Life Is Too Precious

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Urizen
Call this a mopey, crybaby, sentimental morality thread but somewhere, deep down, I bet most of you have thought or felt this way before.....

I have surrendered my tendency to attack, insult, or offend a person's pride, being, and identity. I have surrendered the state of anger, I have surrendered the state of criticism, judgement, and bias. I have surrendered holding grudges or aiming to make anyone feel any sort of pain for whatever reason.

Or at least I am trying too...

I often get angry or frustrated with loved ones.... my mother, my father, my brothers, my sister, my grandmother, my freinds, even my dog....but I remember...they will not be here forever. Neither will I.

Someone I love may die tomorrow, or some time when I least expect.....what would have been the last thing I said or done to them before that ? How would I want them to remember me ? Would I want them to have any doubts that I wholeheartedly love them?

What about my enemies ? Even if I do not genuinely care for thier life or being, what would happen to someone who loved them had they known I attacked thier beloved ? IF someone attacks my mother or other loved one, it would hurt me as well, and it would hurt me deeply.

Why would I want to put an innocent person through that kind of pain by attacking or hurting thier loved one ?

I am done in my participation of causing pain on anyone, at the same time I am done dwelling on pain others have caused me.

I do not have all eternity to waste. Every moment of Life is precious, and I will not waste another moment in needless conflict. Not another fkn second...

Or at least I will do my best to avoid such a waste...

You do not have your loved ones forever..you do not have your identity forever..you do not have your life forever...

Why not make each moment count ? Why not enjoy every single moment of life in some way, shape, or form ?

I think we all ignore what we know....one day someone you love will die before you do....whether it be your parents, your grandparents, a sibling, a freind, a lover, or even your own child...someone you love will die before you will

OR

You will die before someone you Love will

It's a tragedy that will have to be faced one day by US ALL

So I am deciding that I will treat my loved ones with absolute respect, because I WILL NEVER GET THOSE MOMENTS BACK !

And likewise, I decided every other person deserves, if not outright respect, at least a chance at it.

What say you ?

Can any of you let go of your conflicts and embrace everyone and everything for what it is ?

Symmetric Chaos
My bitterness and dissilusionment are defense mechanisms . . . they make me happy.

I'd rather not face up to reality because, in a nutshell, reality sucks.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
Call this a mopey, crybaby, sentimental morality thread but somewhere, deep down, I bet most of you have thought or felt this way before.....

I have surrendered my tendency to attack, insult, or offend a person's pride, being, and identity. I have surrendered the state of anger, I have surrendered the state of criticism, judgement, and bias. I have surrendered holding grudges or aiming to make anyone feel any sort of pain for whatever reason.

I often get angry or frustrated with loved ones.... my mother, my father, my brothers, my sister, my grandmother, my freinds, even my dog....but I remember...they will not be here forever. Neither will I.

Someone I love may die tomorrow, or some time when I least expect.....what would have been the last thing I said or done to them before that ? How would I want them to remember me ? Would I want them to have any doubts that I wholeheartedly love them?

What about my enemies ? Even if I do not genuinely care for thier life or being, what would happen to someone who loved them had they known I attacked thier beloved ? IF someone attacks my mother or other loved one, it would hurt me as well, and it would hurt me deeply.

Why would I want to put an innocent person through that kind of pain by attacking or hurting thier loved one ?

I am done in my participation of causing pain on anyone, at the same time I am done dwelling on pain others have caused me.

I do not have all eternity to waste. Every moment of Life is precious, and I will not waste another moment in needless conflict. Not another fkn second...

You do not have your loved ones forever..you do not have your identity forever..you do not have your life forever...

Why not make each moment count ? Why not enjoy every single moment of life in some way, shape, or form ?

I think we all ignore what we know....one day someone you love will die before you do....whether it be your parents, your grandparents, a sibling, a freind, a lover, or even your own child...someone you love will die before you will

OR

So I am deciding that I will treat my loved ones with absolute respect, because I WILL NEVER GET THOSE MOMENTS BACK !

And likewise, I decided every other person deserves, if not outright respect, at least a chance at it.

What say you ?

Can any of you let go of your conflicts and embrace everyone and everything for what it is ?

sleep

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
sleep

That's how I get when I used to read the Bible laughing

Storm

Thundar
I'm going to go on the opposite side of this "Life is too Precious" argument, and say that this limited life is not nearly as precious as many make it out to be.

With all of the war, disease, famine, evil and death that exists within this world, I have to say that I find myself often longing for a life that is perfect in nature, offers unconditional love, and does not possess any painful limitations.

