Evil Ryu vs. Evil Ryu!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cloud_VII
Evil Ryu from Street Fighter versus Evil Ryu from Ninja Gaiden.

First Round: Strictly Hand-to-Hand

Second Round: They fight to the death

TricksterPriest
Hmmm. Interesting fight. I see Evil Ryu from Street fighter walking away with the win. 3 words. Shun Goku Satsu.

Superboy Prime
3rd strike Ryu has a better chance of beating Haya than evil Ryu.

However on topic:

First Round--Hand to Hand Evil Ryu could probably take it; eventhough his lack of control could be his downfall.

Second Round--All out deathmatch Hayabusa impales Evil Ryu just as the Shungokusatsu is about to get him.

Remulous
Evil Ryu can use the Shungokusatsu, but I'm not gonna decide who wins this one.

Superboy Prime
It's possible that he could do it, but he never has.

Cloud_VII
1 word, Teleportation.

And SF Ryu is not winning with that move. It would not connect, and he will have to rely on his speed and teleportation to win the first match.

As for the second match, it's pretty one-sided. NG Ryu would win.

Remulous
Originally posted by Cloud_VII
1 word, Teleportation.

And SF Ryu is not winning with that move. It would not connect, and he will have to rely on his speed and teleportation to win the first match.

As for the second match, it's pretty one-sided. NG Ryu would win. D.Ryu can teleport as well, via Ashura Senku.

Why wouldn't it connect?

Shungokusatsu will send Hayabusa to hell.

_____a
3 words. Shun Goku Satsu

Tha C-Master
He'll only dodge it... stick out tongue

Remulous
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
He'll only dodge it... stick out tongue Will he, really?

Sado22
what if its the DOAmovie Ryu versus SF Evil Ryu?

~The Invincible Sado-sama

Tha C-Master
Movie versions are always massively overhauled in power.... well, almost always.

Sado22
yeah.....not to mention you all that power combined with the power of bad acting. SF Evil ryu stands no chance.....unless he takes calls "SF Movie Ryu" to the rescue. bad acting level of power will be evened out, IMO, though SFMovie Ryu will definitely win due to "worst movie standard" pwnge. laughing

~The Invincible Sado-sama

Darkstorm Zero
Ugh... I have to scrub my brain for another week with battery acid and a wire brush to rase the pain from those bad memories...

Remulous
I can't even believe I payed money to see those movies. And they're gonna make another one soon. I hear it's all about Chun Li. They better make Chun Li Luci Lu or that one girl from Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, or at least some one as hot as them.

Sado22
i can't stand lucy lui...too cliched in her roles and over does it. not to mention that i find her butt ugly but that's just me.
i'm fine with any far eastern girl playing chunli as long as she is a good martial artist and has those jugs.
Everyone cross your fingers and lets patiently await the release of:

Street Fighter: Memoirs of The World's strongest woman
laughing

~The Skeptical Over New SF Movie's Success Sado-sama

Cloud_VII
Originally posted by Remulous
D.Ryu can teleport as well, via Ashura Senku.

Why wouldn't it connect?

Shungokusatsu will send Hayabusa to hell.
I don't think he can vanish and appear wherever he wants on the planet.

Because Ryu can teleport to a different location wink

Two scenarios I'm going to make stick out tongue

First scenario: Evil Ryu initiates the Shun Goku Satsu as Evil Ryu teleports to a different location on the planet, i.e., a forest, beach, desert, etc...

Second scenario: Evil Ryu takes Evil Ryu to hell where he would be smited by demons. But wait! Hasn't Ryu been through hell more than once before?

Marbus: "Welcome, to the hellish depths of the Fiend Realm. The question is, can you defeat me?

*Ryu fights off several demons and kills them with the True Dragon Sword, then continues to kill the lord of the fiends. Ryu finds an exit to the hellish realm and continues to fight Ryu without that happening again...*

EDIT: Evil Ryu never did the Shun Goku Satsu...

