Blade vs. Gambit

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

YFZ 350
Both have normal weapons for this fight. I'm gonna go with the ragin Cajun on this one. He's way to good a fighter for Blade to handle.

Beta Ray Howard
I thought they already fought?

YFZ 350
Originally posted by Beta Ray Howard
I thought they already fought? I don't know. Blade should be below Gambit I think.

juggernaut74
I thought they already fought? I think they had a scuffle awhile back. Not really a fight if I remember right.

Blade should win atleast 7/10. He's got way more experience as he's been fighting since the 1920's.

Darth Macabre

In a graveyard...I forget what issue it was, though.

grey fox
Gambit 7/10

Blade wears to much kevlar , by the time he's gotten the first few clips/buckles undone it would have exploded.

YFZ 350
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
In a graveyard...I forget what issue it was, though. You have scans? Does Blade or Gambit have a respect thread cause it's most likely in there.

Soljer
Originally posted by grey fox
Gambit 7/10

Blade wears to much kevlar , by the time he's gotten the first few clips/buckles undone it would have exploded.

Sounds about right.

snoopdogg
Gambit 7/10

Blade wears to much kevlar , by the time he's gotten the first few clips/buckles undone it would have exploded. Do you actually think Gambit will get close enough to Blade to hold onto his Kevlar? I don't think so, he'd have a sword sticking out of his @ss. Gambit will be tossing cards and Blade will be shooting his Mack-10 at Gambits @ss. Most likely he'll just blow his knee caps off like he did to Spiderman.

Blade 6-7/10.

Beta Ray Howard

How about our resident Blade expert answer this?

I love how in debates people assume that one person is gonna just sit there and say "shoot me"

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by YFZ 350
You have scans? Does Blade or Gambit have a respect thread cause it's most likely in there.

Courtesy of Rewmac...

http://img152.imageshack.us/my.php?image=100ut.jpg

http://img453.imageshack.us/my.php?image=116uj.jpg

http://img524.imageshack.us/my.php?image=124hw.jpg

Soljer
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Do you actually think Gambit will get close enough to Blade to hold onto his Kevlar? I don't think so, he'd have a sword sticking out of his @ss. Gambit will be tossing cards and Blade will be shooting his Mack-10 at Gambits @ss. Most likely he'll just blow his knee caps off like he did to Spiderman.

Blade 6-7/10.

Gambit dodges and deflects bullets all day long. And he is skilled enough with his adamantium staff to go melee with blade's Katana.

Then all he has to do is lay a solitary finger on Blade.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Soljer
Gambit dodges and deflects bullets all day long. And he is skilled enough with his adamantium staff to go melee with blade's Katana.

Then all he has to do is lay a solitary finger on Blade. So it's impossible to hit Gambit with a gun?

manorastroman
down with gambit hate, up with gambit knowledge! gambit takes it to just about any street leveler if written well.

Soljer
So it's impossible to hit Gambit with a gun?

The shooter doesn't determine the speed of the bullet. If Gambit is aware that he is being targetted, he should ALWAYS be capable of dodging or deflecting a hail of gunfire.

snoopdogg
The shooter doesn't determine the speed of the bullet. If Gambit is aware that he is being targetted, he should ALWAYS be capable of dodging or deflecting a hail of gunfire. Then are you saying Blades a terrible shot?

manorastroman
i have no idea how you drew that conclusion, snoop.

Soljer
Then are you saying Blades a terrible shot?

Neither do I.

Blade aims for the hair growing out of the freckle in between Gambit's eyes.

And he hits his mark.

Or, at least, he WOULD have, if Gambit had not put an adamantium staff in the path of the bullet directly before the bullet connected.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by manorastroman
i have no idea how you drew that conclusion, snoop. The shooter does not determine the speed of the bullet but he determines it's target. How is Gambit gonna know if Blade is aiming for his head or aiming for his kneecaps if there is a good distance between the two?

Is there any scans of Gambit dodging bullets or blocking them? I didn't know Gambit had superhuman speed and reflexes.

LordFear
Blade shoves his blade up in Gambit's ass and tells him to do the Cajun gator dance!!!!

manorastroman
actually, there's a few. one scan comes to mind, when gambit blocked machine gun fire with his staff. in another, he not only blocked pistol fire, but reflected it back to the target.

YFZ 350
Gambit 7/10

Blade wears to much kevlar , by the time he's gotten the first few clips/buckles undone it would have exploded. The problem with that is when Gambit charges stuff it explodes on impact. How is charging his kevlar gonna explode?

