616 Wolverine and Ultimate Wolverine, a connection?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

srankmissingnin
616 Wolverine had a flash back to the scene from Ultimate Wolverine vs. Hulk, where he gets ripped in half in issue 50!

... What the heck does that mean? Does Post HoM 616 Wolverine have some sort of physic connection with alternate reality versions of him self since Wanda's meddling?

marvelprince
Hmm. Maybe this is one of their "untold" encountered. IIRC they were hinted to have some off panel fights?

Even better. Does this mean that that feat has ground in the 616 universe now? It does prove that Wolverine's joints aren't bound by adamantium, as opposed to some thinking so, so does this flashback now make that canon?

Jade Lightning
They could just be using the art from that issue instead of directly flashing back to that specific battle.

srankmissingnin
They weren't just re-using panels, the art was new and redrawn by McGuinness for the story.

It wasn't an "Untold" fight between 616 Wolverine and Hulk, as 616 Wolverine has never worn the Ultimate Wolverine uniform (which he points out in the issue). Wolverine is remembering his first fight with the Hulk (which is notably different this time around due to some reconts) and his memory is interupted by one of Ultimate Wolverine getting torn in half... and Wolverine is all "WTF?". Not sure how you came to the conclusion that Wolverine having a possible physic link to the memories of his Ultimate counterpart some how adds up to Ultimate Wolverine getting ripped in half = 616 Wolverine getting ripped in half, though. It still has no grounds in the normal marvel universe.

MightyEInherjar
Any scans?

Lucid Lui
Interesting. Ult. Wolverine is supposed to be getting his own series soon-ish so maybe this'll be one of the things that's addressed.

Any chance of scans... ?

Soljer
Originally posted by MightyEInherjar
Any scans?

srankmissingnin
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/sinister_samurai/Wolverine/Wolverine_050_023.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/sinister_samurai/Wolverine/Wolverine_050_024_025.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/sinister_samurai/Wolverine/Wolverine_050_026.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/sinister_samurai/Wolverine/Wolverine_050_027.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/sinister_samurai/Wolverine/Wolverine_050_028.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/sinister_samurai/Wolverine/Wolverine_050_029.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/sinister_samurai/Wolverine/Wolverine_050_030.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/sinister_samurai/Wolverine/Wolverine_050_031.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/sinister_samurai/Wolverine/Wolverine_050_032_033.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/sinister_samurai/Wolverine/Wolverine_050_034.jpg

Lucid Lui
Heh, maybe they'll use this to explain why the Ult Hulk vs. Wolverine issues never come out. I think Loeb was supposed to be the one writing the Ult. Wolvie series aswell, so obviously he's got plans.

Thanks for the scans.

Metalmanx
That's got to have some relevance to 616. I've never before seen any sort of 616/Ultimate merging before. Perhaps it is supposed to be some off-panel action that happened later? Possibly merged memories?

H. S. 6
Interesting...

But Marvel did say they wouldn't do an Ultimate/616 crossover until they were "all out of ideas." I doubt this will lead to anything major.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Metalmanx
That's got to have some relevance to 616. I've never before seen any sort of 616/Ultimate merging before. Perhaps it is supposed to be some off-panel action that happened later? Possibly merged memories?

Merging of memories is what I was thinking too.

"V"
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
Heh, maybe they'll use this to explain why the Ult Hulk vs. Wolverine issues never come out. I think Loeb was supposed to be the one writing the Ult. Wolvie series aswell, so obviously he's got plans.

Thanks for the scans.

B-I-N-G-O, this is most likely. It's like an "In-joke" seeing as Ult Hulk vs Wolverine is cancelled. but yeah.

Soljer
Originally posted by srankmissingnin

Seems likely.

grey fox
Definitely an In-joke

Anyway , we wont be seeing any more 'Ult Wolvie V Hulk' until that pathetic excuse for a writer ends his crap-stain of a show and tries to Stark on issue 3.

Ptr_Grifin
If you notice Wolverine says, "What the Hell was that Uniform?" That puzzled me at the end as well.

And, "I hate Canada."

Does anyone know the differences between the normal issue and the all black and White issue?

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Ptr_Grifin
If you notice Wolverine says, "What the Hell was that Uniform?" That puzzled me at the end as well.

And, "I hate Canada."

Does anyone know the differences between the normal issue and the all black and White issue?

Because 616 Wolverine has never seen Ultimate Wolverine's uniform...

The black and white issue is just inked versions of Bianchi's pencils... not sure if it has the McGuinness side story.

NiņoAraņa
wow

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...ine_050_034.jpg

everyone hates Canadia shifty

roughrider

Beta Ray Howard
I can tell you what it is.

Crap writing.

marvelprince
They weren't just re-using panels, the art was new and redrawn by McGuinness for the story.

It wasn't an "Untold" fight between 616 Wolverine and Hulk, as 616 Wolverine has never worn the Ultimate Wolverine uniform (which he points out in the issue). Wolverine is remembering his first fight with the Hulk (which is notably different this time around due to some reconts) and his memory is interupted by one of Ultimate Wolverine getting torn in half... and Wolverine is all "WTF?". Not sure how you came to the conclusion that Wolverine having a possible physic link to the memories of his Ultimate counterpart some how adds up to Ultimate Wolverine getting ripped in half = 616 Wolverine getting ripped in half, though. It still has no grounds in the normal marvel universe.