Even with death, war, disease, evil and famine, I still believe that life should be thought of as a gift. Still, I think that one can only be truly content with this gift when they look beyond what they have received, and look more towards what they can give back.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Thundar
I'm going to go on the opposite side of this "Life is too Precious" argument, and say that this limited life is not nearly as precious as many make it out to be.

With all of the war, disease, famine, evil and death that exists within this world, I have to say that I find myself often longing for a life that is perfect in nature, offers unconditional love, and does not possess any painful limitations.

Even with death, war, disease, evil and famine, I still believe that life should be thought of as a gift. Still, I think that one can only be truly content with this gift when they look beyond what they have received, and look more towards what they can give back.

I feel sorry for you. You look at the world and take on all that is bad. You do not do anyone any good to sit there and sulk, and say life is bad. For what it's worth, life is wonderful. This is heaven if you only could see that. The problem is, this life is also hell.

Thundar
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
I feel sorry for you. You look at the world and take on all that is bad. You do not do anyone any good to sit there and sulk, and say life is bad. For what it's worth, life is wonderful. This is heaven if you only could see that. The problem is, this life is also hell.

It is true that this life has many good things in it, however, it has nothing good in it apart from love. And unfortunately, much of the remaing love that it has, is going to be taken away from it very quickly in the coming years.

I truly hope you and others are able to understand that there is something much greater than this life that awaits you. If you don't, this greater thing..which possesses true love, has nothing left to give you.

Shakyamunison
It is true that this life has many good things in it, however, it has nothing good in it apart from love. And unfortunately, much of the remaing love that it has, is going to be taken away from it very quickly in the coming years.

I truly hope you and others are able to understand that there is something much greater than this life that awaits you. If you don't, this greater thing..which possesses true love, has nothing left to give you.

What ever it is that you are talking about coming will never happen. If all you can see that is good is love, then you are missing out on a lot of life. This is life, those who are dead, do not have life.

Lord Urizen

Why not ? The fact that life is limitted is what makes it so precious. If we were all immortal, life would not be precious, because we would have eternity to fix our mistakes and get over past pains

According your religion, God condemns us to these things because Adam and Eve ate from a tree....

War and evil are a result of the fact that people do not see thier life, or anyone else's life as precious, or of any value.

Do not fall under thier same mentality, because you will only contribute to the evil that way.

Looking more towards what you can give back is a method of recognizing how precious life, and every single living thing is.

The Black Ghost

OR

What say you ?

Fundamentally I think everyone just wants it to be this simple inside and not have the rush around and off-track minds that we do now in society. Today we have a super-ordered, scheduled lifestyle that is constantly demanding from us and taking away from what is really important and what we really want in life. We have such an advanced culture both in government, technology, and order, that we often miss what is real like just living, and love -in my mind the two most important things for a person.

Back many many thousands of years ago we didnt have what we do today and it was all much more basic, but in some a shorter lifespan wouldnt have been a bad tradeoff for just being able to life all that time in a good, rewarding life -even if the reward is just getting food. THats why a lot of times poor people in poor nations often are happier with life even if not with how things work out for them.

We all need to unanimously get this mass-society thing out of our heads and focus on the smaller picture, what is truly important. We also need to be able to see other people's points of view and how they are different and how they came to think the way they do, because others look at us the same way, and unless we can see past our differences, we will never be happy or peaceful. Each person counts for learning to live this way, but to get the whole world to understand it... something much, much bigger will have to be the catalyst.

debbiejo
Treat every minute like a grand party...Enjoy it and all its surroundings because soon that minute will be forever lost and what are you stuck with? Words like "What if."

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by debbiejo
Treat every minute like a grand party...Enjoy it and all its surroundings because soon that minute will be forever lost and what are you stuck with? Words like "What if."

Very deep. And a great philisophical perspective (although one can always ask "what if"wink.

The Black Ghost
I say ignore time, because the more you think about it, the more you realize you are losing it. Time is only in our heads.

~Forever*Alone~
to avoid the pain of being lost or losing a loved one i have decided not to be loved or to love.

im not worth it.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by ~Forever*Alone~
to avoid the pain of being lost or losing a loved one i have decided not to be loved or to love.

im not worth it.

It is better to have loved and lost then to never have loved at all. Those are true words.

debbiejo
Very much true, otherwise you're no better than a chair. I don't believe chairs quite enjoy their lives, actually they don't even have one........Just like a person that runs away from feelings. You have to accept the good with the bad. If there was no bad then the good wouldn't be as wonderful as it is because there would be nothing to compare it with.

Storm
It is better to have loved and lost then to never have loved at all. Those are true words.
It is neither better nor worse, both hurt.

