How to IGNORE Trolls, Socks and the like in Threads! Never read what they post again!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mr Master
Ey there friends and foes,

A really cool feature here at KMC is allowing you to Ignore any annoying or in-appropriate replies posted by members of the forum.

Sometimes you'll report a Troll but this doesn't always work, so you have to sit there and watch someone be a total A-Hole while you're trying to enjoy yourself discussing what you love, like Comics smile

So anyways, let's just get to it, it's quite simple but I'm sure many don't know about it. I've had more than one PM about it so I figured I'd make a thread with this information included.

Just imagine, you and all your Friends can Ignore a person collectively and you'll never have to see the garbage that person is spewing again.

it's glorious!

Ok.

1. At the top of the/your interface (screen) left hand side, beneath KMC Community Forums, where it says "User CP" - click on that ...

2. Middle of your screen, bold blue taps (user control panel tabs) right hand side, you'll see "Edit Ignore List" - click on that

3. Center of your screen, right any screen name you want, and simply press "Update list" (you can add up to THREE Trolls to your Ignore List) youpi

Enjoy yall. cool

Mr Master
If you need any assistance getting this to work,

I'll be more than happy to help you,

just PM me.

SpunkySmurph
Or, you can just click on the name and click "Add to Ignore list".

Just so everybody knows.

But yes, it's certainly the most effective way to ignore socks and such. smile

Martian_mind
I put you on my ignore list.but then i wanted to put someone else on and forgot how but i could no longer read your post.Arrr faith be a cruel mistress

J/K

Mr Master
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Or, you can just click on the name and click "Add to Ignore list".

Just so everybody knows.

But yes, it's certainly the most effective way to ignore socks and such. smile

Thanx SS.

Scoobless
*puts every single member of KMC on ignore list*

"Ahhhh .... peace at last"

stick out tongue

Martian_mind
I couldn't read what scoob posted

stick out tongue

Scoobless
Wonder what he said..... ah well ... who cares.

*continues blissfully enjoying the "silence" on KMC*

Martian_mind
Pardon?

DigiMark007
This is probably useful.

Just be careful not to be jerks to newbs if they don't have a ton of knowledge. We all have to start somewhere.

Irrational fanboys are one thing. But one of my first threads, for example, was Thanos vs. Surfer. If I had made that, say, yesterday....the reception I'd get would probably make me not want to come back to KMC.

long pig
Jesus, that is the most disturbing smilie of them all. youpiyoupiyoupiyoupi

Scoobless
Dammit!

miffed

laughing out loud

Ethereal
Can someone who doesn't have Mr Master on his list, re-post what he wrote?

masterbruce
this is a stupid option, reading something aint gonna hurt you

SpunkySmurph
How did everyone NOT know this?

We've had it as long as I've been here ermm

I have a whole bunch of people on MY list, prior to this thread... I won't tell you who though. evil face

grey fox
...or you know , we could just tear the fanboys to shreds ?

Psyquis52
I just ignored myself. Now I don't know what the @#$% I'm saying.

bigbran
Originally posted by Psyquis52
I just ignored myself. Now I don't know what the @#$% I'm saying. You can do that?

Hey...

Psyquis52
What did he say?

SpunkySmurph

Liar. smile

As if some of us haven't tried that before...

Psyquis52
Liar. smile

As if some of us haven't tried that before...

What? Ignoring me? I'm aware people have tried. big grin

SpunkySmurph
Psyquis52
New Post Today 12:28 AM This person is on your Ignore List. To view this post click

smartass

Psyquis52
laughing

Scoobless

Liar!

sad

leonidas
i'm sure at some point scoobless will chime in on this thread with some inane thought or other . . .

shifty

Yahman returns
Originally posted by masterbruce
this is a stupid option, reading something aint gonna hurt you

Exactly .... I don't think socks are such a bad thing anyway, especially if the sock in question is willing to debate properly. I've been debating with a LOT of you over the last few months, under various names and have caused very little trouble. True I've thrown in the odd insult here and there, but a bit of banter is always a good thing IMO. I know it wont be long before this sock gets banned, (Especially when you have the likes of Beta Ray Howard on here, who ironically is also a sock). But with several different I.P. addresses at my command there is no way you can stop me. All i can say is that i promise not to be as obnoxious as some of my other fellow socks, such as the Judge (Who is not me, but i bet you can guess who he is). Any way Its been good speaking to you in my 'Real form', and I hope to eventually be 'rehabilitated'. smile

Super Guy
So... who was the Judge?

invisiblewoman
a major socker! he has came back probably 30 times or more! you know it is him b/c he always uses the same user name with a different variation. like judge judy, judgedx, judgedx2

Super Guy
Yeah, I know that... but Yahman implied he was someone else perhaps...

invisiblewoman
oh i see embarrasment sorry i thought you genuinely didnt know laughing out loud

Super Guy
How could I not!? The guy was everywhere! sad

invisiblewoman
well i dunno some people ignore him! i try too! laughing out loud but your right there probably arent to many people who dont know of him laughing out loud

Kallark-Kent
Everyone had David_Richards on their list, what a pwning we gave him.

invisiblewoman
Originally posted by Kallark-Kent

yeah he sucked! btw judge is back again! lets see how long this banning takes?

