Superbowl XLI

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Alliance
Go Bears! (NFC Champs) 39-14 over the New Orleans Saints.

...oh, but who will they play?

soin2cal
what?

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Alliance

Hell yeah, homes.

Go Bears!

soin2cal
Is this the thing thats on TV? A show type of thing? If so i have never really understood what goes on in the show lol

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by soin2cal
what?

American football...you wouldn't understand.

soin2cal
This i am talking about is called superbowlstick out tongue
Yes i do!

§P0oONY
I'm looking foreword to the superbowl. It's a nice spectacle. I watch it every year.

Quiero Mota

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Do you actually watch football, or just the Superbowl?
I watch American Football when it's on TV, which isn't often. I enjoy it, it's far more interesting than European Football in my opinion.

Lana

We were watching it today when I was at work laughing out loud

Quiero Mota

§P0oONY
It's Prince this year, right? That's what I heard.

Quiero Mota

Barker
yawn

It'd better be Colts>Bears or Patriots<Bears.

Quiero Mota
I'm of the opinion that the Pats would beat the Bears.

Alliance
I'm of the desire that the Bears WIN evil face

...then agian I'm biased.

Darth Macabre
Go Pats! w00t

Barker
<--------------
I'm of the opinion that the Pats would beat the Bears.

Quiero Mota

True that, Chicagoan.

The Pats have won too much in recent history; so I'm rooting for the Bears. Plus, I've always been a fan of the Refrigerator.

Alliance
big grin

Lana

Daaaaaaamn straight big grin

Darth Macabre
True that, Chicagoan.

The Pats have won too much in recent history; so I'm rooting for the Bears. Plus, I've always been a fan of the Refrigerator.

Agreed...I'd rather have the Bears win the superbowl, but I want the Pats to get there.

Regret
I typically could care less of the AFC, but I was glad the Bears made it in. Now, I'm a Phillie fan, so I'm rather impartial as long as the NFC beats the AFC. Although Dungy and Lovie would be an awesome historical moment.

Alliance
I should have waited until the Pats-Colts game was over and made a poll.

ahhh...the rush of the moment.

BackFire
Pats are gonna win it all, once again.

Alliance
no

And the Colts can eliminate that posibillity tonight.

BackFire
They're not doing a very good job of that so far, 21 - 3 in the first half.

§P0oONY
4th quarter comeback. w00t

Alliance

Quiero Mota

Quiero Mota
Halftime: 21-6

I sure hope Indy pulls it off.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by BackFire
They're not doing a very good job of that so far, 21 - 3 in the first half.

21-6, now. stick out tongue

reggie_jax
edited

wuTa
Oh Colts with a great a comeback to stick it in the Pats faces, what an awesome game, Go Colts!!!

reggie_jax
edited

Lana
Bears vs. Colts w00t

...I still say Bears are going to win but like Alliance, I'm biased stick out tongue

Mr. Bacon
****ing the patriots blew that game, theyre defense collapsed totally, prevet defense gets you nowhere. 21-3 and they blow it, good job defense, and the pass interference on hobbs wasnt a penalty, and then the no call when the colts DB was all over the reciever, complete bullshit

Bain
Im a huge Bears fan and all I can say is **** off to the media, and all the sports people who kept talking shit about the Bears and even Colts.

Analysts are dumb.
But I must say that was a bullshit call at the end. THe blow to the head penalty against manning. Never happened. Refs handed them the game.

Mr. Bacon
Originally posted by Bain
Im a huge Bears fan and all I can say is **** off to the media, and all the sports people who kept talking shit about the Bears and even Colts.

Analysts are dumb.
But I must say that was a bullshit call at the end. THe blow to the head penalty against manning. Never happened. Refs handed them the game.
agreed, the pass interference that wasnt called? the colts DB took down the reciever and never turned for the ball, but when ellis hobbs doesnt touch him and knocks down the pass, its interference

Bain
Yeah as much as I would like to see Manning get one, I hate Colt games because they get so many calls its sickening.

Mr. Bacon
i sai din the beginning of the year it might be the colts year this yeas, but i think they lose to the bears

wuTa
I say Colts, I don't thing Grossman can carry the Bears which is what he's gonna have to do if the Colt's run defense shows up.

