Iron Man runs the Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheEvilHex
Extremis Iron Man can he win this?
1.Punisher
2.Batman
3.Gambit
4.Caption America
5.Cyclops
6.Namor
7.Green Lantern
8.Thor

SpunkySmurph
That list is really out of whack...

Soujaboy
Originally posted by TheEvilHex
1.Punisher
2.Batman
3.Gambit
4.Caption America
5.Cyclopes
6.Green Lantern
7.Namor
8.Thor

1. Punisher
2. Gambiy
3. Cyclops
4. Batman
5. Captain America
6. Namor
7. Green Lantern
8. Thor

Gets beat at 6 or 7

LordFear
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
That list is really out of whack...

yeah I don't agree with a few of those arrangements but I think he can get to Thor fairly easily. GL will give him some problems but Tony's smart enough to bypass him

Symmetric Chaos
beats Cyclops won't take out the ones after that

TheEvilHex
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
beats Cyclops won't take out the ones after that what he has beat Namor more than one time without Extremis

LordFear
beats Cyclops won't take out the ones after that

Wow you must not think much of Ironman.

Symmetric Chaos
what he has beat Namor more than one time without Extremis
Originally posted by LordFear
Wow you must not think much of Ironman.

I just don't see him beating Hal Jordan by any stretch.

LordFear
I just don't see him beating Hal Jordan by any stretch.

I think otherwise, Hal's weakness is the fact that the ring needs recharging. Tony is able to figure that out in time, at least theorize on it and take a gamble. I mean its logical that everything must have a power source and its possible that that ring needs recharging from that source. I dunno I just have read enough Ironman stories to believe that Stark can take out Hal.Might doesn't always make right, that's something Stark has proven time and time again

TheEvilHex
I just don't see him beating Hal Jordan by any stretch. What? Did you know that iron man has stalemated silver surfer without extremis. I'm not saying he wins this but he gets to Thor at least.

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Soujaboy
1. Punisher
2. Gambiy
3. Cyclops
4. Batman
5. Captain America
6. Namor
7. Green Lantern
8. Thor

Gets beat at 6 or 7

no

1. Batman
2. Punisher
3. Captain America
4. Gambit
5. Cyclops
6. Namor
7. Green Lantern
8. Thor

3,4 and 7,8 are both roughly interchangeable.

He gets to 7.

D-Block
IM isn't beating GL Hal IMO

Draco69
I think otherwise, Hal's weakness is the fact that the ring needs recharging. Tony is able to figure that out in time, at least theorize on it and take a gamble. I mean its logical that everything must have a power source and its possible that that ring needs recharging from that source. I dunno I just have read enough Ironman stories to believe that Stark can take out Hal.Might doesn't always make right, that's something Stark has proven time and time again

Oh please. GL's ring doesn't need recharging anymore. It can last for weeks now.

GL sucks the energy out of Tony's armour.

GL stops time and uses anti-matter to destroy his armour.

GL teleports the armour of Tony.

Go the Green Lantern respect thread....

Iron Man makes it Namor or Green Lantern. Namor is close fight. Iron Man is completely outmatched by GL.

Symmetric Chaos
What? Did you know that iron man has stalemated silver surfer without extremis. I'm not saying he wins this but he gets to Thor at least.

Hal has willed himself back to life and destroyed planets with minimal effort (see the respect thread)

xmarksthespot
7. He isn't beating any Green Lantern worth the name.

darthgoober
Originally posted by Draco69
. Iron Man is completely outmatched by Tony.
So he's outmatched by TONY huh? laughing

Draco69
Originally posted by darthgoober
So he's outmatched by TONY huh? laughing

Goddammit! I edited it....

mad

Symmetric Chaos
So he's outmatched by TONY huh?

The greatest enemy you can face is yourself. He might lose due to his personal vices.

LordFear
Oh please. GL's ring doesn't need recharging anymore. It can last for weeks now.

GL sucks the energy out of Tony's armour.

GL stops time and uses anti-matter to destroy his armour.

GL teleports the armour of Tony.

Go the Green Lantern respect thread....

Iron Man makes it Namor or Green Lantern. Namor is close fight. Iron Man is completely outmatched by Tony.

Despite all these so called feats which are not done frequently enough for me to assume the above would happen in an encounter, Ironman has proven himself more than capable of taking a one trick poney. I don't feed into half of the garbage every week a writer wants to force feed down our throats concerning a character

TheEvilHex
So he's outmatched by TONY huh? laughing laughing Happy Dance laughing

xmarksthespot
Characters that have weapons that can do anything the wielder can imagine are one trick ponies? blink

LordFear
Hal has willed himself back to life and destroyed planets with minimal effort (see the respect thread)

yeah and its cool for you to believe such garbage because it suits the purpose of this thread?
yeah and he can fight Spectre and destroy Universes too.
Bah!!!!!!!!!

Symmetric Chaos
yeah and its cool for you to believe such garbage because it suits the purpose of this thread?
Bah!!!!!!!!!

GL's also have plenty of standard powers that would take out Tony as well.

Draco69
Despite all these so called feats which are not done frequently enough for me to assume the above would happen in an encounter, Ironman has proven himself more than capable of taking a one trick poney. I don't feed into half of the garbage every week a writer wants to force feed down our throats concerning a character

*sigh*

Iron Man can't DO anything towards GL. IRON MAN's the one-trick pony. GL can do ANYTHING he wants as long as he has the will power:

Stop time.
Create time warps.
Create and close black holes.
Convert energy into matter.
Convert matter into energy.
Convert energy into organic beings.
Destroy planets.
Create suns.
Destroy entire dimensions.
Create more GL rings.
Create any type of energy imaginable or real.