Take it easy man. I didn't see the issue and was only going by what you said earlier. As far as I knew if he remembers it then it happened. Looking at now though it just seems to be an in-joke. Not a big deal

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by marvelprince
Take it easy man. I didn't see the issue and was only going by what you said earlier. As far as I knew if he remembers it then it happened. Looking at now though it just seems to be an in-joke. Not a big deal

... Did what I said come of aggressive or something? confused

marvelprince
... Did what I said come of aggressive or something? confused

No. Did my take it easy come off as defensive? confused

Martian_mind
Oh yay yet another chance for wolverine to be overexposed in a PIS filled mini that craps on all other marvel characters.

Metalmanx

Exactly. So, if that's the case, and it has been printed in a 616 comic, would that then mean that it did in fact happen to Wolverine at some point in time? Because, just following the logic of the comic itself and our conclusion that it is a merging of his memories, wouldn't that be correct?

srankmissingnin
Exactly. So, if that's the case, and it has been printed in a 616 comic, would that then mean that it did in fact happen to Wolverine at some point in time? Because, just following the logic of the comic itself and our conclusion that it is a merging of his memories, wouldn't that be correct?

Technically it never happened to him per say but he apparently remembers it happening... even though it really happened to Ultimate Wolverine. So... yeah... reality mingling is confusing.

Soljer

The memory got placed into his head by accident, when he remembered everything that ACTUALLY happened to him.

It never happened to 616 Wolverine, though. Just Ultimate. As far as we know, anyways.

Or it was just an inside joke and it doesn't matter anyways. Either way, you won't be able to use the "his joints aren't adamantium!" argument in the versus forum. stick out tongue.

And I know that's what you were getting at, wink.

Metalmanx
Technically it never happened to him per say but he apparently remembers it happening... even though it really happened to Ultimate Wolverine. So... yeah... reality mingling is confusing.

Originally posted by Soljer
The memory got placed into his head by accident, when he remembered everything that ACTUALLY happened to him.

It never happened to 616 Wolverine, though. Just Ultimate. As far as we know, anyways.

Or it was just an inside joke and it doesn't matter anyways. Either way, you won't be able to use the "his joints aren't adamantium!" argument in the versus forum. stick out tongue.

And I know that's what you were getting at, wink.

I'm not sure I follow. The Ultimate universe and 616 have never collided. Thus, even though it is a scene out of an Ultimate comic, wouldn't it be safe to assume that it did in fact happen to him? After HOM, he's regained all of his lost memories, correct? Well, wouldn't that imply that the instance did indeed happen to him?

And I really am just trying to get a hold onto this situation. I want to be able to accurately understand what happened so then, if necessary, I can (or cannot) use it as evidence. But even though it would prove useful against Wolverine, I would hope that srank would answer me unbiasedly (which I believe he will).

Soljer
I'm not sure I follow. The Ultimate universe and 616 have never collided. Thus, even though it is a scene out of an Ultimate comic, wouldn't it be safe to assume that it did in fact happen to him? After HOM, he's regained all of his lost memories, correct? Well, wouldn't that imply that the instance did indeed happen to him?

And I really am just trying to get a hold onto this situation. I want to be able to accurately understand what happened so then, if necessary, I can (or cannot) use it as evidence. But even though it would prove useful against Wolverine, I would hope that srank would answer me unbiasedly (which I believe he will).

I believe that this is implying that the Chaos magic that restored Wolverine's memories was chaotic.

Some of the memories he's regained are false. Some are from other continuities.

Wolverine even said "but...that never . And what the hell was that uniform?"

If he regained ALL his memories, and they were his true memories, he would have....(at the risk of being repetitive) REMEMBERED them.

He knows that that particular 'memory' never happened. Not to him, anyways.

Either the chaos magic ****ed up, and Wolverine is going to start 'remembering' a LOT of things that didn't actually happen in 616, or...

It was just an inside joke. no expression.

Lucid Lui
Maybe it's a red herring. Instead of Logan finally remembering his own life as a result of HoM, he got multiple mixed up memories of alternate versions of himself. So he'd be back to being the tortured man without a past that everyone loved.

Surely not...

srankmissingnin
Maybe it's a red herring. Instead of Logan finally remembering his own life as a result of HoM, he got multiple mixed up memories of alternate versions of himself. So he'd be back to being the tortured man without a past that everyone loved.

Surely not...

... I'd pay money for that. Really who whats a Wolverine that remembers his past?

srankmissingnin

Oh, I think I see what you are getting at. You are wondering if the example is usable in a debate because even though it is Ultimate Wolverine, it was shown in a 616 comic. The fact that it wasn't 616 Wolverine still comes into play, so even despite the fact that it happened in a 616 issue it still isn't admissible in a debate concerning 616.

But the rest of the story - in which the memories belong to 616 Wolverine - is a partial retcon of his first fight with the Hulk. In the original fight Wolverine was briefly koed and Department H forced him to evac at the start of 183... but in this retcon Hulk got a hold of Wolverine and prepared to rip him apart, then his memory jumped to those of Ultimate Wolverine. Wolverine was pretty adement that it never happened to him, and he has always had memories of that fight, so I'd say it is save to take his word on it.

Lucid Lui
... I'd pay money for that. Really who whats a Wolverine that remembers his past? Well yeah, i prefer a Wolvie that doesn't know his past. There was potential in him finally remembering, but they haven't delivered (Origins is terrible IMO).

srankmissingnin
Well yeah, i prefer a Wolvie that doesn't know his past. There was potential in him finally remembering, but they haven't delivered (Origins is terrible IMO).

