Thor vs Hulk- who's more durable?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Accel
*Nods to my last thread*

Leaving out bullets and sharp things, who's generally shown to take more punishment?

masterbruce
I would say Hulk is more durable. He has that crazy healing factor that is like instantaneous regeneration.

Martian_mind
I dunno Thor has survived having the sh*t beaten out of him many times

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Martian_mind
I dunno Thor has survived having the sh*t beaten out of him many times

they both have

I'm going with Hulk on this one

Soujaboy
Thor

golem370
The one book where Hulk fights Thor and has Thor toss his Hammer away at the end of their battle Thor looks as If he is about to fall and Hulk looks a fresh as a daisy

SpunkySmurph
Thor is the more durable.

Hulk's healing factor isn't part of durability. It makes him last a long time, through a lot of damage, sure, but its not durability.

Healing Factor means he's already taken the damage, and now he's recovering.

Durability means you dont have to recover from the damage...

golem370
I know profiles are not accurate but Hulk profile says Demi-Godlike Durability and Thor's says Metahuman Durability

guy222
Originally posted by Accel
*Nods to my last thread*

Leaving out bullets and sharp things, who's generally shown to take more punishment?

hulk

Soujaboy
Thor

Accel
I'm going to throw in my opinion and say Hulk as well.

Very little about his damage soak has been attributed to his healing factor and his durability seems to be more consistent than Thor's.

draxx_tOfU
Hulk

Soujaboy
I'm going to throw in my opinion and say Hulk as well.

Very little about his damage soak has been attributed to his healing factor and his durability seems to be more consistent than Thor's.

Thor just simply takes more damage.

He took no damage what so ever from standing in the core of the sun, and he wasn't even phased when he took the blast that was the equivalent to an exploding Sun. He consistently has taken shots from Celestials, Galactus, Ego, Mangog, Thanos, Infinity Watch, etc.

Thor is simply more durable

Badabing
I know Hulk has survived nukes on multiple occasions and recently the pressure and heat from the interior of a planet. Hasn't Thor survived a planet destroying blast?

Soujaboy
Originally posted by Soujaboy

He took no damage what so ever from standing in the core of the sun, and he wasn't even phased when he took the blast that was the equivalent to an exploding Sun. He consistently has taken shots from Celestials, Galactus, Ego, Mangog, Thanos, Infinity Watch, etc.

Accel
Originally posted by Badabing
I know Hulk has survived nukes on multiple occasions and recently the pressure and heat from the interior of a planet. Hasn't Thor survived a planet destroying blast?
He did, but he was knocked out afterwards.

Accel

Thor didn't stand directly inside the sun. It was a magical sphere inside the sun, which was stated by Thor himself when he arrived to fight Atum. I also don;t recall him taking hits from Thanos any better than Hulk has, nor do I recall any moments of him taking a direct blast from Galactus at all.

Any way, Hulk has taken shots from Thanos, the Celestial Order, Stranger, Warrior Madness Thor, the Destroyer armor, concentrated antimatter, and a blast the ripped apart a universe.

Ignoring higher showings, however, I just believe Hulk is shown as more durable on a regular basis.

SpunkySmurph

Ignoring higher showings, however, I just believe Hulk is shown as more durable on a regular basis.

Nah.

Hulk is shown taking hits more on a regular basis.

Taking alot of hits does not = high durability.

Soujaboy
Thor didn't stand directly inside the sun. It was a magical sphere inside the sun, which was stated by Thor himself when he arrived to fight Atum. I also don;t recall him taking hits from Thanos any better than Hulk has, nor do I recall any moments of him taking a direct blast from Galactus at all.

Any way, Hulk has taken shots from Thanos, the Celestial Order, Stranger, Warrior Madness Thor, the Destroyer armor, concentrated antimatter, and a blast the ripped apart a universe.

Thor's higher showings > Hulk's higher showings

And Bran provided some scans for you that proved that Thor was standing in the sun.

And add Zeus to the list of people Thor's taken shots from. Hela, and Surtur to.

Accel
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Nah.

Hulk is shown taking hits more on a regular basis.