Simple win: GL creates an EMP. IM goes down in two seconds flat. Or he can just matter transmute his armour into plastic.

GL is completely out of Tony's league. He's a match for Silver Surfer....

LordFear
GL's also have plenty of standard powers that would take out Tony as well.

It's the standard powers that I am referring to in this match up. I think Tony can outwit him. its not about raw power alone

Symmetric Chaos
It's the standard powers that I am referring to in this match up. I think Tony can outwit him. its not about raw power alone

Draco has been listing plenty of GL powers for you but you have chosen to ignore them.

Hal is pretty smart too BTW.

xmarksthespot

GL is completely out of Tony's league. He's a match for Silver Surfer.... Anticipates someone bringing up the PIS moment when "Iron Man stalemated Surfer." believing it to be a serious counterpoint.

D-Block
What will Iron Man do to GL Lord Fear?

SpunkySmurph

Standard powers for a GL are pretty much to create/do whatever they imagine. erm

Ironman is screwed.

TheEvilHex
Draco has been listing plenty of GL powers for you but you have chosen to ignore them.

Hal is pretty smart too BTW. hes nowhere near as smart as Tony Stark NOWHERE!

Symmetric Chaos
hes nowhere near as smart as Tony Stark NOWHERE!

I agree Tony is a bonafide genius and Hal is obviously not (but he's not so stupid that he'll just let Tony bash him into the ground)

TheEvilHex
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Anticipates someone bringing up the PIS moment when "Iron Man stalemated Surfer." believing it to be a serious counterpoint. How is it PIS?

LordFear

Hal is pretty smart too BTW.

I don't give a crap how much powers are listed.
He can breath cosmic fire or not. I have read and seen enough exploits of Ironman to not put it passed him. YOu make it sound like we are pitting Hal against a low tier opponent. I think maybe a trip to Ironman's respect thread might be in order.

xmarksthespot
How is it PIS? Create a Silver Surfer vs Iron Man thread and find out...

Draco69

He won't have time to be smart. Hal just teleports him into a black hole or emits an EMP before Tony can even think up an analysis.

SpunkySmurph

Doesn't matter.

Hell, give Rhino some will and a GL ring, and Tony STILL gets the sh*t kicked out of him.

Draco69
He can breath cosmic fire or not. I have read and seen enough exploits of Ironman to not put it passed him. YOu make it sound like we are pitting Hal against a low tier opponent. I think maybe a trip to Ironman's respect thread might be in order.

Compared to Hal, Iron Man IS a low-tier wannabe.

You've listed NOTHING indicating a possible way for Tony to win besides fanboyism like "I have in Tony to think something up against all logic...."

Symmetric Chaos

I think you said and I quote "yeah and its cool for you to believe such garbage because it suits the purpose of this thread?
Bah!!!!!!!!!"

bigbran
How is it PIS? You have to be f*cking joking...

Surfer can destroy planets with one blast (Tony isn't as durible as a planet, is he?). Surfer can go through the sun (you expect Tony to dish out more damage?). Surfer can absorb a red sun (absorb Tony's armour). Didn't get hurt by Hulk hitting the shit out of him. I could go on all day.
There is 10 better feats of Surfer, compared to every good feat of Iron Man's.

LordFear
I think you said and I quote "yeah and its cool for you to believe such garbage because it suits the purpose of this thread?
Bah!!!!!!!!!"

Listen you pick up any Ironman book and it will explain to you how Tony vanquishes his foes. He realizes that sometimes he gets his ass handed to him, that's why he has like a dozen variation of the armor. Point is you just throwing feats and one shotters from GL's so called feats without questionning any of the shit and using that as basis for an argument, C'mon dude think what you want I ain't buying it.

darthgoober
That may be true, but GL could actually use his ring to amp up his intelligence to the point that it actually SURPASSED Tony's.

beta ray bob
i say tony could beat everyone but namor and thor (maybe green lantern)

LordFear
Compared to Hal, Iron Man IS a low-tier wannabe.

You've listed NOTHING indicating a possible way for Tony to win besides fanboyism like "I have in Tony to think something up against all logic...."

Why bother against someone who either has a hard on for GL or just detests Ironman? I am not gonna argue against a closed mind. I would be the idiot. Compared to Hal, Ironman is a wannabe? You calliing ME the fanboy? C'mon man, lie to the world but not yourself that's just bad for business

TheEvilHex
ok well screw iron man vs silver surfer. Iron Man has gone toe to toe with Thor. do you think GL could beat Thor?

LordFear
That may be true, but GL could actually use his ring to amp up his intelligence to the point that it actually SURPASSED Tony's.

Holy shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why didn't I figure that out?
Since GL can use the ring to resurrect the dead, and what else destroy galaxies, let the ring grant him whatever wish he wants. Yup obsolutely right, Tony is dead meat. What was I thinking

Draco69
Why bother against someone who either has a hard on for GL or just detests Ironman? I am not gonna argue against a closed mind. I would be the idiot. Compared to Hal, Ironman is a wannabe? You calliing ME the fanboy? C'mon man, lie to the world but not yourself that's just bad for business

Close-minded. It's truth. I'm not hating on Iron-Man. I just know who he can and cannot beat. A figure you wish to ignore.

