The pros and cons of splitting your tongue.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
OK, people. Here it is:

As some you may know, I am kind've a freak. I like tattoos, piercings, heavy metal music, and weird things. I'm the guy who said that just once once before I die, I want to taste human flesh.

I have a 4 gauge barbell in my tongue right now, and I want to go bigger, down to a 2 gauge. Then, eventually, I want to go bigger to 0 gauge, and, finally, to the biggest gauge, a 00. Trouble is, though, with a big tongue stud comes certain drawbacks:

A) The eventual speech problems, a lisp, most commonly, because of the size of the object in your mouth. As most of you know, I stutter (hence my name Impediment) because I was shot in the neck. I don't want another speech impediment on top of the one I have now.

B) Possible dental injuries because you might accidentally bite down onto the barbell, or it may just wear down your teeth.

I have had my tongue pierced since I was 18, and I just recently turned 27 on January 13th. I kinda want to remove my barbell from my mouth because of the reasons I listed, but I also don't want to throw my investment of years and money of stretching my peircing to the size it is now.

I, myself, think that a split tongue looks very cool. Not to mention sexy.

(see photo below)

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c166/Impediment/tongue_split.jpg

I am about 85% sure I want to do this. I just wanted some feedback from you, my peers, to see what y'all think. So, for every pro that I list for splitting my tongue, if you have a con to add, please do so. I want you to be honest, and try to be mature about it.

Let's begin:

PRO: A split tongue looks really cool.

LethalFemme
shockno

Eclipso
What is this? Gross picture weak on KMC?

silver_tears
Originally posted by LethalFemme
shockno

Strangelove
CON: It's stupid

Leo.M
I would NOT get my tongue split. I haven't met one girl that finds split tongues hot. shockno

Impediment
Originally posted by Strangelove

Pro: It would save my teeth from wear and tear.

Barker
No.

Strangelove
Originally posted by Impediment
Pro: It would save my teeth from wear and tear. How? blink

Punkyhermy
ew!!!

no!
no expression
What the f**k?

Scythe
Snake Impediment!

Punkyhermy
Originally posted by Scythe
Snake Impediment!

*shudders*

What the f**k?

Leo.M
CON: It hurts to get it done. If biting your tongue alone hurts, can you imagine just how much more painful it would be to get it split.

Impediment
How? blink

No barbell in your mouth to rub against your teeth, not mention possibly biting down on the hard metal barbell. Sometimes, though its never happened to me, it can also wear away the tender flesh on the roof of your mouth.

Impediment
Originally posted by Leo.M
CON: It hurts to get it done. If biting your tongue alone hurts, can you imagine just how much more painful it would be to get it split.

Pro: Most experienced piercers use anesthetic to deaden your tongue for the procedure, whether it be by scalpel or hot iron.

Strangelove
No barbell in your mouth to rub against your teeth, not mention possibly biting down on the hard metal barbell. Sometimes, though its never happened to me, it can also wear away the tender flesh on the roof of your mouth. Oh, see I was thinking from a sane man's perspective. Where we don't have a barbell in the first place.

Impediment
Oh, see I was thinking from a sane man's perspective. Where we don't have a barbell in the first place.

Oh, you! eyes

Impediment
Here is one method for splitting: The hot iron. It helps to cauterize the flesh faster.

jf36SbCfClg&mode

LethalFemme
I would be waaaaaaaaaay to afriad to let a guy kiss me with one of those.lol

Impediment
I would be waaaaaaaaaay to afriad to let a guy kiss me with one of those.lol

Can you imagine the possibilities for oral pleasure?

LethalFemme

Go on.shockyes

Impediment
Go on.shockyes

Behold:

fRV6n59jKI8

LethalFemme
NVMlol

Scythe
Originally posted by Punkyhermy
*shudders*

Exactly.

Strangelove
There's something inherently not right about that blink

Punkyhermy

i know...

What the f**k?

Leo.M
How long does it take for a recently split tongue to heal? For how long can you not kiss or... do nauthgyt things with it? stick out tongue

Scythe

Impediment
Originally posted by Leo.M
How long does it take for a recently split tongue to heal? For how long can you not kiss or... do nauthgyt things with it? stick out tongue

It takes about as much time for a normal tongue piercing to heal: 7 to 10 days. It really depends on what method is used for the procedure. Hot irons cauterize the wound, whereas a scalpel splitting might take a little bit longer.

So I've been told and read.

Impediment
Pro: I could whistle better.

Scythe
Con: I wanna make leather boots out of you now...

Punkyhermy
Just..why are you even doing this?
What the f**k?
confused

Scythe
You know...

