Help me come to a decision...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Puzzle
OK, so I have some money burning a hole in my pocket and there are several things I am wanting to buy, each of them would actually mean waiting until my next paycheck just so I can purchase it. So I have a couple weeks to decide. You, the people of KMC, will help in the decision.

First on the block we have the Visco 32" Widescreen LCD HDTV.

Yeah I shop at Walmart, big whoop, wanna fight about it?
http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/5161/familyguywannafightabou8ac.gif

Anyways, yeah, a new TV would go nicely with my Nintendo Wii and XBox 360. Then again I don't have any other HD viewing needs besides video games, which I don't play too often in the first place. Also I'd be afraid of my niece and nephew messing with it, or someone throwing a Wiimote into the screen.

Next we have the Gold's Gym XRS 20 Bench along with Champion Barbell Economy Olympic 300-lb Weight Set.

This would be perfect for me and my brother to get our asses back into shape. Put it in my room and watch movies or TV while doing some lifting, while the other plays about on the computer. The downside to this is that I have very limited space to dedicate to it. I guess since it comes in 2 pieces it won't be as bad as I think, but even still it will get in the way.

Now we come to the JVC EVERIO GZ-MG21U Hard Disk Drive Camcorder.

I don't have too much use for this other than the fact that I want to record some moments in life that are fun, and just in case I ever catch something amazing on tape that I can throw on YouTube. Plus I can start making amateur movies and test my skills at editing. Something that I've always wanted to do but never had the resources is to be a director. A small dream that may come about depending on how good I am.

Strangelove
Save it. Money is precious. As a college student, I have become well aware of that.

Puzzle
Originally posted by Strangelove
Save it. Money is precious. As a college student, I have become well aware of that.

Save for what? My only monthly bills are rent and car insurance. I have no woman to spend money on...I'm a bachelor with some money to play around with, why not spend it on toys?

AOR
Go with the second one. Only because it's the healthier of the choices and you can always move into a bigger apartment/condo/box. Then you can show us how much you've imporved shifty

no expression I'm not gay

Strangelove
Originally posted by Puzzle
Save for what? My only monthly bills are rent and car insurance. I have no woman to spend money on...I'm a bachelor with some money to play around with, why not spend it on toys? Good point. Go with the camcorder.

And by the by, Wal-Mart is evil.

Scythe
I'm a bachelor

Then work on your guns you swinger you!

Captain Maynard
Camcorder.

Electronics < Fittness

Scythe
Girls don't like Rollie Pollies...

~Pielover~
OK, so I have some money burning a hole in my pocket and there are several things I am wanting to buy, each of them would actually mean waiting until my next paycheck just so I can purchase it. So I have a couple weeks to decide. You, the people of KMC, will help in the decision.

Anyways, yeah, a new TV would go nicely with my Nintendo Wii and XBox 360. Then again I don't have any other HD viewing needs besides video games, which I don't play too often in the first place. Also I'd be afraid of my niece and nephew messing with it, or someone throwing a Wiimote into the screen.

Next we have the Gold's Gym XRS 20 Bench along with Champion Barbell Economy Olympic 300-lb Weight Set.

This would be perfect for me and my brother to get our asses back into shape. Put it in my room and watch movies or TV while doing some lifting, while the other plays about on the computer. The downside to this is that I have very limited space to dedicate to it. I guess since it comes in 2 pieces it won't be as bad as I think, but even still it will get in the way.

I don't have too much use for this other than the fact that I want to record some moments in life that are fun, and just in case I ever catch something amazing on tape that I can throw on YouTube. Plus I can start making amateur movies and test my skills at editing. Something that I've always wanted to do but never had the resources is to be a director. A small dream that may come about depending on how good I am. If buying one, I'd get the workout stuff. Television and video games come and go, but your body will be with you forever.

Leo.M
I'd go for the working out stuff. flex

Mišt

Impediment
Camcorder. yes

Bloigen
Camcorder or Fitness equipment. A camcorder would be useful for one of those "once in a lifetime" things, but with the fitness equipment you could build yourself up and become a hired muscle for the Mafia. srug

Bardock42
Originally posted by Strangelove
Good point. Go with the camcorder.

And by the by, Wal-Mart is evil.

Wal Mart is awesome, not evil. Hater.

Fitness shit stuff.

Rogue Jedi
i love walmart. the only thing better is sams club.

Eclipso

I don't have too much use for this other than the fact that I want to record some moments in life that are fun, and just in case I ever catch something amazing on tape that I can throw on YouTube. Plus I can start making amateur movies and test my skills at editing. Something that I've always wanted to do but never had the resources is to be a director. A small dream that may come about depending on how good I am.

I have no problem with Wal-Mart, go for the TV dude. punk

Syren
Originally posted by Captain Maynard
Camcorder.

Electronics < Fittness

I'd agree with this, personally, but it's Ken's preference that counts. And if the camcorder isn't going to get all that much use, then I'd go with the fitness stuff smile

Scythe
Originally posted by Scythe
Then work on your guns you swinger you!

Strangelove
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
i love walmart. the only thing better is sams club. Evil no expression

Ambience
Save for what? My only monthly bills are rent and car insurance. I have no woman to spend money on...I'm a bachelor with some money to play around with, why not spend it on toys?

...Do you want a woman to spend it on?
eek!

Vinny Valentine
Weight Equipment.

Ambience
Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
Weight Equipment.

InnerRise
Well you basically told us in each description that you don't really need or aren't able to accomodate or don't really want any of those items.

I say save your money until something comes along that you know for sure that you want it 100% and don't feel the need to get stranger's opinion on a message board as to how to spend your money.

If you feel the need for us to decide for you then you really don't have your heart set on any of the items listed and should just wait.

You said yourself that the money is burning a hole in your pocket. That right there says it all. When money is burning a hole in your pocket, you should take it out and put it in the bank and let it cool off.

If I had to choose for you though, I'd say the camcorder just b/c you seemed the most interested in it and the cons weren't as bad if any at all.

For me I'd choose the TV although I don't know if I'd go with that model and size.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Puzzle
Originally posted by Ambience
...Do you want a woman to spend it on?
eek!

You offering? flirt

Originally posted by InnerRise
Well you basically told us in each description that you don't really need or aren't able to accomodate or don't really want any of those items.

I say save your money until something comes along that you know for sure that you want it 100% and don't feel the need to get stranger's opinion on a message board as to how to spend your money.

If you feel the need for us to decide for you then you really don't have your heart set on any of the items listed and should just wait.

You said yourself that the money is burning a hole in your pocket. That right there says it all. When money is burning a hole in your pocket, you should take it out and put it in the bank and let it cool off.

If I had to choose for you though, I'd say the camcorder just b/c you seemed the most interested in it and the cons weren't as bad if any at all.

For me I'd choose the TV although I don't know if I'd go with that model and size.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

I'm not having you guys make the decision for me, it's me just asking opinions then I will make the final decision. And the thing is, I have my heart set on all of these items, but it's hard to decide which to get now and which to put on the back burner for another day.

My brother and I have come to a decision though and we are going to split costs on the weight equipment. Something we can both benefit from.

On another note, my sister is moving away in a month and they aren't taking their TV...so basically I am more than likely getting their 50" HDTV CRT, it's not flat panel, it's pretty damn bulky, but it's HDTV and that's all that matters. I can then save up for an even better flat screen in the far future instead of rushing to get a TV now.

((The_Anomaly))
I say do it!!

And no I didn't read what the choices are. evil face no expression

shifty

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.