You're acting like the fanboy because:

A) You refuse to acknowledge GL feats.
B) You refuse to come up with a logical way for IM to win.
C) You have "faith" that "somehow" IM will win.
D) You take offense to IM losing a battle.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

LordFear
Close-minded. It's truth. I'm not hating on Iron-Man. I just know who he can and cannot beat. A figure you wish to ignore.

You're acting like the fanboy because:

A) You refuse to acknowledge GL feats.
B) You refuse to come up with a logical way for IM to win.
C) You have "faith" that "somehow" IM will win.
D) You take offense to IM losing a battle.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Yes Stan Lee, you know IronMan very well. I am sure you know all

Draco69
ok well screw iron man vs silver surfer. Iron Man has gone toe to toe with Thor. do you think GL could beat Thor?

It's a split for each. GL doesn't do to well against magic.

Iron Man has gone toe to toe with Thor under two special conditions:

A) IM has special suit to help him out.
B) Thor was holding back.

And he didn't win any of these battles with Thor.

GL is a herald-level character. IM is not.

Draco69
Yes Stan Lee, you know IronMan very well. I am sure you know all

And this is relevant because.

See? You're getting angry because you don't have any argument or strategy in IM's favor and you assume that someone saying IM will lose is an offense not only to the character but to you as well.

erm

darthgoober
Holy shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why didn't I figure that out?
Since GL can use the ring to resurrect the dead, and what else destroy galaxies, let the ring grant him whatever wish he wants. Yup obsolutely right, Tony is dead meat. What was I thinking
Hey don't blame us, we didn't come up with the guys abilities. The fact of the matter is that there's actually very few things that a GL can't accomplish. He right up there with Surfer in overall power, and him or Surfer(or any other high ended Herald level character for that matter) would kick Tony's ass any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

TheEvilHex
It's a split for each. GL doesn't do to well against magic.

Iron Man has gone toe to toe with Thor under two special conditions:

A) IM has special suit to help him out.
B) Thor was holding back.

And he didn't win any of these battles with Thor.

GL is a herald-level character. IM is not. what he stalemated Thor and Thor wasnt holding back. Iron man knocked out the hulk more than one time. and what the hell IM has special suit to help him out? thats what Iron Man does. go read respect Iron Man

Draco69
what he stalemated Thor and Thor wasnt holding back. Iron man knocked out the hulk more than one time. and what the hell IM has special suit to help him out? thats what Iron Man does. go read respect Iron Man

Thor was holding back. Because one good hammer toss would reduce Tony's armour to scrap metal.

The only time where Tony did really well against Thor was with the Asgardian Armour...and he STILL got his ass kicked.

Iron Man only knocked out Hulk ONCE with a very lucky shot. Which is irrelevant because GL would easily beat Hulk by sucking the gamma radiation out of him or shrinking him the size of an action figure like he did with the Shaggy Man.

YOU should go the GL Respect Thread. If you have, you would see that IM is nowhere near the level of a GL.

TheEvilHex
I'm not saying Tony wins every fight vs GL. Without prep Gl wins 8/10. With prep Iron Man wins 7/10. Then i don't see him getting past Thor even with prep time Thor wins 8/10

TheEvilHex
Thor was holding back. Because one good hammer toss would reduce Tony's armour to scrap metal.

The only time where Tony did really well against Thor was with the Asgardian Armour...and he STILL got his ass kicked.

Iron Man only knocked out Hulk ONCE with a very lucky shot. Which is irrelevant because GL would easily beat Hulk by sucking the gamma radiation out of him or shrinking him the size of an action figure like he did with the Shaggy Man.

YOU should go the GL Respect Thread. If you have, you would see that IM is nowhere near the level of a GL. http://www.soulmateproductions.com/Pages/folio/ironman14-15.html

Draco69
http://www.soulmateproductions.com/Pages/folio/ironman14-15.html

Yes. That's the Asgardian Armour. And Rune King Thor got back up and proceeded to beat the living hell of Tony. He lost that battle....

xmarksthespot
I'm not saying Tony wins every fight vs GL. Without prep Gl wins 8/10. With prep Iron Man wins 7/10. Then i don't see him getting past Thor even with prep time Thor wins 8/10 If by prep you mean PIS then maybe. Otherwise no, he isn't in the same league as a GL. Not even close. Prep isn't bridging that gap.

bigbran
http://www.soulmateproductions.com/Pages/folio/ironman14-15.html You really don't want to see the rest of that fight...

TheEvilHex
Originally posted by bigbran
You really don't want to see the rest of that fight... i know he gets his butt handed to him i said Thor wins 8/10.

Evangel94
Yes. That's the Asgardian Armour. And Rune King Thor got back up and proceeded to beat the living hell of Tony. He lost that battle....

Wow. I can't believe you just said that. That wasn't even Rune Thor that fought Tony. It was King Thor.

I've been reading this thread and realize you don't seem to have a lot of knowledge in respect to Iron Man. You don't even have the facts down right when it comes to Iron Man or Thor.

I do agree that Iron Man is at a complete power disadvantage, and outmatched by a Green Lantern. But reading through your posts, for one reason or another, you completely underestimate Iron Man in all respects and demonstrate a sort of comtempt for him.

Draco69
Originally posted by Evangel94
Wow. I can't believe you just said that. That post is so wrong, I don't know what to say sad.

