Stormtrooper Shot Accuracy...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

IceMan33
in watching the original trilogy today i noticed something n idk if neone else here has. in Ep VI, Luke and Obi-Wan come upon the Jawa transport which has been destroyed, Luke thinks it was Sandpeople and Obi-Wan says "these blasts points, too accurate for Sandpeople, only Imperial Stormtroopers are so precise." if theyr so precise why do they constantly miss with their shots when Han and Luke r rescuing Leia from the Death Star? or throughout VI, V, IV...

Alliance
Because Lucas is foolish...or Sandpeople are really bad shots.

IceMan33
theyr even bad @ close range in VI...when Luke and Leia run up the ramp and they have their backs turned the Stormtroopers culd have easily hit them. We see that the troops r supreme shots at close range in II when the clone wars begin and again in III wen theyr in the Jedi Temple killing the younglings.

Tangible God
Maybe because by the time of ANH, the clones were being replaced by natural recruits.

Not to mention every Stormtrooper suffers from the aptly named Stormtrooper Syndrome, where it is virtually impossible to lay a critical shot on a main character.

Alliance
Recurits were in the Imperial army by that time.

Barker
Originally posted by Tangible God
It is virtually impossible to lay a critical shot on a main character.

Alliance
THat's unfortunate if you're a minion.

queeq
IF he is...

~JP~
Originally posted by Alliance
THat's unfortunate if you're a minion.

laughing out loud

queeq
JP has such a sweet laugh.

Sesse
Or perhaps the stormtroopers positioned to the Death star were "garrison troops" or something like that. It seems unlikely that the elite infantry would be assigned a guard duty that massive, when some less capable units that can be trained in a shorter period of time can handle that aswell. The probability of close-combat occurring inside Death star must have seemed very marinal indeed.

queeq
NAh, Lucas just didn't want his heroes to be shot.

Ushgarak
Ben's statement never really made much sense anyway. I mean, if there was ever praising someone for hitting the broad side of a barn, that appeared to be it. And it is fairly intrinsinc that every blast mark he sees is a shot that missed.

In the back of my head I always had the idea that the reference was to quality of weapon, as derived from looking at the blast mark, but I know it doesn't entirely track.

queeq
You should be a lawyer... wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.