Super Guy
Again!? Who is he now?

invisiblewoman
dogyjudge he is in versus forum esoteric missives thread eek!

By Crom!
Originally posted by Ethereal
Can someone who doesn't have Mr Master on his list, re-post what he wrote?

laughing

Classic

smile

rock

Badabing
Originally posted by Kallark-Kent
The whole forum had him on their ignore lists. laughing The only reason I had him on my ignore list was to shorten the threads which he was spamming up with extremely long posts. I've never had anybody else on my ignore list.

By Crom!
Originally posted by Badabing
The whole forum had him on their ignore lists. laughing The only reason I had him on my ignore list was to shorten the threads which he was spamming up with extremely long posts. I've never had anybody else on my ignore list.

You are a bright guy Bing. Ignore lists are for wussies imo.

smile

Badabing
Originally posted by By Crom!
You are a bright guy Bing. Ignore lists are for wussies imo.

smile
I'm no fan of ignore lists. It's the internet and I see no reason to get so worked up over somebody as to ignore them. Most of the sock/trolls crack me up. David Richards just had the longest posts and it was difficult to read threads after he spammed them up. Here's a link to his posts. http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=7343165&highlight=userid%3A100325#post7343165

By Crom!
I'm no fan of ignore lists. It's the internet and I see no reason to get so worked up over somebody as to ignore them. Most of the sock/trolls crack me up. David Richards just had the longest posts and it was difficult to read threads after he spammed them up. Here's a link to his posts. http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=7343165&highlight=userid%3A100325#post7343165

I never knew David Richards, but I agree with the rest of your post. If people react they are stupid imo.

smile

marvelprince

Tried to ignore youself huh? Well I guess everyone's tried to ignore you at some point. big grin

Alfheim
I never knew David Richards, but I agree with the rest of your post. If people react they are stupid imo.

smile

Yeah your right, but at the same time its not like debates are an issue of life and death, but sometimes people put alot of effort into posts and its really annoying sometimes after doing that people still act like jerks.

Im also aware that in the past have been a bit of a jerk too.

leonidas
i've never got the whole 'socks are evil' thing. i know a, er, pair, of perfectly nice socks. smile

Storm
Originally posted by Superguy
Yeah, I know that... but Yahman implied he was someone else perhaps...
Yahman is mistaking.

By Crom!
Originally posted by Storm
Yahman is mistaking.

? mistaken?

By Crom!
Originally posted by leonidas
i've never got the whole 'socks are evil' thing. i know a, er, pair, of perfectly nice socks. smile

?

shifty

eek!

King Kandy
This sock witch hunt is the stupidest thing about our community.

If you say something similar to a person who was long banned, you're addimatically assumed to be his sock.

By Crom!
Originally posted by King Kandy

If you say something similar to a person who was long banned, you're addimatically assumed to be his sock.

Automatically? yes

However the rest is true!

smile

spidey-dude
soljer on my ignore list. ty for making this thread. its verry helpful

Tha C-Master
I'm no fan of ignore lists. It's the internet and I see no reason to get so worked up over somebody as to ignore them. Most of the sock/trolls crack me up. David Richards just had the longest posts and it was difficult to read threads after he spammed them up. Here's a link to his posts. http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=7343165&highlight=userid%3A100325#post7343165 I see what you mean. Unless it's a psycho ex of course. The thing I find is that most people either read what the person they have on ignore say anyways, and then an argument of "why are you arguing with me I have you on ignore" and " if you have me on ignore why are you arguing with me?" starts up...

:rolleys:

By Crom!
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
:rolleys:

? rolleys roll eyes (sarcastic)

smile

manorastroman
some socks, a pair come to mind, are far more entertaining and valuable than the vast majority of actual members.

Tha C-Master
? rolleys roll eyes (sarcastic)

smile Ah thanks, but it's too late... where did the time go?

Soljer
Originally posted by spidey-dude

love love love

SpunkySmurph

yes I definitley agree with you, Spidey-dude. Soljer's such a troll. I can't stand the guy.

By Crom!
I'm sure this is not the thread Mr Masster had in mind lol laughing

rock

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by King Kandy

Yeah but when people have identical posting habit to a person who was very very bitter when they were kicked off its a fair bet they're a sock.

