Superbowl XLI Champion?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

justinday15
Who will be crowned Superbowl XLI Champion? I have to pick the Colts because the Colts offense is about equal to the Bears defense, but the Colts defense is playing a little better than the Bears offense. I've also been a Colts fan since the day I was born and I'm sooooooo happy Peyton finally beat the Pats in the playoffs! (I hate the Patriots) laughing

Salem07
Once again, after going to the game and watching them play...the Colts

Smasandian
Okay man, can you read?

Because I would think that if you can then well, you would notice an NFL thread just below this AND a thread about the Superbowl.

Man, we seriously need an mod.

Lord Evolution
I don't know, this game will be a toss up.

I'm pulling for the Colts though.

forumcrew
Originally posted by Smasandian
Okay man, can you read?

Because I would think that if you can then well, you would notice an NFL thread just below this AND a thread about the Superbowl.

Man, we seriously need an mod.

yea the mass amount of pointless threads gets old, its like the wrestling ones used to be. Also where do all of these people come from? All year we have like 5-10 people who consistantly talk about the season and root for their teams, then some teams win some playoff games and you get 20 new people coming in talking trash... I mean I may not often agree with people like Lord Evolution but I at least respect that he is around for the season and not just becoming a fan at playoff time.

Rogue Jedi
the bandwagon syndrome. i feel ya.

Smasandian
I totally agree.

It's used to be myself, Forum, Bot, Digi, Lord, and Zeke.

Pretty much only to do with our fantasy.

forumcrew
yea its like we need to go to some secret location once the playoffs start lol

Smasandian
Like a no-homer club?

Or let's call it, a no- I cant ****ing read the threads correctly club.

Lord Evolution
laughing

~Pielover~
Originally posted by justinday15
Who will be crowned Superbowl XLI Champion? I have to pick the Colts because the Colts offense is about equal to the Bears defense, but the Colts defense is playing a little better than the Bears offense. I've also been a Colts fan since the day I was born and I'm sooooooo happy Peyton finally beat the Pats in the playoffs! (I hate the Patriots) laughing I ahte both the pats and the colts. There's only one team worth of my appreciation in the NFL, and they sucked so freaking bad this year.

However, the wnner is Da Bears. Chi-town rules.

Smasandian
Why?

~Pielover~
Why? Why the bears, why does Chi-Town rule, or why do I hate both the Colts and the Pats?

The answer to the last is simple: I'm a Steelers fan.

The other two are because I like Chicago, and the sox. That's it.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by ~Pielover~
Why the bears, why does Chi-Town rule, or why do I hate both the Colts and the Pats?

The answer to the last is simple: I'm a Steelers fan.

The other two are because I like Chicago, and the sox. That's it.
no way the bears secondary can handle peyton.

Smasandian
Are you sure about that?

I think the recievers match up pretty well with the CB's, and not having Mike Brown will really hurt them. The Saints were a great team, but in no way come even close in talent for the offensive side as what the Colts have.

Rogue Jedi
the pats had a better secondary than the bears, and look what happened to them.

botankus
Damn, I was just seconds away from starting the "Who will be leading when Prince performs" thread.

Rogue Jedi
laughing out loud

Smasandian
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi

So your saying that the Colts can throw against the bears?

wuTa
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi

No they don't, if anything the Bears and Pats secondary is even, and overall the Bears have a better defense than the Pats.

botankus
I will say one thing about Asanti Samuel. That guy should have been a Pro Bowler, and I would have said the same thing a week ago. Remember when the Pats secondary was dynamite with the likes of Law and Milloy? Well, he was a part of that but he was new to the league but just as good as them. I believe he's a free agent this spring. He should get a high salary as there aren't many CB's who do well in single coverage.

LORDSIDIOUS01
This is going to be one of the best Superbowls in history. I'm not expecting a rout. The Bears could win a close one.

forumcrew
you think the pats will spring for a big contract for samuel? Or will they be cheap asses again and let another big time player go.

BobbyD
Who will be crowned Superbowl XLI Champion? I have to pick the Colts because the Colts offense is about equal to the Bears defense, but the Colts defense is playing a little better than the Bears offense. I've also been a Colts fan since the day I was born and I'm sooooooo happy Peyton finally beat the Pats in the playoffs! (I hate the Patriots) laughing

Being from Chicago, naturally I'm pulling for my Bears.

