How many of you have wanted to be superheroes?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

masterbruce
When I was younger, I had dreams of being a superhero. I wished I had superpowers like Superman and daydreamed of being a famous and beloved hero.

As I got older, I realized superpowers were not possible, and I wanted to model myself more after human heroes like Batman or Iron Man. I used to think I would be a billionaire one day and build my own suit of high tech armor and stuff.

So, my question is, how many of you have daydreamed yourself as superheroes?

NiņoAraņa
i'm still waiting for my spider-bite dammit no expression

Soljer
I have to stay away from this thread....

It would just be too easy.

Kallark-Kent
I'm now about 2ft. I tried to get a bite off every insect I saw in radioactive waste.

I now am 2 ft, 8 eyes and no feet. no expression

Entity
I think everyone has at one point or another even people that have never read comics. Yea I always wished I could have superpowers. I even planned on studying science and physics so I could go on to become a scientist and find a way to develop superpowers through either technology, physics or genetics.

Honestly to this day superpowers are one of the two things I want more than anything else and would do almost anything for.

By Crom!
Originally posted by Soljer

That is why you should stay. shifty

Masterbruce, may I ask how much like Batman you are?

smile

By Crom!
Originally posted by Entity
I think everyone has at one point or another even people that have never read comics. Yea I always wished I could have superpowers. I even planned on studying science and physics so I could go on to become a scientist and find a way to develop superpowers through either technology, physics or genetics.

Honestly to this day superpowers are one of the two things I want more than anything else and would do almost anything for.

What wouldn't you do for Superpowers? How much do you train?

Entity
Originally posted by By Crom!
What wouldn't you do for Superpoers? How much do you train?

Who me or Bruce?

Kallark-Kent
That is why you should stay. shifty

smile

Originally posted by masterbruce
I'm not a comic book character (at least I'm not aware of) so this may be closed.

In all honesty, I probably will lose to all the street levelers in comics (maybe I can take Robin on a good day, assuming I'm stronger than him and he is too overconfident). But they're just too good and unrealistic, they can dodge machine gun fire, I can't.

I'll be the first one to admit that I'm not the best fighter out there. I'm no where near Bruce Wayne's level in either knowledge of the martial arts or physical prowess. I have however maximized most of my physical abilities as much as my god given genes have allowed, so I'm no slouch either. I'm certainly close to peak human in the real world, not Captain America level peak human.

I am however gifted with extreme intelligence. My mind is my best weapon and I keep it sharp. This is a huge advantage against the dimwitted thugs that I usually encounter. They often underestimate me because I don't look very intimidating, therefore they fight with less effort and less smarts and I take that into my advantage and usually clean their clocks. The 2 or 3 times when I wasn't so lucky, I was able to get out without being too badly injured (just broken nose, black eye, some internal bleeding) but I was prob fortunate.

My success is that I account for every possibility in a situation. Therefore if I do decide to use force in a situation, i already have a contingency plan if I am unable to subdue my enemy.

But yeah, I would lose to every streetleveler in comics.

By Crom!
Who me or Bruce?

Either of you. Entity please tell me how you think Genetics will give you powers?

smile

Damn Kallark, Bruce is like Batman eek! except he's no good in a fight.

I guess his contingency plan is.....

Running away.

masterbruce

smile

I am like Bruce in that I am very determined in reaching my goals and have good sense of right and wrong.

I think our greatest similarities are our minds, both of us are very smart and ambitious, obviously he is more so.

I do try to emulate him by reaching MY physical peak and learning as many ways of the martial arts and other fighting techniques as my time and monetary resources allow.

I also broaden my mind by trying to learn as much about the world as I can.

I'm only 23, so I still have many years to go before my prime is passed, and hopefully I'll leave a mark on this world before my prime passes.

Batman represents many qualities I admire and try to emulate, hence why my screenname is masterbruce.

By Crom!
I am like Bruce in that I am very determined in reaching my goals and have good sense of right and wrong.

I think our greatest similarities are our minds, both of us are very smart and ambitious, obviously he is more so.

