Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dirkdirden
Final Fantasy XII is going to the DS.

"
Like Final Fantasy X and its sequel Final Fantasy X-2, Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings takes place right after its PlayStation 2 predecessor. Toriyama said that a specific time period has not been set. Revenant Wings is set on the floating continent of Puruvama and on the ground below, where Vaan, the protoganist from Final Fantasy XII, is in search of treasure.

In regards to Ivalice, the world of Final Fantasy XII, Yokoyama said: "It would be impossible to put in all of Ivalice, but you'll be able to go to the main locations." While exploring Ivalice a second time is cut short, players that finished Final Fantasy XII will be able to see what the characters from the PlayStation 2 game are up to. When asked about the characters that will join this installment, Yokoyama confirmed that Fran and Balthier will join as party members and expect there to be more.

Other returning features from Final Fantasy XII include the Gambit combat system. However, Yokoyama added that the battle system is relatively new. In order to prevent returning players from getting confused, there will be shared elements from the original. The combat system will also be simplified to accomodate newer players. Toriyama hinted at Wi-Fi compatibility for Revenant Wing's combat system, but added it will not be supported unless lag can be eliminated.

Due to the DS being a portable system, the story will consist of episodes so it can be played in short periods. Toriyama observed that players will be able to progress through the story speedily. Additionally, Revenant Wings will take advantage of the system's dual screens and allow for full stylus control.

"

link so some screen shots, not sure if it will work though.

http://www.rpgamer.com/games/ff/ff12rw/screens/ff12rwss012307-1.html

Lana
Not precisely new news stick out tongue

Still, though, I think it looks neat.

And Fran and Balthier had better be back, they're the best characters from XII.

dirkdirden
Originally posted by Lana
Not precisely new news stick out tongue

Still, though, I think it looks neat.

And Fran and Balthier had better be back, they're the best characters from XII.

Yes I know but there was no thread about it and I thought it deserved one.

And from what I saw no Fran or Balthier........*tear*

Kadesh
... balthier was the best character in FFXII and i loved ashe cuz she simply pwns over other FF girls smile Ashe better be back, how i love staring at her

Lana
Just got and started playing this now. It's cute and slightly Tactics-ish. Sorta.

And Fran and Balthier are indeed in it.

exanda kane
Would you recommend this game? (for the PS2, couldn't find another thread for this)

I haven't followed these games for quite a few years (had 4 and 5 back in the day, FF7 too, but haven't played any since FF9) and didn't even realise this existed until I was trawling through amazon.co.uk. and have discovered that black heap in storage (formerly known as PS2) still works!!

Cheers in advance.

Lana
It's for the DS, not the PS2.

Unless you mean Final Fantasy XII itself, not Revenant Wings. Which yes, I'd recommend FFXII, as I liked it a lot.

InnerRise
Originally posted by exanda kane
Would you recommend this game? (for the PS2, couldn't find another thread for this)

I haven't followed these games for quite a few years (had 4 and 5 back in the day, FF7 too, but haven't played any since FF9) and didn't even realise this existed until I was trawling through amazon.co.uk. and have discovered that black heap in storage (formerly known as PS2) still works!!

Cheers in advance. I honestly wouldn't recommend this game, Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings for the DS that is per say such as.

It's much too easy and kind of a childish game.

And by the way, this game takes place a YEAR after the events in Final Fantasy XII for the Playstation 2 and Fran and Balthier are indeed in this game.

Not so sure they can save the game though. Too kiddy. They definitely put the handicaps on this one people.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Lana
It's not kiddy. Cute style, yes, but not a kiddy game. Wouldn't exactly say easy either...not hard, but simply throwing everyone at everything you come across is a good way to kill off half your party.

I like it a lot so far. And I already pointed out that Fran and Balthier are in it.

exanda kane
So there isn't a Final Fantasy XII thread? I was looking for one.

Lana
No, there is one.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30247&highlight=title%3Afinal+forumid%3A66

exanda kane
Thank you.

Sado-sama
Originally posted by GahLakTus
how i love staring at her lulz same. droolio

ESB -1138
I got this game last weekend. Not the best FF game but it's pretty good.

Kumar
i don't have a DS but the game looked like it had some potential. I was a huge fan of XII, loved the license board, the combat system, etc.
Is it worth getting a DS instead of a PSP for this game?

InnerRise
Originally posted by Kumar
i don't have a DS but the game looked like it had some potential. I was a huge fan of XII, loved the license board, the combat system, etc.
Is it worth getting a DS instead of a PSP for this game? I don't think this game should change your mind if you're leaning towards getting a PSP.

What should change your mind is the quality of games that have been released for the Nintendo DS as opposed to the PSP.

So many more better games for the Nintendo DS than for the PSP.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Kumar
Is it worth getting a DS instead of a PSP for this game?

Well if this is really the only game that you were looking at you should see what else the DS has. FFXII: Revenant Wings is a good game.

But the DS has a ton of better ones like New Super Mario Bros, Metroid Prime Hunters, Star Fox Command, Sonic Rush, Sonic Rush Adventure, Mario Kart DS, Advance War: Duel Strike, Kirby Squek Squad, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl, Final Fantasy III DS, Super Mario 64 DS, the Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, Elite Beat Agents, Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time, Meteos, Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow, and with a lot more to come.

Really the DS has been the system I have spent the most money on just because I enjoyed playing many (not all) of these games and then some. Plus I'm waiting for Final Fantasy IV DS! Whoo! All time favorite Final Fantasy game being remade for the DS with the 2/3 of the script they left out of the SNES version plus some new things!!

InnerRise
Originally posted by ESB -1138
Pokemon Diamond and Pearl

w00t

Now these games right here should change your mind.

yes

Elite Beat Agents I've heard so many good things about this game and upon first glance it just never seemed like a good game. I'm still not all that convinced.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by InnerRise
I've heard so many good things about this game and upon first glance it just never seemed like a good game. I'm still not all that convinced.

Don't knock it until you try it. That game seems like a stupid idea but it is fun.

General Kaliero
I've definitely had more fun with Elite Beat Agents than with Pokemon Diamond.

InnerRise
Don't knock it until you try it. That game seems like a stupid idea but it is fun. Yeah......one of these days I'll have to check it out per say such as.

ESB -1138
GAA! I cannot kill the Judge of Wings on mission 8-4 (volcano place)! I have no trouble with Chaos but the Judge does like two spells and kills my entire party!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.