Cobra vs Cobra

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AngryManatee
Which is the better automobile?

The Shelby Cobra 427
2400lbs
427cu V8

http://www.dreams-cars.net/images/Galerie/Shelby/Shelby_Cobra_427_1967/Shelby_Cobra_427_1967_01.jpg

or

The Ford Mustang Cobra
3600lbs
330cu V8

http://www.carmemories.com/images/dbimages/1695.jpg

Both cars have modern rubber on the tires.[

Strangelove
Cars are unimportant in life hmm

AngryManatee
Does something have to be important to be fun? Hell no. Some of us have hobbies.

Strangelove
Cars are a ludicrous 'hobby'

AngryManatee
Oh do tell me your magnificent reason why you think this. Please do.

MightyEInherjar
How is it more ludicrous than typing on an internet forum at all hours of the day?

Strangelove
because it's not even a hobby. Painting, writing, collecting: these are hobbies. Paying attention to which new sports car gets the best gas mileage is not a hobby. It is a waste of time.

Soleran
If I had to have it as an original I'll take the Shelby Cobra 427, it set standards for car performance.

Chicks would dig it and its a convertable.

wuTa
Originally posted by Strangelove
because it's not even a hobby. Painting, writing, collecting: these are hobbies. Paying attention to which new sports car gets the best gas mileage is not a hobby. It is a waste of time.

There's more to it than that. People buy run down cars and fix them up as a hobby, or some are talented enough to build a car from scrap parts at a junkyard.

Röland
Originally posted by AngryManatee
Does something have to be important to be fun? Hell no. Some of us have hobbies.

Cars are a ludicrous 'hobby'

Working on your car or adding new things into/onto it in your spare time is considered a hobby... no expression

MightyEInherjar

Then how is it a "ludicrous hobby," if it's not a hobby at all? I don't disagree with you, I'm not big into people going crazy over cars, but I don't see the difference in obsessing over cars and telling a person that their obsession is ludicrous on an online movie forum.

AngryManatee
For me it's fun, it's like a bigger version of a model car, but with moving parts! Not to mention driving them is pure bliss.

Strangelove
Originally posted by wuTa
There's more to it than that. People buy run down cars and fix them up as a hobby, or some are talented enough to build a car from scrap parts at a junkyard. Note how I didn't mention working on cars as a hobby. Because it is. Comparing the gas mileage or arguing over 'which car is more BA' is not a hobby. Unless it's your job to do stuff like that, it's really a waste of time

Strangelove
Originally posted by MightyEInherjar
Then how is it a "ludicrous hobby," if it's not a hobby at all? I don't disagree with you, I'm not big into people going crazy over cars, but I don't see the difference in obsessing over cars and telling a person that their obsession is ludicrous on an online movie forum. It's a ludicrous hobby because it's not a hobby.

AngryManatee
But you said cars are a ludicrous hobby, and you also said they are unimportant. You were never specific.

wuTa
Note how I didn't mention working on cars as a hobby. Because it is. Comparing the gas mileage or arguing over 'which car is more BA' is not a hobby. Unless it's your job to do stuff like that, it's really a waste of time

Thats true, but like you said, collecting is a hobby, and rich people do collect cars, and of as stupid it sounds, some of them collect cars on how "BA" they are.

Strangelove
But you said cars are a ludicrous hobby, and you also said they are unimportant. You were never specific. well then I apologize. Unless it's your job to compare cars or you're about to buy a car, it's a waste of timeOriginally posted by wuTa
Thats true, but like you said, collecting is a hobby, and rich people do collect cars, and of as stupid it sounds, some of them collect cars on how "BA" they are. well those people are called 'eccentric'

AngryManatee
Car's are fascinating pieces of engineering. It's not always about being eccentric.

Soleran
Someone is being an elitist here

Strangelove
Originally posted by Soleran
Someone is being an elitist here is it me? hmm

wuTa
well then I apologize. Unless it's your job to compare cars or you're about to buy a car, it's a waste of time well those people are called 'eccentric'

Thats not the point, the point is its a hobby.

AngryManatee
bumpies

gabrella101
hi everyone

Kongu Dude
I also have a hobbie. 31

gabrella101
and what is that

Kongu Dude
I'm Bicycle riding.

Slay
To you it might be. Who are you to judge them?

Anyway, to the answer the original question: The Ford Mustang Cobra. Just because I'm a Mustang fanboy.

gabrella101
wow nice avatar

Bloigen
Originally posted by gabrella101
hi everyone

herbnone

and what is that

herbnone

wow nice avatar

herbnone

gabrella101
don't be a hater sad

Bloigen
don't be a hater sad

herbnone

gabrella101
What the f**k?

Bloigen
What the f**k?

herbnone

gabrella101
starwars

gabrella101
thats what i thought

Bloigen
herbnone

gabrella101
war

JacopeX
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a269/rawriwilleatyou/cobra.jpg

Is gonna EAAT! you.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.