Crackdown

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AstroFan
I searched Crackdown and Crack Down and found nothing. lol

The game comes out 2/27, but the demo was released on XBL yesterday. I love this game from the 1 hour(limit) I played, its literally GTA with superpowers, and you play a good guy. lol

But I just went around jumping from roof to roof looking for agility orbs so I could run faster and jump higher. The demo is set to level up faster than the normal game so you experience the higher levels in the limited time. By the time I was done I could jump 20 feet high, starting from 10. lol

BackFire
Crackdown?

Oh, you mean Halo 3 beta key.

InnerRise
Crackdown is actually coming out Feb. 20th.....not 27th.

I'll be getting this game.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Smasandian
Originally posted by BackFire
Crackdown?

Oh, yes, the beta key.

It looks neat, but I heared it was really simplistic. Defenitly a rental for me.

InnerRise
Halo 3 Beta Key?

What's that and what does it have to do with this game?

WrathfulDwarf
Looks interesting...haven't play the demo yet. But it looks like GTA somewhere in the future.

AstroFan
Originally posted by InnerRise
Crackdown is actually coming out Feb. 20th.....not 27th.

I'll be getting this game.

Oh cool, even better. stick out tongue

H. S. 6
Is the 60 minute limit thing permanent? So once it's done, the demo's useless?

AstroFan
No, once its up you can start all over. You just lose whatever added ablities you gained.

You can also play Co-op, but thats only 30 minutes I believe.

H. S. 6
Originally posted by AstroFan
No, once its up you can start all over. You just lose whatever added ablities you gained.

You can also play Co-op, but thats only 30 minutes I believe.

Okay. Sounds fair.

Thanks for the info.

AstroFan
I went to play it this morning, but i decided to delete all my old demos first, and I ended up deleting Crackdown. roll eyes (sarcastic)

General G
Originally posted by InnerRise
Halo 3 Beta Key?

What's that and what does it have to do with this game?

It means if you buy a specially marked version of Crackdown, you are automatically in for the Halo 3 beta testing, you just have to put in the code on Halo 3.com. Means you get to play Halo 3 before everybody else...

This game looks odd, I'm not sure I will get it, even with the beta key...

DanZeke25
This game is nice as hell. I'll wait a little to buy it because I still have all of Saints Row too play, and NBA 2k7, and I want to play Vegas and Gears of War online also.

AstroFan
For anyone unsure, the Halo Beta key isnt in "select" copies of Crackdown, every copy will have the key.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/758/758236p1.html

Skeets
Played the Demo and I love it.
Originally posted by BackFire
Crackdown?

It's actually looking out to be worth the $60,even without the Halo 3 beta invite.

Smasandian
Wasnt really impressed by this game at all.

It's fun for a bit, but I got soo bored about half way through the demo. I know, its an demo but from what I've seen in previews, and the 1up show and how the demo is pretty much what the game is. I'm definitly not buying this.

The only good thing that I liked was the ability to jump rooftops, but after 20 minutes, I was like, meh. Maybe the full game will be different.

AstroFan
Originally posted by Skeets
Played the Demo and I love it.

It's actually looking out to be worth the $60,even without the Halo 3 beta invite.

I replayed it today, and focused on explosions and strenght rather than agility, and both are fun as hell. Nothing like sticking your boot in someones gut and seeing them fly off a roof, and the massive multicar explosions are amazing. stick out tongue

General G
Alright, I bought this game only for the beta invite and now I ended up REALLY liking this game.

I have killed all of the yellow gang members (I forget their gang name) except for their kingpin and I can't find him! he is nowhere, I have looked all over there territory... If someone can help me find him, I would be very grateful smile

Jack of Light
I saw the ad, really looked cool.

What kind of powers do you have, and can you beat up random people?

K73SK
Originally posted by General G
Alright, I bought this game only for the beta invite and now I ended up REALLY liking this game.