I do try to emulate him by reaching MY physical peak and learning as many ways of the martial arts and other fighting techniques as my time and monetary resources allow.

I also broaden my mind by trying to learn as much about the world as I can.

I'm only 23, so I still have many years to go before my prime is passed, and hopefully I'll leave a mark on this world before my prime passes.

Batman represents many qualities I admire and try to emulate, hence why my screenname is masterbruce.

MAy I ask what subject you are expanding your intellect with at present? shifty

smile

masterbruce
MAy I ask what subject you are expanding your intellect with at present? shifty

smile

law school.

Entity
Well honestly if we could completely master the genetic code and fully understand it we could practically give an individual the ability to do almost anything within the realm of the laws of phyiscs.

As for what I would do for superpowers.
Nothing that causes harm to anyone but maybe myself. I would give up almost anything that was mine to give aslong as I could retain myown presonality and soul.

I would even give up my own freewill if I knew without doubt that I would be working towards something I am sure is good and I wouldn't cause any harm to innocents.

SpunkySmurph

I know...

It's like he wants that reaction

By Crom!
Well honestly if we could completely master the genetic code and fully understand it we could practically give an individual the ability to do almost anything within the realm of the laws of phyiscs.

Really?

You think?

Please tell me more?

What powers do you think are present on existing Alleles in humans or animals on earth? shifty

smile

By Crom!
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
I know...

It's like he wants that reaction

You think? shifty

cool

smile

"V"
You think? shifty

cool

smile

Dude, Tres dissapointed.

And OT yeah, pretty much just day-dreaming stuff though obviously. Never seriously thinking about becoming a scientist or anything extreme, just imagination running away with me when I'm bored.

Mindship
What do ya think got me into lucid dreaming...? wink

By Crom!
Originally posted by "V"
Dude, Tres dissapointed.

It'shat I do. wink

Entity
We could genetically give ourselves for example:

Greater memory thereby enhancing our own intelligence
Greater Reflexes
Greater Senses, imagine altering our eyes so we can see more than just our current 3 cones of color that defines all we see. This could enable us to see things not even apparent to the "visible light" spectrum we see now.
Eliminate the need for many of the things we require. Such as oxygen tanks in the ocean or most or the equipment we require when exploring space.
Greater Strength
Greater Durability by manipulating our skin, bones, and other tissues to make them more versatile.

By Crom!
Originally posted by Mindship

Tell me more. shifty

smile

Darth Macabre
Hell, I'd be a super-villian if I had powers...Kinda glad I don't.

By Crom!

As for what I would do for superpowers.
Nothing that causes harm to anyone but maybe myself. I would give up almost anything that was mine to give aslong as I could retain myown presonality and soul.

I would even give up my own freewill if I knew without doubt that I would be working towards something I am sure is good and I wouldn't cause any harm to innocents.

O.K. fair enough, you have made your goals a little more realistic.

We could genetically give ourselves for example:

Greater memory thereby enhancing our own intelligence
Greater Reflexes
Greater Senses, imagine altering our eyes so we can see more than just our current 3 cones of color that defines all we see. This could enable us to see things not even apparent to the "visible light" spectrum we see now.
Eliminate the need for many of the things we require. Such as oxygen tanks in the ocean or most or the equipment we require when exploring space.
Greater Strength
Greater Durability by manipulating our skin, bones, and other tissues to make them more versatile.

smile

By Crom!
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Hell, I'd be a super-villian if I had powers...Kinda glad I don't.

cool what would you do "Evil One".smile

Entity
O.K. fair enough, you have made your goals a little more realistic.

smile

Glad you aprove of my response cool

By Crom!
Glad you aprove of my response cool

smile

Soljer

Become Masterbruce's arch nemesis.

Everyone knows that a superhero needs a super villain.

By Crom!

Yes the extra licence the role of the villian gives. smile

Good point.

masterbruce

you know, actually I did kinda wish there were supervillains... evil face

By Crom!
you know, actually I did kinda wish there were supervillains... evil face

I thought you might wink, what would you do if you came across one? shifty

SpunkySmurph

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Dolt.

