Keira....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CaptainJacksLuv
i was on www.news.ninemsn.com.au and i found this article:

Keira Knightley has filed a libel suit over a news story she claims suggested that she has anorexia and is responsible for a girl's death from the disorder.

surfchikpir8fan
What on earth! I read and that's horrible. I am sympathetic for the girl's family but how can they blame it on kiera! She's not anorexic! One of her personal quotes is "The most exercise I get is flicking the remote." Lol, she's ver thin but not anorexic! I think this unfair of the media! "She is of fault because she set a bad example!" AHHHHHHHHH the media drives me crazy sometimes!

T.Maria
omg that is absolutely ridiculous!!!!!

Ive got two friends that are approximately keira's weight, and they eat like pigs! lol

I think it has something to do with your metabolism.
Aswell as this, it has alot to do with your bone structure.

There is nothing wrong with keira.
Sure she is a little on the skinny side, but her bone structure, height and and metabolic rate come into play with all of this...

I have read in interviews that she has stated that her grandma suffered from anorexia, and that it does run in her family, but that is not to say that she does have the disease...

Omg, i cant believe a family would blame her for causing the death of their daughter...

another thing...has anyone seen those 'pro anorexia' websites?!
they absolutely disgust me...why anyone would want to become anorexic by lifestyle choice is beyond me...

Sorry for my rant lol
this is just a sensitive subject as i have struggled with my own weight since i hit teenage-hood.

I fluxuated between 154lbs (thats right...i was over weight at 13) and just under 105lbs at the age of 15.(this was during a time when i kept wanting to lose weight...and it was the stupidest thing i did, considering i am 5"7 (not too sure how tall that is in inches lol).

I am now a healthy weight (not sure what it is in lbs lol) and i dont want to change anything about myself...

I just dont understand why girls feel the need to comply with the amount of stress they are under reguarding weight loss....

it makes me feel incredibly sad sad

CaptainJacksLuv
"Simon Smith, a lawyer with Schillings law firm, said the 21-year-old star's lawsuit was filed against Associated Newspapers, publisher of the Daily Mail, for an article on January 11.

Smith indicated Knightley was unhappy with a link the newspaper made between her and a teenage girl who died of anorexia, an eating disorder in which the victims starve themselves but still think they are overweight.

The article made reference to what it perceived to be Ms Knightley's very slim appearance," Smith said.

It "carried a photograph of Ms Knightley, taken without her consent, whilst wearing a bikini and relaxing on a beach on holiday," Smith said.

"The article then reported the recent, tragic death of a teenage girl who suffered from anorexia and contained an interview with the girl's mother," he said.

"We wish to make clear that Ms Knightley has the deepest sympathy for the girl's family," he added.

"However, Ms Knightley has publicly denied suggestions that she might be anorexic or have a similar eating disorder," Smith said.

On July 4, after her appearance in a revealing gold Gucci dress at the European premiere of Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, Knightley said her family has a history of anorexia but she insisted she did not suffer from the disorder.

In the lawsuit, Smith said, Knightley "will argue that the Mail's article suggests that she has dishonestly sought to mislead the public about whether she has anorexia or similar eating disorder and will show that she does not have anorexia."

He added the suit "further will challenge the suggestion that she is responsible and to blame for the tragic death of the teenage girl by setting a bad example."

The case is expected to go to jury trial at London's High Court either late this year or early next year if it does not settle sooner.

In July last year, Knightley admitted that her grandmother and great-grandmother had both developed anorexia.

But the actress claimed to be surprised when people started inquiring about her own eating habits."

its absolutely ridiculous, its their daughters own fault, shes in her teens and should know its not right to be anorexic, after what theyve "said" about mary-kate, lindsey lohan etc.... and its extremelly unfair, at ur teens, you shouldnt worry about ur weight and looks, you havent started growing, and its her fault for wanting to have her looks, her parents shouldve done something, its unfair that keira is just like that, when i was ten i was skinny as, i ate soooo much, but i never gained anything, now i gain, kinda easy, why put so much pressure over keira, when shes not the cause of it......*soz, im sposed to b in bed, i have no idea what words hagve meaning.......*

Chiki Mina
Why won't they leave Keira alone....the media are just assholes..

