YUUZHAN VONG v THE OLD REPUBLIC JEDI

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Tell me what you guys think.

General G
nuts

VS forum!

Old republic own the yuuzhan

Blue_Hefner
Lol, Anakin, Mace, Yoda, Revan, Plo, Ulic, Nomi, Exar, and Freedon can easily take the YV.

General Kenobl
You know, the Old Republic are all the Jedi before the Empire. So that's like what, hundreds of thousands of Jedi! LOL, the Old Republic wins, though they have a solid number of losses.

jollyjim311
Every Yuzzhan Vong vs. All the Old Republic Jedi? If this is just Yhuzzhan Vong from their invasion during NJO, it's still, what? Billions, Trillions of Vong? Every Vong ever? Vong win easily.

General Kenobl
Jim, this is technically ever Jedi in existence before the Clone Wars? That's like what, 100,000 Jedi at the very least. I say that 100,000+++ Jedi could literally kill anything.

jollyjim311
Probably around a few million Jedi (most likely not over 1 million). Even if there were only a few billion Vong (assuming it's only the ones that attacked during the NJO), then the Vong would still outnumber the Jedi thousands to one. With those odds, the only luck the Jedi would have would to use some mega combined force attack... but, these are Vong, so, I don't see that happening.

Vong win everytime.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Vong win. They gave New jedi Order a fight.

General G
Originally posted by jollyjim311
Probably around a few million Jedi (most likely not over 1 million). Even if there were only a few billion Vong (assuming it's only the ones that attacked during the NJO), then the Vong would still outnumber the Jedi thousands to one. With those odds, the only luck the Jedi would have would to use some mega combined force attack... but, these are Vong, so, I don't see that happening.

Vong win everytime.

Oh, but as queeq oh so nicely pointed out to me (i still kind of don't agree), it doesn't matter how many there are, if they have skill, they can still win...

jollyjim311
They're out numbered millions to one. When the Jedi were outnumbered a few hundred to one on Geonosis, what happened? And these are no battle droids, Vong are immune to force powers, bread to be warriors, and mostly immune to lightsabers, basically they're born Jedi killers. Without Slayers and individuals, the Vong still probably only need one forty thousandth of their troops for this to still be extreme over kill.

Before I need to edit this for clarification: I made these figures based on the assumptions that there are:
* 1 million Jedi (There were about 10,000 in the order during Episode 1, but in their History, there have been a lot of low points, so, one million seemed okay and was an easy number to work with).
* 1 trillion Vong (about the population of Coruscant, so, this number is way too low, but, I used it anyway. Also, the war killed 365 trillion.)
* This is direct Ground combat

General Kenobl
Couldn't the Jedi do thousands of Walls of Lights??

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by General Kenobl

Most likely not.

jollyjim311

Which would do what to a Vong?

Vongs are simply dominant here.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Vong win.

LORDSIDIOUS01
VONG VONG VONG

Tangible God
Yeah yeah. Vong pwn.

((The_Anomaly))
Were talking the entirety of the Vong armies vs. the 10 thousand or so PT Jedi? The Jedi lose. And bad.

Tangible God
If that's the case, definitely. But even if it's every Jedi that ever lived in the Republic's 20 000 years of history, they'd still lose.

Nikkolas
Not really. Hell, the PT did very well in The PT vs. The NJO topic. So, if NJO Luke is the New Jedi Order's only real gem, there's no reason at all the PT and the millions of Jedi before them lose.

Vong are overrated. As long as teh jedi are aware of what they're facing and aren't hampered by the Republic, they'll do fine. Hell, the main reason the New Republic sucked so hard against the Vong was BECAUSE the government was a piece of crap and they were ignorant of their foes.

General Kenobl
No these are all the Jedi that has ever existed before the Empire. That's at the very least, a million Jedi. I think a million Jedi might last a very good (and possibily) win.

((The_Anomaly))
No these are all the Jedi that has ever existed before the Empire. That's at the very least, a million Jedi. I think a million Jedi might last a very good (and possibily) win.

Hummm, I still say the Vong have like an 80-90% chance of winning. Of those million Jedi maybe 10% or less of them are not complete pushover weaklings. Basically that means its armies upon armies of Vong Vs. the very few Jedi who make any kind of difference, because 90% of those million Jedi will just get slaughtered because they suck.

So basically, only a VERY small minority of Jedi are good enough to do anything. So the Jedi still lose, and horribly.

Nikkolas
Who's to say that, given knowledge of their enemies, the average Jedi couldn't take the average Vong warrior?

Darth Sexy
What knowledge? This is a realistic SW forum as ridiculous as that sounds, we have to take into account that the jedi didn't know anything about the Vong. Even if they did, how would that knowledge help them?

Nikkolas
The same way it helped every other Jedi who fought them? What their staffs can do with its ability to be coiled or spit venom or harden intoa rod, the weakness in their armor, etc.