Cloud_VII
Tell you what I'll call it a draw if it's alright with you.

Remulous
Hayabusa can't teleport, he just moves fast. If he could actualy teleport, you would be able to use the damn ability in the game. Call it a draw if you want, I'm okay wit it.

Tha C-Master
Tie with Evil Ryu but he can't beat G. Rugal?

TricksterPriest
laughing He's got you there. You think Evil Ryu ties, but God Rugal, who is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Evil Ryu, loses? laughing fanboys, they never seem to realize the nooses they tie for themselves.

Tha C-Master
Poor logic... *sigh*

Remulous
Originally posted by Sado22
i can't stand lucy lui...too cliched in her roles and over does it. not to mention that i find her butt ugly but that's just me.
i'm fine with any far eastern girl playing chunli as long as she is a good martial artist and has those jugs.
Everyone cross your fingers and lets patiently await the release of:

Street Fighter: Memoirs of The World's strongest woman
laughing

~The Skeptical Over New SF Movie's Success Sado-sama Dude...Lucy Lui is so hot, she'd be the perfect Chun Li. Simply cause I find her hot!

Tha C-Master
Haha, so stereotypical. stick out tongue

Cloud_VII
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
laughing He's got you there. You think Evil Ryu ties, but God Rugal, who is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Evil Ryu, loses? laughing fanboys, they never seem to realize the nooses they tie for themselves.
No smartass...Evil Ryu is not the Devil...

Evil Ryu would tie with Evil Ryu, IMO. As for who'd win in a match, God Rugal vs the devil Incarnate...I'd like to see you say something like God Rugal would definitely win since I'm pretty damn sure before you were not even going to argue that.

Cloud_VII
Tie with Evil Ryu but he can't beat G. Rugal?
Fiend Ryu ties with Evil Ryu and for all we know, the Devil wtfpwns G. Rugal who isn't even canon laughing

Poor logic... *sigh*
Clearly you didn't know what I was talking about.

Darkstorm Zero
Hold on, what does Devil Incarnate have to do with Ryu vs Rugal?

Remember Cloud, that thread was stipulated as having No Gaiden Feats involved, there was no such stipulation involving Rugal or his alternate forms...

Remulous
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Hold on, what does Devil Incarnate have to do with Ryu vs Rugal?

Remember Cloud, that thread was stipulated as having No Gaiden Feats involved, there was no such stipulation involving Rugal or his alternate forms... I don't even know how Ninja Gaiden keeps popping up.

Darkstorm Zero
Because of it's connection to DOA, under normal circumstances the gaiden feats for Hayabusa are admissable, but for the Rugal vs Ryu debate, Trickster specifically stated that the Gaiden stuff was out.

Remulous
No it isn't, is it? In Ninja Gaiden Ayane addressees Hayabusa as Master Ryu, but in DOA Hayabusa is not Ayane's master. She isn't even part of Hayabusa's village in DOA. What's up with that?

Darkstorm Zero
I don't know enough about Gaiden toi draw a conclusion on that, but Gaiden was mentioned in DOA3 and 4, thats a legitimate tie making Gaiden usable in a debate involving Ryu, BUT, the OP stipulations override that, making the Gaiden feats inadmissable in that particular thread, or any thread that holds that stipulation.

You see, this is why I urge threadstarters to be as thorough as possible, in order to get the right deabte going.

Cloud_VII
...ok...

As for the answer to DS's question, I was saying Ryu is capable of becoming the Devil since he has wielded that Dark Dragon Blade in NG. All he would have to do is break the seal, and then he would become the devil on Earth. However, that is applicable to this thread because...I made it.

Here's proof that DOA Hayabusa is the same as NG Hayabusa...

There can't be two different Dragon Swords. Ryu is shown using the weapon in NG as well as in DOA4...