I pretend that Origins doesn't exist, just like Larry Hama's Batman run. wink

Darth Vicious
That was a weird scene. I would hate for Marvel to have a cross over between the 2 universes.

srankmissingnin
I think that Lucid Lui was right in that they are just restoring the status-quo of a mentally messed up Wolverine.

capt it up
If they have a cross over and wolverine fights ulitmate wolverine that would be retarded. ultimate wolverine would lose in a matter of seconds

that fight would be as bad as ulitmate spiderman vs spiderman

Soljer
Originally posted by capt it up
If they have a cross over and wolverine fights ulitmate wolverine that would be retarded. ultimate wolverine would lose in a matter of seconds

that fight would be as bad as ulitmate spiderman vs spiderman

Why would Wolverine want to kill his alternate universe self?

confused

Scoobless
Originally posted by "V"
B-I-N-G-O, this is most likely. It's like an "In-joke" seeing as Ult Hulk vs Wolverine is cancelled. but yeah.

Cancelled? ... you sure?

capt it up
Why would Wolverine want to kill his alternate universe self?

confused
becuase he crap and he has Logan name that reason enough

I am pritty sure spiderman would ask logan to kill his counter part also

King_Mungi
I just took it as an inside joke, and that maybe U.Hulk vs. U.Wolverine was only just a dream :P

edit: "I hate Canada", what the hell was that bullshit? Also Wolverine directly stated Alpha Flight was a good idea, and they should continue doing what they do. Yet he makes it seem here like they were pointless, and Wolverine has directly stated on multiple occasions he still feels he is Canadian, hell he roots for the Toronto Maple Leafs

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by King_Mungi
I just took it as an inside joke, and that maybe U.Hulk vs. U.Wolverine was only just a dream :P

edit: "I hate Canada", what the hell was that bullshit?

Maybe he just ment Ontario? I hate Ontario and I live there!

King_Mungi
Maybe he just ment Ontario? I hate Ontario and I live there!

He faithfully watches the Toronto Maple Leafs, and Mac and Heather live here. Hell so did Wolverine in Orloo, Ontario and said he was extremely happy during Mac and Heather's wedding.

srankmissingnin
Quiet you!

King_Mungi
To me that's extremely bad writing

srankmissingnin
Well... Wolverine is an ornery type.

Grimm22
Originally posted by grey fox
Definitely an In-joke

Anyway , we wont be seeing any more 'Ult Wolvie V Hulk' until that pathetic excuse for a writer ends his crap-stain of a show and tries to Stark on issue 3.

Yep, it was a joke yes

However, I liked the writing with the Hulk fight laughing

Its nice to see Wolverine fighting and acting like he should, and not depending on his jobber aura 'healing factor'

Grimm22

edit: "I hate Canada", what the hell was that bullshit? Also Wolverine directly stated Alpha Flight was a good idea, and they should continue doing what they do. Yet he makes it seem here like they were pointless, and Wolverine has directly stated on multiple occasions he still feels he is Canadian, hell he roots for the Toronto Maple Leafs

I guess I would hate a country too if they made me speak in the 3rd person stick out tongue laughing

The wolverine, lol big grin

srankmissingnin
... you mean first person. That is generally how people talk... or is your problem with voice over narrative?

Edit: Er... nvm me, apparently I'm too tired to be posting right now.

Metalmanx
Oh, I think I see what you are getting at. You are wondering if the example is usable in a debate because even though it is Ultimate Wolverine, it was shown in a 616 comic. The fact that it wasn't 616 Wolverine still comes into play, so even despite the fact that it happened in a 616 issue it still isn't admissible in a debate concerning 616.

But the rest of the story - in which the memories belong to 616 Wolverine - is a partial retcon of his first fight with the Hulk. In the original fight Wolverine was briefly koed and Department H forced him to evac at the start of 183... but in this retcon Hulk got a hold of Wolverine and prepared to rip him apart, then his memory jumped to those of Ultimate Wolverine. Wolverine was pretty adement that it never happened to him, and he has always had memories of that fight, so I'd say it is save to take his word on it.

No, that isn't actually what I meant. But nevermind, it's not really that important anyway. I was just trying to clarify for my own personal enjoyment.

New question though. Since that first Hulk/Wolverine fight was retconned into what this new comic just showed, then what happened right before Wolvie returned to reality? Hulk had Wolverine in both hands and was prepared to or already started pulling. It was obvious that tearing Wolvie apart was Hulk's intention. Something must've happened.

srankmissingnin
No, that isn't actually what I meant. But nevermind, it's not really that important anyway. I was just trying to clarify for my own personal enjoyment.

New question though. Since that first Hulk/Wolverine fight was retconned into what this new comic just showed, then what happened right before Wolvie returned to reality? Hulk had Wolverine in both hands and was prepared to or already started pulling. It was obvious that tearing Wolvie apart was Hulk's intention. Something must've happened.

We will find out next month, I guess.

long pig
It wasn't a flashback as much as it was an "ode". It was there for amusement only.

The Hulk ripping Logan apart is pretty famous, so they added it in there as a jab.

srankmissingnin
It is supposed to be a four part mini "series", that takes place at the end of this current Wolverine issue and the next three. Seeing as Wolverine having a flash back that belongs to Ultimate Wolverine is the only conflict that they established in the first issue, I'm going to say it was more substantial then just amusement.