Symmetric Chaos

What pain can come from that which has never touched you?

The loss of a loved one is a horrible event it can't be compared to not wanting love.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Storm

It is not hurt that is the point of the saying, it is love. Love is greater then hurt.

Lord Urizen

I disagree

I had a heartbreak that lasted two years.....i felt like I was in a self-initiating Hell....

Would I still want to fall in Love again, and risk feeling that pain all over ?

Yes, you better beleive it !

I think the High that comes off from Love is worth any pain it accompanies or results in.

Originally posted by ~Forever Alone~

You do not have that choice.....

-You cannot choose who you fall in Love with, or not to fall in love, it will happen on its OWN, WITHOUT YOUR PERMISSION. That is how it always happens.

-You cannot choose who Loves you.....a person will love or not love you, on thier own terms, with or without your permission.....

Originally posted by ~Fovever Alone~
im not worth it.

You are probably the most self destructive person on KMC

sad

Storm
I disagree

I had a heartbreak that lasted two years.....i felt like I was in a self-initiating Hell....

Would I still want to fall in Love again, and risk feeling that pain all over ?

Yes, you better beleive it !

I think the High that comes off from Love is worth any pain it accompanies or results in.

How does that contradict what I stated? Having loved and lost, and never having loved at all both hurt, and neither is better or worse than the other.

Mindship

Both hurt, yes. But a broken heart heals. Time heals all wounds...save one: lonliness. That's the only pain which gets worse with time.

The Black Ghost
Live is for living, attempting to avoid it is like trying to run from the rain.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by The Black Ghost
Live is for living, attempting to avoid it is like trying to run from the rain.

Isn't avoiding life suicide?

Atlantis001

~Forever*Alone~
I disagree

You are probably the most self destructive person on KMC

sad

perhaps i am just the most logical.

Lord Urizen
perhaps i am just the most logical.

No

A logical person would not aim to destroy their own happiness...sorry my freind, but you need help.

Lord Urizen
How does that contradict what I stated? Having loved and lost, and never having loved at all both hurt, and neither is better or worse than the other.

Loneliness is worse than Heartbreak.

You get over Heartbreak....you heal and learn from it. You don't learn anything from Loneliness, you don't grow from it, you get weaker and weaker with it.

If you never knew what it was like to Love, know love, have love, and even lose love, you suffer far longer and deeper than the pain you have when you lose love.

Like I already said, I felt a horrid heartbreak...a heartbreak so horribly, I wanted to die....

I still prefer that to a state of constant loneliness, however....that intense pain I felt was better compared to the prolonged emptiness accompanied by a constant lack of love.

~Forever*Alone~
Loneliness is worse than Heartbreak.

You get over Heartbreak....you heal and learn from it. You don't learn anything from Loneliness, you don't grow from it, you get weaker and weaker with it.

If you never knew what it was like to Love, know love, have love, and even lose love, you suffer far longer and deeper than the pain you have when you lose love.

Like I already said, I felt a horrid heartbreak...a heartbreak so horribly, I wanted to die....

I still prefer that to a state of constant loneliness, however....that intense pain I felt was better compared to the prolonged emptiness accompanied by a constant lack of love.

maybe, i should try...

LordFear

I welcome death in a way, it is a release from the tortures of living

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by LordFear
I welcome death in a way, it is a release from the tortures of living

But adds the tortures of dying.

LordFear
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
But adds the tortures of dying.

Depends upon the method of death. I would prefer a quick and painless one or perhaps one where it is not seen coming

Lord Urizen
maybe, i should try...

I beleive the pain you endure throughout your life, this same pain you are allowing yourself to drown is, is FAR worse than my previous heartbreak

My previous heartbreak began 2004 and did not end until late 2006....I was in Hell, I wanted to die, I felt no more reason to exist....

I'm over it now...way over it....my pain was intense yes....but I learned from it, I am different now. Despite the intensity and irrationality of my pain, it is still better than extreme loneliness (I know what that is like too)

Extreme Loneliness is a FAR FAR emptier feeling.....

Storm
Originally posted by Mindship
Time heals all wounds...
Some people go on for years not understanding how to move on. The answer does not lie in time. It is in our own mind. It is what we do with our lives while time is passing that either helps us, heals us or keeps us stuck.

debbiejo
Time can be a friend, but yes ultimately all healing comes from within ourselves. Changing your perception a bit.

People that never give love a try don't know what they're missing even though it comes with a "risk." Love is something that can be experienced many times over.