It's interesting Blade didn't seem to have any troubles dodging Gambits cards. Hmm...I say 50/50 now.

braz
if Blade can tag Spiderman, then he should be able to hit Gambit, at least thats the way i see it.

D-Block
Blade is really accurate with his weapons and fast enough to hit Spiderman like Braz said I believe he'll take Gambit in a fight.

Ouallada
Originally posted by braz
if Blade can tag Spiderman, then he should be able to hit Gambit, at least thats the way i see it.

ABC logic. Blade would be able to tag every street level then.

Blade is screwed more times than not at h2h, due to a nice insta-kill on Gambit's side. I do not seriously see guns playing a huge role, especially seeing exploding cards>mac-10. Gambit 7/10

Soljer
The problem with that is when Gambit charges stuff it explodes on impact. How is charging his kevlar gonna explode?

It's interesting Blade didn't seem to have any troubles dodging Gambits cards. Hmm...I say 50/50 now.

Because when Gambit charged the entire floor of a building, he had to throw the floor in order to make it explode?

Darth Macabre
Because when Gambit charged the entire floor of a building, he had to throw the floor in order to make it explode? laughing

YFZ 350
Because when Gambit charged the entire floor of a building, he had to throw the floor in order to make it explode? His powers are not supposed to work that way. I thought they were suppose to explode on impact. Has Gambit ever used this inta-kill tactic in combat?

Darth Macabre
His powers are not supposed to work that way. I thought they were suppose to explode on impact. Has Gambit ever used this inta-kill tactic in combat?

I don't know where you're getting this 'explode on contact', they just explode.

YFZ 350
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
I don't know where you're getting this 'explode on contact', they just explode. It says in his handbook entry. Has he ever used this insta-kill method during combat? I gotta see this.

Soljer
His powers are not supposed to work that way. I thought they were suppose to explode on impact. Has Gambit ever used this inta-kill tactic in combat?

He can make something explode as a matter of course. Whenever he wants. He doesn't have to throw something, or even create any sort of 'impact' for the kinetically charged molecules to explode.

Darth Macabre
It says in his handbook entry. Has he ever used this insta-kill method during combat? I gotta see this.

Don't listen to the handbooks, they're not always right....I'll see if I have any scans.

snoopdogg
Gambit is a stud. He needs a ongoing again.

Phantom Zone
Stud or womaniser? erm

Mindset
What's the difference?

Wild Shadow
gambit for the win more often then not.

Trackz
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
gambit for the win more often then not. why?

Enyalus
Originally posted by Trackz
why?
Because he's better than Blade in every way that matters in a fight.

Trackz
Originally posted by Enyalus
Because he's better than Blade in every way that matters in a fight. example? he doesnt have super strength so thats out...

Enyalus
example? he doesnt have super strength so thats out...
Faster. More agile. More versatile. He's also a great fencer, so Blade doesn't completely outclass him there.

Trackz
Faster. More agile. More versatile. He's also a great fencer, so Blade doesn't completely outclass him there. blade has beaten a vampire who had beaten all of the greatest fencer's in europe, and how is he faster?

Enyalus
blade has beaten a vampire who had beaten all of the greatest fencer's in europe,
I knew that. stick out tongue

and how is he faster?
Because Blade doesn't have the speed feats to compare.

Trackz

I knew that. stick out tongue

Because Blade doesn't have the speed feats to compare. what has gambit done?

Enyalus
what has gambit done?
Caught bullets with his hand and deflected as well as dodged thousands of rounds of machine gun fire.

What has Blade done? (I ask already knowing, since I have 3 volumes of Blade stick out tongue)

Trackz
Caught bullets with his hand and deflected as well as dodged thousands of rounds of machine gun fire.

What has Blade done? (I ask already knowing, since I have 3 volumes of Blade stick out tongue) he's caught a bullet?? is that in the respect thread?

Phantom Zone

What has Blade done? (I ask already knowing, since I have 3 volumes of Blade stick out tongue)

The bullet was big.

http://img209.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=97259_X-Men_3001_-_Rubicon_-_33_122_528lo.jpg&loc=loc528

Not that impressive.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
The bullet was big.

http://img209.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=97259_X-Men_3001_-_Rubicon_-_33_122_528lo.jpg&loc=loc528

Not that impressive.

oh because a bullet a high calibur bullet means that it not impressive becauses he caught it......your logic is astounding.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
The bullet was big.