Martian_mind
I called it!!!!

marvelprince
Originally posted by Scoobless
Cancelled? ... you sure?

Not cancelled. Just on hiatus. Hopefully since Lost will be wrapping up soon we can see a third issue hopefully in the nezxt 6 yrs. Keep your fingers crossed.

Doesn't seem like a big thing. Just the creative team having some fun at the end there. Though I don't know whats funny about hating Canada.

Magee
Maybe it was put there so people on comic book forums could argue over what it means? erm

marvelprince
Originally posted by Magee
Maybe it was put there so people on comic book forums could argue over what it means? erm

laughing out loud Well they obviously don't know us very well do they

roughrider

He just had a bad moment. I curse the city I live in sometimes, but I'm not moving out or anything.
You couldn't blame him for feeling that way, anyway. Some of his worst, most traumatic experiences took place in Canada.

Zahit

yet more proof that marvel has completely lost any and all ability
to write a good wolverine story....
whether it's his character traits, origins or powers,
nothing makes sense with him anymore.

R.I.P. Wolverine......you WERE a great character....

Zahit
Originally posted by Magee
bingo!!!

King_Mungi
Originally posted by roughrider
He just had a bad moment. I curse the city I live in sometimes, but I'm not moving out or anything.
You couldn't blame him for feeling that way, anyway. Some of his worst, most traumatic experiences took place in Canada.

But also some of his best exeperiences took place in Canada, without James and Heather he still would be an animal

Originally posted by Zahit

bah! without Canada he directly stated he would still be lost. He even had a one-shot not to long ago called "Wolverine: Son of Canada"

srankmissingnin
With out Weapon X he would never have became an animal to begin with. The Canadian government has been ****ing Wolverine for a long time and honestly wiith out Canada he wouldn't still be an animal or lost... since he would never have been either of those to begin with.

Really, considering all the things he's gone through, is it that big of a stretch for Wolverine have some animosity in regards to Canada?

capt it up

Do you ever have any thing good to say about wolverine? Honestly the mroe you tlak about wolverine makes me just want to ignore you.

King_Mungi
With out Weapon X he would never have became an animal to begin with. The Canadian government has been ****ing Wolverine for a long time and honestly wiith out Canada he wouldn't still be an animal or lost... since he would never have been either of those to begin with.

Really, considering all the things he's gone through, is it that big of a stretch for Wolverine have some animosity in regards to Canada?

Weapon Plus and the American government had part in Weapon X as well. Also from Origins were learning even before Weapon X, Wolverine was still a killer even before Weapon X stepped in. Department K which was responsible for Weapon X was a rogue branch that was undercover. Department H is the good guys.

long pig

At one point, he was one of the greatest characters in comics. Now....eh, not so much.

jinzin

why would he like canada?

I mean it's the place where he lost his puppy, his family, rose, where silver fox was raped and murdered, where he suffered his first major defeat, his first failure, where he was captured and turned into weapon x, where he ran around like a mindless madman for god knows how long... of course he hates canada.

Martian_mind
And really who on earth likes Canada?hell even Canadians hate Canada.....they've had it to good for too long.

jinzin
laughing out loud

Dinalfos
Canada is a much better place to live in than the U.S cool

King_Mungi
Originally posted by jinzin

I mean it's the place where he lost his puppy, his family, rose, where silver fox was raped and murdered, where he suffered his first major defeat, his first failure, where he was captured and turned into weapon x, where he ran around like a mindless madman for god knows how long... of course he hates canada.

No he even says multiple times he loves Canada, as when he was with Silver Fox was one of the happiest times for him. When ever he drives up on his motorcycle he says he loves the smell of Canada. He's also lost loved ones in Japan and United States, but he doesn't hate it now does he? He's also suffered other failures and other massive defeats in other parts of the world, yet once again he doesn't hate them now does he?

marvelprince
Originally posted by Martian_mind
And really who on earth likes Canada?hell even Canadians hate Canada.....they've had it to good for too long.

Don't mess with Canada. They're like sleeper agents. Nice and quiet, then one day they'll snap and just invade somewhere like Turkey. And then they'll rename it Chicken bitches! evil face

roughrider
Don't mess with Canada. They're like sleeper agents. Nice and quiet, then one day they'll snap and just invade somewhere like Turkey. And then they'll rename it Chicken bitches! evil face

Just remember - it was the hordes from the north, who swooped down and sacked Rome in ancient days. One day, when Americans have gotten too fat to move and we've had enough of being nice guys, we'll swoop down with all our hockey sticks, yelling like highlanders out of Braveheart! laughing out loud

Scoobless

Those are my reasons too.

shifty

The Fake Macoy
Canada... sounds like a country of idiots! Wait a second...

Canada has a winning record against the US in wars. 1-0. We have since retired as undefeated champions and will never fight the US to retain said record.

roughrider
Before the War Of 1812, American forces tried on three other occasions to invade and take over Canada.
They were sent back home each time. wink

Soljer
Stop spreading misinformation.

Americans tried to take control of BRITISH possessions in present day Canada. It had nothing to do with Canadians.

That's like saying "Since the French were repelled by the British in Africa, clearly the African tribes there are superior to the French."

Canada and America have never had a true altercation. The closest thing is when BRITAIN used the land in far North America as a base of operations.

