Pokemon MMORPG

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Pulse2
Be honest, would you play a Pokemon version of WOW? It would have you as a trainer or breeder or what ever career you choose to go around the world and become the greatest, catching pokemon in different areas of the planet, training you pokemon, having battles against other trainers or having like Ponyta races or what not, using what ever skills your Pokemon have for specific competitions. You carry a backpack and can buy food at nearest towns to maintain your fatigue and win cash from matches you win against other players, they can bet how much they are willing to put on the line before battling you, if they win, they get double the cash they betted and if they loose, they loose thier cash.

The concept sounds pretty cool, plus the fact that to catch the rarest of pokemon such as Lugia, you'll have to perform extreme tasks or get past powerful pokemon at the end of massive and long dungeons. Clans / guilds would be available and you can have team matches, that means more then tag team seen in Pokemon Emerald i think, dunno, haven't played.

So how would that sound? Would you play it, or at least try it out?

I'm highly suprised Nintendo hasn't given us something close to this already.

Barker
Originally posted by Pulse2
The concept sounds pretty cool, except for the fact that I'd be virtually impossible to catch the rarest of pokemon such as Lugia.

Lana
Neat concept, but I wouldn't play it.

Pulse2
Originally posted by Lana
Neat concept, but I wouldn't play it. You wouldn't confused even if you could communicate with your clan or guild or whatnot using the DS as well as plot strategies and check your status with minigames on DS to earn cash to buy food and pokeballs etc smile

InnerRise
I'd give it a try if I ever got into MMORPGs, which I would like to but just haven't yet.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Maestro
It's a good concept, but you would get people abusing it and using cheats, so I'll pass.

trolly_crouchjr
They should remake Pokemon Crystal or something...

InnerRise
Originally posted by trolly_crouchjr
They should remake Pokemon Crystal or something... Umm....where did this statement come from and why?

They are already coming out with new Pokemon games for the DS.

G U I T A R
Sounds like a little kids game is you ask me.

Pulse2
Could be seen that way, might be completely different, of course you can't kill each other, but hey, pokemon fainting is the next best thing smile

Lana
Originally posted by Pulse2
You wouldn't confused even if you could communicate with your clan or guild or whatnot using the DS as well as plot strategies and check your status with minigames on DS to earn cash to buy food and pokeballs etc smile

I don't like MMOs, about the most boring game genre made.

grey fox
There is something like this on the Internet. Only problem is it has a habit of being slow and breaking down due to the stupidly large amount of people whom have joined.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Lana
I don't like MMOs, about the most boring game genre made.
I totally and whole heartedly agree.

IceJaw
Shouldn't this be in the Game Ideas thread? confused

forumcrew
Originally posted by Maestro
It's a good concept, but you would get people abusing it and using cheats, so I'll pass.

there arnt cheats in mmo's

Maestro
Originally posted by forumcrew
there arnt cheats in mmo's

Go play diablo 2.

IceJaw
Originally posted by Maestro
Go play diablo 2.
Eh? confused

trolly_crouchjr
Originally posted by InnerRise
Umm....where did this statement come from and why?

They are already coming out with new Pokemon games for the DS.

anata wa wakarimasu ka..... Why did they remake Pokemon Red and Blue? They are comming out with new pokemon games for DS

InnerRise
Why did they remake Pokemon Red and Blue? They are comming out with new pokemon games for DS Isn't that what I just said. closedeyes

Barker
Why did they remake Pokemon Red and Blue? They are comming out with new pokemon games for DS

They're entirely different games, and happen to be released 2-3 years apart, for different systems.

JKozzy
Originally posted by InnerRise
Isn't that what I just said. closedeyes

anata wa wakarimasu ka..... Not really, at all... if you paid attention, you'd understand that basically, if they can remake Red and blue, why not Sapphire? They are making DS games now and they made DS games when the Red/Blue remakes came out.

Pulse2

InnerRise
Originally posted by JKozzy
Not really, at all... if you paid attention, you'd understand that basically, if they can remake Red and blue, why not Sapphire? They are making DS games now and they made DS games when the Red/Blue remakes came out. Pay Attention. I KNOW THIS. closedeyes

mith fox
i would play if it was 3-d like wow and you actly saw the pokemon before you caught them. I would defently play but i think it should be a free mmorpg.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.