Taking alot of hits does not = high durability.
Thor takes a great deal of blows himself. What else would an Asgardian warrior be doing in his comics?

Soujaboy
And Asgardian Destroyer, Mangog, Kurse, etc.

Accel
Thor's higher showings > Hulk's higher showings

And Bran provided some scans for you that proved that Thor was standing in the sun.

And add Zeus to the list of people Thor's taken shots from. Hela, and Surtur to.
They really aren't. Hulk's highest durability feat exceeds Thor's and his lowest durability feats also exceed Thor.

I've seen Atum fight before. Like I said, you can see Thor enter the Sun and he states himself that he's in a sphere of some sort inside the Sun. The writer had to come up with some way for Thor to speak in the center of a star.

Soujaboy
They really aren't. Hulk's highest durability feat exceeds Thor's and his lowest durability feats also exceed Thor.

I've seen Atum fight before. Like I said, you can see Thor enter the Sun and he states himself that he's in a sphere of some sort inside the Sun. The writer had to come up with some way for Thor to speak in the center of a star.

Post your over exaggerated universe destroying feat again. smile

bigbran
Thor didn't stand directly inside the sun. It was a magical sphere inside the sun, which was stated by Thor himself when he arrived to fight Atum. Is that why fire from the sun was going around Thor?
http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/1589/atlantisattackspart13th4ev.th.jpg
He never said magical. Plus, do you think he could be talking about the sun, as in sphere?

Also...
http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/1133/atlantasthor3zx.th.jpg

I also don;t recall him taking hits from Thanos any better than Hulk has Didn't Hulk get KOed by a shot from Thanos? Other than that, I don't know what you are talking about.

To be honest, I don't know who is more durible. This is not one of those threads in which you can instantly pick a winner.
Yes, Thor has some good feats (taking shots from Arishem), but Hulk also has those (that blast that ripped apart the cosmos, although that could be pis...).
Hmm... don't know...

Accel
Post your over exaggerated universe destroying feat again. smile
How is it over-exaggerated if it's shown and stated on panel to rip apart a universe?

Accel
Originally posted by bigbran
Is that why fire from the sun was going around Thor?
http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/1589/atlantisattackspart13th4ev.th.jpg
He never said magical. Plus, do you think he could be talking about the sun, as in sphere?
He didn't say it was magical, but he did state he was in a sphere within the sun. I would assume something like that would be magical, because, well, what else would it be?
Didn't Hulk get KOed by a shot from Thanos? Other than that, I don't know what you are talking about.
Not that I recall. He's mainly famous for being kncoked around by Thanos.

Soujaboy
How is it over-exaggerated if it's shown and stated on panel to rip apart a universe?

Sure, so can you post it so we can judge for ourselves.

bigbran
He didn't say it was magical, but he did state he was in a sphere within the sun. I would assume something like that would be magical, because, well, what else would it be? First off, Atum's power is the sun. Why would he need to keep a sphere there to protect himself?
Also, Thor was drawing power from the sun.

He also says just a sphere, he could have meant the sun as a whole.

Not that I recall. He's mainly famous for being kncoked around by Thanos. http://img107.imagevenue.com/loc24/th_edb93_x_man2.jpg
http://img133.imagevenue.com/loc24/th_5657e_x_man3.jpg

The times you are thinking of, was when Thanos grabbed him and Thing, and was going to ram their heads together, and when he just slapped Drax and Hulk back, right? Not exactly taking shots...

Accel
Sure, so can you post it so we can judge for ourselves.
There's no need to do so. Almost every one here acknowledges that that's what happened. They just know to keep in mind that it's a high end feat and nothing more.

Accel
First off, Atum's power is the sun. Why would he need to keep a sphere there to protect himself?
Also, Thor was drawing power from the sun.

He also says just a sphere, he could have meant the sun as a whole.

He mentions a sphere within the Sun's core (heart). Clearly, he's talking about two separate spheres.
http://img107.imagevenue.com/loc24/th_edb93_x_man2.jpg
http://img133.imagevenue.com/loc24/th_5657e_x_man3.jpg

Ah yes, I forgot about that moment. Looking at it now, it looks like that may be the Hulk personality who's currently on Planet Hulk.