And, for the record, since I KNOW someone will bring it up - it was the BRITISH who burned the White House in the war of eighteen twelve. And that happened after the Americans burned the entire city of Toronto (York, the Capital of upper Canada at the time) first.

erm.

And no, I'm not Canadian nor American. So don't try it.

SpunkySmurph

I've seen that video! laughing

Maybe it's time to bump the old Canadian Discrimination thread...

Americans tried to take control of BRITISH possessions in present day Canada. It had nothing to do with Canadians.

That's like saying "Since the French were repelled by the British in Africa, clearly the African tribes there are superior to the French."

Canada and America have never had a true altercation. The closest thing is when BRITAIN used the land in far North America as a base of operations.

And, for the record, since I KNOW someone will bring it up - it was the BRITISH who burned the White House in the war of eighteen twelve. And that happened after the Americans burned the entire city of Toronto (York, the Capital of upper Canada at the time) first.

erm.

I knew it!

You're French!

glare

roughrider

erm.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invasion_of_Canada smile

Grimm22
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invasion_of_Canada smile

Wikipedia = Crap wink

Grimm22
Before the War Of 1812, American forces tried on three other occasions to invade and take over Canada.
They were sent back home each time. wink

That was before we had Texas and that was the British, not Canada no expression

King_Mungi

Incorrect, they were Canadians, as at the time as were were still under the British Commonwealth meaning we all still were British.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Grimm22
That was before we had Texas and that was the British, not Canada no expression

Incorrect again, Canada was still considered British, and yes the americans tried to move into parts of Canada and were pushed back. The highest group of settlers in Canada at that time was the British.

jinzin
No he even says multiple times he loves Canada, as when he was with Silver Fox was one of the happiest times for him. When ever he drives up on his motorcycle he says he loves the smell of Canada. He's also lost loved ones in Japan and United States, but he doesn't hate it now does he? He's also suffered other failures and other massive defeats in other parts of the world, yet once again he doesn't hate them now does he?

of course he'd like canada when she was alive...

in any case, I believe you can like aspects of a place or thing but not necessarily like that thing...

and you can't really dictate what wolverine doesn't hate, he tends to hate a lot of things..

King_Mungi
of course he'd like canada when she was alive...

in any case, I believe you can like aspects of a place or thing but not necessarily like that thing...

and you can't really dictate what wolverine doesn't hate, he tends to hate a lot of things..

No he stated he was thankful they even had their time together after she was dead

Except Wolverine has suffered and been more abused and used during his time in the States than Canada. So why would he hate Canada, and not the other?

Except for the fact on more than one occasion Wolverine has stated he loves Canada.

jinzin
No he stated he was thankful they even had their time together

he would be.. doesn't make what happened to her any less painful.. obviously...

Except Wolverine has suffered and been more abused and used during his time in the States than Canada.

how so?

So why would he hate Canada, and not the other?

he wasn't turned into weapon x in the u.s.

Except for the fact on more than one occasion Wolverine has stated he loves Canada.

oh?... okay...

when was this, I'm sure he has, but I don't remember.

capt it up
The I hate canada was a joke. It was ment to be funny. He did not fully mean it people

jinzin
on the other hand it could just be a throw away comment... I say I hate girls all the time... it's always a lie though.

capt it up
on the other hand it could just be a throw away comment... I say I hate girls all the time... it's always a lie though.

ya I think mungi took it a little to literal

King_Mungi
he would be.. doesn't make what happened to her any less painful.. obviously...

how so?

he wasn't turned into weapon x in the u.s.

oh?... okay...

when was this, I'm sure he has, but I don't remember.

Of course, but he lost other loved ones in other countries.

He's also lost Jean in the States, and Mariko in Japan. He's had his adamintium bones ripped out by Magneto, his healing powers went on the fritz and where did he go to get help? Canada. The one woman he loves he can't be with and various Weapon X factions that operate in the States still hunt him down.

The US. Government had influences with Weapon X though. As well as Weapon Plus and were seeing in Wolverine: Origins, the American government was using Wolverine as a killer for hier.

AF #13-14, #87-89, Wolverine #83-84 (I believe he says it here as well, that's when he fights Hunter In The Darkness). There's others, but those are right of the top of my head, as Wolverine did have a one-shot called "Wolverine: Son of Canada". In Wolverine #50 they imply Wolverine thinks AF was a waste of time, but in AF #13 he directly states it's a good idea and Heather should continue on James' work.

jinzin
Of course, but he lost other loved ones in other countries.

yeah but i tend to think silver fox and rose were probably more imposing on him as they were the first in a series of heartbreakers for the guy.. erm

He's also lost Jean in the States, and Mariko in Japan. He's had his adamintium bones ripped out by Magneto,

I'd say that wolverine was probably more attached to silver fox and rose than mariko, and for jean, well he was able to cope with the fact that they couldn't be together when she was still alive.. so yeah still not as bad...

the admantium going out isn't nearly has horrible as what happened to him when it was put in.. he was caged like an animal and he HATES that..

his healing powers went on the fritz and where did he go to get help? Canada.

because they are the most able to lend a hand, not because that's where he would like to go.. erm

The one woman he loves he can't be with and various Weapon X factions that operate in the States still hunt him down. story of his life.. but it started in canada...

The US. Government had influences with Weapon X though. As well as Weapon Plus and were seeing in Wolverine: Origins, the American government was using Wolverine as a killer for hier. so was london so was japan, so where a lot of places.. doesn't matter.. it all started in canada, the most familiarity he has with weapon x? IN CANADA... it's simple psychology..