But, I can't help thinking that this is Manning's year.

TaZ#12
I like the Colts, I think it is Peytons year, and that the Bears with throw too much and the Colts will get interceptions.

justinday15
All the Bears have to do to beat the Colts is run the ball. The Patriots ran the ball alot in the first half and had 85 rushing yards at halftime. They came out in the second half and didn't run it as much and they only ended up with 93 rushing yards. Rex Grossman doesn't have to win the game for the Bears, he just has to not lose they game for them.

Smasandian
All the Bears have to do to beat the Colts is run the ball. The Patriots ran the ball alot in the first half and had 85 rushing yards at halftime. They came out in the second half and didn't run it as much and they only ended up with 93 rushing yards. Rex Grossman doesn't have to win the game for the Bears, he just has to not lose they game for them.

Yah, Yah, Yah, Yah.

We hear this everytime....they should run all the time against the Colts because they let in sooo many runs..

Well, Larry Johnson couldnt run against the Colts in the playoffs, while Lewis couldnt run on them...and well the Pats, they ran on them, did okay, but still didnt beat them, and they had a massive lead to take away the clock.

Please dont tell me that all three teams had bad QB's, so the Colts can put 8 in the box.

The Colts shored up thier run defense enough to be atleast respectful and having Bob Sanders back really helped.

Wouldnt it be real funny if Dungy decided to like bluff their run defense in the whole season and then just suddenly have them play great?

Lord Evolution

Wouldnt it be real funny if Dungy decided to like bluff their run defense in the whole season and then just suddenly have them play great?

Yup that is exactly what he did. That scheming son of a *****, clever is he.

botankus

Ha, that's pretty good. Hey, in this world of the unbelievable, I wouldn't be surprised. I do remember watching Tiki in the first game ripping off 10-yard clips at will against them. But it's a good conspiracy theory.

About Samuel, I do believe he will go. I'm going to go on a limb here but, that's a CB I'd love to have just as much as Champ Bailey. The guy makes plays and breaks up passes, plain and simple. What he showed in the first half against Indy (why they kept throwing on him remains a question) was indicative of what he's been doing a good deal of his whole career. I'd love to see Mike Tomlin pursue this guy. They're already going to have to find some more D-lineman since they'll probably switch to a 4-3, but the secondary has some dead weight in it and things need to happen now.

Smasandian
The Steelers are switcing d? Is that a good thing considering they're completely built for 3-4.

I'm wondering myself if who ever gets the job at dallas, and what they're going to do. It would be neat though, but they would have to get another OLB to replace Ware, you would move at the D-line.

As for my comment, no way in hell Dungy would of done that, but if he did, man, the best coaching job ever. That would totally **** up other teams offense plan.

wuTa
Whoever get the job in Dallas better have alot of patience, between Jerry Jones, and TO, and the scrutiny of playing in Dallas is gonna be quite the handful

Smasandian
Well, I think Jones is getting less crazy.

If he can go with Parcells, anything can happen.

The coach has gotta relize that Jones pays the bills. Simple as that.

botankus
The Steelers are switcing d? Is that a good thing considering they're completely built for 3-4.

90% they'll switch to a 4-3 since Tomlin is one of the guys behind Tampa's Super Bowl winning D. It will hinder Polamalu, who thrives in zone coverage, and will force them to get another DE or either keep Keisel at end and then get a DT. On the plus side, this linebacker shortage wouldn't exist anymore, as Larry Foote will probably go to backup. And this should benefit Pro Bowl NT Casey Hampton. He will face less double teams and his talent should really reach its fullest potential (and he's already a beast now).

Smasandian
Also, even a huge guy like that works wonders for the 4-3.

It will be interesting.

wuTa
Where do you guys think Jake Plummer should go, do you think he'll get a starting gig somwhere?. I think he would be a good fit in Tampa under Gruden. Gruden's system did great when Gannon was behind it, so i figured why wouldn't it do good with Plummer behind it, but the chances of this happening aren't likey if the Bucs re-sign Simms.

Smasandian
Plummer, I dont know, good question.

Oakland? Hahahaha.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.