Mr. Bacon
Originally posted by wuTa
I say Colts, I don't thing Grossman can carry the Bears which is what he's gonna have to do if the Colt's run defense shows up.
the colts defense is awful against the run, if cedric benson and tom jones step up they can dominate time of possesion and win the game

wuTa
Originally posted by Mr. Bacon
the colts defense is awful against the run, if cedric benson and tom jones step up they can dominate time of possesion and win the game

I disagree, during the regular season, yea, the Colts were awful agaisnt the run, but ever since they got back Bob Sanders, and in the past 4 or 5 games with the exception of that 1st half against the Pats today, there run defense has been excellent.

Mr. Bacon
I disagree, during the regular season, yea, the Colts were awful agaisnt the run, but ever since they got back Bob Sanders, and in the past 4 or 5 games with the exception of that 1st half against the Pats today, there run defense has been excellent.
i disagree with that, although the return of sanders did help, the faced KC and baltimor ein the playoffs whose only real weapons were theyre runnning backs, so naturally the colts foucsed on them and shut them down whihc highlighted the run D

wuTa
i disagree with that, although the return of sanders did help, the faced KC and baltimor ein the playoffs whose only real weapons were theyre runnning backs, so naturally the colts foucsed on them and shut them down whihc highlighted the run D

I don't see how thats any different than the Bears, I don't really consider Grossman anymore of a threat than what Mcnair.

Mr. Bacon
I don't see how thats any different than the Bears, I don't really consider Grossman anymore of a threat than what Mcnair.
but grossman can get the ball to muhammed and berrian who are threats

Alliance
BEARS.

Mr. Bacon
hell yea the bears

Alliance
hells yeah

Gannon
GO BEARS!

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by BackFire
Pats are gonna win it all, once again.
not likely, when they are on early vacation. laughing out loud

Colts 38 Bears 28, thats my prediction, monty.

Lord Evolution
Colts 28 Bears 17

Rogue Jedi
Colts Defense is gonna rock from the opening snap. i see peyton manning throwing for at least 300 yards, 3 td's, maybe 1 pick.

FistOfThe North
I'm hurting, badly, this morning.

My Pats lost and i'll be depressed about it the whole week. All of Boston will be.

"How could you fcukin' choke like that with that in-tow, Brady!"

Although you guys practically gave away the Superbowl championship away, you're still my favorite team though and the Colts are gonna slaughter the Bears, by the way.

BobbyD
I'm a Chicagoan and terrified. ...can't help but think that this is Manning's year.

BobbyD
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
I'm hurting, badly, this morning.

My Pats lost and i'll be depressed about it the whole week. All of Boston will be.

"How could you fcukin' choke like that with that in-tow, Brady!"

Although you guys practically gave away the Superbowl championship away, you're still my favorite team though and the Colts are gonna slaughter the Bears, by the way.

...try being a Cubs fan. bag

wuTa
but grossman can get the ball to muhammed and berrian who are threats

It's not that easy, if the Colts shutdown the Bears running game thats going to put more pressure on Grossman to get the ball to Muhammed, and Berrian, and If it becomes a shootout between Grossman and Manning, well I think its obvious who has the advantage in that matchup.

Grimm22
Originally posted by BobbyD
I'm a Chicagoan and terrified. ...can't help but think that this is Manning's year.

Following the words of John Wayne, "Courage is when a man is scared to death and saddling up anyway." cool

Everyone is overrating the Colts and underestimating the Bears with this matchup

After all most people thought that New Orleans was going to win, but the Bears proved them all wrong.

I think Urlacher and the defense & Thomas Jones and the Offense are going to pull an upset and prove to the world why the Bears are america's team big grin

Grimm22
It's not that easy, if the Colts shutdown the Bears running game thats going to put more pressure on Grossman to get the ball to Muhammed, and Berrian, and If it becomes a shootout between Grossman and Manning, well I think its obvious who has the advantage in that matchup.

Grossman has already proven against the Saints that shutting down the running game won't slow down the Bear's offense when they're on a roll cool

WrathfulDwarf
I really wanted a Patriots vs. Bears rematch. So I'll be a good sport and root for you guys! Go Bears!