Any way, you can see there, he's conscious. He's badly hurt, but consioud nonetheless.

The times you are thinking of, was when Thanos grabbed him and Thing, and was going to ram their heads together, and when he just slapped Drax and Hulk back, right? Not exactly taking shots...
They're about as much as the "shots" that Thor took from Ego.

Soujaboy
There's no need to do so. Almost every one here acknowledges that that's what happened. They just know to keep in mind that it's a high end feat and nothing more.

Actually most have no idea and have never seen it. If they did fanboys in every Hulk thread would be screaming Hulk has universal lv durability.

I can see it now...

"Superman can't hurt Hulk, because hulk has survived universe destroying blast without a scratch".

Accel
Actually most have no idea and have never seen it. If they did fanboys in every Hulk thread would be screaming Hulk has universal lv durability.

I can see it now...

"Superman can't hurt Hulk, because hulk has survived universe destroying blast without a scratch".
DevilHulk is a prime example of that.

Any way, you would just have to learn to ignore those who iuse that kind of logic. If it's any thing members of KMC should have learned in recent times, it's that you can't debate logically with fanboys of that caliber.

bigbran
He mentions a sphere within the Sun's core (heart). Clearly, he's talking about two separate spheres. "It pulses in rhythm with the sun's blazing heart"? Maybe the sun is pulsing in rhythm with it's heart?
Everything about that thing just doesn't add up.
Also, there was no noticible sphere. The only sphere he could have been talking about was the sun, plus Thor isn't the most understandable at times.

But still, I will go back to Thor taking power from the sun to pelt Atum with.

Ah yes, I forgot about that moment. Looking at it now, it looks like that may be the Hulk personality who's currently on Planet Hulk. I thought it was Savage...

Any way, you can see there, he's conscious. He's badly hurt, but consioud nonetheless. Still, that is the only shot he took from Thanos, and it wasn't even that big (not knocking Hulk), just saying that Thanos could have put him down (same as he put Thor down, to even it out).

They're about as much as the "shots" that Thor took from Ego. Notice how I didn't say anything about that. Wait... Ego hit Thor?

Soujaboy
DevilHulk is a prime example of that.

Any way, you would just have to learn to ignore those who iuse that kind of logic. If it's any thing members of KMC should have learned in recent times, it's that you can't debate logically with fanboys of that caliber.

Can you lead me to the scan then?

Accel
"It pulses in rhythm with the sun's blazing heart"? Maybe the sun is pulsing in rhythm with it's heart?
Everything about that thing just doesn't add up.
Also, there was no noticible sphere. The only sphere he could have been talking about was the sun, plus Thor isn't the most understandable at times.

But still, I will go back to Thor taking power from the sun to pelt Atum with.
I take the Sun thing as a bit more ambiguous than most. We see Thor in the sun, but acting like he may as well be in a field of flowers.

So I interpret his statement when he enters that he's in a sphere of some sort as the writer explaining how he does that.
I thought it was Savage...

Still, that is the only shot he took from Thanos, and it wasn't even that big (not knocking Hulk), just saying that Thanos could have put him down (same as he put Thor down, to even it out).
From what little I recall of that story, that version of the Hulk didn't seem to have the personality that Savage Hulk is known for. Really, he seemed to talk rather normally and arrogantly, much like the current uincarnation.

Thanos could have put either one of them down. Really, I don't see these guys (or any one top-tier really) as capable of taking attacks from any one Sky-Father level and simply shrugging them off, regardless of how many times they may do it in comics.
Notice how I didn't say anything about that. Wait... Ego hit Thor?
Ego sent his anit-bodies to take Thor out when he was in his system.

That statement was really more of a reference to Souja's list of the people Thor's fought and taken shots from.

Accel
Can you lead me to the scan then?
I can't. For some reason, the scans don't seem to be working when I check them out at the respect thread.

Something going on at Image Shack, I guess.

EDIT: Well any who, here are the links. Who knows, maybe they're just not working for me or something.
http://img142.exs.cx/img142/8388/darkcosmos23zl.th.jpg
http://img140.exs.cx/img140/6100/darkcosmos30sy.th.jpg

Soljer
Thor is more durable.