Darkstorm Zero
Thats not what I'm talking about, since you brought up the G. Rugal argument from a different thread, what I'm saying is, under that threads rules, there is no NG feats to uphold, and over there I saw you use the Devil Incarnate argument as well, so I'm saying, what relevance does that have to that debate?

in relation to this thread however, I don't know... seriously, it takes quite alot to convince me that Evil Ryu would lose, when he's equipped with 2 of the 4 Messatsu techniquues Akuma uses....

Cloud_VII
Akuma cannot beat every character with his techniques...

He has shown to be able to take people from the SF cast to the Netherealm, but I highly doubt he could do that against characters that are 100 times his size. As for the demon smiting thing, I honestly don't think demons could do anything to the devil seeing as he's superior to the likes of demons in every way. Ryu could chop up demons with the TDS and that is a weapon on par with the DDB...and there are still ways to get around the shungokusatsu, i.e. Invulnerability, or simple teleporting out of the way. It is avoidable regardless of how many fans there are who want to believe otherwise, since the attack has to connect, and the only way to defend against it is by clearing the mind of all desire, guilt, hate, and anger. Oh, and seeing as how the devil is from hell, the one who's performing the shungokusatsu would only be taking the devil back to his home. I thought I should also mention that the user puts his life in jeopardy in the process, especially since he's having to deal with the devil himself...

Darkstorm Zero
I didn't say Akuma defeats EVERYONE he fights... Gill and Gen both proved to be quite capable of surviving.

And one more thing, Hayabusa has never been shown capable of breaking the seal on the DDB, so I am doubting he could do the Devil Incarnate thing, and even if he did, what makes you think that the SGS wouldn't work, I've never heard of any limitation based on the 'SIZE' of the opponent...

AND the SGS may very well still kill him, since it's the power of past sins that kills the opponent more than the demons ever did, and if this Devil Incarnate is existing in the mortal realm, that means he's alive, alive in hell means it can experience Death.

Sado22
Doesn't he take you to hell where the demons attack you..the greater the sin the more painful the move? just asking for clarification DSZ.

anyway i was kinda surprised to find this explanation of SGS cuz for the longest time people were saying that he just attacks the most vital parts of the body. the new one is kinda...lame IMO. i mean comeon, take him to hell.
i wonder what's next:
when ryu does shinkuuhadouken he takes you to all the worst eating joints in town?

btw i have a question, Cloud, sorry cRoudO.
who is the hero of DoA? Kasumi or Hayate or Hayabusa?
Also who is the best fighter of the these storyline wise: Kasumi, Ayane, Hayabusa or Hayate? I'm confused. seems each of them has won the competition once.

~The trying-to-get-into-DoA-but-can't-get-past-the-boucning-breasts Sado-samasad

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by Sado22
Doesn't he take you to hell where the demons attack you..the greater the sin the more painful the move? just asking for clarification DSZ.

anyway i was kinda surprised to find this explanation of SGS cuz for the longest time people were saying that he just attacks the most vital parts of the body. the new one is kinda...lame IMO. i mean comeon, take him to hell.
i wonder what's next:
when ryu does shinkuuhadouken he takes you to all the worst eating joints in town?

The vital attack theory was only a part of it, yes he does that, but there are the demons doing the Soul eat er thing, and the Sin enhancement...

Beleive it or not... I have looked for AGES for an explanation to that, the only plausable theory I have, is that Akuma's commection to the Dark Hadou is so deep, that it enables him to open rifts temporarily when he focuses enough of that energy during the attack... though that doesn't really explain why Akuma is protected during the move (He was the first ever to survive using the move)

Cloud_VII
@ Sado: The main protagonist of DOA is Kasumi.

@ DZ: Ryu is capable of breaking the seal because fiends are evil and wicked. He becomes one in NG. As for the mortal issue, Ryu has been through hell alive, and even Marbus who's the lord of Hell can't be considered dead just because he's in his realm, yet Ryu managed to kill him. I thought I should also mention he has not shown committing bad deeds, and again, he would be the devil in this situation. Demons from the Netherealm aren't going to be able to kill the devil and considering he has the second most powerful weapon in history...