T.Maria
i agree chiki.

I would hate to be famous...

SarahB
i wouldnt...well i wud cos ov all the rumours nd ppl tlkin behind ur bac nd the paparazzi nd nt gettin any privacy but yh i wudnt mind being famous lol sorry totally off topicsadsad

carry onsmile

T.Maria
lmao at SarahB

you make me laugh, girl! big grin

either the tabloids pick on u coz ur fat, or too skinny...and there NEVER Seems to be a happy medium sad

Take Kirsty Alley (actress) for example!

She put on loads of weight...and then lost it....and the media critized her for looking 'bad' for both of them!!!!

its riduculous

Chiki Mina
I don't want to be famous. I just want to act. Even though it could lead to "famous"--I said could lol

But I wouldn't care what the media would say. I'll take those damn media news and use it as toilet paper smile

SarahB
Originally posted by T.Maria
lmao at SarahB

you make me laugh, girl! big grin

either the tabloids pick on u coz ur fat, or too skinny...and there NEVER Seems to be a happy medium sad

Take Kirsty Alley (actress) for example!

She put on loads of weight...and then lost it....and the media critized her for looking 'bad' for both of them!!!!

its riduculous

lol thnxwink i like 2 make ppl laughwink anyway...

yh thts just ridiculous!! i mean its like what u see is wat u get...DEAL WITH IT!!smile i feel sorry 4 her...i wish they will just give up nd accept wat they see lol...if only it were tht simple...lol but yh always somthin to pick on

next it will be oh shes 2 pretty!! confused - lol the way things r goin now confused

SarahB
Originally posted by Chiki Mina
I don't want to be famous. I just want to act. Even though it could lead to "famous"--I said could lol

But I wouldn't care what the media would say. I'll take those damn media news and use it as toilet paper smile

big grin laughing lol!

T.Maria
i like how they have taken all of their skinny models off the catwalks in Milan...that shows a good sign!!!

but i mean...ok, look at vanessa paradis.

shes about the same size as keira, i rekon.
They look about the same, anyway...

but does SHE get shouted down about her weight??

NO!

And why not???

Because she is not a young woman in the media all the time, thats why!

...the media seem to think that any beautiful woman within the range of 19-27 has got anorexia or some other problem...

gah! ... tabloids...nothing but spazdicated-nipple-bashers!!!!!

Chiki Mina
That's the challenge that some actors know that it will come in their way: the media.

I know it. I havent studied this in school or at my university but I know what I'm talking about. I have been "studying' at my own home since I was 5--hollywood that is.

SarahB
mmmmmmm yh its like the younger u r the more u get tlked bout nd criticized(?) bout the way i look

PirateDiva
I LOVE KEIRA!!!! There is no need to blame her for anything because, yes my sympathys are with the family of the girl who died, but bottom line Keira didnt hold a gun to the girls head and said BE ANOREXIC.....i may sound like a B****H for saying this but the family really needs to face reality and denial and understand that their daughter did this to herself! sad

a-k-a-amber
yeah she just has like high motabolism I have friends like that they eat all the time and never get fat its actually quite annoying but its just the way they are

IheartPocky
That's awful! I would be quite irritated if I was Keira..

a-k-a-amber
yeah me too

Chiki Mina
I would be irritated but the more irritated you get, the more publicity you make. The more they get on you because you get pissed...more pissed, more publicity, more money for the media..

a-k-a-amber
this is true man I wish it wasn't always like that no matter what you do something bad comes out of it, I mean your a guy you hug a friend thats a girl someone gets a picture all of a sudden you have a 'secret affair' must get annoying

Chiki Mina
It is. But what can you do no expression If you make a scene about it "LEAVE ME ALONE" again...more publicity.

You have to know how to handle these kinds of situations. Make a statement that its not true and bla bla.

a-k-a-amber
they should offer classes to the celeb's thats what I plan on being so maybe I should practice now... just in case u know i happen to get famous...

Chiki Mina
i'll be rooting for ye, mate stick out tongue

willofthewisp
It's not people in the media's fault that people are anorexic. It's a psychological disorder, often stemming more from a person's make-up and previously established habits than outside influences. I get so sick of people assuming every single thin actress is anorexic. Keira is not sickly thin. She has a very athletic build, which is sadly how more people would look if they just ate right and exercised. People need to learn about who to really blame in situations like this.

