

darthsith19
True, I was mistaking screen time for amount of time it took to kill the Magnaguard, but Kenobi does kill one of two in an instant. But on second thought Luke might take closer to 30 seconds to kill it.

Faunus
True, I was mistaking screen time for amount of time it took to kill the Magnaguard, but Kenobi does kill one of two in an instant.No, he didn't. You need to pay attention. There're only two guards to begin with, and Obi-Wan takes them both on for a moment before slipping past one and engaging another. The one he evades goes on to fight Anakin.

When it took one of the most aggressive PT duelists that much time? He'll be lucky if he gets it in under a minute.

darthsith19
There were 3 guards: Anakin fights one, Kenobi fights two of them. He slices one in half as he slips past it and then fights the otehr, quickly cuts off his head, realizes it will still fight ehadless, fights it again, and chops it into pieces. Hmm, maybe I should check to be certain.
If I'm right in the above scenario, ROTS Kenobi killed two in around 30 seconds, that was when he was tired. So about 20 seconds sounds right for Luke.

Advent
There were 3 guards

Obviously, your eyes are having a hard time perceiving what's going on in that scene (understandable). I'll help you out:

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/598/mguards6pi.th.png\
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/3923/mguards22si.th.png

There's only two magnaguards. Obi-Wan initiates an attack with both of them, and at 2:20, one of the magnaguards moves past Obi-Wan, and engages Anakin.

No, Obi-Wan only commences combat with two of them, and two seconds afterwards, one of those magnaguards runs by Obi-Wan, and targets Anakin.

You should definitely consider such. Even take a look from 2:10 and on, because it shows that General Grievous only had two magnaguards accompanying him.

No, it doesn't.

Anakin Skywalker, who could best his son in combat by a mile on his worst day, took an estimated 25 seconds to eliminate one. Obi-Wan Kenobi, who's also Luke's superior by leagues, took 37 seconds (give or take) to defeat his opposition.

I'm personally not seeing RotJ Luke beating a magnaguard in anything less than a minute, because he's not as skillful as the Jedi of the PT, not as acrobatic, and not as familiar with such things.

Gideon
That may be, Advent. But given that Kit Fisto managed to engage a few simultaneously in LoE, and dominate them, Luke will defeat it, and he won't be pushed to his apex to do it.

Rampant ox
But Kit Fisto is a trained Jedi Master with a seat on the Council. Luke is a relative weakling by the time of ROTJ with next to no training.

Gideon
Originally posted by Rampant ox
But Kit Fisto is a trained Jedi Master with a seat on the Council. Luke is a relative weakling by the time of ROTJ with next to no training.

Argue that with Jollyjim. RotJ Luke > Magnaguard. Even implying otherwise is ridiculous.

Rampant ox
I agree that Luke would beat the Magnaguard, but feel it would give him a hell of a battle. I think that he would be pushed to his limit to beat one, given their speed and skill and Luke's minimal training.

Darth Sexy
Luke's "minimal" training was good enough to defeat Vader, so I'm pretty sure Luke can handle a magnaguard.

Rampant ox
Vader was slow - a Magnaguard is not. Besides, Vader was emotionally conflicted and the last time I checked droids dont feel emotions.

Darth Sexy
Was this before or after he threw his blade at Luke and said "If you will not be turned, then you will be destroyed"?

Rampant ox
Yes, but he still didnt really want to kill Luke. Anakin wanted to kill Obi-Wan in ROTS but was emotionally conflicted, therefore lost his battle.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.