Masterbruce already has super villains!

I'm sure the occaisional tourists/senior citizens he accidentally smacks around with a crowbar are all secretly harbouring doomsday plots. confused

masterbruce
I thought you might wink, what would you do if you came across one? shifty

this is ridiculous question. I'm a regular human, if there ever were a supervillain, I'd run like hell.

By Crom!
this is ridiculous question. I'm a regular human, if there ever were a supervillain, I'd run like hell.

You're regular in everything but intellect, by your own admission, you always have a plan B. Please imagine you were seconded by a taskforce to defeat a Lex Luthor type villian. shifty

smile

masterbruce
You're regular in everything but intellect, by your own admission, you always have a plan B. Please imagine you were seconded by a taskforce to defeat a Lex Luthor type villian. shifty

smile

like Apocalypse, my intellect would motivate me to ensure self-survival beyond all else.

By Crom!
like Apocalypse, my intellect would motivate me to ensure self-survival beyond all else.

cool By Crom!!

smile

Darth Macabre

The samething I do everynight....Try to take over the world!

By Crom!

Tel me "evil one" what would you do with it if you were successfull?

SpunkySmurph

whistling1

'One is a genius... the other's insane!'

manorastroman
i've long-since decided that when virtual reality becomes plausible, i will immediately program an incredibly complex superhero story and live in it forever.

bigbran

It would just be too easy. That's it, I'm going in.

Train your body, mind and soul.

Body: Work out 6 days a week doing weights and cardio. Learn Akido, Jujitsu, Caipera, greco wrestling, taekwando, street defense, and any other method you have time for.

Mind: Take forensics classes, chemistry, bioology, anatomy, calculus and anything else that would broaden your scope. Take law classes as well.

Soul: Take a trip to nature where you can be one with nature. Go live in a forest for a month without any technology and human communication. The insight you'll gain will be priceless.

After 2 years of doing the above, when you have reached a physical and mental peak, you will be ready for your initial street duties.

First, equip yourself. buy light kevlar, hockey goalies mask, shin guard, wrist and elbow pads, a helmet, and spiked shoes. Buy everything in black as you want to blend in. Then get some darts and ninja stars, a dagger, and a PDA.

Once you've geared up, go to the most dangerous neighborhood you know at midnight and start beating the crap out of people you think look suspicious.

Good luck, I'm on my 3rd year of vigilantism and I'm still alive and fine. Don't listen to the other geeky losers on this board, they dont have the balls to do what you and I choose to do.
Isn't masterbruce already classified as a superhero?
Or does he want to know if he can start his OWN Avengers?

You sneaky dog, you... shifty

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by bigbran
That's it, I'm going in.

Isn't masterbruce already classified as a superhero?
Or does he want to know if he can start his OWN Avengers?

You sneaky dog, you... shifty

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Bigbran, Masterbruce can't be classified as a Superhero.

That's like classifying the Living Tribunal as 'a superhero'.

Though if he was a superhero, what would his name be?

shifty

Peak Human? Crowbar? The Masked Mugger? Captain Ski-Mask?

bigbran
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Bigbran, Masterbruce can't be classified as a Superhero.

That's like classifying the Living Tribunal as 'a superhero'.

Though if he was a superhero, what would his name be?

shifty

Peak Human? Crowbar? The Masked Mugger? Captain Ski-Mask? Wait... "Body, Mind, and Soul".

Does this mean that masterbruce is like the Power Gem, Sould Gem, and Mind Gem?

I think he was peak human Pre-Gems... now he is like Jeebus.

Symmetric Chaos
I've always wanted to have superpowers. Although superheroism never really interested me.

The allure of power is considerable and I could sure go for a bit Doc Strange's

spidey-dude
ive always wanted to be a villain and take over the world

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by bigbran
Wait... "Body, Mind, and Soul".

Does this mean that masterbruce is like the Power Gem, Sould Gem, and Mind Gem?

I think he was peak human Pre-Gems... now he is like Jeebus.

I'm not a comic book character (at least I'm not aware of) so this may be closed.