How about correcting me instead of acting like a withered old croon who's outlived her prime?

erm

I've been reading this thread and realize you don't seem to have a lot of knowledge in respect to Iron Man. You don't even have the facts down right when it comes to Iron Man or Thor.

I do agree that Iron Man is at a power disadvantage, but reading through your posts, for one reason or another, you completely underestimate Iron Man in all respects.

I have decent knowledge of what Iron Man's capable of. However I DO know that Iron Man is nowhere near the level of non-PIS/CIS Green Lantern.

Like you should know despite your throbbing hard-on for the character.

I don't have contempt for the character. I know who he can and cannot beat. In fact, I don't dislike or like him at all.

I do know that he can't beat Iron Man. Or Wonder Woman. Or Superman.

He's not on their level.

You on the other hand seem to take offense if IM is suggested to lose against another opponent.

no expression

TheEvilHex
Wow. I can't believe you just said that. That wasn't even Rune Thor that fought Tony. It was King Thor.

I do agree that Iron Man is at a complete power disadvantage, and outmatched by a Green Lantern. But reading through your posts, for one reason or another, you completely underestimate Iron Man in all respects and demonstrate a sort of comtempt for him. and they copletely underestimate Extremis Iron Man

Draco69
and they copletely underestimate Extremis Iron Man

Why do you scream "underestimation" with Iron Man?

If anything you're OVERestimating IM. He can't beat GL or Surfer or Thor in a forum match unless he gets really, really luck. He doesn't have the power to do so nor the ability.

It's just fact.

In my opinion, it's a disrespect to the character to inflate him beyond the character he is. It's like saying he's not good enough so I'll make him seem bigger than he really is.

TheEvilHex
Extremis Iron Man can control all his armors at the same time Extremis Iron Man clears it 7/10.

xmarksthespot
I do know that he can't beat Iron Man. laughing out loud

... Still his own worst enemy...

laughing out loud

Iron Man still loses at 7.
Extremis Iron Man can control all his armors at the same time Extremis Iron Man clears it 7/10. No they'd just get shredded or turned into inert matter and so on, as easily as Iron Man would.

Evangel94
How about correcting me instead of acting like a withered old croon who's outlived her prime?

Well, perhaps you should re-read my post. You should have given some reasonable time for users to edit their post instead of immediately jumping on it. This isn't a chat room. It's a forum. That's why we have 15 minutes to edit our posts.

I think we can all get through the debates without insulting side comments. And a lot of your comments are laced with insults towards other users and you need to stop.

Draco69
Extremis Iron Man can control all his armors at the same time Extremis Iron Man clears it 7/10.

No. He can't. Especially with GL. GL uses matter manipulation to turn any armour Tony wants to wear into daisies if he so desires.

One feat for GL is turning turning raw energy into flowers for his girlfriend and another is turning himself into a sentinent robot.

IM just can't win against a character with so much verstatlity. ANYTHING IM can do, GL can do too. Except better.

Hell, GL could just scan Iron Man's armour and copy it with his ring and have a good ole' slugfest for amusement.

bigbran
I do know that he can't beat Iron Man. Or Wonder Woman. Or Superman.
Iron Man can't beat Iron Man?
The second time in this thread that he can't beat himself? shifty

Draco69
Well, perhaps you should re-read my post. You should have given some reasonable time for users to edit their post instead of immediately jumping on it. This isn't a chat room. It's a forum. That's why we have 15 minutes to edit out posts.

I'm not that anal-rentative.

I think we can all get through the debates without insulting side comments like yours, all your comments are laced with insults towards other users and you need to stop.

And so are yours. Except they're more well hidden.

Here's a tip: Get over the Iron Man fanboyism and properly acknowledge who he can and cannot beat. Acknowledge that another member posting an opinion about IM stating that's he's completely outclassed is not "disrespect."

And don't assume users have "contempt" against a FICTIONAL character. That's just pathetic and a picture of your intelligence much less sanity.

Unless it's Supergirl....

Draco69
Iron Man can't beat Iron Man?
The second time in this thread that he can't beat himself? shifty

Crap! Away with your vile proper grammar usage!

mad

xmarksthespot
Unless it's Supergirl.... ...who's a crack ho.

Draco69
laughing out loud

... Still his own worst enemy...

laughing out loud

Iron Man still loses at 7.

Agh! You and Bigbran will suffer pain you cannot imagine! Like eating ice cream out of a straw!

mad

Draco69
...who's a crack ho.

yes

SpunkySmurph

I do know that he can't beat Iron Man.
no expression

confused

So, Draco, you wanna tell me why Iron Man can't beat Iron Man?

DAMNIT! Everyone beat me to it! sad

...But it's still the second time. laughing laughing laughing

Evangel94
1.Punisher
2.Batman
3.Gambit
4.Caption America
5.Cyclops
6.Namor
7.Green Lantern
8.Thor

Regular Iron Man stops at 7.

Extremis Iron Man has a chance to make it passed 7 depending on which Green Lantern. But definitely stops at 8.

Thorbuster Iron Man clears the gauntlet.

Badabing
1.Punisher
2.Batman
3.Gambit
4.Caption America
5.Cyclops
6.Namor
7.Green Lantern
8.Thor
Stops dead at 7.

jacobo0o
wouldnt im be able to see that all gls power are coming from the ring??