Where does the term sock come from anyway?

Symmetric Chaos
I'm sure this is not the thread Mr MAster had in mind lol laughing

rock

So is this poetic injustice or irony?

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Yeah but when people have identical posting habit to a person who was very very bitter when they were kicked off its a fair bet they're a sock.

Derived from 'sock puppet'. And the former members (or current, I suppose) are the ventriloquists.

By Crom!

Very few people kicked off forums are bitter I suspect, after all the forums are only "internet" forums, nothing real. It's just an opinion but most people that get kicked off intend to be and expect it.

smile

By Crom!
So is this poetic injustice or irony?

Probably both smile

Ethereal
But the premise of this thread was how to bring up your "ignore" list.

It wasn't needed, everybody knows how to ignore LLB's.

By Crom!
Originally posted by leonidas

Originally posted by manorastroman
some socks, a pair come to mind, are far more entertaining and valuable than the vast majority of actual members.

I wonder if these two intelligent guys are on the same wavelength?

smile Indeed?

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Soljer
love love love I know that feeling all too well. stick out tongue

Badabing
I want the Judge and Diabloman to sock again. They cracked me up. The one person I wish was able to come back to KMC without socking is AJ.

Soljer

smile Indeed?

Mayhaps.

But they aren't the only ones who would agree to such a supposition.

Plenty of socks I know are whir....errr...really good posters.

bigbran
Originally posted by Yahman returns
All i can say is that i promise not to be as obnoxious as some of my other fellow socks, such as the Judge (Who is not me, but i bet you can guess who he is). You son of a b*tch! laughing out loud

Now you have to come back and tell me who he is. laughing out loud

The whole forum had him on their ignore lists. laughing The only reason I had him on my ignore list was to shorten the threads which he was spamming up with extremely long posts. I've never had anybody else on my ignore list. I didn't.

I want the Judge and Diabloman to sock again. They cracked me up. The one person I wish was able to come back to KMC without socking is AJ. Ya right. I want Superchangeling to come back. That guy was the greatest Hulk fan ever!

Badabing
Originally posted by bigbran
I want Superchangeling to come back. That guy was the greatest Hulk fan ever!
Good call! He would have been great on all the Hulk threads. eek! laughing Happy Dance

Soljer
Superchangeling was DevilHulk with poorer grammar.

bigbran
Superchangeling was DevilHulk with poorer grammar. Superchangeling was actually smarter, it seemed...

Soljer
Superchangeling was actually smarter, it seemed...

Do we remember the same super changeling? He made the same ridiculous claims about the Hulk matching Galactus.

He just did it without proper punctuation or spelling. If I recall correctly, anyways.

Soljer
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=414691&highlight=userid%3A97198

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=414469&highlight=forumid%3A77+userid%3A97198

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=414592&highlight=forumid%3A77+userid%3A97198

bigbran
Do we remember the same super changeling? He made the same ridiculous claims about the Hulk matching Galactus.

He just did it without proper punctuation or spelling. If I recall correctly, anyways. Originally posted by Soljer
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=414691&highlight=userid%3A97198

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=414469&highlight=forumid%3A77+userid%3A97198

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=414592&highlight=forumid%3A77+userid%3A97198 Ya, I stand by what I said.

Soljer
Ya, I stand by what I said.

laughing

Martian_mind
Maybe Diabloman is closer than you think shifty

Badabing
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Maybe Diabloman is closer than you think shifty
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/customsig_92501_Vh.jpg
laughing

spidey-dude
I want the Judge and Diabloman to sock again. They cracked me up. The one person I wish was able to come back to KMC without socking is AJ. judge diabloman and AJ are soljers relatives on here ?

SpunkySmurph
judge diabloman and AJ are soljers relatives on here ?

Oh yeah. 'Specially judge.

He was Soljer's best friend. Total ass. yes

Martian_mind
judge diabloman and AJ are soljers relatives on here ?

no expression

I'm debating as to whether i should give him a sympathy smiley......

No dice. no expression

spidey-dude

He was Soljer's best friend. Total ass. yes laughing laughing

Soljer

He was Soljer's best friend. Total ass. yes

Mufassa for the win, bitches!

By Crom!
Mayhaps.

But they aren't the only ones who would agree to such a supposition.

Plenty of socks I know are whir....errr...really good posters.

Indeed smile but then you're another very intelligent poster.

namhaY (<)

smile Indeed?

Hmmm i wonder who they are referring to ?

By Crom!
Originally posted by namhaY (&ltwink
Hmmm i wonder who they are referring to ?

I truly have no idea.

no expression

smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.