In all honesty, I probably will lose to all the street levelers in comics (maybe I can take Robin on a good day, assuming I'm stronger than him and he is too overconfident). But they're just too good and unrealistic, they can dodge machine gun fire, I can't.

I'll be the first one to admit that I'm not the best fighter out there. I'm no where near Bruce Wayne's level in either knowledge of the martial arts or physical prowess. I have however maximized most of my physical abilities as much as my god given genes have allowed, so I'm no slouch either. I'm certainly close to peak human in the real world, not Captain America level peak human.

I am however gifted with extreme intelligence. My mind is my best weapon and I keep it sharp. This is a huge advantage against the dimwitted thugs that I usually encounter. They often underestimate me because I don't look very intimidating, therefore they fight with less effort and less smarts and I take that into my advantage and usually clean their clocks. The 2 or 3 times when I wasn't so lucky, I was able to get out without being too badly injured (just broken nose, black eye, some internal bleeding) but I was prob fortunate.

My success is that I account for every possibility in a situation. Therefore if I do decide to use force in a situation, i already have a contingency plan if I am unable to subdue my enemy.

But yeah, I would lose to every streetleveler in comics.

Notice he mentions his 'god-given' genes. shifty

And, his secret identity apparently involves losing to ants. (Robin?)

Badabing
When I was younger, I had dreams of being a superhero. I wished I had superpowers like Superman and daydreamed of being a famous and beloved hero.

As I got older, I realized superpowers were not possible, and I wanted to model myself more after human heroes like Batman or Iron Man. I used to think I would be a billionaire one day and build my own suit of high tech armor and stuff.

When I was younger, my friends and I would tie towels and blankets around our necks to emulate superheros. embarrasment

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Badabing
In between my nappy times yesterday, my friends and I were pretending to be superheroes

I was Wolverine. embarrasment

Fixed. wink

batdude123

Um... everyone here has. That's what started this whole mess...

Badabing
Fixed. wink
Son of a......... You dirty little........ mad

Nah, that was damn funny! laughing laughing laughing

Darth Macabre
Tel me "evil one" what would you do with it if you were successfull?

I don't know....Eat pop corn, while watching the human race build an obelisk of me that breathes fire and says "Remember me!".Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
whistling1

'One is a genius... the other's insane!'

Narf! stick out tongue

Blair Wind
I'm sure all of us have. Hell I always bump the real super powers thread when I remember about it.

If the science of the world today could enhance things physically it would be our senses, our strength, and maybe our speed.

Tiger Woods has bionic eyes (senses I am sure can be enhanced in various ways. Training can be done to enhance them, and I am sure science can cut out the middle man *training*.)

I have seen a science channel episode about what superpowers we could give or use, and the ONLY one that was even relatively close was the Hulk. Not that someone became green or anything, but they created a type of "steroid" (for lack of a better word) that made you massively jacked yet there are no known side effects.

Speed, I dont know how it could be manipulated, but I am sure it could be erm I mean a human was once tested (in Fight Science, which I recommend any MA fan to watch), and he punched 4 times faster than a snake strike.

I mean MA can make you >>>regular humans, but how many of us actually do MA? Who here can claim that a kick (more like a knee to the chest) can pack the same force as a 35 mph car? One Muay thai fighter can. Science could help create "super beings" like these without the training, and I'm sure the army would try it.

MY personal favorite would be someone trying to create a realistic Ironman suit. The hardest thing would be getting a realistic battery for the thing, but current technology would allow someone to dress in weapons. If you could mobilize it without clumsiness the rest would be easy. Computers, cameras, and weapons can do most of the work from there. Also, last I heard MIT was creating a suit that would bend light to approach invisibility, create an immediate cast to a broken bone, and store up kinetic energy so that you could leap really high. Many things like this could be attacked to this type of project. If someone had the money I am sure SOMETHING like this could be pulled off erm

Now if you could integrate the two (think Spartans from Halo) I think that would be the closest thing we can achieve today. Not perfectly, or inexpensive as of right now, but its the closest thing I can think of.

