Best Basketball Dunker of all time.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
who threw it down the best? I say Dominique Wilkins.

Rogue Jedi
heres some proof:

tzUzAlOnCLE

BobbyD
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi

'Nique.

wuTa
The best dunker ever is Vince Carter.

BobbyD
Originally posted by wuTa
The best dunker ever is Vince Carter.

He was my 2nd choice. I honestly don't think there has ever been a dunker with the combination of finesse, power, and degree of difficulty with which one performed their dunks as Nique.

He did stuff that guys would pull abdominal and/or back muscles on.

wuTa
Originally posted by BobbyD
He was my 2nd choice. I honestly don't think there has ever been a dunker with the combination of finesse, power, and degree of difficulty with which one performed their dunks as Nique.

And Vince Carter has dones things noone has ever seen before, or will be able to replicate. All of Dominiques dunks have been replicated, granted not as good as Wilkins orignal, but you'l never see another player literally dunk over someone that is past 7 feet tall. And those dunks that Carter pulled off when he won the dunk contest were just ridoculous.

DanZeke25
And Vince Carter has dones things noone has ever seen before, or will be able to replicate. All of Dominiques dunks have been replicated, granted not as good as Wilkins orignal, but you'l never see another player literally dunk over someone that is past 7 feet tall. And those dunks that Carter pulled off when he won the dunk contest were just ridoculous.

I would like to see Carter try and do Iggy's off the back of the backboard dunk.

wuTa
Originally posted by DanZeke25
I would like to see Carter try and do Iggy's off the back of the backboard dunk.

Yea, but how many times do you think Iggy practed that dunk. According to Carter, all of his dunks were thought of on the spot, and not practiced.

BobbyD

That's fine. However, I don't think 'Nique was incapable of dunking on a 7 footer if that's what you were saying. And being in Chicago, I've seen Jordan do it to several people. ...ever seen Jordan go over Ewing on a famous baseline dunk that's shown over n' over in countless historical/memory reels? Also, went over then Utah Center Eaton with ease.

wuTa
That's fine. However, I don't think 'Nique was incapable of dunking on a 7 footer if that's what you were saying. And being in Chicago, I've seen Jordan do it to several people. ...ever seen Jordan go over Ewing on a famous baseline dunk that's shown over n' over in countless historical/memory reels? Also, went over then Utah Center Eaton with ease.

Yea, Thats Jordan dunking on those guys, Carter literally jumped over a 7 footer and dunked on him. We're talking about two different things. Nique, and Jordan could dunk on anyone, I'm not arguing that, but they never jumped over a 7 footer to dunk on him.

BobbyD
Yea, Thats Jordan dunking on those guys, Carter literally jumped over a 7 footer and dunked on him. We're talking about two different things. Nique, and Jordan could dunk on anyone, I'm not arguing that, but they never jumped over a 7 footer to dunk on him.

When I see Carter hurdle a 7 foot horse, then I'll take your word for it. wink

And yes, I know the dunk you're referring to, but let's not get away now. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I already voted Vinsanity my 2nd so I'm not that far off if you think he's first.
cool

koolruningz
My top 5 would be

1. Nique - He had it all, power, style and explosion. The coordination and flexibility needed for some of his in game dunks is just crazy.
2. Vince - Probably the most creative contest dunker and that dunk over Weiss was a top three dunk of all time.
3. MJ - Took hangtime to a whole new level and with those huge mitts could do anything once he was in the air.
4. Dr J - The grandfather of the dunk could cram it on anyone.
5. Kobe - Not for his dunk contest attempts but his in game dunks early in his career, hes dunked on some of the best shotblockers of all time.

BobbyD
Originally posted by koolruningz
My top 5 would be

1. Nique - He had it all, power, style and explosion. The coordination and flexibility needed for some of his in game dunks is just crazy.
2. Vince - Probably the most creative contest dunker and that dunk over Weiss was a top three dunk of all time.
3. MJ - Took hangtime to a whole new level and with those huge mitts could do anything once he was in the air.
4. Dr J - The grandfather of the dunk could cram it on anyone.
5. Kobe - Not for his dunk contest attempts but his in game dunks early in his career, hes dunked on some of the best shotblockers of all time.

I agree with your top 3....though this doesn't necessarily mean we're correct as this is entirely subjective. ...though I do think the majority feels the same.

wink

RecSpecs110
Shawn Kemp was a pretty sick dunker.

koolruningz
Kemp was nasty, but that fact that he was 6'10 means he doesnt crack my top 5. Kinda like Amare and D12, they are awesome dunkers but i have more respect for the smaller guys getting up there. Maybe thats not fair but i've always felt that way.