The Hulk's durability plus his healing factor, though, greatly outweigh Thor's durability advantage.

bigbran
I take the Sun thing as a bit more ambiguous than most. We see Thor in the sun, but acting like he may as well be in a field of flowers.

So I interpret his statement when he enters that he's in a sphere of some sort as the writer explaining how he does that.
So, how do you interpret the part in which he absorbs the sun's power to use against Atum?

Also, Surfer flies through suns and feels good about them...

Accel
So, how do you interpret the part in which he absorbs the sun's power to use against Atum?

Also, Surfer flies through suns and feels good about them...
I interpret that as Thor using a magical hammer that can do almost any thing, really. Wouldn't surprise me at all if Thor was standing in Earth and somehow absorbed the Sun's power.

As far as durability is concerned, I would put Surfer above both Thor and Hulk. I don't see Thor or Hulk regularly passing into black holes like Surfer does, so he's not the best example to use.

beta ray bob
wait just to clarify this, does thor have mjolnir in this "durability test"

cause if he does then it's no doubt that he wins, also he fought the destroyer many times, once or twice with loki in it and lets not forget the fact that he took a few hits from surtur way back in thor #351

nice sig by the way

FearOfBlood
The Hulk is more durable than Thor.

Thor has not a great track record for durability.

FearOfBlood
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Thor is the more durable.

Hulk's healing factor isn't part of durability. It makes him last a long time, through a lot of damage, sure, but its not durability.

Healing Factor means he's already taken the damage, and now he's recovering.

Durability means you dont have to recover from the damage...

read thor #385 and than we'll talk again

FearOfBlood

that's not a matter of opinion here, YOU ARE WRONG

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by FearOfBlood
that's not a matter of opinion here, YOU ARE WRONG
Healing factor isn't part of a character's durability.

FearOfBlood

Didn't Hulk get KOed by a shot from Thanos?

only in fanfiction or you have no idea what the word "KO" means

BTW Marvel Handbook :

- Hulk 7/7 ------Thor 6/7------Hulk>Thor

bigbran
read thor #385 and than we'll talk again Not the best comic to help support your case...
They stalemated in h2h for a while, until, we all know Hulk can get stronger...
Nothing to do with duribility really. Plus he didn't put Thor down either.

FearOfBlood
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
Healing factor isn't part of a character's durability.

who talked about healing factor ?

the angrier he gets the more durable he gets (that's his power)

Wolverine can't cut him when he is angry (see his first appearance)

FearOfBlood
Not the best comic to help support your case...
They stalemated in h2h for a while, until, we all know Hulk can get stronger...
Nothing to do with duribility really. Plus he didn't put Thor down either.

referring to the last image of that issue: do you remember Thor's face ? and Hulk was fresh as a flower

juggernaut66666
referring to the last image of that issue: do you remember Thor's face ? and Hulk was fresh as a flower
I think you don't understand the meaning of durability it doesn't matter how did Thor look the only thing that counts is how much pain he can take.

Edit: Hulk has a healing factor ,Thor doesn't.

bigbran
only in fanfiction or you have no idea what the word "KO" means

BTW Marvel Handbook :

- Hulk 7/7 ------Thor 6/7------Hulk>Thor You mean in COMICS?
I just showed proof in the same post you quoted of Hulk going down from a small attack. I was wrong about the KO, but Hulk still went down, and he would have got annihilated from a bigger attack, or if Thanos would have hit him again.

Plus, what the hell is this ratings about? You know a 7 equals 100 tons right? You know Thor has lifted the weight of the world right?
So in the same post, you proved you were wrong.

Also, in a Marvel event, they had a thing where Thor was above Hulk in base strength, does that also mean that Hulk is a 6 as base strength?

bigbran
referring to the last image of that issue: do you remember Thor's face ? and Hulk was fresh as a flower Referring to the fact that Hulk has a healing factor?

It still had nothing to do with duribility any way you look at it.

masterbruce
For those of you who think that Thor can survive inside the core of the sun, you're nuts!

