thinggies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dexx
after watching ep. II one more time i can aome up with soem questions....but i can't remember all of 'em. So i'll post 'em when i can.
1. If the force can so accuratley precise to anakin and obi what was going on in padme's room, how come Dooku is not aware of obi wan's presence, when spying on him.

2. He come the droidekas dont' have the shields on when engaging jedis?

Sabrea
i think i kno the answer to number one...the force isnt as strong with dooku as it is with anakin and obi-wan...but i have no clue what the answer to number two is though, sorry

yerssot
first one: they felt danger, not those couhouns
same as with which Jedi can feel which Jedi discussion a few months ago.

the second one, well, if they had shields, all jedi would be dead, so no Anakin, no Padme, no Star Wars

EU has it this are stronger armored ones, and don't have any room for their shields

Ushgarak
Dooku not as good with the Force as Obi-Wan or Anakin???? I think Obi-Wan could answer that one for us:

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Of course Dooku is better but that isn't much good if he is busy doing other things. Obi-Wan and Anakin were actively concentrating on Padme's room to detect stuff. Dooku didn't even know that Obi-Wan was on the planet; he had no reason to be 'sniffing' around with the Force.

And I am pretty sure the droidekas DID have shields; we have no reason to think they didn't, and even less reason to think if they did that they would have slaughtered all the Jedi if they did.

Dexx
my answer exactly bout the force attuning.
It could be an explanation bout him not reaching with the force to find him. But Obi wan and anakin were in the middle of a discussion when they suddenly turned arround..so we could say that they weren't 100% concentrated on that room.
And bout the droidekas...the reason with them not slaughtering the jedi...i'm sure they didn't have a small chat bout it:
"look...we're gonna be good droidekas and lay off with the shields thinggie...let's give 'em a chance at least."
The jedi would'n have been totally slaughtered...only there would've been more droidekas left after the battle.

yerssot
you can do two things at a time and still be concentrated on one thing

Dexx
ok...so it might be an explanation...that leaves the droidekas

yerssot
ask the SWJC...

Ushgarak
Of course that's the explanation; it's not a matter of Anakin and Obi-Wan being busy talking; the point is that they were actively expending effort in sensing Padme's room; Dooku was doing no such similar thing.

And I still have no reason to think that the droidekas were shieldless. Why do you think there should have been more? You have no idea how many there are or how easily a Jedi can kill one. They don't even have rear facing shields.

Dexx
When the droidekas attack qui gon and obi wan, they have shields...in the geonosis arena, they didn't. A jedi could anyway kill one but at least the droidekas wouldn't haev to worry about the shots being deflected back to them

Ushgarak
How do you KNOW they didn't in the arena?

Dexx
confused ..i saw them, adn they didn't haev the blue shiny thing around them..how more can i explain...

Ushgarak
If the droidekas were moving around a lot the shields would be off- which is to say we have never seen a moving droideka with the shield flare around it. The moment the droidekas in TPM pursue Obi-Wan and QGJ the flare disappears.

We rarely see the flare in any case; check the ones that surround the Queen in TPM.

Basically, there is no difference in shield behaviour with the droidekas in TPM and AOTC so no reason to think they are acting any differently.

Dexx
the droidekas can't have shileds one while moving...right. But they can while they're shooting. So....why didn't they just stand still, shoot while being sfer and let the battle droids do the moving. It would've been a more organised manner of attack.

Ushgarak
Well, I have always said that the 'closure' of the ring in AOTC was the dumbest thing ever.

But the point still is that droidekas from TPM onwards have stood with no apparent shield; I wouldn't read too much into it. We still have no reason to assume any difference.

Dexx
course..shields, no shields..doesn't matter to the republic attack gunship

Ushgarak
Or even to fighters from a pacifist race. Rather overrated, those shields...

Dexx
but..good enopugh for their own deflected shots

Captain REX
The droidekas had shields in Obi-Wan's hologram message to Anakin, didn't they?

I think the shields are only strong enough to block blaster fire, not laser cannon fire.

Dexx
can't remember bout the holograms...if they did..that means they could...so why didn't they in the arena....they're good against their own blasters...

Ushgarak
Look, they probably DID have them then, just you are being rather literal about only thinking they are on when you can see them. Try not to over-analyze!

Dexx
course you can see them when they're on....they're blue shinny thinggies..

Ushgarak
Sigh... but on the assumption that they do not randomly turn them off and we see them plenty of times WITHOUT the blue shiny thing we can assume that the shields are not always visible! Whether that is deliberate or accidental on the part of ILM, I wouldn't read too much into it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.