Not that impressive.

your joking right? i mean in the same scans he is deflecting automatic fire with his staff with easy and he turns around and catches a high caliber exploding round and you say its not remotely impressive? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Trackz
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
your joking right? i mean in the same scans he is deflecting automatic fire with his staff with easy and he turns around and catches a high caliber exploding round and you say its not remotely impressive? roll eyes (sarcastic) blade has blocked bullets from a cyborg too

Battlehammer
blade has blocked bullets from a cyborg too
he never caught a bullet nor dodge and blocked the amount of firer gambit has.

Trackz
Originally posted by Battlehammer
he never caught a bullet nor dodge and blocked the amount of firer gambit has. gambit didn't appear to have any speed advantage when they fought though.

and there are plenty of people who have never caught a bullet/blocked machine gun fire but are still faster than gambit (sabretooth)

Battlehammer
gambit didn't appear to have any speed advantage when they fought though.

and there are plenty of people who have never caught a bullet/blocked machine gun fire but are still faster than gambit (sabretooth)
the fight lasted for seconds and gambit got the better of blade.

Trackz
the fight lasted for seconds and gambit got the better of blade. no he didn't they both landed unharmed and it didn't go any farther than that...

Battlehammer
no he didn't they both landed unharmed and it didn't go any farther than that...
actaully blade was knocked over.........and gambit landed fine on his feet...like I said gambit got the better of blade and the encounter last seconds.

Wild Shadow
pretty sure blade landed face first in the ground and gambit made some smart@$$ remark about him being the batman iirc

Trackz
actaully blade was knocked over.........and gambit landed fine on his feet...like I said gambit got the better of blade and the encounter last seconds. he wasn't knocked over, he lands on all fours, he had to since mid-air he was upside down and gambit was still right side-up.

Trackz
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Blade%20fights/BladevsGambit2.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Blade%20fights/BladevsGambit3.jpg

here we go, blade tries to cut him, gambit blocks, gambit tries to kick him, blade blocks then they land, gambit crouching, blade on all fours.

they should have the two team up again

Battlehammer
yes like i said gambit got the better of him, gambit landed on his feat, blade landed on his stomack. thank you for show evdiences which proves my point.

Not saying this proves gambit wins, nor should it be used to say this, however gambit came out a head in the exchange, sure blade was not hurt, but he certainly came out looking worses which is quite easy to see from the fact gambit landed on his feat and balde did not.

Trackz
yes like i said gambit got the better of him, gambit landed on his feat, blade landed on his stomack. thank you for show evdiences which proves my point.

Not saying this proves gambit wins, nor should it be used to say this, however gambit came out a head in the exchange, sure blade was not hurt, but he certainly came out looking worses which is quite easy to see from the fact gambit landed on his feat and balde did not. look at the scan. blades stomach isn't touching the ground, he's holding himself up. that's why you can see a shadow beneath blade.

snoopdogg
he never caught a bullet nor dodge and blocked the amount of firer gambit has. Instead of downplaying every f*cking thing Blade has ever done why don't you just say who you think wins? Every thread you post in it with Blade you blabber your f*cking mouth.

snoopdogg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Blade%20fights/BladevsGambit2.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Blade%20fights/BladevsGambit3.jpg

here we go, blade tries to cut him, gambit blocks, gambit tries to kick him, blade blocks then they land, gambit crouching, blade on all fours.

they should have the two team up again Gambit didn't land that kick it looks to me. There wasn't a impact outline like there is on Gambit's feet when he landed. Or when he blocked Blade's sword with his bo staff. It looks to me he rolled with it.

Mindset
Why would they write "Thwuk" if Gambit didn't actually hit him?

snoopdogg
Probably to indicate he did throw a kick or a sweep. That looks like it's a sliding sound effect imo. Kinda like the infamous "snikt".

Trackz
their fight was pretty much a stalemate anyway, gambit doesn't have any speed advantage

snoopdogg
their fight was pretty much a stalemate anyway, gambit doesn't have any speed advantage Blade wasn't written as a vampire yet then either.

Battlehammer
Instead of downplaying every f*cking thing Blade has ever done why don't you just say who you think wins? Every thread you post in it with Blade you blabber your f*cking mouth.
what am I down playing? he trying to say that becauses blade match gambit for one pannel that means he as fast as him, thats retarded, that like literally a second of fighting. That alone would not prove blade to be equals in speed with gambit. How about yous top up playign every feat of blades. Blade came out worses then gambit, it clear by the sound and how blade landed compared to gambit, or are u suggesting blade coudl not land a back flipp he did?

calm your self, no need to get so mad because people dont agree tha blade owns all, nor do I agree with most of your interpertations of blades fights inwhich you clearly let yoru bias blind you from what occured.