TheEvilHex
Originally posted by jacobo0o
wouldnt im be able to see that all gls power are coming from the ring?? Yes

bigbran
wouldnt im be able to see that all gls power are coming from the ring?? Superman knows this too, and he isn't beating Hal.

How about this?
A GL held a big bang. Iron Man is nothing.

TheEvilHex
Superman knows this too, and he isn't beating Hal.

How about this?
A GL held a big bang. Iron Man is nothing. Iron Man is nothing you need to go read iron mans respect. with prep time tony beats gl.

bigbran
Iron Man is nothing you need to go read iron mans respect. with prep time tony beats gl. So, Iron Man has done something comparable to holding a big bang? I said he was nothing to Hal/GL's. I think YOU need to go read the GL respect thread.

OK, here is a question I will ask for now on:

What will he do with prep?

You know, with prep, Hal could create a bunch of contstructs. Hell he has made he entire GL Corps.
With prep on both sides, Tony is worse off.

Hell give him one-sided prep, and he would still go down.
Prep is just a plot device on these forums, in which no one exclaims what they will do.
If your going to claim prep, then you should also say what they will do, otherwise it is believed that they have nothing, and people are only saying that, so they can somehow incorporate the character into winning.

TheEvilHex
So, Iron Man has done something comparable to holding a big bang? I said he was nothing to Hal/GL's. I think YOU need to go read the GL respect thread.

OK, here is a question I will ask for now on:

What will he do with prep?

You know, with prep, Hal could create a bunch of contstructs. Hell he has made he entire GL Corps.
With prep on both sides, Tony is worse off.

Hell give him one-sided prep, and he would still go down.
Prep is just a plot device on these forums, in which no one exclaims what they will do.
If your going to claim prep, then you should also say what they will do, otherwise it is believed that they have nothing, and people are only saying that, so they can somehow incorporate the character into winning. ok with or without prep time tony calls the hulk buster and the thorbuster armer they attack gl head on drawing his attention towards them giving the stealth(witch is invisible) armor time to flank him 100% repulsors blast to gls head if that don't kill him he will at least be stunned then hulk-buster and thor-bust rip him limb from limb.

bigbran
ok with or without prep time tony calls the hulk buster and the thorbuster armer they attack gl head on drawing his attention towards them giving the stealth(witch is invisible) armor time to flank him 100% repulsors blast to gls head if that don't kill him he will at least be stunned then hulk-buster and thor-bust rip him limb from limb. Funny, I don't recall him having help... So prep also means that Iron Man gets all his armours? Hmm...

Also the Thor-Buster armour was in the future, and if you really want to use it, it is also a piece of scrap metal.
Plus the Hulk Buster armour was stated on-panel as only being 125 tons.

How about this, if you want to use that plan?

Hal stops time... no expression Iron Man doesn't stand a chance.

TheEvilHex
Funny, I don't recall him having help... So prep also means that Iron Man gets all his armours? Hmm...

Also the Thor-Buster armour was in the future, and if you really want to use it, it is also a piece of scrap metal.
Plus the Hulk Buster armour was stated on-panel as only being 125 tons.

How about this, if you want to use that plan?

Hal stops time... no expression Iron Man doesn't stand a chance. This is Extemis iron man he can control all his armers with his mined

TheEvilHex
and with prep time Tony could easily make a yellow beam to nullify Hals ring. and even if he stops time GL still cant see the invisible armer

TheEvilHex
http://www.avengersassemble.us/images/GLvsIM.jpg

batdude123
laughing

Iron Man gets the shit kicked out of him at GL.

Tassadar
Probably loses to Namor. If not, gets crushed 10/10 by any GL.

Newjak
Originally posted by batdude123
laughing

Iron Man gets the shit kicked out of him at GL. There is a way for IM to win.

It's like a one in one billion chance but it does exist

shifty

Tassadar
Originally posted by Newjak
There is a way for IM to win.

It's like a one in one billion chance but it does exist

shifty

Not really, unless his techno-kinetic powers work on the ring.

Newjak
Originally posted by Tassadar
Not really, unless his techno-kinetic powers work on the ring. Yes there is of course for it to work Hal would have to forget that he can fry Tony in the armor, drain the power, and or many other things he can do but there is a way evil face

Symmetric Chaos
and with prep time Tony could easily make a yellow beam to nullify Hals ring. and even if he stops time GL still cant see the invisible armer

That weakness was retconned out a while ago.

Yes Hal could find the Stealth Armor by doing a scan with his ring.

Newjak
Tony still has a chance
shifty

Symmetric Chaos
Yes all he needs to do is find a way to control time and space with his mind.

Newjak
Yes all he needs to do is find a way to control time and space with his mind. No that isn't it but he does have a way..... no expression

Soljer
So, Ironman can call on all his armors, hm? Seems fair - he's done it before.

But, do you know what a Green Lantern has done before?

You know, create (not call on, but actually CREATE) the entire Green Lantern Corps? Including some Lanterns that are, physically, comparable to Superman BEFORE adding the power of the ring? Including some lanterns that can tap the speed force the way the flash does?

Or, the Lantern could always just create the entire justice league. That'd be a nifty fight for Tony, wouldn't it? Being simultaneously But Raped by emerald Oa, Superman, Wonder Woman, and Martian Manhunter?

.....Get off of tony's metal clad rod. He has NO chance - absolutely NO chance against a green lantern.