I have killed all of the yellow gang members (I forget their gang name) except for their kingpin and I can't find him! he is nowhere, I have looked all over there territory... If someone can help me find him, I would be very grateful smile the los muertos? the leader i BELIEVE, if i remember correctly, is near the lighthouse. find the lighthouse, and the guys island house is near there somewhere. not sure about the exact place though sorry :] i killed him n forgot

Originally posted by Jack of Light

beating up civilians makes u lose ur skill points, but killing gang members raises ur skills. when you hit 4 * skill for the vehicles, your car will automatically turn into a really hardcore car, with machine guns attatched.

General G
Originally posted by K73SK
the los muertos? the leader i BELIEVE, if i remember correctly, is near the lighthouse. find the lighthouse, and the guys island house is near there somewhere. not sure about the exact place though sorry :] i killed him n forgot

Awesome, thanks!

AstroFan
Originally posted by Jack of Light

You are penalized for killing random people, but there are always plenty of gang members around.

Phat J
hows the overall gameplay?

would you trade lost planet in for it?

one more thing, is crackdown 2 player?

InnerRise
Crackdown is a single player game. You can only player with another player online.

I'm not getting this game.

Thought I was.

But I'm not.

H. S. 6
I'm pretty sure you can play with someone else on the same box.

General G
Originally posted by Phat J
hows the overall gameplay?

would you trade lost planet in for it?

one more thing, is crackdown 2 player?

Overall gameplay: A lot better than expected, I actually find this game awesome

I DID trade Lost Planet for it...

Only on xbox live

K73SK
Originally posted by H. S. 6
I'm pretty sure you can play with someone else on the same box.
no, xbox live or system link. i played both ways. i wish same screen though...

TIP TO ALL WHEN LVLING UP CAR SKILLS!!! be CAREFUL when trying to lvl up by running over gang members over n over, although it increases it majorly, the gang will freaking riot, i just figured this out a minute ago. i ran over so many of them, it showed the symbol in the upper right, and their hate was at max, and they literally rioted me to death, im like "ZOMFG!!!" so yeah be careful wink

Phat J
Overall gameplay: A lot better than expected, I actually find this game awesome

I DID trade Lost Planet for it...

Only on xbox live
now why would they do that. who makes a game multiplayer but takes the bets part of multiplayer out of it, sitting beside your friend and kicking his ass.

Smasandian
They do it because I dont think the game would work on splitscreen.

It's probably has to do with the open world of it and not the structured levels that splitscreen offers.

InnerRise
Originally posted by H. S. 6
I'm pretty sure you can play with someone else on the same box. Nope. You can't.

SaTsuJiN
I played the demo.. it was aiight

having anime-superpowers was pretty fun, but the whole game design focuses around trying to rework grand theft auto.. which takes away from the funfactor, IMO

General G
I was playing Crackdown yesterday and I was going after the Sheng(?) gang and I had only killed one of the gang members when my friend came over and wanted to try it, so he went on a massive killing spree killing all the civilians and peace keepers and randomly getting reports on the different gang members. So, when he goes home, I go back on and go to one of the supply points in the area of the last gang, I see multiple places that I could go to kill some gang members, I didn't look at who was who and who was where, I just went to the first one I saw, he just happenned to be in a HUGE building that you have to get all the way up in. It came up with my survival percentage and it came up as 8%!!! I was so worried, I had no idea why it was so low, they have never been below 50. So I proceeded, and I eventually got to the top, with surprisingly little difficulty, although there was a few tough spots. I got to the top and killed the gang member and I finally went to check who was left in that gang and who I just killed, and it turns out....it was the King pin guy!!!!! I started freaking out that I just killed him as my second person!

Thats my story of the day smile

LifeInSepia
i think we all know what crackdown is really for. Halo 3 beta.

General G
Originally, that was the only reason I bought it, then I tried it and I really liked it

K73SK
Originally posted by LifeInSepia
i think we all know what crackdown is really for. Halo 3 beta. which is y i didnt want it. but my friend got the demo n i loved it. so im selling my beta for $15 to my friendstick out tongue

AstroFan
Originally posted by LifeInSepia
i think we all know what crackdown is really for. Halo 3 beta.

Not really.

I fell in love with the demo, thats why I bought it. Ill probably give up on the beta after the first night when some 12 year old wanna be white rapper calls me a ****. Ill wait for the real game when i can play with my friends.