AF #13-14, #87-89, Wolverine #83-84 (I believe he says it here as well, that's when he fights Hunter In The Darkness). There's others, but those are right of the top of my head, as Wolverine did have a one-shot called "Wolverine: Son of Canada". In Wolverine #50 they imply Wolverine thinks AF was a waste of time, but in AF #13 he directly states it's a good idea and Heather should continue on James' work.
you also have to consider what he said in the dream... was.. a dream..

jinzin

no expression

srankmissingnin
Aside from beer and fighting, I'm pretty sure that Wolverine hates everything wink

King_Mungi
yeah but i tend to think silver fox and rose were probably more imposing on him as they were the first in a series of heartbreakers for the guy.. erm

Well considering he just remember Rose recently I don't think it had much impact on him. Over his extended life he has seen countless loved ones die, he morns them all which he explained in the Wolverine tie-in that breifly explained he was immortal.

I'd say that wolverine was probably more attached to silver fox and rose than mariko, and for jean, well he was able to cope with the fact that they couldn't be together when she was still alive.. so yeah still not as bad...

No way we can say either or, but in X-Men Unlimited #12 , Wolverine visualized Jean to help him get through the pain. As he stated he does often to put him at a place of peace while his body heals. When Jean came back in Endsong, Wolverine was a wreck as he had to "kill" Dark Pheonix.

the admantium going out isn't nearly has horrible as what happened to him when it was put in.. he was caged like an animal and he HATES that..

Well considering he didn't remember much of what Weapon X did to him prior to just recently getting his memories back. Magneto was far worse, he even comtimplated leaving being a superhero as he "wasn't the best at what he did anymore". He was broken mentally and physically, then later he lost his nose which made him once again into a feral beast. Apparently his sense of smell keeps him sane?

because they are the most able to lend a hand, not because that's where he would like to go.. erm

*sigh* Except he has stated he loves the open wilderness of Canada. There are many people in the States or even in Japan that can also lend aid.

story of his life.. but it started in canada...

and?...so just because a few bad things happen to him in Canada, which also happened in other countries that automatically means he would have to hate Canada? errrrr?

so was london so was japan, so where a lot of places.. doesn't matter.. it all started in canada, the most familiarity he has with weapon x? IN CANADA... it's simple psychology..

Actually it does, as just because the base was in Canada, doesn't mean that those others were not responsible. You can't simply put all the blame on the rogue branch of Department K.

you also have to consider what he said in the dream... was.. a dream..

Well at the start it was a memory of his first confrontation with the Hulk, even talking about how he askes Heather to remove the whiskers. It was a direct memory until the U.Hulk scene which he wonders if it was a dream or a memory.

Martian_mind
You do realise that there are only three absolutes in this universe,right?

1.The di***ead in front of you won't decide what coffee they want during the time in the line despite the fact that they have been in line for over half an hour

2.if you took all the porn of the internet there would only be one site left called"Bring back the porn"

3.Canada sucks.......but not as badly as Holland....those flower eating bastards.

SpunkySmurph
on the other hand it could just be a throw away comment... I say I like girls... it's a lie though.

lookaround

Grimm22
Incorrect again, Canada was still considered British, and yes the americans tried to move into parts of Canada and were pushed back. The highest group of settlers in Canada at that time was the British.

That still doesn't change the fact that, if we had Texas at the time, we would have kicked your asses big grin

roughrider
Originally posted by Grimm22
That still doesn't change the fact that, if we had Texas at the time, we would have kicked your asses big grin

I thought Texans thought of themselves as their own country, because they were annexed, not willing joiners of the union. big grin

King_Mungi
I thought Texans thought of themselves as their own country, because they were annexed, not willing joiners of the union. big grin

They do, I have family friends there and many act that away. Nice people, Fortworth Texas and College Station is where I was mostly.

roughrider
I hear Austin is a very progressive city, with the enviroment and the arts.
I'd like to see Houston, and South Padre Island during spring break.

King_Mungi
Oh I forgot I went to Austin too, but it was messed some guy brought a shotgun into a mall at Fortworth and no one even seemed to care. My brother and I, were shocked. He just walked around not a care in the world. He even stopped to show people the gun and talked about it...yesh! I have other gun stories about Texas but for another time.

jinzin
Well considering he just remember Rose recently I don't think it had much impact on him. Over his extended life he has seen countless loved ones die, he .......blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.........until the U.Hulk scene which he wonders if it was a dream or a memory.

look, before I get into another king mungi pattented pissing contest tell me this...

when has logan said word for word that he loves canada?
when has he sad it: "i love canada"...?

again you can like aspects of something without liking that thing.
canada is a matter of worst case assossiation... you won't find ANY OTHER traumatic event in wolverine's life that was as imposing as the weapon x project.. they messed with his mind and that's the real pain... that's the real problem...
also, don't downplay roses impact on him, it was implied that since m-day he's been dreaming about her ever sense... again he's going to have assossiation with her from his memories..

nothing that's happened to logan aside from physical pain, as even come close to what he endured under the weapon x program... period.

and for the issue...you can either accept it as a recont or you can't... either it was a dream and what he said doesn't matter, or it was a recont and he thought alpha flight was a gay idea.. it's simple as really.

jinzin
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph

lookaround

wanna know how I know you're gay?
you edit my heterosexual posts to make your own homosexual fantasies about me. wink

SpunkySmurph
you edit my heterosexual posts to make your own homosexual fantasies about me. wink

Hmmm...