CaptainJacksLuv
exactly, have they ever heard when keira is on the red carpet "i do sit ups occasionally", which obviously means, she excercising....

Chiki Mina
Her abs are awesom.

PirateDiva
Yes because even though Keira is real thin....she doesn't look SICK....if she was anorexic, u'd be able to tell in her face and she'd be weak....and she would not have been able to do those sword fights sequences what so ever!!!!

SarahB
true! very true!!!

Chiki Mina
That is so true, PirateDiva.

She would've been weak and wouldn't be able to do all those kick ass moves she made in AWE.

PirateDiva
Yes.....i know this because i hav a very close cousin of mine who is annorexic....this made me real depressed....and so i researched it to better understand her! I'm no expert....but Keira (although a very Tiny woman) i strongly believe she isn't! I've SEEN HER IN PERSON AND SHE DOESNT NOT LOOK SICK!!!!

T.Maria
but the thing is...

the more keira fights back, the more the media will accuse her of being anorexic (because apparently in the world of show business, the more you deny, the more guilty tyou are...apparently)

Its twisted and cruel, and i feel very sorry for her.

Chiki Mina
The only way is to ignore. Not in a bitchy way because that gives more publicity, againno expression

She could go just go, "Well, I think it's rather offensive to those who are skinny and must fall into the category of anorexic"

Or just say "meh, not true."

if they keep bringing it up just say no or something or ignore.

They get tired, eventually.

PirateDiva
That is true the more u deny it....they'll just say ur in Denial or ur Guilty....Horrible World!!!!

I Blame the Press for all these celeberty couples breaking up!!!

CaptainJacksLuv
exactly, hmmm...ive said that alot in this thread.

Chiki Mina
Its awefull, most women are jelous if her just because she gets to kiss johnny and orlando....uh....GROW UP!

I'm jelous, but I don't hate her. Shoo, the more kissing I see of Jack and Liz the more happier I get lol.

PirateDiva
Uh Huh Me Too big grin!!!

IheartPocky
Keira! hehe

http://www.padawansguide.com/black_invasion_gallery.shtml

Chiki Mina
pocky, there's an error on the link you posted confused

IheartPocky
ah! there fixed it.. it goes to the page now and not just the picture..

IheartPocky
nvm thats not keira lol

http://www.padawansguide.com/decoy_theed_gallery.shtml

there.. thats keira..

Chiki Mina
Wow! Keira looks sooo young.

PirateDiva
I know she a Babe!

Epik
You can't sue for libel if you are a celebrity.

Chiki Mina
I would sue them....they have no right going onto her like that--they are not ****ing doctors..

PirateDiva
Yes Plus dumping this on her....they are only going to Ruin her IMAGE!!! I can see it Now...... Nicole Ricci, Kate Bosworth, Keira Knightly....How Low Can their Weight Go, Before they Break In Half!!!

Keira so doesnt deserve that kind of Nasty Publicity!

CaptainJacksLuv
its like mary-kate olsen, like the band Bowling For Soup, fair enuf, its just to go in with the song, but "how did mary-kate lose all that weight" is in there song "High School Never Ends" But Mary-Kate never said she was anorexic, did she? but they crowded her, the press should just get over themselves, damn papparazi

PirateDiva
^^ Well actually Mary-Kate did admit to anorexia and said she was entering treatment for it! I remember for a period of time Ashley would go places by herself and they would always ask her how her sister was doing in her treatments!?

Chiki Mina
Im so angry at these ass farts. They have no right of blaming on Keira for that girl's death. It's horrible, it's sad! But don't blame it on Keira--she's not even sick!!

PirateDiva
Thats just them in Denial....and wanting to blame someone else cause it's easier and not there daughter, who did that to herself....don t get me wrong i do sympathize for their loss....but if they are gonna blame someone....blame it on someone more realistic like: The Girls Boyfriend who always called her fat and support her not eating....or something...but not someone the girl doesnt even know (maybe just idolizes)

Chiki Mina
I agree. There are guys like that. But it's not Keira's fault. The deceased's mother is being in denial, not Keira.

a-k-a-amber
people just like to make drama its the way of the world

PirateDiva
True Story!