Mindship
Some people go on for years not understanding how to move on. The answer does not lie in time. It is in our own mind. It is what we do with our lives while time is passing that either helps us, heals us or keeps us stuck.
Very true. A person can make a mess of, or see a blessing in, any situation. But all things being equal, a broken heart will heal, whereas loneliness worsens with time.

debbiejo
That's when people buy lots of cats.......Cat people.. huh

Lord Urizen
I'm so used to broken hearts, having experienced and caused so many, that I'm pretty much resistant to the depression and angst accompanied by it....

Lord Urizen

I agree with you there.

IT is the individual person who heals in his or her own way. Time is simply an aspect in this...some people keep thier obsessions for life.

guy222

OR

What say you ?

Welcome back smile

I live my life for those who respect and I am worthy for their kindness and friendship. Concept of living and dying. I enjoy. To be happy, is who I am. I know where I am goin when my life ends, and for us all we will be judge by your own maker

Again, welcome back

BigRed
We fall down in life so we can learn to pick ourselves back up.

At least that's what I think and I'm sticking with it.

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by BigRed
We fall down in life so we can learn to pick ourselves back up.

At least that's what I think and I'm sticking with it.

That's great, but there's a major difference between falling down in life, and then taking your life and the life of others for granted.

Every moment is precious, the good moments and the bad. LEt us treasure them instead of disregarding them.

Shakyamunison
That's great, but there's a major difference between falling down in life, and then taking your life and the life of others for granted.

Every moment is precious, the good moments and the bad. LEt us treasure them instead of disregarding them.

I think some people get into self-pity way too much. When things go bad for me I think about two things; there is always someone else who has had it worse then me, and it has to get better soon because it's always darkest before the dawn.

Lord Urizen
I think some people get into self-pity way too much. When things go bad for me I think about two things; there is always someone else who has had it worse then me, and it has to get better soon because it's always darkest before the dawn.

Self Pity is a waste of time, and usually the people who drown in it most are masochist

Shakyamunison
Self Pity is a waste of time, and usually the people who drown in it most are masochist

However, there are some people who are programmed with self-pity. For example; some forms of Christianity focuses on the suffering side of Christianity. That is a form of religious self-pity.

Lord Urizen
However, there are some people who are programmed with self-pity. For example; some forms of Christianity focuses on the suffering side of Christianity. That is a form of religious self-pity.

If you are talking about Catholicism, then no....Catholics are not programmed to pity themselves, they are programmed to believe that they deserve to suffer...BIG difference.

Shakyamunison

Lord Urizen

Shakyamunison
They both the same crap to me, sorry. lol

Secondly, no.....feeling you "deserve to suffer" is not the same as self pity. When you pity yourself, you feel you are not living the way you should be living, or want to be living. You drown in dispair as to why you are suffering, "why me, why me" etc.

When you feel that you deserve to suffer, yes, it is Self-Loathing, but it's not always self pity. Sometimes, it's masochism, other times it's simply lack of self respect.

The outcome is the same, is it not? Can you tell the difference in the person if you don't know them well? And how would they act differently?

Lord Urizen
The outcome is the same, is it not? Can you tell the difference in the person if you don't know them well? And how would they act differently?

A person in true self pity would cry and be depressed all the time, lack self esteem

A person who feels they deserve to suffer will do things to make themselves suffer, they will inflict further pain upon themself, and do nothing beneficial for one's self.

At least the person in pity will search a means of escape if one is made available

Shakyamunison
A person in true self pity would cry and be depressed all the time, lack self esteem

A person who feels they deserve to suffer will do things to make themselves suffer, they will inflict further pain upon themself, and do nothing beneficial for one's self.

At least the person in pity will search a means of escape if one is made available

There is a rule about Hell; those who are in hell want others to suffer with them. I think the differences above are small; however, they are both a waist of time. So, finding the benefit in a bad time in your life is worth while because "Life is too Precious" to do otherwise.

Lord Urizen
There is a rule about Hell; those who are in hell want others to suffer with them. I think the differences above are small; however, they are both a waist of time. So, finding the benefit in a bad time in your life is worth while because "Life is too Precious" to do otherwise.

Those who are in Hell always want others to be in Hell with them, because they cannot BARE to suffer alone....

Shakyamunison
Those who are in Hell always want others to be in Hell with them, because they cannot BARE to suffer alone....

That is the way it goes a lot of the times. Do you agree?

Lord Urizen
That is the way it goes a lot of the times. Do you agree?

YEs

debbiejo
So we all want to be there together?? blink

*waves good bye..not going*

The Black Ghost
How friendly. What a hot party (get it)..... geek

debbiejo
Not the hell they're talking about. It's the hell that ones life can become...Whlie still living!!

miffed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.