Myth
1. Vince
2. Nique
3. J-Rich

Rogue Jedi

yes. even MJ had trouble just keeping up with him.

RecSpecs110
Originally posted by koolruningz
Kemp was nasty, but that fact that he was 6'10 means he doesnt crack my top 5. Kinda like Amare and D12, they are awesome dunkers but i have more respect for the smaller guys getting up there. Maybe thats not fair but i've always felt that way.

I know, he wouldn't be in my top 5 either. Just saying he was pretty sick. I would also give little guys the edge. Considering that, Nate Robinson is a pretty good dunker himself. (Not nearly top 5 of course)

Rogue Jedi
height is not a factor. little guys dunking doesnt make them better dunkers, just makes them really athletic. it all has to do what they do with the rock. watch the youtube video.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by RecSpecs110
Shawn Kemp was a pretty sick dunker.
goooooooood call. i totally forgot kemp.

guy222
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi

david skywalker thompson

Rogue Jedi
"sky" walker? thats....no, not even close.

Darth Martin
It depends if your talking about in a contest or in a game.

I like koolrunnings top 5.

1. Vince Carter- Whether in a contest or game Vince is the most creative and insane. Some of the things I've seen him do no other can. The man's simply "Half Man, Half Amazing!"

2. Dominique Wilkins- He took great pride in competing in the dunk contest. He's sickening he dunked on Larry Bird. Truly the "Human Highlight Film".

3. Kobe Bryant- Probably the most athletic of the bunch Kobe's in-game dunks have dazzled us. Whether it's him welcoming Dwight Howard to the league or literally flying over Steve Nash he is the "Assassin" my personal favorite to play the game.

4. Michael Jordan- This guy took it to another level with his mid-air acrobatics and gravity-defying dunks

5. Darryl Dawkins- This fool had so many nicknames it wasn't even funny. It was hilarious! This man had the most power when it came to dunking. He's shattered the glass twice and ripped the rim out of the backboard. Ladies and Gentleman, Chocolate Thunder from the "Planet of Lovetron!"

Others noted for recognition!

Dr.J
Elgin Baylor
Shaq
LeBron
David Thompson
J-Rich

GBang
In Order

1) Carter
2) Jordan
3) Nique
4) J-Rich
5) Kobe

I would of love to seen VC, J-Rich, D Mason and Kobe all in a dunk contest together back in 2000-2004. Now that would of been a show down. It would of been
1) VC
2) J-Rich
3) Kobe
4) D Mason

TheHulk
1-VC
2-Nique
3-MJ
4-Doc J
5-J Rich
6-Superman
7-Kobe
8-Nate Robinson(4 speaks for itself)
9-Shawn Kemp
10-Blake Griffin(face it, the man can posterize you to dust)

dynamix
in-game, i say Nique. exhibition...Vinsanity.

but i gotta say, this was a very dope dunk by Kobe!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dic-CL5mF9k

it was a legit wind up reverse dunk. Always thought that was crazy lol

TheHulk
Originally posted by dynamix
in-game, i say Nique. exhibition...Vinsanity.

but i gotta say, this was a very dope dunk by Kobe!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dic-CL5mF9k

it was a legit wind up reverse dunk. Always thought that was crazy lol Yea, Kobe is so flashy and explosive laughing out loud

Based
Vinsanity.

KuRuPT Thanosi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNVYYUywsHE

This doesn't even show his bomb dunks in the dunk contest

AsbestosFlaygon
In-game: Dominique Wilkins, Shaq, Darryl Dawkins.

Dunk contest: Vinsanity, Dr. J, Michael Jordan.

TheTyrant
http://s3.amazonaws.com/br-cdn/temp_images/2013/09/25/vcdunk3.gif

TheHulk
Originally posted by TheTyrant
http://s3.amazonaws.com/br-cdn/temp_images/2013/09/25/vcdunk3.gif Ahhhh...the dunk of death...

dynamix
what yall think of first place??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0pRew4MR6g

TheHulk
Originally posted by dynamix
what yall think of first place??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0pRew4MR6g Lol, love NBA Countdown and sweet christ that is what they/his been doing all this while?

Jmanghan
BOB COUSY 10/10.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
You wank Cousy hard.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.