Ql6BLBKdIOg

wuTa
Originally posted by Grimm22
Grossman has already proven against the Saints that shutting down the running game won't slow down the Bear's offense when they're on a roll cool

But the Saints didnt really shut down there running game. Grossman played effecient against the Saints, I'll give him that, but its not like he carried that team to a victory against the Saints.

BobbyD

Contribute some of this to the Saints self destruction also and (early in the game) a poor call on a fumble on a NO kick return that resulted in 3 easy points for the Bears.

Lord Evolution
Saints didn't shut down shit on a stick.

Plus they had no running game, they didn't even try to run, and it was snowing....they ran 10 times.

After coming off a monster day on the ground against Philly, they run the ball 10 times and throw if 50, but it's oh well now they really had a good chance of winning the Superbowl.

Bears ran the ball down their throat but for some reason I don't think they will be able to do that against the Colts.

Smasandian
Bear's are American's team?

Hahahah thats a joke because its America's bandwagon jumping team.

The Colts throughout the whole playoffs were slated to lose because of thier run defense. They've finally shored it up respectifully enough to cause some problems. If Jones and Benson have big days, the Bears might win, but if the Colts get the kickoff and score early enough, I have feeling Rex Grossman will be destroyed. Let's see how well he throws underpressure from Freeney and Mathis running up his ass.

It could go both ways, but in a close game, I'm taking Manning every time against Rex Grossman. Remember, he aint that great.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
I really wanted a Patriots vs. Bears rematch. So I'll be a good sport and root for you guys! Go Bears!

Ql6BLBKdIOg The superbowl should be great. Peyton should have. I hope. But I think do bears will win.

FlappingMangera
I'm not a huge colts fan, but I think Petyon has to win a superbowl one of these days

Grimm22
But the Saints didnt really shut down there running game. Grossman played effecient against the Saints, I'll give him that, but its not like he carried that team to a victory against the Saints.

He certainly earned his spot on the team, thats for sure big grin

Salem07
GO COLTS!!! That was an amazing game to be at last night!

They will have Super Bowl XLI under their belt. I'm excited. We're going to the game, I do believe.

Smasandian
I like how the Saints shut down the Bears running game.

I didnt relize 196 yards in a game for both RB's was shutting them down.

Grimm22
Originally posted by Smasandian
I like how the Saints shut down the Bears running game.

I didnt relize 196 yards in a game for both RB's was shutting them down.

If by shutting down the Bears, you mean the amazing touchdown pass and the numerous touchdowns by Thomas Jones, then yes, the bears were 'shut down' roll eyes (sarcastic)

Grimm22
I would like to see Manning get himself out of this one cool

http://manningattacked.ytmnd.com/

Rogue Jedi
manning will pick the bears secondary apart. it might take him a quarter or two to figure them out, but he will, he's a frigging surgeon.

Salem07
It was a tough first half, but hey, they still pulled through and won it.

I know we've got this. Manning will be able to finish in the game this time too smile

Rogue Jedi
manning is similar to joe montana like that. he might run into a tough secondary, but he will sit back and figure out how to pick it apart.

Smasandian
If by shutting down the Bears, you mean the amazing touchdown pass and the numerous touchdowns by Thomas Jones, then yes, the bears were 'shut down' roll eyes (sarcastic)

What?

What does this have to do with what I said. I was commenting on somebody saying that the Saints shutdown the Bears running game...which is completly wrong.

If they did, the Saints would of won. I'm sorry but Rex Grossman threw that ball up for no reason and if the player actually played the ball well enough, it would of been an INT. Try to do that again, and see how well the outcome turns out.

forumcrew
He doesnt appear to read posts fully. The Saints kept forcing their D to stay on the field longer than they needed to by turning the ball over. This wore and them and you knew sooner or later the run game was gonna take its toll. And a fine example of how screwed they woulda been had they been forced to relly on rex is when he missed desmond clark when he was beyond wide open in the end zone.

Funkadelic
Only care about the Halftime performance.

lol

Alliance
Just hours remaining.

Rogue Jedi
tick tock tick tock.....do you believe i had to pitch a fit to get today off from work for this?

WrathfulDwarf
Let's see...