One warrior was a threat at the beginning of the NJO because no one had a clue what they were capable of. Once they figured it out, they were being dropped in droves. At the end, anyway.

Tangible God
Again, this thread isn't very clear.

If this is every Vong without their ships and fighters and worldships, then they're going to win, but barely.

If this is the Vong WITH their ships and fighters etc., then the Vong pwn. Badly.

General Kenobl
I imagined it was all on a planet (like Ruusan, except bigger) which held the millions and millions of Jedi and Vong warriors. And that each of these thousand armies for both sides both one another across this planet. I still don't understand why this thread is still in existence, it's like 10 billion Vong vs. Million+ Jedi, which is waaay above 3 v 3.

Darth_Frobo
realistically the NT was the "golden age of the jedi" which implies they'd probably have the highest population of jedi as they hadnt had war for close to a thousand years, and supposedly they had around ten thousand (or so it was said earlier in this thread) now consider that the jedi order is a couple thousand years old ( I believe around fifteen, though at the moment i seem to have misplaced my source, it's been a long time) so at best we're looking at a hundred fifty thousand jedi (ten thousand jedi for every thousand years) now factor in the fact the jedi order was close to extinction many many times and the overall jedi population is even lower.

However, NJO jedi were much fewer in number and with the exception of Luke quite inferior to their older counterparts and they were more or less able to exterminate the Vong near the end of the war, once they had proper knowledge of their enemy. Factor in the superior numbers and ability of the old republic jedi and they would stand a decent chance in a land engagement agaisnt the vong invasion force from NJO (I am NOT saying they can win, merely that they'll take a lot of vong down with them) However if we're saying all the Jedi that also means all the vong which number in the trillions and therefore outnumber the jedi ridiculously, more so then genosis,and that was only droids, even factoring in the few stand out jedi the sheer numbers are too overwhelming. Now throw in sith and it might be a little more fair...

Admiral Akbar
365 trillion + Vong vs. a few million jedi is unfair and taking into consideration that about only 10% of those jedi could make a difference...I don't see the Jedi emerging victorious.

Tangible God
Originally posted by Darth_Frobo
realistically the NT was the "golden age of the jedi" which implies they'd probably have the highest population of jedi as they hadnt had war for close to a thousand years, and supposedly they had around ten thousand (or so it was said earlier in this thread) now consider that the jedi order is a couple thousand years old ( I believe around fifteen, though at the moment i seem to have misplaced my source, it's been a long time) so at best we're looking at a hundred fifty thousand jedi (ten thousand jedi for every thousand years) now factor in the fact the jedi order was close to extinction many many times and the overall jedi population is even lower.

However, NJO jedi were much fewer in number and with the exception of Luke quite inferior to their older counterparts and they were more or less able to exterminate the Vong near the end of the war, once they had proper knowledge of their enemy. Factor in the superior numbers and ability of the old republic jedi and they would stand a decent chance in a land engagement agaisnt the vong invasion force from NJO (I am NOT saying they can win, merely that they'll take a lot of vong down with them) However if we're saying all the Jedi that also means all the vong which number in the trillions and therefore outnumber the jedi ridiculously, more so then genosis,and that was only droids, even factoring in the few stand out jedi the sheer numbers are too overwhelming. Now throw in sith and it might be a little more fair... Unless you're suggesting that 100 Jedi knights killed all the Vong single-handedly, you might want to rethink this.

jollyjim311
Originally posted by Admiral Akbar
365 trillion + Vong vs. a few million jedi is unfair and taking into consideration that about only 10% of those jedi could make a difference...I don't see the Jedi emerging victorious.

Haha.

365 trillion? Where's that statistic from? We'll just assume they all fight on a big planet (with "normal" gravity of course). I did calculations based on only 1 trillion Vong and 1 million Jedi and even then they would only need something like one forty thousandth of their troops to have an easy win (25 Vong to 1 Unknowing Jedi).

The Vong really can't lose this.

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by jollyjim311
Haha.

365 trillion? Where's that statistic from? We'll just assume they all fight on a big planet (with "normal" gravity of course). I did calculations based on only 1 trillion Vong and 1 million Jedi and even then they would only need something like one forty thousandth of their troops to have an easy win (25 Vong to 1 Unknowing Jedi).

The Vong really can't lose this.

Well, the NJO books said somewhere high up in the trillions, but don't ask me I was just quoting what someone else mentioned. Regardless what the number is specifically trillions of Vong are still a lot to handle.

Tangible God
The 365 trillion thing is the number dead in the galaxy, (not including the Vong) that were killed in the Vong invasion.

LORDSIDIOUS01
vONG WIN

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
vONG WIN

I believe the Vong win.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Vong

Count Makashi
Vong win, just because of sheer numbers, they have on their side.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.