Oscar Nominations for DMC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

calypso
Looks like our favorite pirates got shut out of the oscar nominations except for the following: Achievment in Art Direction, Achievement in Sound Editing, Achievment in Sound Mixing and Achievement in Visual Effects.

Nothing for our beloved Pirate Johnny Depp or the movie. Dreamgirls got nominated for costume of all things, but DMC did not. Go figure.

Hope ya'll have a better day than mine has started.

willofthewisp
That's okay. Quite a few great movies don't get nominated for the "big awards" like acting and picture and direction. Let's be proud of those who are nominated.

calypso
You are totally correct. I really did not expect it to get too many nominations since it made so much money at the box office. I am thankful that it was recognized for the few catgories that it received nominations.

Next year will be Johnny Depp's year. AWE and Sweeny Todd.

lovethemtigers
oh well..this was to expected since he didn't win the globe.....one day Johnny has got to be recognized for his great acting ability from an oscar....but if not...oh well...i'm sure he won't lose any sleep over it.

Also, the critics were hard on DMC...so it was to expected. Also, many times the winners of these awards....I've never really cared much for the movies. and thought that movies critics tear up are the ones I seem to like...go figure...

T.Maria
you know what strikes me about johnny depp?

Hes always been sort of an 'outcast' when it came to hollywood...because of his past reputations he used to be a 'no go' area...
The way i see it, johnny probably acknowledges these awards ceremonies, but at the end of the day they have never effected him before so why start now? smile

Hes too humble for all that, i think he prefers to do the work because he wants to do it, rather than take on a role in a film that he doesnt enjoy, but it gets nominated ...smile

He doesnt strike me as the type that thinks of the money or the popularity that a film will bring him...

and that is one of him most endearing qualities big grin

katelovespirate
well, and to be honest, the oscars only honor films that are emotionally draining and full of sex and domestic violence.

pirates is a film that is pure escape. i was shocked johnny got nominated the first time around, not because he wasnt amazing, but because he didnt spend half the film weeping or beating his children or taking over an african country. wink

T.Maria
Originally posted by katelovespirate
well, and to be honest, the oscars only honor films that are emotionally draining and full of sex and domestic violence.

pirates is a film that is pure escape. i was shocked johnny got nominated the first time around, not because he wasnt amazing, but because he didnt spend half the film weeping or beating his children or taking over an african country. wink

you guys have totally different awards compared to what we have over here!!

Ours are nothing glamourous in the slightest lol.

the best one we have is the british comedy awards (because we do love our comedy!! big grin) ...and i think johnny presented an award for that one year because he likes british comedy....which i felt rather priviledged about because us Brits pride ourselves on our comedy lol

IheartPocky
Originally posted by katelovespirate

That is so true. no expression

PirateDiva
Ya well We should be proud of the Nominations they did get!! 4 oscar nominations not half bad...of course doesnt regonize any of the brilliant actors...but at least they reconized the movie which is way better then not nothing at all!! right? smile

surfchikpir8fan
Oscars are a fantastic to award peoples hard work and praise them, but when it comes to the end of the day I agree, it's how much you enjoyed being part of a film, enjoyed making it and the adventure of it! Oh and what the people who watched thought, if they liked it, I think that might be what makes entertainment industry people happy. The applause I suppose.

I know that's how I feel when we get laughs, or cries and big applauses in productions ... especially laughs at our lines and claps for a character at the finale!!! It makes you so happy!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.