Battlehammer
their fight was pretty much a stalemate anyway, gambit doesn't have any speed advantage
actaully he does, gambit has superior reflex feats and agility feats. so yes gambit is the quicker of the two.

Trackz
actaully he does, gambit has superior reflex feats and agility feats. so yes gambit is the quicker of the two. in their fight the any advantage you feel he had wasn't apparent...

other than that blades speed feats are right there with his, and he has some that gambit doesn't have.

Battlehammer
in their fight the any advantage you feel he had wasn't apparent...

other than that blades speed feats are right there with his, and he has some that gambit doesn't have.
the fight latest seconds. You have to be kidding me, you relies that one two second fight does not inwhich blade did not seem slower does not make it a fatc baldes not slower. Just means the fight was to short to tell anything which si what occured.

You wanna match feats? becuase gambit has superior ones in agility and reflex.

snoopdogg
the fight latest seconds. You have to be kidding me, you relies that one two second fight does not inwhich blade did not seem slower does not make it a fatc baldes not slower. Just means the fight was to short to tell anything which si what occured.

You wanna match feats? becuase gambit has superior ones in agility and reflex. Are you American? This is a serious question.

Battlehammer
Are you American? This is a serious question.
No sure what beigng American has anything to do with this debate.

Trackz

You wanna match feats? becuase gambit has superior ones in agility and reflex.

the topic wasn't about agility, it was one of pure speed

snoopdogg
what am I down playing? he trying to say that becauses blade match gambit for one pannel that means he as fast as him, thats retarded, that like literally a second of fighting. That alone would not prove blade to be equals in speed with gambit. How about yous top up playign every feat of blades. Blade came out worses then gambit, it clear by the sound and how blade landed compared to gambit, or are u suggesting blade coudl not land a back flipp he did?

calm your self, no need to get so mad because people dont agree tha blade owns all, nor do I agree with most of your interpertations of blades fights inwhich you clearly let yoru bias blind you from what occured. I don't see how Gambit couldn't hit Blade with his cards but he managed to kick him. I don't think the kick landed.

Battlehammer
I also like to mention that though Gambit is superior to Blade in reflex speed and perhaps combat movement speed he is not enough so that Blade would not be able to keep up and would not be much of a factor if at all in a fight. Gambit however does have an agility edge

snoopdogg
No sure what beigng American has anything to do with this debate. It has nothing to do with this debate. Just trying to understand why you make so many spelling errors.

Battlehammer
I don't see how Gambit couldn't hit Blade with his cards but he managed to kick him. I don't think the kick landed.
becauses there a huge differences in dodge a projectile and a kick especially when it a card not even a dam bullet. come on now this is what I am talking about. Becuase gambit dident land with a card that means his kick dident land, that just wishful thinking on your part.

Trackz
I also like to mention that though Gambit is superior to Blade in reflex speed and perhaps combat movement speed he is not enough so that Blade would not be able to keep up and would not be much of a factor if at all in a fight. Gambit however does have an agility edge I doubt that edge helps him win the fight however.

snoopdogg
becauses there a huge differences in dodge a projectile and a kick especially when it a card not even a dam bullet. come on now this is what I am talking about. Becuase gambit dident land with a card that means his kick dident land, that just wishful thinking on your part. Don't you mean a projectile that explodes? Not just any projectile.

Battlehammer
It has nothing to do with this debate. Just trying to understand why you make so many spelling errors.
why would being american make me have bad spelling errors?

I have spellign erros, becuase I dont uses spell check ever, I type to fast and have dyslexia

Battlehammer
Don't you mean a projectile that explodes? Not just any projectile.

Yes, but it much slower then a bullet, much easier to dodge espcially since Gambit would not have charge it at lethal levels.

also it a comic book fact it harder to dodge punches and kicks then projectiles.

Battlehammer
open areana depends on a lot of things, like blade equiptment, are they aiming to kill ect. either fighter could win, if it went melee blade should win.

namorsubby
blade cuts his head off

juggernaut74
Originally posted by namorsubby
blade cuts his head off Not likely.

Trackz
bullet!

Aries_04
Originally posted by manorastroman
down with gambit hate, up with gambit knowledge! gambit takes it to just about any street leveler if written well.