I can't tell whether you're spazzing out or joking around... confused

If it's the former:

But yes Jinzin... I was just sitting at my computer thinking about how hot your avatar looked. Really, very nice.

erm

If it's the latter:

Wanna know how I know you're gay?

You have every (of which there are too many) appearance of a certain, short, hairy, manly mutant without any clothes bookmarked.

(Yes Jinzin. We all know ninja )

jinzin
Hmmm...

I can't tell whether you're spazzing out or joking around... confused

If it's the former:

But yes Jinzin... I was just sitting at my computer thinking about how hot your avatar looked. Really, very nice.

erm

If it's the latter:

You have every (of which there are too many) appearance of a certain, short, hairy, manly mutant without any clothes bookmarked.

(Yes Jinzin. We all know ninja )

wink

you catalog every bookmark I make of a male comic character so you can continue on your fantasies.

well that and you just reffered to logan as a "manly mutant"... laughing out loud priceless..

my avatar IS pretty bitchin though...

SpunkySmurph
wink

you catalog every bookmark I make of a male comic character so you can continue on your fantasies.

well that and you just reffered to logan as a "manly mutant"... laughing out loud priceless..

my avatar IS pretty bitchin though...

laughing laughing laughing

It's ironic, because I may have been insinuating a certain shrunken ninja was gay yesterday after using the word 'manlier' to describe Punisher.

So maybe I deserved that one... embarrasment

Your signature involves four *athletic* men in tight costumes and you think it's "bitchin". wink

Meh. My avatar would kick your avatar's ass. No offense. It's the truth. smile

King_Mungi
look, before I get into another king mungi pattented pissing contest tell me this...

when has logan said word for word that he loves canada?
when has he sad it: "i love canada"...?

again you can like aspects of something without liking that thing.
canada is a matter of worst case assossiation... you won't find ANY OTHER traumatic event in wolverine's life that was as imposing as the weapon x project.. they messed with his mind and that's the real pain... that's the real problem...
also, don't downplay roses impact on him, it was implied that since m-day he's been dreaming about her ever sense... again he's going to have assossiation with her from his memories..

nothing that's happened to logan aside from physical pain, as even come close to what he endured under the weapon x program... period.

and for the issue...you can either accept it as a recont or you can't... either it was a dream and what he said doesn't matter, or it was a recont and he thought alpha flight was a gay idea.. it's simple as really.

and here I thought I was being civil, actually your the one getting testy confused

I will have to pull out some comics tommorow, as I'm heading out for the rest of the night. In Alpha Flight "Heather, I love the openess of the northern woods, you can get lost in yourself", "I smell the northern wilderness blowing towards me, it brings back good memories"

and yet, as noted the Weapon X was not simply Canadian involvement. Yet you place all the blame in one lump sum when that's not practical or logical. He's had bad things happen to him all over the world, yet he hates Canada all of sudden? Naaaa...not buying it. "Wolverine: Son of Canada"

I'm not downplaying, but when Wolverine has near death experiences he visualizes Jean 90% of the time.

Oh? were learning he was a lab rat before Weapon X as well, testing Omega Red's carbium on him. We don't even know the full story of his time with Weapon X, the complete story has yet to be revealed so how can you say that?

Or which you forgot to mention...bad writing....ta da. Wolverine has had many dealings with AF and not once did he think they were a waste of time.

Grimm22

They were yes

Texas fought Mexico and beat them all on their own eek!

(Note: This was back when Mexico wasn't, you know, dirt poor stick out tongue)

Soljer

Texas advocated and voted to join the union multiple times.

'Not willing.' roll eyes (sarcastic)

Jyppe

3.Canada sucks.......but not as badly as Holland....those flower eating bastards.

Uh, smoking weed is legal in Holland. confused

jinzin

It's ironic, because I may have been insinuating a certain shrunken ninja was gay yesterday after using the word 'manlier' to describe Punisher.

So maybe I deserved that one... embarrasment

Your signature involves four *athletic* men in tight costumes and you think it's "bitchin". wink

Meh. My avatar would kick your avatar's ass. No offense. It's the truth. smile

lol.. you wanna know how I know you're gay?

you refer to yourself as "spunky".. erm

that's so flamboyant that captain planet said to tone it down.

Beta Ray Howard
Ninjas suck.

no expression

jinzin
and here I thought I was being civil, actually your the one getting testy confused

I will have to pull out some comics tommorow, as I'm heading out for the rest of the night. In Alpha Flight "Heather, I love the openess of the northern woods, you can get lost in yourself", "I smell the northern wilderness blowing towards me, it brings back good memories"

and yet, as noted the Weapon X was not simply Canadian involvement. Yet you place all the blame in one lump sum when that's not practical or logical. He's had bad things happen to him all over the world, yet he hates Canada all of sudden? Naaaa...not buying it. "Wolverine: Son of Canada"

I'm not downplaying, but when Wolverine has near death experiences he visualizes Jean 90% of the time.

Oh? were learning he was a lab rat before Weapon X as well, testing Omega Red's carbium on him. We don't even know the full story of his time with Weapon X, the complete story has yet to be revealed so how can you say that?

Or which you forgot to mention...bad writing....ta da. Wolverine has had many dealings with AF and not once did he think they were a waste of time.