Chips
Beer
Nachos
Soda
Hot wings
Pizza

yup...ready for the game. big grin

Rogue Jedi
dammit, i forgot the nachos. share?

Rogue Jedi
ok, where the hell are my colts? whats up with peyton?

spencerspider
my cable is out who is winning?

TaZ#12
ill keep you in touch, Bears 14 Colts 9, Colts-2 turnovers, and a muffed snap on the PAT, CHI-2 turnovers, and Hester took the opening kickoff for a TD.
Colts just scored 16-14.

Lord Evolution
I can broadcast the game live over my server if you want to watch it.

It will be live and all yo gotta do is type in the address.

Rogue Jedi
thats more like it. show some confidence, peyton.

Rogue Jedi
grossman just fell down like a *****.

Morning_Glory
who is winning?

are the commercials any good?

spencerspider
i wanna watch it lol
type in the adress

Rogue Jedi
22-17 colts. the bud light commercial was funny.

spencerspider
i have to go for the bears i got money on them

Rogue Jedi
start of 4th quarter, 2nd and 8, colts ball. colts 22 bears 17.

Lord Evolution
Check PM spider

Rogue Jedi
grossman threw another INT. colts 29 bears 17......someone tell the fat lady she is on in 5. well, 9:55.

Lord Evolution
Congrats to the Colts.

I lovin seeing Manning and Dungy with a smile on their face and a trophy in their hand.

Alpha Centauri
Quite bullshit though, really.

"We did this God's way". I think the athiests on the team are probably quite annoyed at that statement after playing their asses off.

-AC

Smasandian
I dont think the athiests on the team are annoyed. I dont think they even care right now.

That's if they're is any athiests on the team anyways.

wuTa
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Quite bullshit though, really.

"We did this God's way". I think the athiests on the team are probably quite annoyed at that statement after playing their asses off.

-AC

I think you're making a bigger deal out of more than his players ever will.

Alpha Centauri
Keep your pants on, I simply said I think it's bs.

I doubt they care now, they might not care at all. I personally would be, is my point.

-AC

wuTa
Yea, we got that. You're making a big deal out of nothing is what I think. Dungy has gone through a ton of hardships, and a long road to the finally get a Superbow ring. I think he's earned the right to say what he wants.

Smasandian
The thing is, I would think that the majority of players are quite religious.

I would be surpraised if they were any athiests in the NFL.

Grimm22
Damnit, Grossman cost us the game sad

Oh well, Dungey is cool and he deserves the win I guess

But next year belongs to the bears! rock

Alpha Centauri
Yea, we got that. You're making a big deal out of nothing is what I think. Dungy has gone through a ton of hardships, and a long road to the finally get a Superbow ring. I think he's earned the right to say what he wants.

He has, but that doesn't include the right to give credit to a deity the players may not believe in. If they do, good luck to the man.

He's not harming anyone, him and his team worked hard, they played hard and deserved the win. I was just making a point, stop being such a lady.

-AC

wuTa
Rexman is going to have to stepup alot for that to happen, plus there defense needs to stay healthy.

The thing is, I would think that the majority of players are quite religious.

I would be surpraised if they were any athiests in the NFL.

I'm sure there are some, but I think the great coaches and players don't let that kind of thing bother them. Kind of like when you disagree about politics with a close family member, you may have a verbal sparring match here and there, but at the end of the day you don't let it affect how you feel about that person.

wuTa
He has, but that doesn't include the right to give credit to a deity the players may not believe in. If they do, good luck to the man.

He's not harming anyone, him and his team worked hard, they played hard and deserved the win. I was just making a point, stop being such a lady.

-AC

Yea, you're the one b!tching, moaning and fighting this to the end, like a lady. You can make a point, but I can't make mine? Sounds just like my exgirlfriend. So it would be ok for Dungy not to say what he believes in and deity all the players that do believe in God right.

How many times are you going to see you're making a point? We get you're point already. Just because you don't like what he said doesn't mean we want to hear you b!tch about it, and say "I was making a point." You made you're point, I made mine, this is the part where we move on.

Lord Evolution
Dungy is the man right now, he can say what he wants.

Do you even know if there are atheist on the team? Even if there was who the **** cares!?!

Smasandian
Yeah.

