Illuminati vs Authority

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xmarksthespot
Standard rules yada yada. No prep. Fight in Mexico City.

The Illuminati
Mister Fantastic
Iron Man
Professor X
Doctor Strange
Namor
Black Bolt
+Black Panther

vs

The Authority
Swift
Jenny Quantum
The Renegade Doctor
The Engineer
Jack Hawksmoor
Apollo
Midnighter
Rose Tattoo (as the Spirit of Death) armed with Hitler's suicide pistol

Soljer
Originally posted by xmarksthespot

sad.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Soljer
sad. shifty.

SpunkySmurph
What do you have against Strange? sad

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
What do you have against Strange? sad Nothing... but the idea just came to me and I had to run with it...

Anyway... Who wins? Discuss!

xmeat
illuminati

xmarksthespot
Okay...

Now... someone who's opinion actually matters.

Brian Oswald
The Authority seems pretty unstoppable, based on reading their profiles

SpunkySmurph
Okay...

laughing laughing laughing

Oh, and Authority ftw

xmarksthespot
Hmm... would it be better if I replace Quantum with Sparks.

guy222
Standard rules yada yada. No prep. Fight in Mexico City.

The Illuminati
Mister Fantastic
Iron Man
Professor X
Doctor Strange
Namor
Black Bolt
+Black Panther

vs

The Authority
Swift
Jenny Sparks
The Renegade Doctor
The Engineer
Jack Hawksmoor
Apollo
Midnighter

Illuminati ftw

xmarksthespot
Hmm... would it be better if I replace Quantum with Sparks. No, I think you should stick with Quantum.

Brian Oswald
Originally posted by guy222
Illuminati ftw How?

guy222
Originally posted by Brian Oswald
How?

hello any team w/richards will ultimately win don't get me wrong, i dislike ff, but

Brian Oswald
Originally posted by guy222
hello any team w/richards will ultimately win don't get me wrong, i dislike ff, but Um, theres no prep and Reed would die pretty quickly with the big guns on the Authority.

guy222
Originally posted by Brian Oswald
Um, theres no prep and Reed would die pretty quickly with the big guns on the Authority.

i will agree w/that

boriquaking55
I'd go with the authority.

I'd wanna see a fight between the Authority and the Infinity Watch.

Midnighter vs. Gamora would be sweet

draxx_tOfU
authority ftw...

doctor turns the illuminati all into burritos...

engineer vs ironman would be a good fight though...

bigbran
Okay...

Now... someone who's opinion actually matters. laughing laughing laughing

DigiMark007
Jenny and The Doctor are probably too much to handle. They should be able to handle the Illuminati's big guns, as long as they aren't written as jobbers.

Switch out Quantum for Sparks and I'd swing the battle the other way. Strange can probably stalemate the Doctor, and possibly even win sometimes...and at the very least he'd prevent a quick "bones-to-cologne" win for the Authority. It's Jenny over the others that's the deciding factor.

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Jenny and The Doctor are probably too much to handle. They should be able to handle the Illuminati's big guns, as long as they aren't written as jobbers.

Switch out Quantum for Sparks and I'd swing the battle the other way. Strange can probably stalemate the Doctor, and possibly even win sometimes...and at the very least he'd prevent a quick "bones-to-cologne" win for the Authority. It's Jenny over the others that's the deciding factor.

Strange is out of the battle really... he's busy getting shot with Hitler's suicide gun

DigiMark007
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Strange is out of the battle really... he's busy getting shot with Hitler's suicide gun

Oh. Ok. confused

Still Authority then....but my assessment stands. And I really don't have a power level for Rose, so she's kind of a wild card. But Jenny/Big D are all they really need, and the rest can just fill space to let the big guns do their work.

SpunkySmurph
Oh. Ok. confused

Still Authority then....but my assessment stands. And I really don't have a power level for Rose, so she's kind of a wild card. But Jenny/Big D are all they really need, and the rest can just fill space to let the big guns do their work.

Well, it happened in the comics. Strange got shot. Supposedly that gun carries 'too much of an evil aura' for Doc Strange to battle... not that that makes sense. Due to Stranges track record with beings like Mephisto and such. confused

DigiMark007
Oh...ok....I didn't get the reference. lol

Utrigita
Have read there the abilities of the authority I go with the illuminatri for several reasons, havn't seen anyone of them capable of resisting the power of Professors X telepathic powers. How many do you think will be standing after a little shout from black bolt???, and Strange I think can take the doctor on, how longe are there from mexico city to the ocean, because then namor would possible be capable of stilmating the superman guy (his name gone). Ironman is also a force to be reckon with, and i think the rest of the team will give reed richards the time he needs to analyse the powers of the authority so illuminatri wins smile

juggernaut66666
Authority FTW.

