Help Me!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TRH
Well if you post in off-topic a lot then you know me and if not hello

I am in a religon crisis!
I need a religon....I have tried to adopt buddism but its just to damm hard.

Open to any suggestions at this point.....
Myself I am trying to look into Islam,Buddism,Bah'i,Zoroastrianism....Maybe I chould be a liberal christian...but not likely....If there is a god I hope he speaks to me

Open to any comments or suggestions.....and thank you for your help...

Symmetric Chaos
This is such a bad place to ask for advice TRH.

I would suggest that you develop a personal philosiphy and then find the religion that matches best with those beliefs.

TRH
To bad I am asking anyway

Symmetric Chaos
And I answered anyway.

The problem is that this is just going to turn into a big fight.

TRH
What religon are you

Nellinator
Why do you need a religion?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by TRH
What religon are you

Ignostic.

I believe that it doesn't matter if God exists or not. From a materialistic stand point the world is doing just fine as it is be it by decree of some ineffable god or simply by the laws of nature. In general I find it easier to look at the world from an athiest's point of view but I enjoy the experience of religion and am a member of my local church.

Morally I was raised with Christian values which I still hold. However I ignore commandments that have no rational backing.

TRH
What the difference between Ignostic and Agnostic???

TRH
Originally posted by Nellinator
Why do you need a religion? Because I have become quite lost

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by TRH
What the difference between Ignostic and Agnostic???

Agnostics don't know. An agnostic sees that there may or may not be a god and that there is no evidence to prove either conclusion so they cannot chose.

Ignostics don't really care. An ignostic sees the same lack evidence and concludes that an unknowable god is virtually the same as a nonexistant god. In my personal belief god is simply a word that people use for a truth or meaning that they want from life or a word that describes the world's order.

TRH
hmm

Alliance

Is a religion going to help you find your way? I'd say no. It seems that your opinon that religion will solve your problems is based on false preconceptions.

Perhaps it is your desperate grasping for any religon to hold onto that is the cause of your "lost"

Storm
I was about to ask the same question.

Anyhow, it is important to ask yourself what you are actually looking for, and how it relates to the sort of person you are.

By Crom!
Originally posted by Alliance

Because he is a "Godless" heathen by Crom!

Alliance
Thats a lot of mocking for someone asking for help erm.

TRH
Thats a lot of mocking for someone asking for help erm. I like to mock and make fun of people....I am very scientific and support evolution

TRH
or at least somewhat evolution

Alliance
Those were disjointed comments. How can one only partially agree with evolution.

Its kind of like telling a cop you mostly stopped at the red light.

Faceman
Originally posted by TRH
I like to mock and make fun of people....I am very scientific and support evolution Well then problem solve.. Your new religion is............................................................................................................................Scientology! Say hello to Tom Cruz for me..... laughing

TRH
Those were disjointed comments. How can one only partially agree with evolution.

Its kind of like telling a cop you mostly stopped at the red light. I do that all the time...I ment I was becoming more and more unsure

TRH
Originally posted by Faceman
Well then problem solve.. Your new religion is............................................................................................................................Scientology! Say hello to Tom Cruz for me..... laughing Go **** yourself

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by TRH
Well if you post in off-topic a lot then you know me and if not hello

I am in a religon crisis!
I need a religon....I have tried to adopt buddism but its just to damm hard.

Open to any suggestions at this point.....
Myself I am trying to look into Islam,Buddism,Bah'i,Zoroastrianism....Maybe I chould be a liberal christian...but not likely....If there is a god I hope he speaks to me

Open to any comments or suggestions.....and thank you for your help...

What type of Buddhism did you try and what did you find to be too hard?

Faceman
Originally posted by TRH
Go **** yourself Hey nice attitude to have for someone who is looking for religion...... laughing Your fake dude..... laughing out loud

TRH
Hey nice attitude to have for someone who is looking for religion...... laughing Your fake dude..... laughing out loud what does saying that got to do with religon I am not fake I have well over 1000 posts in the last few weeks

TRH
Hey nice attitude to have for someone who is looking for religion...... laughing Your fake dude..... laughing out loud So your saying if I say this I will go to hell? What do you mean?

TRH
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
What type of Buddhism did you try and what did you find to be too hard? No type I started to looking Into types after studying scripture but it was just to hard and shaby,I dont think it was for me

By Crom!
Hey nice attitude to have for someone who is looking for religion...... laughing Your fake dude..... laughing out loud

sad You're

TRH
Originally posted by By Crom!
sad You're laughing

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by TRH
No type I started to looking Into types after studying scripture but it was just to hard and shaby,I dont think it was for me

OK, However, you should do more investigation before you make up your mind about things in life. You may have missed something.

TRH
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
OK, However, you should do more investigation before you make up your mind about things in life. You may have missed something. I like Bahl'i to or bal'i whatever

TRH
oops

Alliance
Originally posted by TRH
I do that all the time...I ment I was becoming more and more unsure

THen visit the Evolution thread.

Adam_PoE

TRH

TRH
I am going to try buddism I think

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.