Anyways, I cant believe how bad the Bears defense played. Outside of the fumbles, which was a case of bad weather and new balls, they didnt do anything. The Colts were rushing against them like teams rush against the Colts. It was bad.

I have to say, I didnt see the Colts winning the Superbowl at all, but they played amazing during the postseason. Congrats to them.

Lord Evolution
See this is what the Saints should have done against the Bears, but no they threw 50 times.

Alpha Centauri
Yea, you're the one b!tching, moaning and fighting this to the end, like a lady. You can make a point, but I can't make mine? Sounds just like my exgirlfriend. So it would be ok for Dungy not to say what he believes in and deity all the players that do believe in God right.

Hahahaha, damn man, grab a tampon.

I wasn't bitching about anything, I said I think the general concept of what he said was bs, that's all I said. You're the one who took it to heart and are now making a massive deal about something I said.

Get over it.

He can essentially say what he wants, I was making the general point regarding how I would PERSONALLY feel if it was me. Not speaking for anybody else.

How many times are you going to see you're making a point? We get you're point already. Just because you don't like what he said doesn't mean we want to hear you b!tch about, and say "I was making a point." You made you're point, I made mine, this is the part where we move on.

Where in this tapestry of menopausal fury did you get given the power of when I'M done and when I move on? If you know I've made my point, why do you keep contesting it? I get what you're saying, but that doesn't stop you from throwing a fit.

-AC

Smasandian
Originally posted by Lord Evolution
See this is what the Saints should have done against the Bears, but no they threw 50 times.

Yeah, people also forget that the Colts have much better recievers and Manning.

They were better skilled than the Saints, while the coaching of the Bears was bad. The Colts won the game basically the same way the won against the Pats, Ravens and Chiefs. Throw the ball to the flats, TE's and slants, and just eat up the yards. It's quite funny actually, they're doing the same thing teams having been doing to the Colts throughout the regular season. Keep the other team off the field.

Quiero Mota
Damnit, Grossman cost us the game sad

He sure did. Compared to Manning, he's very inexperienced. I can't believe the interceptions he threw. Never mind, his team's fumbles.

We all know Lovie Smith is pissed at him. laughing out loud

--------

Alpha Centauri, you watch football??

Smasandian
The fumbles were all over the place. I really feel that it was more of the conditions. I dont really blame Grossman for the fumbles because I feel that it wasnt just Grossman.

Also, I think Grossman is being used as an scapegoat. He didnt do very well but his whole team didnt do very well. The defense is what cost them the game.

Another person to be blamed is the coaches. Horrible, horrible playcalling and horrible gameplanning. Not once did I think that the Bears had an advantage over the Colts.

wuTa
Hahahaha, damn man, grab a tampon.

I wasn't bitching about anything, I said I think the general concept of what he said was bs, that's all I said. You're the one who took it to heart and are now making a massive deal about something I said.

Get over it.

I was never on it, so it's kind of hard to get over it. I think if you asked anyone or the majority in this thread that read what you said, they would agree with me, and get the impression that what you said, sounds alot like b!tching. So I guess everytime someone disagrees with you, and points out you're contradictions it's a massive deal huh? I guess from you're perspective it is but I'm treating this convo no different than my last trip to Starbucks.

Yea, and all I said was that Dungy has the right to say what he wants, and

He can essentially say what he wants, I was making the general point regarding how I would PERSONALLY feel if it was me. Not speaking for anybody else.

Where in this tapestry of menopausal fury did you get given the power of when I'M done and when I move on? If you know I've made my point, why do you keep contesting it? I get what you're saying, but that doesn't stop you from throwing a fit.

-AC

Yea, ok, you were only speaking for yourself yet "I bet all the atheists that worked there ass off liked that statement." That sounds like you're trying to speak for all the atheists on the Colts team to me, not just yourself. Well if you get what I'm saying than I would think you would stop making the making the same point, and stop repeating yourself.

Quiero Mota
The fumbles were all over the place. I really feel that it was more of the conditions. I dont really blame Grossman for the fumbles because I feel that it wasnt just Grossman.

Also, I think Grossman is being used as an scapegoat. He didnt do very well but his whole team didnt do very well. The defense is what cost them the game.