Newjak
Originally posted by Soljer
So, Ironman can call on all his armors, hm? Seems fair - he's done it before.

But, do you know what a Green Lantern has done before?

You know, create (not call on, but actually CREATE) the entire Green Lantern Corps? Including some Lanterns that are, physically, comparable to Superman BEFORE adding the power of the ring? Including some lanterns that can tap the speed force the way the flash does?

Or, the Lantern could always just create the entire justice league. That'd be a nifty fight for Tony, wouldn't it? Being simultaneously But Raped by emerald Oa, Superman, Wonder Woman, and Martian Manhunter?

.....Get off of tony's metal clad rod. He has NO chance - absolutely NO chance against a green lantern. He has one chance evil face

Soljer
He has one chance evil face

confused

And what's that?

Newjak

confused

And what's that? It's there thats all you need to know no expression
stick out tongue

TheEvilHex
It's there thats all you need to know no expression
stick out tongue Yes laughing

jacobo0o
iron man brings the iron lantern armor and beats up hal HA!

bigbran
iron man brings the iron lantern armor and beats up hal HA! And it works the same way as his Thor-Buster armour did.

Soljer
iron man brings the iron lantern armor and beats up hal HA!

And Hal or Kyle or whomever creates a BETTER version of the armor through force of will. Just to beat him at his own game in addition to kicking his ass through more experience and skill.

Kyle > Iron Lantern.

Evangel94
And Hal or Kyle or whomever creates a BETTER version of the armor through force of will. Just to beat him at his own game in addition to kicking his ass through more experience and skill.

If you Green Lantern was that powerful, he wouldn't need to hang around with Superman and Batman in the Justice League.

TheEvilHex
Hal<Iron Lantern

SpunkySmurph
If you Green Lantern was that powerful, he wouldn't need to hang around with Superman and Batman in the Justice League.

no expression

That was... a poor argument. I'm trying to be nice.

Riddle me this...

Why does Superman need to hang around with Batman in the Justice Leauge?

Hell, why do Zatanna or Dr. Fate need to hang around with ANY of them?

Hal<Iron Lantern

Iron Lantern's name IS Hal. erm

Evangel94
no expression

That was... a poor argument. I'm trying to be nice.
Riddle me this...
Why does Superman need to hang around with Batman in the Justice Leauge?

You tell me. The way the heroes are exaggerated on this board makes it look unnecessary for them to be in any team.

We have Dr. Strange stopping time in every single battle. We have have Flash doing his grocery's, taking a nap, reading an entire library and studying to become a master of physics all within 2 seconds. Then we have Superman knocking the Hulk from the earth to the moon with one punch. And We have Hulk becoming so infinitely angry that he smashes planets with a single punch.

Riddle me why so many people argue and exaggerate characters' abilities to the max on this board. Not to mention make assumptions without ever reading the story. (The whole Hal>Iron Lantern thing from above is an example of this.)

xmarksthespot
no expression

That was... a poor argument. I'm trying to be nice. Let's face it. It was shit. That's me being nice.

Evangel94
Let's face it. It was shit. That's me being nice.

Don't even start. I still can't believe you tried to quote the Marvel handbook in another thread. Now that was sh*t.

xmarksthespot
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/5488/fantasticfourv140021cg5.th.jpg
Hyperspace. And relatively common knowledge on the forum.

E-pouting doesn't change that Iron Man stands no chance against any decent GL.

Superman doesn't need to be in the JLA.
Dr Fate doesn't need to be in the JSA.
Silver Surfer doesn't need to be a Defender.

A GL isn't powerful because he's part of a team? Shit logic.

TheEvilHex
You tell me. The way the heroes are exaggerated on this board makes it look unnecessary for them to be in any team.

We have Dr. Strange stopping time in every single battle. We have have Flash doing his grocery's, taking a nap, reading an entire library and studying to become a master of physics all within 2 seconds. Then we have Superman knocking the Hulk from the earth to the moon with one punch. And We have Hulk becoming so infinitly angry that he smashes planets with a single punch.

Riddle me why so many people argue and exaggerate characters' abilities to the max on this board. Not to mention make assumptions without ever reading the story. (The whole Hal>Iron Lantern thing from above is an example of this.) i didn't read the story? i was saying Iron lantern armor controlled by Extremis Iron Man < Hal.

Evangel94
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/5488/fantasticfourv140021cg5.th.jpg
Hyperspace. And relatively common knowledge on the forum.

E-pouting doesn't change that Iron Man stands no chance against any decent GL.

Common knowledge on the forum? That's....a poor arguement. Let's face it.

If was common knowledge, how come its taken you over a month to bring up that scan? Plus no one else brought it up when the thread was active. Common knowledge indeed.

xmarksthespot
Common knowledge on the forum? That must be really impressive. Nonsensical. Most people who know anything about the Invisible Woman know her power is derived from Hyperspace.

I've had the scan for over a month. I didn't know which issue of FF it was in initially.

And other people noted her powers weren't formed from "atoms."

Regardless it doesn't change that Iron Man is no match whatsoever for any decent GL.

Board Walker
Cyc with visor off would eliminate Iron Man, extremis or not.

Evangel94
Nonsensical. Most people who know anything about the Invisible Woman know her power is derived from Hyperspace.

I've had the scan for over a month. I didn't know which issue of FF it was in initially.

And several other people noted her powers weren't formed from "atoms."