I agree

Trackz
Originally posted by Aries_04
I agree Blade's not street level, he's low meta, he's also been upgraded since he stalemated Gambit

Mindset
What's street level?

Trackz
Originally posted by Mindset
What's street level? I would assume one with no super powers like punisher, moon knight, current black panther, and daredevil

juggernaut74
DareDevil has powers.

Aries_04
Blade's not street level, he's low meta, he's also been upgraded since he stalemated Gambit

Yea....and Gambit charges organic matter now

Trackz
Originally posted by juggernaut74
DareDevil has powers. the power to be blind...echolocation isn't really a power plenty of people do it...just no to his degree, and every street leveler performs to an absurd degree, that doesn't mean they have superpowers

Trackz
Yea....and Gambit charges organic matter now point being? Blade stalemated gambit as a human and since then has gotten faster/stronger/all around better. and he still has the range advantage thanks to the guns.

SasuOna
He hardly stalemated Gambit
Gambit is a bullet timer why would he be worried about Blade shooting his guns?

The only issue I see in this fight is when it comes down to H2H because Gambit isn't that good as a H2H fighter but he can always just fall back on his powers to grant him an insta kill

Trackz
Originally posted by SasuOna
He hardly stalemated Gambit
Gambit is a bullet timer why would he be worried about Blade shooting his guns?

The only issue I see in this fight is when it comes down to H2H because Gambit isn't that good as a H2H fighter but he can always just fall back on his powers to grant him an insta kill everyones a bullet timer, they do it by aim dodging usually though, Blade has shot opponents who're faster than Gambit though.

Why would it come to hand to hand when Blade carries a wide assortment of knives, swords, and stakes with him?

not only that but Blade has taken blasts stronger than gambits as well

namorsubby
Blade

Aries_04
point being? Blade stalemated gambit as a human and since then has gotten faster/stronger/all around better. and he still has the range advantage thanks to the guns.

Gambit has superhuman agility and dexterity.....bullets job to Gambit. And as far as him charging organic matter, all he has to do is touch blade to win.

Trackz
Gambit has superhuman agility and dexterity.....bullets job to Gambit. And as far as him charging organic matter, all he has to do is touch blade to win.

he has enhanced agility, different than superhuman. so youre saying bullets are slower for gambit than they are for other people? I know gambit has done his fair share of bullet dodging and blocking, that's no special feat though, plenty of people do it because they're usually faster than the one behind the gun which isn't the case here.

he blew up daken arm and all daken lost was the muscle around his arm, blade's taken more than that and kept fighting, if gambit reaches out to touch Blade he's lose his hand, again Blade has plenty of hand held weaponry to fall back on.

Gambit might be able to significantly harm Blade if he touches him, but it probably wont happen.

Blade should win 6-7/10

SasuOna
Gambit is charging the atomic structure of whatever hes touching if he wanted to blow up your entire body it would be simple for him.

Blade isn't coming back from that

StiltmanFTW
Yea....and Gambit charges organic matter now

No, he doesn't.

He charged the material on Daken's arm, not the flesh itself.

Mindset
Yes he does

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Mindset
Yes he does

Then I must have missed something.

Mindset
Typical.

Trackz
Gambit is charging the atomic structure of whatever hes touching if he wanted to blow up your entire body it would be simple for him.

Blade isn't coming back from that CIS for one, if he didnt do it against Daken hes not going to do it against Blade, not only that but youre acting as if just because Gambit can blow up Blade he wins. All Blade has to do is put a bullet in gambits head to win, and thats much more likely to occur than for Gambit to touch a faster more skilled opponent.

SasuOna
He didn't do it to Daken because he was only trying to blow up his arm is it that hard for you to understand?
Blade isn't winning this

Trackz
He didn't do it to Daken because he was only trying to blow up his arm is it that hard for you to understand?
Blade isn't winning this he didn't blow up daken because he was trying (and failed) to blow off dakens arm?

juggernaut74
point being? Blade stalemated gambit as a human and since then has gotten faster/stronger/all around better. and he still has the range advantage thanks to the guns. You have scans of that again? It's been a awhile since I saw it, did Gambit fight H2H or was he using his powers?

Trackz
Originally posted by juggernaut74
You have scans of that again? It's been a awhile since I saw it, did Gambit fight H2H or was he using his powers? they're on the first page, he threw cards but blade dodged them

YFZ 350
Still a good fight.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.