Utrigita
could anyone give a reason why the hole bunch think that Authority would win instead of just saying it. big grin

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by Utrigita
could anyone give a reason why the hole bunch think that Authority would win instead of just saying it. big grin
Authority Respect thread
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/405554_1-the-authority-respect-thread

Utrigita
He greatest problem i can imagine the illuminatri would have was some way of stopping apollo and again not a SINGLE ONE was shown being resistant to mind attack from Professor X

juggernaut66666
He greatest problem i can imagine the illuminatri would have was some way of stopping apollo and again not a SINGLE ONE was shown being resistant to mind attack from Professor X
Doctor just turns Prof-X into a piece of brick.

Utrigita
not if doctor strange covers him

guy222
not if doctor strange covers him

is strange using those silly tricks again meh smile

General Mess

I think Strange has a lot more impressive feats than the Doctor, Although I FAR prefer the Doctor.

Black Bolt vs Apollo would be a cool match (Although Id say Black Bolt has a clear Advantage with the voice ).

Iron man definitely beats the Engineer (Especially now they are basically the same character)

Reed gets owned by Hawksmoore, and Midknighter destroys Black Panther.

But its a bit irrelevant anyway, as Jenny Quantum destroys everyone of the Illuminati with a mere thought.

xmarksthespot
Angie would murderize Tony.

no expression

draxx_tOfU
Have read there the abilities of the authority I go with the illuminatri for several reasons, havn't seen anyone of them capable of resisting the power of Professors X telepathic powers. How many do you think will be standing after a little shout from black bolt???, and Strange I think can take the doctor on, how longe are there from mexico city to the ocean, because then namor would possible be capable of stilmating the superman guy (his name gone). Ironman is also a force to be reckon with, and i think the rest of the team will give reed richards the time he needs to analyse the powers of the authority so illuminatri wins smile

if written right, and with no prep, the doctor could probably solo the team, probably jenny quantum also...

plus the fact that theyre fighting in Mexico city...

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by draxx_tOfU

plus the fact that theyre fighting in Mexico city...

And it gives us nice barefoot joker...and Reed and Panther are dead in mere secondssmile

Utrigita
1: how does mexico city help the Authority.

2. No one will answer my question about professor X being capable of taking control of the minds of the authority is this because you know that they have no defense, and don't give me that doctor again, from what i have read strange is easily capable of stalemating him.

3. And again how many will be standing after Black Bolts scream

xmarksthespot
1: how does mexico city help the Authority. The location affects Hawksmoor's power level.
2. No one will answer my question about professor X being capable of taking control of the minds of the authority is this because you know that they have no defense, and don't give me that doctor again, from what i have read strange is easily capable of stalemating him. The Doctor. Jenny Quantum. Angie can just modify their own radiotelepathy devices to psi-block external psionics. Jack Hawksmoor merged with the city wouldn't be able to be mind controlled.
3. And again how many will be standing after Black Bolts scream Several of them. All of them under Jenny Quantum's protection. Or they temporarilly take refuge in the Carrier. On the flipside Black Bolt would kill half his own team.

Mider999
from what ive read on strange he's a total ex machina, meaning he himself says OH I CANT DO THIS AND THAT, yet he does, like stalemating the IG, in the IG saga he wasnt doing nothing impressive, yet he stalemates the IG later........ok whatever, he himself states i cant stop time or whatever yet one moment later he does, then later he says i remove the ruby of cyttorak then later he has the power to take shuma goraths power...............is this all PIS or just total inconsitancy

spetznaz
Okay...

LOL. That was a good one.

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by Mider999
from what ive read on strange he's a total ex machina, meaning he himself says OH I CANT DO THIS AND THAT, yet he does, like stalemating the IG, in the IG saga he wasnt doing nothing impressive, yet he stalemates the IG later........ok whatever, he himself states i cant stop time or whatever yet one moment later he does, then later he says i remove the ruby of cyttorak then later he has the power to take shuma goraths power...............is this all PIS or just total inconsitancy
Stalemates the IG?What are you talking about? blink

Mider999
he stalemated the IG for a moment not forever dude, it was in infinity watch or something against warlock.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.