Things like flight, bullet proof skin, spider sense's, and heat vision are not realist, but I am sure we have all dreamt of it.

I however would love to be an enhanced human in one of those suits. It would be kick ass.

Grimm22
Personally, I was always more of a teenage mutant ninja turtle's kid than a superhero kid big grin

TURTLES IN HALF SHELL! eek!

grey fox
Originally posted by Blair Wind
I'm sure all of us have. Hell I always bump the real super powers thread when I remember about it.

If the science of the world today could enhance things physically it would be our senses, our strength, and maybe our speed.

Tiger Woods has bionic eyes (senses I am sure can be enhanced in various ways. Training can be done to enhance them, and I am sure science can cut out the middle man *training*.)

I have seen a science channel episode about what superpowers we could give or use, and the ONLY one that was even relatively close was the Hulk. Not that someone became green or anything, but they created a type of "steroid" (for lack of a better word) that made you massively jacked yet there are no known side effects.

Speed, I dont know how it could be manipulated, but I am sure it could be erm I mean a human was once tested (in Fight Science, which I recommend any MA fan to watch), and he punched 4 times faster than a snake strike.

I mean MA can make you >>>regular humans, but how many of us actually do MA? Who here can claim that a kick (more like a knee to the chest) can pack the same force as a 35 mph car? One Muay thai fighter can. Science could help create "super beings" like these without the training, and I'm sure the army would try it.

MY personal favorite would be someone trying to create a realistic Ironman suit. The hardest thing would be getting a realistic battery for the thing, but current technology would allow someone to dress in weapons. If you could mobilize it without clumsiness the rest would be easy. Computers, cameras, and weapons can do most of the work from there. Also, last I heard MIT was creating a suit that would bend light to approach invisibility, create an immediate cast to a broken bone, and store up kinetic energy so that you could leap really high. Many things like this could be attacked to this type of project. If someone had the money I am sure SOMETHING like this could be pulled off erm

Now if you could integrate the two (think Spartans from Halo) I think that would be the closest thing we can achieve today. Not perfectly, or inexpensive as of right now, but its the closest thing I can think of.

Things like flight, bullet proof skin, spider sense's, and heat vision are not realist, but I am sure we have all dreamt of it.

I however would love to be an enhanced human in one of those suits. It would be kick ass.

Blair the future is now my friend , the future is now.

http://www.videosift.com/story.php?id=29902

--------

Anyway , yes I've occasionally thought about getting super-powers and in every mental scenario I always end up abusing them in some way or another. Telekinetic flinging stuff out of my way , crushing people who piss me off to death etc etc.

By Crom!
Originally posted by grey fox
Blair the future is now my friend , the future is now.

http://www.videosift.com/story.php?id=29902

--------

I don't think his suit would stop bullets or explosives effectively.

smile

Martian_mind
Originally posted by Grimm22
Personally, I was always more of a teenage mutant ninja turtle's kid than a superhero kid big grin

TURTLES IN HALF SHELL! eek!
Didn't the song say "heroes in a half-shell?

quickshot

Everyone does..

Agreed

Me too, unfortunately now i can't get out.

Scoobless

What's the other thing?

Scoobless

How did you get into that?

I guess his contingency plan is.....

Running away.

Or hide.

Flight? ... not yet.

Bullet proof skin? .... body armour

Spider sense? .... maybe some type of radar system with a display built into a vsior

Heat vision? ... why bother ... just go buy a flamethrower or a welding torch

By Crom!
Originally posted by Scoobless
How did you get into that?

I suspect LSD.

smile

Grinning Goku
I wanted to be a superhero for quite some time, especially now with crime rates at an all time high, and public faith and morale at an all time low. People need to feel safe. It's essential to our survival. With a few GOOD superheroes around (i.e. not ones that cost billions in collateral damage, or endanger innocent civilians) people may start to feel a little bit safer. Also, it would be awesome to toss boulders around and fly at Mach 6 while being completely invulnerable to anything short of 300 pounds of TNT.