Chicago's defense did a good job. And whether people are calling Grossman a scapegoat is fair or not, he did lose the game. If your QB is playing poorly, then there goes your offense. Lovie should've had them do more running plays, to compromise for Grossman's underpar throwing.

Quiero Mota
Not once did I think that the Bears had an advantage over the Colts.

They were dominating the first quarter. Not to mention, the 8th kick-off return touchdown in Super Bowl history.

At halftime it was anyone's game, but Rex just got lazy.

If the Bears won, either Urlacher or Muhammad would be the MVP.

Alpha Centauri
I was never on it, so it's kind of hard to get over it. I think if you asked anyone or the majority in this thread that read what you said, they would agree with me, and get the impression that what you said, sounds alot like b!tching. So I guess everytime someone disagrees with you, and points out you're contradictions it's a massive deal huh? I guess from you're perspective it is but I'm treating this convo no different than my last trip to Starbucks.

So you are allowed to tell me I was bitching, but I'm not allowed to tell you you're making a big deal? And you talk to me of contradictions?

Yea, ok, you were only speaking for yourself yet "I bet all the atheists that worked there ass off liked that statement." That sounds like you're trying to speak for all the atheists on the Colts team to me, not just yourself. Well if you get what I'm saying than I would think you would stop making the making the same point, and stop repeating yourself.

If you get what I'M saying I would think you'd do the same thing, but you aren't, are you champ? You're too concerned with gaining the accolade of "I made him go away" than agreeing to disagree.

-AC

DanZeke25
That was the worst commercials for a superbowl EVER.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by DanZeke25

Agreed.

wuTa
So you are allowed to tell me I was bitching, but I'm not allowed to tell you you're making a big deal? And you talk to me of contradictions?

If you get what I'M saying I would think you'd do the same thing, but you aren't, are you champ? You're too concerned with gaining the accolade of "I made him go away" than agreeing to disagree.

-AC

Like I said, go a head and ask anyone hear if they got the impression that you were b!tching. It's hard not to get that impression from someone who never post in these types of threads than all of sudden makes one post, and that post is more about a religious statement than football.

I've stated numerous times I get what you're saying, its hard not to after you said it a half dozen times. I think your more consumed of winning this argument than me, lame references like champ, lady, and tampons proves that you're taking this conversation a little more serious than I am, which gave me the impression you would rather throw out sarcastic comments than agree to disagree. I would actually take more pride if I could get you to talk about football or the superbowl game than to "make you go away."

Dr. Strangelove
Originally posted by DanZeke25

Meh, they suck every year. Although that one car commercial with all the naked guys going crazy over the car was particularly awful.

DanZeke25
Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove
Meh, they suck every year. Although that one car commercial with all the naked guys going crazy over the car was particularly awful.

No they weren't bad the last couple years.

Alpha Centauri
Like I said, go a head and ask anyone hear if they got the impression that you were b!tching. It's hard not to get that impression from someone who never post in these types of threads than all of sudden makes one post, and that post is more about a religious statement than football.

Why not just ask me, the person saying it? You'll save a lot of bother that way.

I've stated numerous times I get what you're saying, its hard not to after you said it a half dozen times. I think your more consumed of winning this argument than me, lame references like champ, lady, and tampons proves that you're taking this conversation a little more serious than I am, which gave me the impression you would rather throw out sarcastic comments than agree to disagree. I would actually take more pride if I could get you to talk about football or the superbowl game than to "make you go away."

So...being sarcastic means I'm taking it....TOO serious? New to me.

-AC

Skeets
Thanks god for Rex Grossman..

Smasandian
They were dominating the first quarter. Not to mention, the 8th kick-off return touchdown in Super Bowl history.

At halftime it was anyone's game, but Rex just got lazy.

If the Bears won, either Urlacher or Muhammad would be the MVP.

The Bears dominated the first quarter? I didnt think so. It was even.

The defense played like crap. Allowing 430 yards isnt playing good. Every second time I saw a play, it was either Rhodes or Addai gaining 10 yards a carry, or breaking tackles, or not even being touched, or getting first downs. The defense couldnt do anything. They got beat on the ground.