General G
I beat the game! it was really good, I must say.

Now that I beat it, is there any way I can start it over again with the same character? I have all my skills perfect except for my driving and I want to work on that, but I am not that good at races, so I want to run some gang members over, but there are no more...

K73SK
I beat the game! it was really good, I must say.

Now that I beat it, is there any way I can start it over again with the same character? I have all my skills perfect except for my driving and I want to work on that, but I am not that good at races, so I want to run some gang members over, but there are no more... get on live and kill someones bosses or just run a rampage with the civilians lol

Silverstein
I was playing Crackdown yesterday and I was going after the Sheng(?) gang and I had only killed one of the gang members when my friend came over and wanted to try it, so he went on a massive killing spree killing all the civilians and peace keepers and randomly getting reports on the different gang members. So, when he goes home, I go back on and go to one of the supply points in the area of the last gang, I see multiple places that I could go to kill some gang members, I didn't look at who was who and who was where, I just went to the first one I saw, he just happenned to be in a HUGE building that you have to get all the way up in. It came up with my survival percentage and it came up as 8%!!! I was so worried, I had no idea why it was so low, they have never been below 50. So I proceeded, and I eventually got to the top, with surprisingly little difficulty, although there was a few tough spots. I got to the top and killed the gang member and I finally went to check who was left in that gang and who I just killed, and it turns out....it was the King pin guy!!!!! I started freaking out that I just killed him as my second person!

Thats my story of the day smile

yesteday i scaled that building and took down the kingpin hahaha i only took off two of his generals tho, and after he took some grenades i tosses his ass to the ground (shot putter achievement)

InnerRise
An add-on to the game may become available where you're able to fly air vehicles.

Silverstein
yeah i saw that on attack of the show, and something about the aerial vehicles patch and not having to restart your story campaign

Tattoo
CRACKDOWN DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT BEING RELEASED!!! eek! Click for LOTS of information.

General G
Link doesn't work for me! What is it?

Tattoo

Tattoo

Tattoo
New Equipment
zvneJ-LHJpg

Street Racing Modes
DlUv6YSJR60

New Game Types
WHVOLCUYEMY

Keys to the City mode
LdxVmOSlFzg

AstroFan
I downloading the free pack. Keys to the city is pretty cool, mainly for the barrels. stick out tongue

Tattoo
I'm going to be getting the premium pack here in a bit, gotta have the new weapons.

AstroFan
Yeah, Harpoon gun just sounds nice. stick out tongue

Tattoo
Originally posted by AstroFan
Yeah, Harpoon gun just sounds nice. stick out tongue

I wonder how many people you can harpoon onto a car.

General G
Neat.

Rewmac
So if I have gold it's free? big grin I heard there are problems when playing co-op after DLC downloaded....

General G
Since I downloaded it, I have had problems putting playing Crackdown...it comes up with something like: "Please insert this disc into an xbox 360 console" in a lot of languages...It was fine before I downloaded and it can't be the system because it plays other 360 games. I really don't think it is the disk because it has basically nothing on it. After a few times of putting it in, it plays fine though...

Tattoo
Since I downloaded it, I have had problems putting playing Crackdown...it comes up with something like: "Please insert this disc into an xbox 360 console" in a lot of languages...It was fine before I downloaded and it can't be the system because it plays other 360 games. I really don't think it is the disk because it has basically nothing on it. After a few times of putting it in, it plays fine though...

I haven't had that problem. blink

My new favorite weapon is the harpoon gun. eek! I'll take aim at a gang members head when he's standing on one side of the highway and I time it so that when a car is driving behind him I harpoon the ****er onto the moving vehicle and roll on the floor laughing.

Rewmac
Originally posted by Tattoo
I haven't had that problem. blink

My new favorite weapon is the harpoon gun. eek! I'll take aim at a gang members head when he's standing on one side of the highway and I time it so that when a car is driving behind him I harpoon the ****er onto the moving vehicle and roll on the floor laughing. Rocketlauncher dude...You got give a man props for that...Bunch of jump like Neo and play like Rambo stuff big grin

whostheking
Can you reset gangs for free?

Kazenji
Talk about a ****en bump............

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.