Distributing internet connection

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lil bitchiness
There are 4 of us using the Internet at our house.

A girl who lives with the 3 of us is taking up all our internet connection because she constantly downloads shite.

The only time we can use internet at a normal speed, is when she is not online!

How do I make sure that the internet connection is evenly distributed between 4 of us?

Please help, or we'e gonna strangle her!

Netlimiters?

Thorinn
Set up time limits. thorinnsrug

lil bitchiness
Which would be EXCELLENT if she kept to them.

Thorinn
I know a guy named BIG SAL, who can take care of her. If you get my drift? 13

Mišt
Unplug her computer evillaugh

Syren
Originally posted by lil bitchiness

A girl who lives with the 3 of us is taking up all our internet connection because she constantly downloads shite.

How do I make sure that the internet connection is evenly distributed between 4 of us?

Kick the b!tch out, I'll move in instead naughty

soin2cal
You couldnt that easily as one of the four is downloading stuff thats interefering. Unless you had them all on separate connections or high speed internet?

LinixCobra
Originally posted by lil bitchiness

Netlimiters?

Allow her to only download stuff when your not on or when you are asleep.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by soin2cal
You couldnt that easily as one of the four is downloading stuff thats interefering. Unless you had them all on separate connections or high speed internet?

Damn. Isnt there something which could limit it or something?
Originally posted by LinixCobra
Allow her to only download stuff when your not on or when you are asleep.
She's an idiot. She does not listen to any of us. I think my other housemate had a go at her last night.

LinixCobra
Its quite simple to be honest. If you have a router.. lets say a Linksys WRT54G which is what I have, then you could easily select her PC and set specific times she is allowed to go on.

If not then last resort is to talk to her and come to an agreement because the real problem is not that she hogs the bandwidth but that she doesnt care/listen.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by LinixCobra
Its quite simple to be honest. If you have a router.. lets say a Linksys WRT54G which is what I have, then you could easily select her PC and set specific times she is allowed to go on.

If not then last resort is to talk to her and come to an agreement because the real problem is not that she hogs the bandwidth but that she doesnt care/listen.

You are a genius!!

How do i get into a router?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.