I dont think the Bears would of won either if they ran the ball more. They got beat by the Colts soundly in every category except for special teams. The offense was simplistic and playcalling was brutal. How many 3rd and longs did I see a draw play? The defense was out-muscled by an "finesse" offense. The defence was out played. The defence couldnt stop anything.
I give credit to the defense it not allowing alot of points, but I feel thats the weather taking a toll on the field. For a defense to be that "great" it was not.

Lord Evolution
Here are all of the important Super Bowl commercials. http://youtube.com/superbowl

This one is the funniest, hurry up and cast your vote on Youtube

Fuuny http://youtube.com/watch?v=wV0B3maUK0E

Quiero Mota
The Bears dominated the first quarter? I didnt think so. It was even.

Even? At the end of the first, the score was 14-6 Bears. The swing was definitely in their favor. Which is why Indianapolis made every effort to keep the ball out of Hester's hands after that incredible return only 14 seconds into the game.

The defense played like crap. Allowing 430 yards isnt playing good. Every second time I saw a play, it was either Rhodes or Addai gaining 10 yards a carry, or breaking tackles, or not even being touched, or getting first downs. The defense couldnt do anything. They got beat on the ground.

I dont think the Bears would of won either if they ran the ball more. They got beat by the Colts soundly in every category except for special teams. The offense was simplistic and playcalling was brutal. How many 3rd and longs did I see a draw play? The defense was out-muscled by an "finesse" offense. The defence was out played. The defence couldnt stop anything.
I give credit to the defense it not allowing alot of points, but I feel thats the weather taking a toll on the field. For a defense to be that "great" it was not.

The Bears have a good defense; Urlacher was on his man almost the entire time. Both Dungy and Smith have conservative coaching styles, but Rhodes and Addai pulled it off, not only because of their running, but Peyton is obviously the better, more experienced QB. He completed 25 of his 38 passes. Grossman had no such luck, and despite the rainstorm, it would be accurate to blame Chicago's poor offense on him.

wuTa
Why not just ask me, the person saying it? You'll save a lot of bother that way.

So...being sarcastic means I'm taking it....TOO serious? New to me.

-AC

For the 1st question....

It's hard not to get that impression from someone who never post in these types of threads than all of sudden makes one post, and that post is more about a religious statement than football.

Perhaps if you talked more about football than religion, both our times could be saved.

Oh, so you weren't using sarcasm in a serous manner on those posts that were attempted to make yourself "get the better of me"? New to me.

Smasandian
Even? At the end of the first, the score was 14-6 Bears. The swing was definitely in their favor. Which is why Indianapolis made every effort to keep the ball out of Hester's hands after that incredible return only 14 seconds into the game.

The Bears have a good defense; Urlacher was on his man almost the entire time. Both Dungy and Smith have conservative coaching styles, but Rhodes and Addai pulled it off, not only because of their running, but Peyton is obviously the better, more experienced QB. He completed 25 of his 38 passes. Grossman had no such luck, and despite the rainstorm, it would be accurate to blame Chicago's poor offense on him.

Score wasnt the telling mark. Outside of one play, the Hester run, they're wasnt anything going for the Bears. It was only time before the Colts scored and they did and they dominated the Bears.

Also, so Hester scored 1 TD. Who cares. That's all the Bears did. They had the Jones run for 56 yards, got the TD, and nothing after that. They stunk.

Bears do have a good defense in theory, but definitly not this game. The Colts ran right over them. They ran for 193 yards against the Bears. How is that a good defense? Manning threw for 247 yards against them for a total of 430 yards. How is that a good defense?
They let the Colts have 81 plays on offense? Is that telling sign of a good defense? What about the 24 first downs? Overall, the Colts whooped that defense, and Urlacher and his famed LB got beat by Addai, Clark, Rhodes and Utecht on the ground and in the air.

I would think that Dungy is not an conservative coach. For years, people considered the Colts as one of the most explosive offensive teams in the league. That's not really a good sign for an conservative coach.

Quiero Mota
Score wasnt the telling mark. Outside of one play, the Hester run, they're wasnt anything going for the Bears. It was only time before the Colts scored and they did and they dominated the Bears.

Also, so Hester scored 1 TD. Who cares. That's all the Bears did. They had the Jones run for 56 yards, got the TD, and nothing after that. They stunk.