You trying to argue that her powers were from hyperspace and not from atoms doesn't negate that her shields have been broken before. A newer author may have changed the origin of her power, but not the power itself. Her shields have been broken Both by Iron Man and by this:

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/7230/00013yp.th.jpghttp://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1440/00024je.th.jpg

xmarksthespot
I can't say I really care right now. I can't really remember why I felt like arguing for IW considering I don't regularly read the FF nor particularly like the character. Her forcefields are hyperspace energy/force, they have high showings and low showings but in the modern incarnation their "atoms" have never been shattered. Extremis Iron Man probably beats her due to speed.

It seems relatively off-topic.
As if it was brought up to distract from a pretty shitty line of argument that a GL isn't that powerful because he's on the JLA line-up. When really any decent GL is leaps and bounds above Iron Man.

Evangel94

It seems relatively off-topic.
As if it was brought up to distract from a pretty shitty line of argument that a GL isn't that powerful because he's on the JLA line-up.

Green Lantern IS powerful.

BUT by using the crazy logic people use argue on this forum, it would make it pointless for him to be on JLA. Not when a GL can make superhuman armies for himself through sheer willpower and accomplish far more operating independantly.

xmarksthespot
A GL can. And can still be useful on the JLA.

There are scores of on panel feats of what GL's are capable of. The Oan ring can do anything so long as it can be imagined and willed.
And there are volumes of JLA comics people have happily bought, where the line-up has included a GL. Since when is there meant to be and since when does there have to be a "point" to having Hal or Kyle or Guy or John on the JLA.

Your point is moot.

bigbran
How about we face facts?

GL wins 10/10.

Evangel94
A GL can. And can still be useful on the JLA.

There are scores of on panel feats of what GL's are capable of. The Oan ring can do anything so long as it can be imagined and willed.
Since when is there meant to be and since when does there have to be a "point" to having Hal or Kyle or Guy or John on the JLA.

Your point is moot.

Moot? Oh please. Nice try. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Funny how you tried to turn my point around against me. I'm saying that if half the characters were portrayed the same way the some users argue for them in this forum, there would be no need for teams.

TheEvilHex

BUT by using the crazy logic people use argue on this forum, it would make it pointless for him to be on JLA. Not when a GL can make superhuman armies for himself through sheer willpower and accomplish far more operating independantly. With this logic GL makes 8 superman clones at will stops time and blows up the earth several times over.

bigbran
Moot? Oh please. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Funny how tried to turn my point around against me. I'm saying that if half the characters were portrayed the same way the users argue for them in this forum, there would be no need for teams. In the same team where, Hulk, Namor, Surfer were doing nothing to Dormammu, and Strange went in there and pawned him?

xmarksthespot
I'm sorry I'm confused about how it somehow went from:Originally posted by Evangel94
to:Originally posted by Evangel94
It's same idea on having Dr. Strange on the defenders or in the Illuminati. His character is written far weaker than his normal potential. It's same idea when powerful characters are put in teams.

A character has more feats in a solo series, than they do in a team book.
A character is usually written lower in a team book than in a solo series.

And?

How exactly does this affect the odds of a GL facing Iron Man on the forum?

xmarksthespot
Moot? Oh please. Nice try. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Funny how you tried to turn my point around against me. I'm saying that if half the characters were portrayed the same way the some users argue for them in this forum, there would be no need for teams. You have a habit of changing your posts after people have already responded to them.

So that's what you were trying to say with what I now realise is an ambiguous comment?
Both I and I think SpunkySmurph interpretted it as you downplaying a GL's powers with bad logic.

Instead you were just griping about how the forum works.
Life gives you lemons.

IM isn't beating a GL.

SpunkySmurph
SpunkySmurph

Ouch.. the whole name? Fine.. xmarksthespot

I'm up way too late right now... no expression

xmarksthespot
Ouch.. the whole name? Fine.. xmarksthespot

I'm up way too late right now... no expression I have no abbreviation for you yet... Spunk just sounds wrong. dodgy

Trolt

see this is when GL's ring become more absurd than normal. Why doesn't he just ALWAYS create an DC version of the ultimate nullifier and frag everyone.

And dont say that it'll make comics stupid. Giving him a plot-device ring ..THATS stupid.

TheEvilHex
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h188/smylexbyjoker/IronmanVsJuggernaut.gif

xmarksthespot
And?

Psyquis52
That's Heroes Reborn right? Neat Iron Man outfit but it still doesn't merit him a win against GL.

Frankly I'm not even certain he wins against Namor.

If he has to fight all these people b2b then he loses at Namor. If he goes in fresh to each fight then I'll say he gets a 55% chance against Namor so the odds are very slightly in his favor.

Against GL though? Hal? His odds drop to more like 20%. Forget about it.

TheEvilHex
Originally posted by Psyquis52
That's Heroes Reborn right? Neat Iron Man outfit but it still doesn't merit him a win against GL.

Frankly I'm not even certain he wins against Namor.

If he has to fight all these people b2b then he loses at Namor. If he goes in fresh to each fight then I'll say he gets a 55% chance against Namor so the odds are very slightly in his favor.

Against GL though? Hal? His odds drop to more like 20%. Forget about it. http://www.killermovies.com/forums/361854_3-respect-iron-man

Psyquis52
BFR not knockout. If that counts good for him, otherwise I'll still lean towards the fight in Illuminati. That was certainly more current.

