TOAA & Marvel's Omi-verse

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Who wins

TOAA- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-Above-All

Mider999
why the hell does marvel have the omniverse that means EVERY universe even ours the real one who gave them the rights to use the omniverse

golem370
DC talks about it to.

golem370
The name Omniverse was used for an early-1980's semi-professional comic book fan magazine which explored the ramifications of the DC Comics and Marvel Comics combined Multiverses (see Multiverse (DC Comics), Multiverse (Marvel Comics)).

golem370
They also had to have a explanation on the DC & Marvel having crossovers

Mider999
if they talk about the omniverse they would have to include even this universe the real one, and if only comics then they have to take into account, wildstorm, image, all those other companies cause i know crossgen talks about its own multiverse, TOAA shouldnt have domain over other multiverses IMHO

Mr Master
Originally posted by Mider999
if they talk about the omniverse they would have to include even this universe the real one, and if only comics then they have to take into account, wildstorm, image, all those other companies cause i know crossgen talks about its own multiverse, TOAA shouldnt have domain over other multiverses IMHO

Marvel has it's own Omniverse.

Kutulu
Originally posted by Mr Master
Marvel has it's own Omniverse.

So what would the verse be that includes both Marvel and DC? Megaverse, Polyverse maybe?

Mr Master
Originally posted by Kutulu
So what would the verse be that includes both Marvel and DC? Megaverse, Polyverse maybe?

There is no such thing as a verse that emcompasses both companies.

That's a myth, that Wiki is responsible for.

Galan007
Originally posted by golem370
The name Omniverse was used for an early-1980's semi-professional comic book fan magazine which explored the ramifications of the DC Comics and Marvel Comics combined Multiverses (see Multiverse (DC Comics), Multiverse (Marvel Comics)). Marvel has it's own Omniverse.

So if you are refering to the Omniverse within Marvel, then of course TOAA could destroy/beat everything. He afterall, was responsible for it's creation.

If you are asking if TOAA from Marvel could beat both Marvel and DC, then no he could not.

TOAA has complete control IN MARVEL COMICS. But he would have NO power in DC comics.

Kutulu
There is no such thing as a verse that emcompasses both companies.

That's a myth, that Wiki is responsible for.

Why have it as only a myth though? Our understanding is that there exists multiple planes of reality, both in Marvel and DC, and each of those planes have multiple dimensions.

Logically given there is a universe --> Multiverse --> Omniverse within Marvel, and that there is a Multiverse, possibly Omniverse within DC, the next logical point would be that there would be a 'verse that accompanied all of comicdom. This would include every comic company to ever come out, even the ones that didn't, including all of their divergent timelines and stories which could have been written but never were.

If it weren't, then the crossovers between companies would never have been possible. Of course this would be a subject best left out of comics, maybe only shown in crossovers, but it should exist going by logic.

golem370
TOAA vs Omniverse

Mr Master
Originally posted by Kutulu
Why have it as only a myth though? Our understanding is that there exists multiple planes of reality, both in Marvel and DC, and each of those planes have multiple dimensions.

Logically given there is a universe --> Multiverse --> Omniverse within Marvel, and that there is a Multiverse, possibly Omniverse within DC, the next logical point would be that there would be a 'verse that accompanied all of comicdom. This would include every comic company to ever come out, even the ones that didn't, including all of their divergent timelines and stories which could have been written but never were.

If it weren't, then the crossovers between companies would never have been possible. Of course this would be a subject best left out of comics, maybe only shown in crossovers, but it should exist going by logic.

Logically speaking I agree with you.

You made perfect sense.

Company Cross overs are not Canon though, so the idea of an all encompassing "Verse" that includes all Comic Companies is un-necessary since these Cross overs are inconsequential in the Continuity department.

Galan007
Logically speaking I agree with you.

You made perfect sense.

Company Cross overs are not Canon though, so the idea of an all encompassing "Verse" that includes all Comic Companies is un-necessary since these Cross overs are inconsequential in the Continuity department. But even in crossovers, has there ever been a mention of an Omniverse that encompasses both Marvel and DC?

golem370
I would guess UN is more powerful then Eternity because it has the ability to destroy the Universe. Spectre maybe more powerful then Eternity. It would be close.

Galan007
I would guess UN is more powerful then Eternity because it has the ability to destroy the Universe. Spectre maybe more powerful then Eternity. It would be close. Destroying a singular universe in nothing to the UN.

Especially when you consider what Reed Richards has done with it. wink

Mr Master
Originally posted by Galan007
But even in crossovers, has there ever been a mention of an Omniverse that encompasses both Marvel and DC?

Not at all.

Galan007
Not at all. I didn't think so.

The definition most people know for an Omniverse encompassing both companies, seems to be a completely fabricated ruse on Wiki's part.

Mr Master
Originally posted by Galan007
I didn't think so.

The definition most people know for an Omniverse encompassing both companies, seems to be a completely fabricated ruse on Wiki's part.

Correcto brother Galan.

guy222
I would guess UN is more powerful then Eternity because it has the ability to destroy the Universe. Spectre maybe more powerful then Eternity. It would be close.

spectre may be as powerful as living tribunal

isn't kismet on par with eternity

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.