Bears do have a good defense in theory, but definitly not this game. The Colts ran right over them. They ran for 193 yards against the Bears. How is that a good defense? Manning threw for 247 yards against them for a total of 430 yards. How is that a good defense?
They let the Colts have 81 plays on offense? Is that telling sign of a good defense? What about the 24 first downs? Overall, the Colts whooped that defense, and Urlacher and his famed LB got beat by Addai, Clark, Rhodes and Utecht on the ground and in the air.

I would think that Dungy is not an conservative coach. For years, people considered the Colts as one of the most explosive offensive teams in the league. That's not really a good sign for an conservative coach.

If you're looking at the stats alone, then yeah, the Bears got whooped in every aspect. The numbers make the Bears look very bad. But then again, a 12 point lead isn't exactly a "dominating" victory.

The Bears have a good defense, but they played a shitty game. Urlacher, who is an excellent LB made less tackles then his norm. Rex Grossman QBed a very shitty game and was less than his potential, just like Nick Gannon in Super Bowl XXXVIII.

Dungy is a conservative coach, which is why the Bucs fired him. When he joined Indianapolis in '02, he spiced up his old school style a bit, which finally helped the Colts nab a Super Bowl win despite a less than glorious regular season.

Salem07
Go Colts!! That's all I have to say smile

botankus
People arguing about religion in an NFL thread is like somebody barging into an English Pub and raising hell because they think the colors of a soccer ball represent racism.

Two things to clear up two things:

1) This Super Bowl featured the most starters on both teams who are devout Christians. I watched coverage all two weeks and Friday night I was tired of the same boring crap on NFL Network and ESPN, so I was flipping through the Program Guide and saw The Bible Network (or Bible Channel, can't remember) was airing a 2-hour special on the Super Bowl. What the hell, I thought, so I checked it out. Here are a few who were on the show: Tony Dungy, Lovie Smith, Fred Miller, Muhsin Muhammed (imagine that), Thomas Jones, Daniel Manning, Ruben Brown, Ben Utecht, Dallas Clark, Bob Sanders, Hunter Smith, Antoine Bethea, Bryan Fletcher, and about 4 other lineman who I didn't catch their names and don't recognize their faces. Hell, the Colts have two chaplains, and one player even said that many players of both the Bears and Colts went to a voluntary Bible Study Thursday night. And to the atheists? I guess they can gripe. I did hear that Peyton Manning (Quarterback, #18 for the Indianapolis Colts for all those who don't know anything about the NFL) performed a few satanic rituals before kickoff.

2) Weather. Many times you will hear a coach (ala Sean Payton) or an announcer (ala Phil Simms) say the weather's not a factor. Drizzle, flurries, 90 degrees, I can understand that. However, when it's snowing and raining a substantial amount or the heat index is above 100 (prime example Pittsburgh vs. Jacksonville this past year), and the coach says that on TV, he's either lying or a bad coach.

Other than those two trivial items, congrats to the Colts. They earned it.

G U I T A R
Colts win! Bo0ya

Smasandian
If you're looking at the stats alone, then yeah, the Bears got whooped in every aspect. The numbers make the Bears look very bad. But then again, a 12 point lead isn't exactly a "dominating" victory.

The Bears have a good defense, but they played a shitty game. Urlacher, who is an excellent LB made less tackles then his norm. Rex Grossman QBed a very shitty game and was less than his potential, just like Nick Gannon in Super Bowl XXXVIII.

Dungy is a conservative coach, which is why the Bucs fired him. When he joined Indianapolis in '02, he spiced up his old school style a bit, which finally helped the Colts nab a Super Bowl win despite a less than glorious regular season.

Yeah, but those are the telling stats of the game. I give the defense credit in stopping the Colts in scoring points, but for a defense to be labelled great, or playing good, they should atleast give the other team a few 3 and outs and when the game is on the line, and you know the Colts are going to run it, and you need 12 points to tie the game and its midway through the 4th quarter. The defense should of stepped up and stopped the Colts to get the ball back. They didnt. They got run over.

Yeah, the Bears defense was good, but this game they were shown that they werent as good as people thought they were.

But that was years ago, Dungy now allows his coordinator and QB to make the decisions, and they generally are pretty explosive.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.