Ford vs Superformance

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AngryManatee
With the Ford GT out and about for 125,000(if you can get it at that price) why not get something a little more true to the original? A company out in Africa, known as Superformance, makes a replica of the orginal Le Mans winning Ford GT40 (yes, the original 40 inch tall monstrousity). It was designed with help from the original design crew, and the parts are 90% interchangeable with the original car, with the other 10% being modernized brakes, suspension, air conditioning, and other comforts. It even has the Gurney bubble on the driver-side scissor door (Dan Gurney was a tall guy, so they had to put a small bulge in the roof of his GT40 so he could fit in it with his helmet). And you can have it for a total of about $90,000(with the 480 hp Roush 427). Not to mention they are built off an assembly line to aircraft standards precision, so you don't have to worry about it being a fall-apart kitcar. So, which would you go for? The Retro Ford GT, or the near exact (they're actually seeing if it'll be approved for vintage racing) Superformance GT40?

Superformance GT40
480hp Roush 7.0L V8
2400lbs
$90,000

http://www.autoeshuis.nl/spf-gt-ready-to-fly.jpg

Ford GT
550hp Supercharged 5.4L V8
3500lbs
$125,000(usually selling for $250,000)

http://www.sportscarcup.com/cars/ford-gt-front.jpg

AngryManatee
Oh yeah, Dan Gurney was one of the Le Mans winners who drove this amazing vehicle back in the 60's. I didn't mention that in the first post.

Soleran
Superperformance gt40

Less weight for the win.

Barker
yawn

Not worth the money.

Thorinn
If you had the money. no expression

Leo.M
I'm high maintenance, I'd rather get a ferrari. srug

AngryManatee
Originally posted by Leo.M
I'm high maintenance, I'd rather get a ferrari. srug

There's a reason the saying "1-2-3" is associated with the GT40 wink

AngryManatee
bumpies

Barker
Originally posted by Thorinn
If you had the money. no expression
Hmm.. Car I would be afraid to drive, for fear of ruining it and my investment, or a Mountain of Pron..

no expression

AngryManatee
I personally think the GT40 is the better deal seeing as how the thing is near authentic with the original. I just found out that, with the approval of the original designers of the GT40, it's been licensed as a continuation of the original. Noice!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.