Also, once again, the shungokusatsu is avoidable, until someone proves me otherwise.

Cloud_VII
Or, Hayabusa could impale Evil Ryu as he's doing the shungokusatsu.

Darkstorm Zero
the fact is, once he's grabbed, it's an instantaneous attack, it's not like, "Oh shite, iv'e just been transported to hell!, now where are those demons?" and he walks around for half an hour...

No no, there is a reason why it's also called 'Instant Hell Murder'

Cloud_VII
It's instant once it connects to the opponent. Ryu could impale him before then, especially with the Dark Dragon Blade seeing as it's a long range weapon.

Darkstorm Zero
Do you think Ryu is stupid enough to pull it off at a distance without some assurance it would hit?

this is the single mnost screwed up thing about these debates... people ASSUME that the character is simply going to do something foolish...

I for one don't pull the move out of my ass and hope to hell I don't get hit/thrown/jumped over...

Cloud_VII
Fiend Ryu could teleport behind Evil Ryu and kill him on the spot, but I'm just pointing out what could happen in this fight.

I know that in the games, Akuma unleashes a 4-hit combo and then performs the shungokusatsu, and he sometimes even teleports behind the enemy right before he gets them with the shungokusatsu, making it really difficult to avoid. However, it is equally likely that Fiend Ryu would teleport behind Evil Ryu and execute an Extinction Straight Slash as Evil Ryu would teleport behind him and get him with the shungokusatsu.

Argument over.

Darkstorm Zero
See what I mean... I guess I just realised why some of these debates get so screwed over.... Nobody can agree on an amicable solution...

That and one hit wonders make threads go stupid.

Actually, I have a question reguarding Evil Ryu's SGS: Is E.Ryu's version of the move even lethal, or as lethal as Akuma's? it only does 12 of the full 15 hits...

TricksterPriest
I did a check on the SGS in CVS2. Evil Ryu's is slightly weaker than Gouki's. Storywise, I have no idea. But the move is still very powerful. 12 hits? Weird, I've always seen 15.

Darkstorm Zero
12 hitters in the SFA3 home ports.

Here's the guage on the number of hits I've seen from SGS users

12 hits E.Ryu (SFA3)
13 hits Akuma, E.Ryu (SF EX series)
15 hits Standard (Everyone exept D.Sakura and C.Akuma)
16 hits Shin Akuma (SFA2 and A3) Akuma, Dark Sakura, Ryu in Akuma Mode (Marvel vs Series)
23 hits Cyber Akuma aerial variant of the move (MSF)
24 hits Cyber Akuma (MSF)
and 33 hits Shin Akuma (CVSNK 2 & CFJ/CFE)

Tha C-Master
See what I mean... I guess I just realised why some of these debates get so screwed over.... Nobody can agree on an amicable solution...

That and one hit wonders make threads go stupid.

Actually, I have a question reguarding Evil Ryu's SGS: Is E.Ryu's version of the move even lethal, or as lethal as Akuma's? it only does 12 of the full 15 hits... In the alpha 3 it did the exact same damage.

Darkstorm Zero
Thats odd.... I ran a training go just a few minutes ago, damage was off by about 20 points %80 of the time... I did it 10 times at the exat same distance, variable damage is a biatch..

Tha C-Master
Thats odd.... I ran a training go just a few minutes ago, damage was off by about 20 points %80 of the time... I did it 10 times at the exat same distance, variable damage is a biatch.. I got ryu at the same with max level 32, or was it just plain? I know Gouki was a 15 hitter in Alpha 3, that's for sure...

Darkstorm Zero
Well, since I'm using Alpha Anthologies for the PS2, the Arcade ports, thats the version I'm using.

Yeah, Akuma's a 15 hitter, but E.Ryu is a 12 hitter in A3.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.