I'll ask you again.. as wolverine said word for word that he loves canada?

more than once?

if not than this whole thing doesn't matter..

as for logical in relation to weapon x.. well what he endured (the carbonadium stuff) was STILL under team x, which was a product of: yup you guessed it.. weapon x...

and again, it's a matter of assossiation, the weapon x project didn't happen to logan in the states or in london or in japan, it happened in canada.. period...
logic has nothing to do with it, go read up on psychological test run on chimps for negative assossiation to understand what I mean.

Like I said either is't a retcon or it's not..

jinzin
Originally posted by Beta Ray Howard
Ninjas suck.

no expression

mad
YOU SUCK!!!

Martian_mind
Originally posted by Jyppe
Uh, smoking weed is legal in Holland. confused

Only because their weed is sub-standard....hell it's so bad it is basically a BYO Weed Country....cheap flower eating bastards with their clogs and retarded accents.....yet not as retarded as the Canadian accent.

SpunkySmurph
lol.. you wanna know how I know you're gay?

you refer to yourself as "spunky".. erm

that's so flamboyant that captain planet said to tone it down.

laughing out loud

You wanna know how I know you're gay?

I refer to myself as Smurph. But YOU refer to me as 'Spunky'.

Not to mention you're a Captain Planet fan... erm

spidey-dude
laughing out loud

Not to mention you're a Captain Planet fan... erm i didnt know we had a captain planet fanboy on here laughing

jinzin
laughing out loud

Not to mention you're a Captain Planet fan... erm
lol

you wanna know how I know you're gay?

1: you wish I was a captain planet fan
2: you admitted to loving soljer.. (I don't care if it was for the money)
and 3: you have an avatar of mario with jizz on his nose.. sick

SpunkySmurph
lol

you wanna know how I know you're gay?

1: you wish I was a captain planet fan
2: you admitted to loving soljer.. (I don't care if it was for the money)
and 3: you have an avatar of mario with jizz on his nose.. sick

Haha

1. You deny the truth about being a Captain Planet fan
2. You follow everything that I post and are jealous about Soljer
3. You see Mario with a watery face and assume it's jizz
4. You hit on Martian_mind. confused

Martian_mind
Wanna know why the whole Forum thinks you two are gay?

I used Photoshop to make a picture of you two in a compromising position.

jinzin
Haha

1. You deny the truth about being a Captain Planet fan
2. You follow everything that I post and are jealous about Soljer
3. You see Mario with a watery face and assume it's jizz
4. You hit on Martian_mind. confused

1: you STILL wish I was a captain planet fan
2: you fantasize about me following your posts, implying you like it from behind.
3: you deny that your avatar is a jizzed faced mario
4: you're jealous that I hit on martian mind..

uhhh.. I mean.. oops... RUN!

jinzin

lol

SpunkySmurph

Uh-oh... Martian said something clever.

I think it's an omen... a sign of the apocalypse.

confused

jinzin

confused

laughing

oooooooohhhhhhhhh sad

Soljer

confused

That and me switching sides, becomming the most notorious troll on the comic forums. evil face

Jyppe
Only because their weed is sub-standard....hell it's so bad it is basically a BYO Weed Country....cheap flower eating bastards with their clogs and retarded accents.....yet not as retarded as the Canadian accent.

The local weed is average, but a lot of the coffee shops there buy foreign weed, which is apparently A LOT better. Can't hate a country for just part of the coffee shops.

And Holland happens to be nearly only one of the european countries where you can smoke weed without worries. Can you do that in the USA? Hell no. can you do that in Finland?Hell no.

King_Mungi
Sorry Jinzin for not replying today, but my head is still sore from last night. Didn't get home till 5:30 so I'm on lite duties now.

I promise I will reply tommorow.

Martian_mind
Originally posted by Jyppe
The local weed is average, but a lot of the coffee shops there buy foreign weed, which is apparently A LOT better. Can't hate a country for just part of the coffee shops.

And Holland happens to be nearly only one of the european countries where you can smoke weed without worries. Can you do that in the USA? Hell no. can you do that in Finland?Hell no.

I live in Australia......we have practically the worst police force on the planet...so we don't have to worry at all.

King_Mungi
I'll ask you again.. as wolverine said word for word that he loves canada?

more than once?

if not than this whole thing doesn't matter..

as for logical in relation to weapon x.. well what he endured (the carbonadium stuff) was STILL under team x, which was a product of: yup you guessed it.. weapon x...

and again, it's a matter of assossiation, the weapon x project didn't happen to logan in the states or in london or in japan, it happened in canada.. period...

logic has nothing to do with it, go read up on psychological test run on chimps for negative assossiation to understand what I mean.

Like I said either is't a retcon or it's not..

Finding a direct quote of Wolverine says he loves something is rare, but again here's a quote when Department H tried to recruit him...again, "Not a chance bub!, this is my home, and I'll fight for the people, but I won't fight for you. Not anymore" If need be I will look at other comics and try to get other quotes, but other than Wolverine #50 he has never shown any anomosity towards Canada..ever. Government sure, but so has James Hudson.

At that time he was operating under US government and go all over the world killing people. Acting like a monster on his own behalf even responsible for the creation of Nitro.

Yet he has never and I mean never shown animosity towards Canada in general. He doesn't like some of the political leaders, but he doesn't like some of the politicals leaders in the US.

I'm going with bad writing as every apperance he had with Alpha Flight he never made any comment or acting like that way before

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.