Mindship
"What do ya think got me into lucid dreaming...?"
Originally posted by quickshot
unfortunately now i can't get out. laughing out loud

For those who asked...
Lucid dreaming is something we all do from time to time (especially if you're someone who remembers their dreams when they wake up--memory and alertness are key). I was always good at remembering my dreams, especially the lucid ones because they were so amazing and realistic, not to mention fun as hell.
One day I started reading about it, about different induction techniques, started practicing and voila: at one point I was up to 3 a week (it's much less now, what with the responsibilities of real life intruding and all).
It's a skill, like anything else.
http://www.lucidity.com/
I don't know if this is the best site to start; you can find plenty of others via Google.

whistling
Actually, the same neurotransmitter (serotonin) is involved. wink

By Crom!

whistling
Actually, the same neurotransmitter (serotonin) is involved. wink

I know smile wink

Jyppe

Do you remember that the TKD guy could react in 0,18 seconds. Wow.

Entity
What's the other thing?

That is entirely to corny for me to announce! eek! embarrasment laughing

AQUA-MARINER

Entity
Originally posted by AQUA-MARINER
i got one..trust me they dont give u powers lol...just ends up getting lanced open and hurting like h#!! lol.....but anyways ppl cant think in terms of haveing powers here....to be a hero u have to be willing to compleatly detach ur self from ur life and give up everything to help everyone else...even if that means in the end u die protecting someone u dont even know

You see as weird as it is, that is actually what I want. I can't tell you how honored I would be to be able to actually give myself to a cause like that is such a way. I would need powers or some kind of tech or something to do it thou. You see I don't have much of a life as it is. I am fixing to join a new 24hour gym in town thou but, I highly doubt I will have the determination to continue pushing myself to my limits. I have had impressive will power in other areas thou so I guess its just a question of pushing myself more.

I have decided due to some shitty events last year with a girl I have known since I was 8 (well though I knew) my resolution for this year is to devote a year to staying away from women and using my current lack of a social life to improve myself by going to the gym and working a shit load of overtime to payoff the house and truck.

masterbruce
good luck entity.thumbup1

AQUA-MARINER
You see as weird as it is, that is actually what I want. I can't tell you how honored I would be to be able to actually give myself to a cause like that is such a way. I would need powers or some kind of tech or something to do it thou. You see I don't have much of a life as it is. I am fixing to join a new 24hour gym in town thou but, I highly doubt I will have the determination to continue pushing myself to my limits. I have had impressive will power in other areas thou so I guess its just a question of pushing myself more.

I have decided due to some shitty events last year with a girl I have known since I was 8 (well though I knew) my resolution for this year is to devote a year to staying away from women and using my current lack of a social life to improve myself by going to the gym and working a shit load of overtime to payoff the house and truck.

i understand what u mean compleatly lol and honestly i wouldent mind doing that either...im just makeing it clear that ppl would most likey have to be willing to let everything they love and want go.....cause i mean like a firefighter theirs a chance they will die everytime they go into a bruning building...and for ppl they dont even know alot of the time...i comend them for that and i would be willing to do the same as u said honered to fight for a cause such as that.....but everyonce and awhile i bealieve everyone would wish they were normal so they could have a life because they would just wanna be loved....(and i feel for u...i know what u mean about the women)

Scoobless
I am fixing to join a new 24hour gym in town

Forget that ... find a 24 hour bar instead.

smile

AQUA-MARINER

smile

Agree'ed...i think that was the wise'est thing iv heard on here in a long time lmao thumb up

Entity

smile

Well the gym has a cafe inside as part of membership?
Thou I am fairly positive thats not quite what you had in mind. lol stick out tongue

Mindship
Originally posted by AQUA-MARINER
to be a hero u have to be willing to compleatly detach ur self from ur life and give up everything to help everyone else...even if that means in the end u die protecting someone u dont even know
The rotten ones aside, this is why I give such high regard to firefighters, police officers, veterans and certainly someone like that guy who recently jumped onto subway tracks to hold someone down so neither would get killed (hopefully) by the train about to roar over them.

Heroes don't need powers to be super.

By Crom!

A combination of Sustanon and Dianabol would help smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.