Sides what are you worried about? I gave him a slightly greater chance.

juggernaut66666

BUT by using the crazy logic people use argue on this forum, it would make it pointless for him to be on JLA. Not when a GL can make superhuman armies for himself through sheer willpower and accomplish far more operating independantly.
It is offical that you don't know shit about Green Lanterns please take your time and visit the Green Lantern Respect Thread.

TheEvilHex
Originally posted by Psyquis52
BFR not knockout. If that counts good for him, otherwise I'll still lean towards the fight in Illuminati. That was certainly more current.

Sides what are you worried about? I gave him a slightly greater chance. i just think it is a little better than 55% its more like 70%

SpunkySmurph
I have no abbreviation for you yet... Spunk just sounds wrong. dodgy

laughing

godking
I agree Tony is a bonafide genius and Hal is obviously not (but he's not so stupid that he'll just let Tony bash him into the ground) Are you talking about the same Hal Jordan who foolishly threw a punch at Deathstroke instead of using his ring ?

bigbran
Originally posted by godking
Are you talking about the same Hal Jordan who foolishly threw a punch at Deathstroke instead of using his ring ? The same Deathstroke that tripped Flash... ya...

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by godking
Are you talking about the same Hal Jordan who foolishly threw a punch at Deathstroke instead of using his ring?

yes

and btw do you have any idea how fast Deathstroke would die if a person with Herald level powers were to go all out on him (there's a reason the writers made Hal throw a pucnch rather than vaporise Deathstroke)

LordFear
I'm sorry I'm confused about how it somehow went from:
to:

A character has more feats in a solo series, than they do in a team book.
A character is usually written lower in a team book than in a solo series.

And?

How exactly does this affect the odds of a GL facing Iron Man on the forum?

So because a character who has his own book can be exagerrated to absurd degrees and its carte blanche for you huh?
I mean c'mon man think for yourself. Gl can create armies of JLA, Supermen and countless beings? LOL. Does that really sound plausible EVEN if it was written?

xmarksthespot
So because a character who has his own book can be exagerrated to absurd degrees and its carte blanche for you huh?
I mean c'mon man think for yourself. Gl can create armies of JLA, Supermen and countless beings? LOL. Does that really sound plausible EVEN if it was written? Do you know anything about the GLC? Do you know what an Oan power ring is?

Draco69
I mean c'mon man think for yourself. Gl can create armies of JLA, Supermen and countless beings? LOL. Does that really sound plausible EVEN if it was written?

It's plausible if the said character has an Oan ring that can do whatever he damn pleases.

I don't get what people don't understand. It's basic comic knowledge.

GL's ring can do whatever he wants as long as he has the will to back it.

I don't see people dissing Strange or Surfer because their feats are outrageous.

Nothing's been lied about. Nothing was blown out of proportion. GLs have done these things.

It's just pure ignorance to not accept that a GL is a herald level character....

LordFear
It's plausible if the said character has an Oan ring that can do whatever he damn pleases.

I don't get what people don't understand. It's basic comic knowledge.

GL's ring can do whatever he wants as long as he has the will to back it.

I don't see people dissing Strange or Surfer because their feats are outrageous.

Nothing's been lied about. Nothing was blown out of proportion. GLs have done these things.

It's just pure ignorance to not accept that a GL is a herald level character....

My problem with that is it doesn't make sense then, and obviously I ain't missing nothing by not subscribing to the comic. It's freaking absurd to hear a character being able to raise himself from the dead and others and recreate Universes with a damn ring. He is NOT THAT ****ING POWERFUL. STOP RIDING HIM!!!!

LORDSIDIOUS01
Tony Stark enough said.

Symmetric Chaos
My problem with that is it doesn't make sense then, and obviously I ain't missing nothing by not subscribing to the comic. It's freaking absurd to hear a character being able to raise himself from the dead and others and recreate Universes with a damn ring. He is NOT THAT ****ING POWERFUL. STOP RIDING HIM!!!!

Superman has a lot of insane things too. Would you put him below IM?

Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
Tony Stark enough said.

Well IM does have the better real name I guess.

xmarksthespot
Ladies and gentlemen, mainly gentlemen, I present to you the e-hissy fit:Originally posted by LordFear

Kurash
i really dont understand how this thread has gone on so long for iron man vs. gl, the lantern stomps him, its that simple, iron man just isnt on his/their levels (named gls that is)

Draco69

crazy

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Kurash
i really dont understand how this thread has gone on so long for iron man vs. gl, the lantern stomps him, its that simple, iron man just isnt on his/their levels (named gls that is)

this is simply what vs threads are

people just keep arguing even after they have lost

Kurash
this is simply what vs threads are

people just keep arguing even after they have lost

i agree, but it does make for interesting reading material

LordFear
Superman has a few a lot of insane things too. Would you put him below IM?

I have already came to the realization that DC will always make their FLAGSHIP character insanely powerful and nigh invincible. To me it shows the company's inadequacies and lack of imaginative thinking.
But no I would not put Supes above IRonman but I would not be foolish to think that he can take out Juggy with one punch or rival SS in battle. That's just stupidity to argue those feats in here

Draco69
I have already came to the realization that DC will always make their FLAGSHIP character insanely powerful and nigh invincible. To me it shows the company's inadequacies and lack of imaginative thinking.
But no I would not put Supes above IRonman but I would not be foolish to think that he can take out Juggy with one punch or rival SS in battle. That's just stupidity to argue those feats in here

zorro

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>