Standing in the core of the sun, with the heat and pressure at unimaginable levels, would be akin to standing while a million nuclear bombs are exploding around you.

Thor is durable, but he is not THAT durable. If he could take a million nukes at once without a scratch, then he would almost never even get hurt fighting the enemies he does.

bigbran
Originally posted by masterbruce
For those of you who think that Thor can survive inside the core of the sun, you're nuts!

Standing in the core of the sun, with the heat and pressure at unimaginable levels, would be akin to standing while a million nuclear bombs are exploding around you.

Thor is durable, but he is not THAT durable. If he could take a million nukes at once without a scratch, then he would almost never even get hurt fighting the enemies he does. How can we think, when he has?

Dinalfos
Hulk is more durable. He always has been, until Grey Hulk came along.

Tassadar
Not counting blocking/absorbing energy attacks and such, Hulk has more durability. Thor usually lasts longer and has a few more impressive feats because he takes his opponents attacks and redirects it or absorbs it with mjolnir, Hulk just stands there and takes it.

FearOfBlood
Originally posted by Tassadar
Not counting blocking/absorbing energy attacks and such, Hulk has more durability. Thor usually lasts longer and has a few more impressive feats because he takes his opponents attacks and redirects it or absorbs it with mjolnir, Hulk just stands there and takes it.

co-signed

Brutacus

UniOmni
I'd say Hulk is definitely more durable.

Wolverine cuts King Thor, he merely scratches Hulk.

The highend is debateable, but for a Hulk fan, the Thor taking shots fromt the Celestial Host might be the definition of pis, while for Thorbags, the Hulk taking antimatter and universe destroying blasts is pis.

You can't pick and choose whats legit.

You can laugh at all feats, but accept them as well.

I'd say Hulk is consistently more durable than Thor.

The taking out by a bullet thing really hurts Thors average, as does the maiming by Wolverine.

Soljer
Originally posted by UniOmni
I'd say Hulk is definitely more durable.

Wolverine cuts King Thor, he merely scratches Hulk.

The highend is debateable, but for a Hulk fan, the Thor taking shots fromt the Celestial Host might be the definition of pis, while for Thorbags, the Hulk taking antimatter and universe destroying blasts is pis.

You can't pick and choose whats legit.

You can laugh at all feats, but accept them as well.

I'd say Hulk is consistently more durable than Thor.

The taking out by a bullet thing really hurts Thors average, as does the maiming by Wolverine.

Taken out by a bullet? When? Thor's taken barrages of assault weapons. He's taken artillery rounds to the face. He's taken nukes. He's taken planet destroying blasts.

A bullet taking him out? Yeah, right. And Captain America could one-shot the Hulk.

Anyways, fact of the matter is, Thor is more DURABLE than the Hulk, but the Hulk would last much longer due to his healing factor. I mean, when hit with the same attack, the Hulk takes more actual DAMAGE, but it heals over. Thor takes LESS damage, but it stays with him.

Evangel94
Hulk is, on average, more durable than Thor the majority of the time.

Accel
Originally posted by beta ray bob
wait just to clarify this, does thor have mjolnir in this "durability test"

cause if he does then it's no doubt that he wins, also he fought the destroyer many times, once or twice with loki in it and lets not forget the fact that he took a few hits from surtur way back in thor #351

nice sig by the way
No Mjolnir. Otherwise, it'd just be a durability test between Hulk and the hammer, which would be pretty silly.

beta ray bob
true

Accel
Originally posted by Soljer
Taken out by a bullet? When? Thor's taken barrages of assault weapons. He's taken artillery rounds to the face. He's taken nukes. He's taken planet destroying blasts.

A bullet taking him out? Yeah, right. And Captain America could one-shot the Hulk.

Anyways, fact of the matter is, Thor is more DURABLE than the Hulk, but the Hulk would last much longer due to his healing factor. I mean, when hit with the same attack, the Hulk takes more actual DAMAGE, but it heals over. Thor takes LESS damage, but it stays with him.
He was knocked out by a shotgun shell to the face somewhere in an issue of Black Panther a while back. He's also stated around this time that bullets can leave marks and welts on him if they make contact.