Impediment
Originally posted by Punkyhermy
Just..why are you even doing this?
What the f**k?
confused

Because I'm Impediment. yes

Blaxican
My vote:

DON'T get tge piercing, take your current one OUT, and live the rest of your life as a non-wierd person. big grin

Impediment
Originally posted by Scythe
Con: I wanna make leather boots out of you now...

My skin is too delicate for boots. I'd be better off as a belt or a suit. yes

Originally posted by Blaxican
My vote:

DON'T get tge piercing, take your current one OUT, and live the rest of your life as a non-wierd person. big grin

Why are people with piercings weird? confused

PRO: My woman, BlackSunshine, has no objections.

§uffer§noopy
shockno

Puzzle

PRO: My woman, BlackSunshine, has no objections.

Con: Splitting your tongue will result in a worse speech impediment than just having a large barbell.

Impediment
Originally posted by Puzzle
Con: Splitting your tongue will result in a worse speech impediment than just having a large barbell.

You think?

Puzzle
You think?

After a while you would work past the lisping because you'll have mastered how to speak with the forked tongue, but the same can be said about the large piercing.

Mišt
Do you really want to do that, then have a look at it afterwards and say '**** shouldn't have done that'....cause it wont regrow back...erm

Soleran
If different is your goal and there seem to be no negative side effects do it, get it done.

MightyEInherjar

Actually, the first thing I thought then I saw that was how much it would DOWNGRADE your ability to perform said acts. I mean, I think your tongue would be hitting every place but the right place...

Edit: Although, I'm totally for you getting that done. I've had many piercings in the past, and seeing people take it 'to the next level' is always exciting.

Dusty
Con: What's the point?

Syren
I think it's disgusting, really brings meaning to the term 'self-mutilation'. Piercings, I like, but stuff like scarification and so on makes me question the sanity of the individuals involved. Splitting your tongue would be something you'd have to be 110% certain about because, as Mist said, it will never grow back. It is, of course, entirely up to you.

Bear in mind this is just my personal opinion but that is what you asked for big grin

Bloigen

I lol'd. 13

Rogue Jedi
i'll do it...*pulls out rusty knife*

Blaxican

I was referring to the bar piercing... common, but still wierd.

Slay
Why ask us? You counter every con with a pro, you seem to be sure that you're going to do it anyway.

Syren
I am about 85% sure I want to do this. I just wanted some feedback from you, my peers, to see what y'all think. So, for every pro that I list for splitting my tongue, if you have a con to add, please do so. I want you to be honest, and try to be mature about it.

Let's begin:

PRO: A split tongue looks really cool.

He's doing the pros first and then we're doing the cons... but he is only one man and the cons far outweigh his pros.

Ronny
I have a Pro.. it probably feels good where it counts eek!

Other that that.. cool stick out tongue I wouldnt ever do it, but it looks pretty sweet

DarkC
Originally posted by Ronny
I have a Pro.. it probably feels good where it counts eek!

Other that that.. cool stick out tongue I wouldnt ever do it, but it looks pretty sweet
Girls seem to think that way. stick out tongue

InnerRise
Oh my god no. You'd think after being shot in the neck you wouldn' want anymore unnecessary openings/holes in your body.

No why? Because there's no logical reason to do it. No benefits. Possibly more speech problems.

It looks disgusting and I don't know if you wife/girlfriend/whoever would want to kiss you with it.

It can possibly close and you'd have to do it all over again and go through the pain.

Infection.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Les yeux clos
No...just no. It's hideous.

BlackSunshine
It wouldnt bother me at all if you did it....just dont plan on kissing me or anything with that until it heals or whatever.

I hear that if they use a hot iron the smell is unbearable. I'll be sure and stay home while you're getting that done. stick out tongue wink

Kongu Dude
shockno

Spartan005
Here is one method for splitting: The hot iron. It helps to cauterize the flesh faster.

jf36SbCfClg&mode

I would never ****ing do that. shock

Scythe

I'll be the judge of that Snake-Boy.

Ronny
Originally posted by DarkC
Girls seem to think that way. stick out tongue Girls? Really. I just thought Ronny was a perv erm

Scythe
To each it's own.

Impediment
Originally posted by Slay
Why ask us? You counter every con with a pro, you seem to be sure that you're going to do it anyway.

Because, believe it or not, I respect the opinions of my peers. I want to hear what my online friends have to say about said topic, including yours, sir. wink

Denniz234
Sweet!! I'd never ever have the guts to do that but its looks quality
The only thing is if you get it done you MUST send me a pic!!

Rogue Jedi
seems like the guy will have trouble performing fellatio.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.