Can I change desktop shortcuts text colour?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

busters mum
I am running Xp home, version 2002, Service pack 2 on my computer. I do not want to change my colour scheme/theme but I would like to change the colour of the text on the desktop. At the moment the colour of the text below my shortcuts is all in white with a greyish shadow effect. Can I change this colour? I have tried going into display properties, appearance. It is set on windows xp style, default blue. Then I have gone to the advanced button, I've dropped down the item box but cannot find anything that will change the text to a different colour. Is this possible? Please help!

guy222
Originally posted by busters mum
I am running Xp home, version 2002, Service pack 2 on my computer. I do not want to change my colour scheme/theme but I would like to change the colour of the text on the desktop. At the moment the colour of the text below my shortcuts is all in white with a greyish shadow effect. Can I change this colour? I have tried going into display properties, appearance. It is set on windows xp style, default blue. Then I have gone to the advanced button, I've dropped down the item box but cannot find anything that will change the text to a different colour. Is this possible? Please help!

i don't think so. maybe a way

busters mum
In the older versions of window 95/98 you could do it no worry. So I dont know why they changed it in XP. It makes it very hard to see white writing against some backgrounds. I run a draxysoft wallpaper sequencer which changes my background everytime I restart my computer.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.