His durability is somewhat like Wonder Woman's, which is why he has to block bullets. That's the main reason why I excluded bullets and and such from this thread.

Soljer
He was knocked out by a shotgun shell to the face somewhere in an issue of Black Panther a while back. He's also stated around this time that bullets can leave marks and welts on him if they make contact.

His durability is somewhat like Wonder Woman's, which is why he has to block bullets. That's the main reason why I excluded bullets and and such from this thread.

Oh! A Black Panther issue!

Why didn't you say so? Thor's white. :-P.

But seriously, he's taken artillery shells to the face. Why would a shotgun shell even tickle a nose hair?

Soujaboy

But seriously, he's taken artillery shells to the face. Why would a shotgun shell even tickle a nose hair?

exactly...

Accel

Thor's durability was often very inconsistent. You'd see him take shots from Hulk, then you may see him knocked back by a firehose or stunned by a flag pole. It's usually been a little like Wonder Woman's durability, who recently took a punch from Superman from the sun to th earth and yet was once knocked out by a bullet to the head a while ago as well.

I believe that's why some folks are giving Hulk the nod here, since his durability's been more consistent.

h1a8
I agree Accel. Plus Thor's durability is mainly of the energy projection
type and not to much of the physical type. So all in all I say that Hulk can take physical hits better (even without his healing) than Thor and about equal to Thor in energy. Thus making his durability slightly greater than Thor's. But throw in the healing regeneration then it is clear that Hulk's durability exceeds Thor's. This is like Wolverine with a serious healing upgrade.

Soljer
Erm, why WOULD you throw in the regeneration? That isn't durability. Regeneration doesn't factor into durability.

Invulnerability and regeneration are two entirely separate powers. For example: Spiderman is more DURABLE than Wolverine. Wolverine's healing factor, however, would allow him to last longer than spiderman in a fight.

He's still less durable, though.

smile.

grey fox
Thor by a Longshot.

Heres why.

http://www.incrediblehulk.com/ufoesskinhealth1.jpg

The only thing stopping him from keeling over is his HF , without that he'd be a corpse.

Soleran
Hulk survives slash's from Wolverine's KLAWZ, Thor almost had his arm shredded!

eek!

Dinalfos
Vector tried the same with Banner-Hulk and nothing happened. Different incarnation.

Tassadar
Originally posted by grey fox
Thor by a Longshot.

Heres why.

http://www.incrediblehulk.com/ufoesskinhealth1.jpg

The only thing stopping him from keeling over is his HF , without that he'd be a corpse.

Thor would be a corpse from having all his skin burned off.

DevilGoblin
Hulk is way durable than Thor. Hope you're kidding me.

Vector should kill Thor any time.

Kid Kurdy
I think that was Grey Hulk, the weakest Hulk incarnation. He also isn't as durable as "normal" Hulk.

grey fox
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
I think that was Grey Hulk, the weakest Hulk incarnation. He also isn't as durable as "normal" Hulk.

laughing

http://www.incrediblehulk.com/ufoesskinhealth2.jpg

That look grey to you stick out tongue

h1a8
Erm, why WOULD you throw in the regeneration? That isn't durability. Regeneration doesn't factor into durability.

Invulnerability and regeneration are two entirely separate powers. For example: Spiderman is more DURABLE than Wolverine. Wolverine's healing factor, however, would allow him to last longer than spiderman in a fight.

He's still less durable, though.

smile.

Regeneration has everything to do with durability.
Just look at the definition by Marvel. Also look at all the character's who can heal fast durability stats on cards and handbooks. Now using your definition of durability then you have a point. But using marvel's definition and its has everything to do with it.

draxx_tOfU
i dont want to stir further sh!t but, isnt thor asgardian, meaning a "god", whose physiology differs from others, who by virtue of birth was already granted nigh invulnerability to begin with...

and i personally dont see anything wrong with hulk's healing factor affecting his durability, i mean isnt he durable because of his healing factor, its part of it...its like saying hulk isnt strong if it werent for the gamma radiation...

this isnt thor vs bruce banner, its thor vs hulk, and the hulk persona comes with the stength and healing factor...

just my two cents...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.