CaptainJacksLuv
well....maybe keira (if theyre giving her a hard time, like she doesnt like it) she can just agree that shes the cause of this teenagers death, who can make up her mind, and that was the way she wanted to be, and the teenagers parents cn just sue her, and she cn giv them money, she has money, lol......i dont know anymore, woke up...again.

PirateDiva
^^ what that would be giving in to STUPIDITY if Keira did that!!! RIDICULOUS doesnt matter if she has MONEY...they r trying to blame her for a death that serious!

CaptainJacksLuv
yeah i no, i just come up with stupid solutions, coz im bored really. but my solution to everything, is that evry1 blows up and dies.

Chiki Mina
I wish for peace smile

PirateDiva
I wish for AWE (the Movie that is...lol)...lol!

Claudia_Black
I don't think shes anorexic, i used to but her abs are pure muscle and if you are anorexic...that's just impossible.
She's just really skinny , and works out a lot.

Chiki Mina
She is just beautiful and they are jelous lol stick out tongue

PirateDiva
YuP YuP YuP and Claudia Black has a really big Point there!

Chiki Mina
Her abs kicks ass!

PirateDiva
Yup YuP YuP!!! big grin

PirateDiva
She has really nice legs too!

Chiki Mina
lol proofs to show how much we love Jack's lover----er I mean Keira big grin

Claudia_Black
Originally posted by Chiki Mina
She is just beautiful and they are jelous lol stick out tongue
LOL I'm kinda jelous of her...but in a good way...she kissed johnny depp and orlando bloom for god's sake! thats awesome! xD

PirateDiva
OMG I Know right!! But she Better be kissing Johnny more in AWE...LOL!!! W0o0o00o0oo!!

Claudia_Black
Lol, at least for us, we can't make out with him sad she is makin our dreams real...well...kinda

PirateDiva
Oh I Make out with Johnny all the Time!!!! big grin He's my Husband hasn't anyone told u...lmao!! Ok so a girl is allowed to dream...right? LOL

Anywhoo the next time i see him....im gonna plant one on him...i dont care if i go to Jail...lol!

Chiki Mina
I have to constantly clean my tv screen from all teh smooches I made everytime I saw johnny embarrasment

PirateDiva
LMAO!!!!!!! laughing Mina u are too Much!!!! ROTFL!!

Chiki Mina
LOL

Today I was looking at Orlando Bloom stuff--oh oh I just found out right now that Penelope Cruz and Orlando Bloom were in a club very close together...girr! lol

PirateDiva
OMG THAT IS SOOOO OLD NEWS!!! I told u about that!! lol! They even asked her about him at the Golden Globes...OoOooOOO!!! Right after he broke up with Kate this News Has Been GoIn Around....he was even Spotted House Shopping in Penelope's Neighborhood!

Chiki Mina
oh man...Im so jelous sad
But I don't hate Penelope.

Claudia_Black
Orlando and Penelope...weird...but I don't hate her big grin

Chiki Mina
No shes spanish! Ole! lol My half of my fam are spaniards.

PirateDiva
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh OmG OmG!!!

Chiki Mina
What what! lol

PirateDiva
Omg Omg Omg!!!

Chiki Mina
*cries* big grin

PirateDiva
Mina u have a camera phone right? i'll so send u a pic of him....better yet I'll call u and u can say HI!! eek! Ya?

Chiki Mina
Omg...lol. My heart wouldn't take it loool.

PirateDiva
Well its gonna have to take it cause I'm calling u regardles!!! And u will Be saying Hello To Gore! big grin

Chiki Mina
*Squee* I can't believe you would do that! OMG!

PirateDiva
MINA I soooo will....he** ya I Will!! OMG I so wish u could be here in the flesh when i meet him though....But I will....I'll share it with Ya!!! I wish i could get all the girls on some sort of 3-way and have everyone to say HI!! *starts thinking of a plan*

IheartPocky
aw thats sweet..

I'm getting excited for yall and im not even the one meeting him! lol eek!

PirateDiva
Yes Im super Nervous!! I cant wait!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.